Week 5 Lookahead Lines/Openers and Discussion

Capaholic

Proud Member of Chiefs Nation
1st Line- Westgate Lookahead
2nd Line- 5Dimes Lookahead
3rd Line- BetOnline Opener
4th Line- Current Line

LA Rams. -1.5/ -1/ -1.5/ Current: SEATTLE -2 (-105)
Balt. -6/ -3 (-115)/ -3.5 / Current: -4
Chicago. -3/ -6.5/ -5.5/ Current: -4.5 (-113)
Cincinnati. -4/ -4/ -4.5/ Current: OFF
Carolina. -3 (-120)/ -3 (-125)/ -3 (-120) /Current: -3.5 (-105)
Minnesota -5.5/ -5/ -4.5 / Current: -4.5
New England. -10/ -13/ -13.5/ Current: -14.5 (-120)
Philadelphia. OFF/ -13/ -14 (-102)/ Current: -14 (-102)
New Orleans. -6.5/ -7 (+105)/ -5.5/ Current: -3.5
Houston. -4.5/ -4/ -4.5 (-115)/ Current: -5 (-105)
Tennessee -1/ -1.5/ -3 (-115)/ Current: -2.5 (-120)
LA Chargers -6.5/ 7 (+105)/ -7 (-107)/ Current: -6.5
Dallas -4/ -4/ -3.5/ Current: -3.5 (-103)
Kansas City. -8.5/ -9/ -10/ Current: -10.5 (-115)
San Francisco -4/ -3.5/ -3.5/ Current: -3.5 (-113)

Last edited:
Rams vs Seattle about a 'Pick Em' for Thursday...
Am I the only one falling into the trap of,
"No Way Rams Play That Shitty 2 Weeks In A Row!"

That raiders/bears game is in London not Oakland correct?

I think bears might have caught a huge break w trubisky getting hurt, I find it hard to believe he would have played as well as chase Daniel did yesterday.

Colts getting some boys back....ml

Gmen getting some help with Tate back from suspension. Looks like they have their franchise qb.

Cook should have a monster game vs Gmen but cousins laying 5 when I think Gmen will put up a decent number?

How did NE get such a cake schedule?? Wash, Jets and Mia in first 5 weeks.

Even the 1 game that shoulda been “tougher” week 1 was against Big Ben im assuming was already hurt and a Steelers team that nowhere close to good. The defense is clearly very good but they have faced the easiest set of offenses imaginable.

Updated

Big moves for Seattle, against New Orleans, for New England (-15.5 some spots, got up to 16)

KC up to 11 in some places,

Who the hell is betting Denver to get it off 7

Initial thoughts before reading a thing:

Seattle is gonna be a popular choice, but I may be buying low on the Rams. Lets not forget Seattle almost lost to Cincy at home. LAR may have issues with Goff, but hes not going to fumble 3x a game. The Rams have the playmakers to score on the Earl Thomas-less secondary

Buffalo at Tennessee: no feel whatsoever, although it may be hard for Buffalo to score at all if Barkley is playing. If it is Barkley I think under 38.5 is the play

Atlanta at Houston: Certainly can't trust Atlanta, but Houston is a dumb 2 pt conversion play call away from being 1-3. Atlanta might just be a dumpster fire though. I think its Texans or nothing here

Gimme the Steelers getting more than a FG at home vs the Ravens. In my opinion, the Ravens got the reputation as an offensive powerhouse waaaay too soon after destroying Miami and beating Arizona (although zona hung tough on the road as a 13 pt dog). Steelers saved their season last night. Think they figure out a way to win this one to move to 2-3 and put themselves right back in the picture

NE -15.5....well I sure as hell cant take Washington here. This is a teaser play if there ever was one. I may even lay the points. 28-10 seems like a worst case scenario for NE

Sure as hell didn't think I'd ever be excited for a Gardner Minshew-Kyle Allen game, but the winner of this game is 3-2. I actually like both of these guys a lot. Kind of have to take the points in a game that is a coin flip

Cincy -4.5? My first thought is LOL Bengals My second thought is EVERYBODY IS GONNA SAY LOL BENGALS and this might be the time to play them. This is one of their only opportunities for a W all year. Arizona was feisty out of the gate but they are settling into the cellar dweller we expected them to be in Kylers rookie year. Oddly enough, I lean Cincy

TB @ NO? Pass...just no feel. This feels like a Jameis 3int game though

Chicago's defense should eat vs Oakland, but I can't late more than a fg with Chase Daniel....or can I?

