Week 5 Lookahead Lines vs BetOnline Openers / Week 5 Discussion Thread

Capaholic

Proud Member of Chiefs Nation
This helped a couple weeks ago. Bringing it back

To the left is the Week 5 lookahead line available all week. To the right is the current BetOnline odds

NE -7.5/ -9
Balt. -1/ -2.5
KC -3/ -3.5
Tenn -3/ -3.5
Carolina -6.5/ -6
Pitt -3.5/ -3.5
NYJ -2.5 / -1
GB. Pk / -1.5
Cincy. -3.5/ -5.5
LAC -6.5/ -6
Philly -3/ -2.5
Rams -6.5/ -7
SF -3/ -5.5
Houston -4/ -3.5
New Orleans -6.5/ -6.5

Possible overreactions? SF, Cincy, NE?

Lines getting tighter

Went ahead and put in my Redskins +7 bet. Last 5 Saints/Redskins games are Saints win by 3, Saints lose by 33, Saints lose by 8, Saints win by 3 (SB year) and Saints lose by 5. You have to go back to 2002 for the Saints to win by more than 7, and back to 1992 for the Saints to win by more than 7 at home.

Don’t like the letdown spot on the road for my titans, but doubt Vrabel lets them be unprepared. The D should get after Allen and get sacks and force turnovers. As long as Mariota doesn’t turn it over I like where this offense is going. Corey Davis finally showed why he was drafted so high in the 1st round to be WR1 and a healthy Tajae Sharpe has given Mariota some weapons. Add in Taylor in the slot along with Lewis as a pass catcher out of the backfield they can do damage. I look for Henry to start getting on track here too. I’ll look to parlay the ML here as I don’t want to lay the points but then should win.

Maybe I am crazy square but ill be on Tennessee. Buffalo didn't even play horrendously and still lost 22-0 at green bay. josh allen is the least qualified NFL qb I have seen in ages.

Same with the Giants; I think you have to fade these teams every week under a td. pantehrs should score in the 20s and that should be enough to cover

Cleveland moneyline; they win this game big. bakers first home start. let me tell you something, people are not talking enough about how bad the browns got f'ed in the a by the refs yesterday. reversing that spot that would have iced the game was just inexcusable; if you believe the NFL is fixed, calls like that are your exhibit A.

Detroit will win at home; GB wasn't even that great against buffalo and there seems to be more issues between McCarthy and Rodgers.

happy to lay 3 with KC. Jacksonvilles defense is good but as the steelers showed last year; if you have multiple weapons you can score on them.

steelers should be able to score 50 points against the falcons. coming off a loss I think they roll. possible steelers/over parlay.

rams are an unstoppable force; I am fine laying 7 on the road against seattle.

NO/Washington should be a shootout. MNF games tend to be high scoring too. Over 52.

leans:

Tenny -3
Panthers -6.5
Detroit +1
KC -3
Steelers -4 and over
Browns +2.5
Rams -7
NO/Wash over 52

Don’t like the letdown spot on the road for my titans, but doubt Vrabel lets them be unprepared. The D should get after Allen and get sacks and force turnovers. As long as Mariota doesn’t turn it over I like where this offense is going. Corey Davis finally showed why he was drafted so high in the 1st round to be WR1 and a healthy Tajae Sharpe has given Mariota some weapons. Add in Taylor in the slot along with Lewis as a pass catcher out of the backfield they can do damage. I look for Henry to start getting on track here too. I’ll look to parlay the ML here as I don’t want to lay the points but then should win.

This kinda reeks of the Chiefs then Jaguars stretch end of 2016

I like Mariota. Think the Mariota bashers need to chill out. Clearly the dude just needs time to fully blossom

He shows flashes. He needs his legs to be healthy to be effective. He’s never gonna be a pure drop passer, but when his legs are right and he can sneak in the option or run or at least with the threat of it along with being able to buy an extra second or two evading pass rushers he’s good. Plus it helps that his WR are starting to develop and give him viable options to throw to

He shows flashes. He needs his legs to be healthy to be effective. He’s never gonna be a pure drop passer, but when his legs are right and he can sneak in the option or run or at least with the threat of it along with being able to buy an extra second or two evading pass rushers he’s good. Plus it helps that his WR are starting to develop and give him viable options to throw to

Corey Davis

Each Sunday, the FO staff sends around emails about the games that each of us are watching. We share information about the games that the rest of the group might not be watching, ask questions, and keep everyone else informed about which games they might want to tune into (if they can).

On Monday, we compile a digest of those emails and produce this feature. By its nature, it can be disjointed and dissimilar to the other articles on the site.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/audibles/2018/audibles-line-week-4

Back