Week 5 What Are We Learning?

Fading public dogs continues to be a winning strategy

it was mind boggling insane how much love those big ones were getting today.. figured id be safe taking BC after all the others failed, so far so good.. forced me to alter what my card looked like but worked out really well!!!! just stayed the fuck away from all the marquee matchups.. i think that where ya gotta be super careful!! there no way i could lay all those points by fading them but there was a lot of value to be had on the games with less hype!!

kinda surprised michigan was able to win with that line but wiscy was pretty popular among sharper ppl.. talked bout this a little bit earlier with KJ, i really feel like books setting some crazy lines that are intended to draw in action from folks who trying to be sharp! like iowa-3, who among us didnt think that line was goofy? real easy to think that line screamed terps and i kinda think that was the point!! not gonna lie, it damn near got me to bite!!! lol.

Bama most complete team. Not sure who’s D is better but I suspect UGA gets the slight edge on D? And I’m a Bama fan.

Uga the best defense I think we have seen in some time. Don’t trust their offense as much as bama tho. Should be a hell of a sec championship then I’m assuming rematch in the championship game! Lol. No other team belongs on the field with those 2.

Uga the best defense I think we have seen in some time. Don’t trust their offense as much as bama tho. Should be a hell of a sec championship then I’m assuming rematch in the championship game! Lol. No other team belongs on the field with those 2.
UGA is so good on the DL, I don't even know if they're that good in the back 7 because they don't need to be. I'd certainly give the defensive edge to UGA, though I don't think their secondary is elite. Lucky for them they won't play anyone who can find out until a possible matchup with Alabama. Alabama is a better offensive team, possibly by a wide margin. I don't know that this UGA team is all that different than last year, they just don't have to play elite offenses in the regular season like they did last year. Looks like they are on a collision course for sure. Lucky for me, my sister is getting married in the middle of the SEC Championship game

I didn't watch a second of the game, but is Ohio St starting to get it together?

The SEC remains a line of scrimmage league even with crazy talent at the skill positions and a significant shift in offensive philosophy over the last decade. UGA and Bama have better guys up front than every other team in the conference, and it’s not particularly close.

Did anyone actually watch Missouri play defense yesterday? It looked like they were forced to play with full arm casts. I've never seen tackling quite like it. Here were Tennessee's drives:

TD
TD
TD
TD
TD
TD
FG
FG
DOWNS(at the 1 yard line)
TD

They gained all but 19 of the total yards possible in the game. There was a total of 702 yards possible that they could have gained in that game, and they gained 683 of them.

The SEC remains a line of scrimmage league even with crazy talent at the skill positions and a significant shift in offensive philosophy over the last decade. UGA and Bama have better guys up front than every other team in the conference, and it’s not particularly close.
There's a reason Alabama and UGA take so many in each recruiting class

UGA is so good on the DL, I don't even know if they're that good in the back 7 because they don't need to be. I'd certainly give the defensive edge to UGA, though I don't think their secondary is elite. Lucky for them they won't play anyone who can find out until a possible matchup with Alabama. Alabama is a better offensive team, possibly by a wide margin. I don't know that this UGA team is all that different than last year, they just don't have to play elite offenses in the regular season like they did last year. Looks like they are on a collision course for sure. Lucky for me, my sister is getting married in the middle of the SEC Championship game

i think uga corners are pretty good. far as the offense goes i agree and not real confident they be able to just line up and run the ball with lot of success vs bama.. i know gators did it but their run game is way more creative than anything uga does, plus they got a qb who gotta be accounted for. outta be a epic game tho!!! how you let her get away with picking that day for a wedding? isnt that sacrilege in the south? lol

-Okie the most fraudulent 5-0 team, I don't think Spencer is going to be great in the pros
-UGA/Bama in their own island and then it's the rest of the field
-Love what Cinci is doing, and that win in South Bend was real nice but it's a little overblown IMO with what I feel is an average ND team. "Mini Gronk" and his hands aren't that great and if the run is not working they just don't have enough with their receivers to change the game. That and I hate Brian Kelly with a passion.
-The Auburn win will also be blown out of proportion. Bo is meh and those hero plays were more that LSU can't tackle than Bo making a play..
-PAC12 continues to cannibalize each other for CFP
-UCLA run d is TERRIBLE, and here I thought visor Chip was back!
-Okie State just keeps on winning some how and I just don't get it

-Okie the most fraudulent 5-0 team, I don't think Spencer is going to be great in the pros
-UGA/Bama in their own island and then it's the rest of the field
-Love what Cinci is doing, and that win in South Bend was real nice but it's a little overblown IMO with what I feel is an average ND team. "Mini Gronk" and his hands aren't that great and if the run is not working they just don't have enough with their receivers to change the game. That and I hate Brian Kelly with a passion.
-The Auburn win will also be blown out of proportion. Bo is meh and those hero plays were more that LSU can't tackle than Bo making a play..
-PAC12 continues to cannibalize each other for CFP
-UCLA run d is TERRIBLE, and here I thought visor Chip was back!
-Okie State just keeps on winning some how and I just don't get it
I actually downgraded AU after that win. Just not as much as I did LSU. UGA may kill Bo. Or AU will combine their usual voodoo with L Ron Harsin's scientology spaceship and win out

I didn't watch a second of the game, but is Ohio St starting to get it together?
meh...that was a game they needed to just flex their muscles. Stroud looked much better and the D seemed all conference but Rutgers can make a lot of teams feel that way. Want to see more, but maybe small signs of turning the corner. Henderson is a beast though and if he is consistent, it should leave Wilson and Olave open. tOSU/Mich going to be a good one..