Jets @ Philly...ok so theres the 2nd leg of the teaser with New England

Love Minnesota -4.5. Bounce back spot. Borderline must win. Danny Dimes looked like ass last week; the fact that he got the W hides that he played poorly. Vikings go into NY and take it easily, IMO.

Denver is 2 walk off fgs away from being 2-2. Perhaps were getting some value there. its LAC -6.5 now...ill stay put at the moment but if it gets to 7 I may have to bite

GB at Dallas: gonna stay away from this one but this will be a very important game for each team to see how they each respond from a tough loss. I truly believed that Dallas took the next step and was a very scary team; then they couldn't do a damn thing Sunday night in New Orleans. I THINK they are actually good and that was just a misstep on the road that happens o all good teams. But at the same time, all 3 of their wins were against trash opponents. This is a stay away, but also a watch and learn game

If Derek Carr threw all over Indy, what is Mahomes gonna do? Especially back home off a somewhat underwhelming performance on the road. Third teaser leg? Over? Not sure how to play this but this should be a show. KC should end up in the 40s, and as long as Hilton plays Indy will be in the 20s

MNF: Cleveland getting a fg maye

Leans:

NE/Philly/KC 10 pt teaser or maybe ML parlay

Indy/KC over 57 (maybe make it a 4 team 14 pt teaser and go NE/Philly/KC and over)

Minny -4.5

Denver +7

Buff/Tennesee u 38.5

Cincy -4.5 (yuck)

Steelers +4

Rams +1.5

Also: all games at 1pm and then only 2 in the afternoon? GTFO NFL

Your last line Dan ..that pisses me off ..last two weeks we had 5 and 4 in afternoon slot. So much more enjoyable. This is such a joke.

its brutal. what is the point? Red Zone is gonna suck.

On a somewhat related note, I wonder if as the NFL embraces gambling going forward if they will phase out the 4:05 start time in favor of 4:15 or 4:25....that 4:05 game is pretty brutal because there is usually still a few mins left in the 1pm games so your bets are still up in the air when its starting. Give fans/bettors a chance to see where they stand after the 1pm games, get in some last min bets on the late games. Why not start them all at 4:25?

I actually missed out on a Dissly TD bet that woulda been a winner bc I was focused on Oakland/Indy and lost track of time and got it in at 4:06.

its brutal. what is the point? Red Zone is gonna suck.

On a somewhat related note, I wonder if as the NFL embraces gambling going forward if they will phase out the 4:05 start time in favor of 4:15 or 4:25....that 4:05 game is pretty brutal because there is usually still a few mins left in the 1pm games so your bets are still up in the air when its starting. Give fans/bettors a chance to see where they stand after the 1pm games, get in some last min bets on the late games. Why not start them all at 4:25?

I actually missed out on a Dissly TD bet that woulda been a winner bc I was focused on Oakland/Indy and lost track of time and got it in at 4:06.
I saw your tweet about 4:05... And totally agree. It's always been bs. I think with all the movement towards us gambling that it will get changed by next year. Just a hunch.

Updated

Big moves for Seattle, against New Orleans, for New England (-15.5 some spots, got up to 16)

KC up to 11 in some places,

Who the hell is betting Denver to get it off 7

I'm of the belief that Denver isn't THAT bad...they lost 2 games on last minute fgs. Week 1 was one of those weird 10pm MNF start time games where wonky things tend to happen. They even hung tough with Green Bay throughout most of that game. Granted, I am not saying they are good at all, but they may very well be a team you can take when getting a TD

This past weekend you had a couple games go off at 1:05 (West Coast) and the other at 1:25. So yeah, why not make ALL Of Em 1:25?!
Example: Week 6
2 Games Start At 1:05
2 Games Start At 1:25

FWIW, since 2010 Pats are 9 or 10-0 to the under as a DD road fave. The second half unders for those have that same record.

I'm of the belief that Denver isn't THAT bad...they lost 2 games on last minute fgs. Week 1 was one of those weird 10pm MNF start time games where wonky things tend to happen. They even hung tough with Green Bay throughout most of that game. Granted, I am not saying they are good at all, but they may very well be a team you can take when getting a TD

I am just of the opinion that the Broncos do nothing well right now. All three phases of the game. They have possibly the worst starting QB in the league, they lost their most consistent defender, their best CB wants out, there is infighting between veteran and young players, Fangio is in way over his head.

