ML Parlay (+107): LOSER
Okie St, Kentucky, Georgia, UAB, Ohio St, SDSU

ML Parlay (+120): WINNER
Baylor, Temple, Stanford, SDSU

Last edited:
Week 4 Plays Review:

K-State (+7.5) ----- REG WINNER
K-State ML (+230) ----- Small Potatoes LOSER
Feel like I read it perfectly. I hope people quit talking about how Auburn's offense is unstoppable now....but I know they wont. I stated my strong believe that assignment and disciplined defense slows down this offense, & KSU did just that w/ far less athletes & it looked good. The Cats should have won by 10pts if they wouldn't have made so many mistakes, which is very non Snyder-like (3 missed FG's, an all-american WR dropping a pass in the endzone that miraculously winds up in Auburn's hands). Auburn's lock box is still pretty full....I'm beginning to believe that Malzahn has sold his soul to the devil.

Akron (+10) ----- MASTERED LOSER
Akron ML (+305) ----- Small Potatoes LOSER

I was absolutely FLOORED with how Akron came out of the locker room for this game. Zero intensity, Made mistakes & turnovers early to help give Marshall an early lead, & credit Marshall for not coming out flat at all. Although, Akron's lack of intensity and execution helped them out. Akron has very experienced WR's & they are still dropping a lot of balls. I was probably most surprised with how easy Marshall ran on their defense as well.....the Zips have a lot of experience in the front 7 & they got whipped bad. Zips had a chance to cut the lead to a 2 score game late in the 2nd quarter but couldn't punch it in from the goal line, then 2 plays later gave up a long TD pass. Ballgame over from there. Bad read, & nothing went how I planned.

Iowa (+7) ----- REG WINNER
Iowa ML (+245) ----- Small Potatoes WINNER

I was pretty shocked w/ how easy it was for Pitt in the 1st half, but then Iowa played very very well in the 2nd half. Pitt's whole offense looked really good early, but like I said last week...Iowa finds ways to pull these types of games out when everyone is down on them.

Florida (+14.5) ----- REG LOSER
This score could have been 70-7. I am absolutely stunned w/ how bad Florida's secondary is. Also am pretty surprised by their lack of pass rush. On a side note, Blake Sims can throw a pretty damn good ball. Florida was fortunate early to keep it close & give this bet some hope, but their offense was miserable (i'll touch on that in a second) & their defense finally tired down. Now for Florida's offense....I absolutely do not understand the play calling Roper is doing. Jeff Driskel can't throw a deep ball....so stop trying to have him throw a damn deep ball. He was 1-15 throwing over 20yds yesterday....why the hell keep doing that?? Last week vs. Kentucky, he overthrew 4 wide open guys in the 1st half. They stopped throwing those in the 2nd half & their offense was efficient. I am not comparing Bama to Kentucky, but I'm stating a fact that hurry-up offenses (& a whole lot of QB's) work a lot better & can execute when you get into a rhythm. The play calling (or maybe it was Driskel's choices) were giving the offense zero chance to get into a rhythm which is not how hurry up offenses succeed. Maybe Driskel can throw a deep pass when he gets comfortable?? I have zero idea, but regardless if they want to keep doing what they did offensively then they should probably move on from Driskel & let the young guys see how well they throw it deep.

Maryland ML (+113) ----- REG WINNER
Only watched some of the 1st half. Looks like a good bet. Maryland got up early & Cuse came back, then Maryland got up again & it was game over. Some big plays for the Terps which doesn't surprise me.....the box score looks lop-sided, but maybe that's b/c Cuse was playing from behind much of the game?? I dunno

North Carolina ML (+130) ----- REG LOSER
Embarrassing pick. The good news is.....it wasn't as embarrassing as UNC's defense!!! Credit ECU for coming out & taking care of business, as this was a total situational play by me & they were having NONE of that.

San Diego St (+10.5) ----- REG LOSER
San Diego St ML (+325) ----- Small Potatoes LOSER

Started off good. Then the TD drive for the Beav's to end the 1st half sent this downhill. SDSU ran down OSU's throat in the 1st drive & then I felt like they kind of got away from that a bit? Kaehler looked hurt for most of the game, but regardless he didn't look like a QB with confidence. Credit Riley for running lots of toss plays offensively....he knew they would have zero success running against SDSU's DL up the middle (and they didn't), but the toss plays made their running game respectable. Overall, bad pick....but for my Aztecs going forward I'm actually pretty happy. Their defense looks better than I thought it would be, they just need to get Kaehler back on track offensively.

OU/WVU U 65 ----- Small Potatoes LOSER
Why do I even spend a penny on totals?? It's mind boggling. OU got burnt on a few plays early, but absolutely shut down WVU in the 2nd half. It was good to see as an OU fan. Not talking about the bet here but OU's run game keeps going w/o Ford....true Frosh Perine was amazing. Kid is huge, smart, & has good vision & speed. I've got to believe they are not allowing Knight to run the ball though b/c he could have had 100yds rushing on their "zone read" plays but he gives it every time....gotta be a coaching decision & they are making sure he stays healthy for later in the year.

ULL (+17.5) ----- Small Potatoes LOSER

ULL does not look good. Dumb bet. Didn't really stand a chance. Zero offense & their defense which is very experienced has taken a massive step back. It'll be interesting to see how they do in conference play.

