Week 5 - NFL BLITZ

BlitzBandit

Friend of CTG
10-13 (+1 unit)

8-2 (+12.8 units) last two weeks...

Week 5 Plays:

Dallas @ Buffalo +10

( 3 units )

Ready to kick things off with another Monday Nighter. Dallas has been solid as hell and going against them just feels plain stupid.. specially when they are playing Buffalo of all teams. On paper, this matchup looks like a walk in the park for the Boys, but I just feel there's more going on here. Buffalo is coming off their first successful week. By that I mean their production (2 tds and one fg) last week was as much as they had produced the first three weeks combined... plus they won. Now they are at home against a Cowboys team that will be having a mini-superbowl the following week against the Patriots. If the Bills had a choice of when they would like to play the Boys, this would be the week.

Chicago @ Green Bay -3

( 3 units )

Griese looks just as horrible as Grossman, Benson needs Thomas Jones back, Berrian is dropping some balls, and the O-Line is dragging. With all that said, I wouldn't expect any kind of turnaround this week from them on the road facing a Green Bay defense that pretty solid. The Bears are averaging 3.3 yards per carry so far. GB shouldn't have problems keeping the ground game in check. Brett Favre has had serious problems against Chicagos' defense the last two years. In the last four games against the Bears, Favre has thrown 1 td and 9 ints (two returned for tds). But things have changed for Favre for the better and things have changed for the Bears defense for the worse. I'll take the Pack at home.

Miami +5 @ Houston

( 3 units )

Even though Ronnie Brown has put up over 200 total yards in each of the last two weeks, I wouldn't expect him to be too big of a factor this week against Houstons' rush defense who is allowing 80 rushing yards per game (6th in the NFL), but Houstons' pass defense is a bit on the soft side. They are allowing 230 yards passing per game. If Joey Harrington didn't have much trouble passing against them last week (over 200 yards passing and 2 tds with 0 ints), then I don't see why Miami would have problems moving the ball here. I'll take the points.

Atlanta +9 @ Tennessee

( 3 units )

Harrington has been playing well enough the last two weeks (Over 360 yds and 2 tds against Carolina and Over 220 yards and 2tds against Houston) to say he can be decent enough to cover this spread against a Tennessee pass defense that is ranked 24th in the league. He has now gone 3 straight games without a pick. There is plenty of reasons to think Tennessee has the ability to roll here, but I'll take the dirty birds.

here are my leans... still looking things over...

CAR +3 @ NO

SEA @ PIT -6

TB +10 @ IND

gl to all this weekend

:cheers: Go gettem. I stayed away from the Fins game. The line IMO is dead on so no play for me. Hope you get that one.

add:

Carolina +4 @ New Orleans

( 2 units )

Seattle @ Pittsburgh -5.5

( 2 units )

Arizona @ St. Louis +4

( 1 unit )

Jacksonville -1 @ Washington

( 1 unit )

Tampa Bay +10 @ Indianapolis

( 1 unit )

San Diego @ Denver +1

( 1 unit )

total plays...

Dallas @ Buffalo +10 ( 3 units )

Chicago @ Green Bay -3 ( 3 units )

Miami +5 @ Houston ( 3 units )

Atlanta +9 @ Tennessee ( 3 units )

Carolina +4 @ New Orleans ( 2 units )

Seattle @ Pittsburgh -5.5 ( 2 units )

Arizona @ St. Louis +4 ( 1 unit )

Jacksonville -1 @ Kansas City ( 1 unit )

Tampa Bay +10 @ Indianapolis ( 1 unit )

San Diego @ Denver +1 ( 1 unit )<!-- / message -->

Miami +5 @ Houston ( 3 units ) WON

Atlanta +9 @ Tennessee ( 3 units ) WON

Carolina +4 @ New Orleans ( 2 units ) WON

Seattle @ Pittsburgh -5.5 ( 2 units ) WON

Arizona @ St. Louis +4 ( 1 unit ) WON

Jacksonville -1 @ Kansas City ( 1 unit ) WON

6-0 (+12 units) so far...

still pending...

Tampa Bay +10 @ Indianapolis ( 1 unit )

San Diego @ Denver +1 ( 1 unit )<!-- / message -->

Dallas @ Buffalo +10 ( 3 units )

Chicago @ Green Bay -3 ( 3 units )

Hell yah bro kickin' ass...havin' a tough time jumpin' on Gbay here even though i like ur reasoning. the line just seems a bit fishy or maybe i'm reading into it a bit much.

thanks guys...

had a hard time closing... lost the last three after winning the first six...

I think the Bills look really solid tonight though... hopefully they pull through.

Miami +5 @ Houston ( 3 units ) WON

Atlanta +9 @ Tennessee ( 3 units ) WON

Carolina +4 @ New Orleans ( 2 units ) WON

Seattle @ Pittsburgh -5.5 ( 2 units ) WON

Arizona @ St. Louis +4 ( 1 unit ) WON

Jacksonville -1 @ Kansas City ( 1 unit ) WON

Tampa Bay +10 @ Indianapolis ( 1 unit ) loss

San Diego @ Denver +1 ( 1 unit ) loss<!-- / message -->

Chicago @ Green Bay -3 ( 3 units ) loss

Dallas @ Buffalo +10 ( 3 units ) WON

Buffalo came through..

7-3 (+9.5 units) for the week...

17-16 (+10.5 units) overall for the season

Blitz we did it again:cheers:. Too bad the Bills lost though. I feel for them and their fans on that one.

Back