I actually downgraded AU after that win. Just not as much as I did LSU. UGA may kill Bo. Or AU will combine their usual voodoo with L Ron Harsin's scientology spaceship and win out
it's fucking unbelievable the luckbox that is Auburn and Bo Nix...LSU with so many trips inside and settling for FGs was pretty much the sign you knew they weren't covering or winning the gam.e

meh...that was a game they needed to just flex their muscles. Stroud looked much better and the D seemed all conference but Rutgers can make a lot of teams feel that way. Want to see more, but maybe small signs of turning the corner. Henderson is a beast though and if he is consistent, it should leave Wilson and Olave open. tOSU/Mich going to be a good one..
Thanks. I've lost some money on tOSU, OU and Clemson (specifically on TT overs) betting on them to get things right. Just wondering if I can let the Buckeyes back into the circle of trust for the rest of the B1G schedule

it's fucking unbelievable the luckbox that is Auburn and Bo Nix...LSU with so many trips inside and settling for FGs was pretty much the sign you knew they weren't covering or winning the gam.e
If you remember the 2019 Alabama vs AU game, you saw the first signs of his sorcery

Thanks. I've lost some money on tOSU, OU and Clemson (specifically on TT overs) betting on them to get things right. Just wondering if I can let the Buckeyes back into the circle of trust for the rest of the B1G schedule
I think if Henderson runs the way he did it just makes life so easy for what I feel is a vanilla offense. No real test until Pedo State so they should be ample ready for it.

Bad planning, you would think she would have known better ;)

Tell her she might want to wait for the game to be over because some of those guys are big and might knock the wedding party over. Pretty cool though, I didn’t know they do weddings there at the game.

1st sentence. They got rotation guys that would be superstars/best DL on other teams.
Like watching the fuxking Ravens or some shit

As an LSU fan, the only bright spot is to thank Aubbie for getting the wheels rolling faster and chopping the Ed O bill in half for cause, etc.

Shit is done

don't know what he said, but would be interested in what you'r referring to

The feud between Lane Kiffin and Michael Wibon isn’t drawing to a close just because the game in question is drawing near.

Wilbon, an ESPN analyst, didn’t mince any words this week when asked about what would be better for college football: a win by Kiffin and Ole Miss over Alabama or vice versa. Wilbon said Alabama in a landslide.

“Lane Kiffin’s a clown,” Wilbon said on ESPN’s Pardon The Interruption this week. “Lane Kiffin has been an embarrassment at multiple stops.”

After those comments, Kiffin retorted by questioning Wilbon’s professionalism during one of the coach’s press conferences this week.

Wilbon fired right back ahead of Ole Miss-Alabama.

“Listen, if Ole Miss wins that game, I will come on this show on Monday or maybe Tuesday. I will wear an Ole Miss jersey if they get me one, if he can beat Nick Saban,” Wilbon said. “They’re not going to win that game. They’re not. I know everybody thinks it’s trendy, by the way he’s a terrific offensive coach. What I said was essentially he’s been immature, I like having a chorus of voices respond with that.”

As an LSU fan, the only bright spot is to thank Aubbie for getting the wheels rolling faster and chopping the Ed O bill in half for cause, etc.

Shit is done
Rumors that Boutte is considering transferring to Alabama next season. Anything on y'alls end? Think we were runner up in recruiting for him. I'd be cool with it

Rumors that Boutte is considering transferring to Alabama next season. Anything on y'alls end? Think we were runner up in recruiting for him. I'd be cool with it
Ive heard a ton of shit, but that’s not one of em

Is USF getting better or are teams looking past them? SMU only led 27-17 before a pair of 4th Q TDs and USF outscored BYU 21-7 in 2nd H 2 weeks ago to only lose by 8. USF-SMU O were both 5.6ypp

What’s up with Tulane? Trailed 0-24 before climbing back to trail 23-31 before losing 29-52. ECU was killing clock and broke off a TD run with like 1min to cover 2nd H. ECU ran for 310!

What’s up with Tulane? Trailed 0-24 before climbing back to trail 23-31 before losing 29-52. ECU was killing clock and broke off a TD run with like 1min to cover 2nd H. ECU ran for 310!
The one concern was that little RB and of course he went off.

Bizaare year for the wave for sure/. Trying to find wins on the rest of the schedule and it’s pretty tough

Maybe spoil Cinci down the road but doubtful obviously

Navy trailed by 13 in the 4th and won. It helps UCF had Fr QB…UCF had their worst total yardage game (326) since the 2018/19 LSU bowl game.

The one concern was that little RB and of course he went off.

Bizaare year for the wave for sure/. Trying to find wins on the rest of the schedule and it’s pretty tough

Maybe spoil Cinci down the road but doubtful obviously

I‘ve personally watched only a little, but read drops were and have continued to be problem. But that D now? I wonder if internally playing OU, OM and the hurricane stuff has all just worn on them?

Cincy only outgained ND by 45 yards. ND threw RZ INT on first drive, threw another INT UC ran into their RZ and UC also recovered a fumble on KO. ND played 3 QBs.

Memphis led 21-0 last week and lost and led 17-0 vs Temple and lost again. Temple actually led 34-23 at one point, scored 34 of 40 pts after trailing by 17 to start.

D’Wan Mathis • RFr. • QB • Temple
Went 35-for-49 for 322 yards and three touchdowns in a 34-31 win against Memphis. Tied a 53-year-old school single-game record with 35 completions.

Last edited:
Tulsa ran for 308 on Ark St 2 weeks ago….ran for 31 vs Houston.

Back