The Chargers have not done much to inspire confidence but Denver is a bad bad team that will continue to get worse I'm afraid.

Now, growing up with Elway killing the Chiefs I am not upset with this in any way. But if they ever want to return to glory, Elway is the one who has to go. But with the ownership battle lingering, he might keep getting shots to further cripple this team.

I am just of the opinion that the Broncos do nothing well right now. All three phases of the game. They have possibly the worst starting QB in the league, they lost their most consistent defender, their best CB wants out, there is infighting between veteran and young players, Fangio is in way over his head.

The Chargers have not done much to inspire confidence but Denver is a bad bad team that will continue to get worse I'm afraid.

Now, growing up with Elway killing the Chiefs I am not upset with this in any way. But if they ever want to return to glory, Elway is the one who has to go. But with the ownership battle lingering, he might keep getting shots to further cripple this team.

There will always be tall unathletic QBs available in Free Agency for him to bring in instead of dealing with a young qb, which is clearly something he has zero desire to do

I heard the record under Elway with Peyton versus without Peyton, pretty fucking telling.

I don’t think Flacco is anywhere close to the worst starting qb. Agree w most the rest and the defense has been pathetic under this coach who supposed to be some kind of defensive guru.

I don’t think Flacco is anywhere close to the worst starting qb. Agree w most the rest and the defense has been pathetic under this coach who supposed to be some kind of defensive guru.

Perhaps my statement was a bit hyperbolic. And somehow he has the 9th best QBR which makes zero sense. But other than Rosen, who is assuredly worse than him at this moment in time. Cousins has to be close. I feel like Dalton would fair better than Flacco with Denver's personnel. I just think Flacco is beyond done. Perhaps I am way off.

Welcome to ctg. Thx for posting. There are definitely a few QBs that are worse..no doubt.

Bears-Raiders game to be played in London, U.K. at the newly constructed £1 billion Tottenham Hotspur Stadium aka. New White Heart Lane. It is designed to be a multi-purpose stadium that features the world's first dividing, retractable football pitch, which reveals a full synthetic Turf Nation pitch underneath for NFL London Games.

Oddsmakers may lead you to believe the typical wet, mushy, sloppy type football you may see on EPL premiership but after all the pomp and circumstance, no way this game stays under 40.

They are trying to sell the investment here, not just the game.

Bears-Raiders game to be played in London, U.K. at the newly constructed £1 billion Tottenham Hotspur Stadium aka. New White Heart Lane. It is designed to be a multi-purpose stadium that features the world's first dividing, retractable football pitch, which reveals a full synthetic Turf Nation pitch underneath for NFL London Games.

Oddsmakers may lead you to believe the typical wet, mushy, sloppy type football you may see on EPL premiership but after all the pomp and circumstance, no way this game stays under 40.

They are trying to sell the investment here, not just the game.

this is great info, but does the playing surface even matter with these 2 teams? only way I can see it getting over 40 is if the bears get a defensive score or 2

That raiders/bears game is in London not Oakland correct?

I think bears might have caught a huge break w trubisky getting hurt, I find it hard to believe he would have played as well as chase Daniel did yesterday.
Chase was not that good. The over reaction on mitch is insane.

Chase was not that good. The over reaction on mitch is insane.

The "chase is better than mitch" narrative after the game was ridiculous, I agree. But Mitch has been very bad so far too. Chase did exactly what you want a backup to do; moved the chains, didn't make mistakes, and didn't blow it for the defense. That is great work by a veteran backup. But if hes your starter in a playoff game, you are done

The "chase is better than mitch" narrative after the game was ridiculous, I agree. But Mitch has been very bad so far too. Chase did exactly what you want a backup to do; moved the chains, didn't make mistakes, and didn't blow it for the defense. That is great work by a veteran backup. But if hes your starter in a playoff game, you are done
Yup, I love Chase as a backup and Mitch has not looked that good in the 1st two games, but looked like his old self v. Washington. People took away from it because the defense set them up so well but he made every damn throw outside of 1 mistake.

Mitch isn't Mahomes and people want him to be that. He is a slightly above avg. QB currently who could become a better version of Alex Smith if things hit right.

Going to be hard to keep me off Tennessee and Carolina this week. Still digging. By the end I could be off both but I like them first time through.

Chase was our backup for a couple years. He may not be better than Trubisky but he can start on more than a couple of teams. Guy has just needed an opportunity. Solid ball player.

Back