Week 5 with Marsski (and Inside the Line 9/25 & 9/28 editions)

Marsski

MAC Marvel
NCAA YTD: 14-12-1, +0.83 units
Multi-sport parlay: 0-1, -0.5 units
(NFL 4-2, +1.3 units)

Just played OSU -3 -125 for 1 unit.
I went ahead and grabbed the 3 on a half-point buy...Pass protection of Haskins will be a big key. Just think OSU has more overall talent and can win in a tough road environment. Will have more thoughts later in the week.

All plays for one unit unless otherwise noted.

Saturday Card:

Ohio State -3 (-125)
BYU +17.5
Syracuse/Clemson Over 66.5

Ohio U. -13.5
Fresno St. -8.5
Purdue -3.5

17-15, +0.38

Pros:
Browns/Raiders Over 45
Bengals +5

6-2, +3.3

Last edited:
That opener had to happen with these two teams ... Even though it is way inflated. Currently at 70.5 which seems a bit more appropriate.

That opener had to happen with these two teams ... Even though it is way inflated. Currently at 70.5 which seems a bit more appropriate.

I wouldn't touch anything over mid60s....might see some buttoned up play-calling and both DL are the best the other team has faced...

They pushed my column back to Saturday AM, it'll have write-ups on OSU, Clemson Over, Fresno, BYU, Browns Over and Bengals...

One I didn't write about was Purdue....very impressed with their freshman WR, I think he's the best player on the field Saturday. Nebraska doesn't have the athletes to run Frost's system and they flat out quit vs Michigan. Frost gave Purdue bulletin bad material with his this is a game we should win comment.
I think Purdue stacks the box, and makes Nebraska beat them outside one on one. BC couldn't do it and nothing makes me think Nebraska's freshman QB can do it either. Nebraska special teams is a total mess and wouldn't be surprised if we saw a special teams TD from Purdue.

Also played the Bobcats, more of a fade of U Mass's wretched defense.They got smoked by FIU and Frank's bunch is better. I do think OU takes out some frustrations of the last two weeks and rolls.

Last edited:
They pushed my column back to Saturday AM, it'll have write-ups on OSU, Clemson Over, Fresno, BYU, Browns Over and Bengals...

One I didn't write about was Purdue....very impressed with their freshman WR, I think he's the best player on the field Saturday. Nebraska doesn't have the athletes to run Frost's system and they flat out quit vs Michigan. Frost gave Purdue bulletin bad material with his this is a game we should win comment.
I think Purdue stacks the box, and makes Nebraska beat them outside one on one. BC couldn't do it and nothing makes me think Nebraska's freshman QB can do it either. Nebraska special teams is a total mess and wouldn't be surprised if we saw a special teams TD from Purdue.

Also played the Bobcats, more of a fade of U Mass's wretched defense.They got smoked by FIU and Frank's bunch is better. I do think OU takes out some frustrations of the last two weeks and rolls.

I think it unfortunate that your column gets switched to Saturday. It takes the Thursday NFL game out of the schedule as well as Thursday and Friday college games. The MAC has Thursday and Friday games next month, I do believe.
FWIW, the Boston Globe puts out its football/ gamblers edition on Friday. Tell your editor that an old man from Massachusetts thinks Saturday is a bad mistake.

Back