ML Parlay: LOSER
Va Tech, BYU, Toledo, LSU, Nebraska (+200)

Terrible week. Won big in week 3, & gave a good chunk back this week. I am still up on the year, but the overall record looks miserable for me & I'm gonna need to work on that. It's obvious that I need to do away w/ the Small Plays & Totals all-together. Frustrating b/c I really did not like this card for Week 4, but I still bet on it. I'm more upset w/ myself b/c no game deserved to be MASTERED, but I went ahead & threw one up there anyway....which I shouldn't have done. Should have just went light & lived for next week. Something comical: I went back & looked at the last couple years & how I do in week 4, & I'm right at 20%.....there's a sign of how much Week 4 hates me & I hate it.

Zero feel for either game tonight on my end. I will start 1 of 2 ML parlays for this weekend though:

ML Parlay (+107):
Okie St, Kentucky, Georgia, UAB, Ohio St, SDSU Aztecs

Fresno (-4.5) ----- REG
Fresno isn't as good as they were last year, and anyone who didn't know that going into this year was kidding theirselves. But I also have a hard time believing that they are now a bottom feeder in the MWC.
Few reasons for this play:
UNM is coming off a game in which they had to score a last minute TD against their biggest rival NMST. Emotional letdown in this game? Possibly. I was, however, impressed/surprised to see that UNM actually faired well the game after playing NMST the last couple years.
UNM can't stop a nosebleed. Fresno's offense has question marks at QB, but they have serviceable RB's and playmakers at WR. Also, this is the 1st week that FSU has given 1 QB all the first team reps in practice. Regardless of who QB's, I'm hard pressed to believe UNM will be able to get many stops in this game.
There is a MASSIVE difference between strength of schedule for each of these teams through 4 weeks. Sagarin says Fresno = 13th hardest, UNM = 123rd hardest. Fresno played one of the hardest first 3 games of the year and got dominated (like I would expect) while UNM does have Zona St on it's list.
Finally and most importantly to me.....I love betting on a team that has a coach with experience against the option when they play an option team. DeRuyter has experience coaching against option teams as he was the DC at Air Force a few years back. He's 3-1 ATS and SU against option teams since he's been at FSU. Last year against UNM he held them to 160yds rushing and 80 of that came on 1 run during garbage time. However, UNM was without 2 of their top offensive players. As for this year, Fresno's run defense hasn't been near as big problem as their pass defense....their run D is actually right around the same that it was last year (this year = 4.5ypc vs last year = 4.2ypc).
Bottom Line: I hate betting road favs on "weeknight" games, but there are too many things I like here to pass up on

Rest of the card will be up later tonight. BOL tonight peps.

Fresno St (-4.5) ----- REG WINNER
I've seen little leaguers take better pursuit angles than these Fresno defenders do. Defense tighten up in the 2nd half. Good pick. Side note.....I hope my Aztecs whip that ass next week.

Bowling Green (-5.5) ----- Small Potatoes

WTF is this line?? This has trap written all over it....sucker bet written all over it. & I'll bite on...I have to pay to see this. & that's my in-depth & thorough write-up for this game.

Miami OH (+6) ----- Small Potatoes (.75u)
Miami OH ML (+215) ----- Small Potatoes (.5u)

I love what Miami OH is doing so far this year. So much more competitive....I thought they would be good ATS early in the year, & really wish I would have went through with it & bet them. Oh well, I'll start now b/c I think Buffalo is on a bit of a down year, & Miami has some of that swag back. This team looks sneaky competitive.

Miami FL (-6.5) ----- REG
One concern here....Miami's rush defense. I have major concerns about it & it's the only reason this isn't a bigger bet. With that said, Duke has played cupcakes (& demolished them rightfully so). Miami is a little more battle tested, & I went back & re-watched the Nebraska game from last week & I am very, very impressed with how much better Kaaya is playing. Furthermore, I don't care what the final score was in that game, or even that Nebby was up 17 in the 4th qtr....Miami's fumble in the 3rd qtr totally changed that game or they may have had the lead late in the 3rd. I had a strong lean on Nebby last week too...but chicken out b/c I didn't like the -8 number. Anyway, Kaaya went into an extremely hostile crowd & played very well. This is the game we find out if Duke misses Kurt Roper, & I think they do. Miami didn't have their own Duke last year, & if the QB play can just match what it was last week, I think Miami wins this by DD's. I don't expect Duke to unearth an Ameer Abdullah....or even 5 OL that can block like Nebby's can.

Texas St (+3) & ML (+140) ----- REG
1 thing keeping this from being a MASTER is that I have serious situational edge concerns. Texas St is off an emotional game vs Illinois that they should have won, while Tulsa had a BYE week. Regardless, I think Texas St wins & won't be surprised if it's by DD's. I follow Tulsa football fairly closely, & this team has major defensive problems. I love Bill Blankenship (& even played against his HS team that he coached), but I just don't think he's been able to recruit the talent or athletes needed. The defense is so, so bad right now, & I don't think a BYE week is going to fix their problems. This team needs game-time experience, if anything. Dane Evans is much improved, & I still believe that Tulsa will win some games late in the season as the team (mainly defense & OL) mature. Texas St can run & pass the football, so I don't see much way that Tulsa can slow them down at all. Defensively, Texas St has a chance to put some pressure on Evans & force him into mistakes, as the kid has problems when faced w/ pressure. Again, this game would be MASTERED if it wasn't for the huge situational advantage that Tulsa has in this game.

Wazzou (+14) ----- REG
Wazzou ML (+460) ----- Small Potatoes

This is one of the BIGGEST sandwich games you will see all year long here for Utah. Just got off a huge roadie to The Big House & whipped up on Michigan, now play Wazzou who is 1-3 (although I know they are well aware that the Cougs almost beat Oregon), & next week have UCLA on deck. Just a massive sandwich game & I'm shocked that this line has jumped so much. I understand the love for Utah here.....hell, Wazzou could be in big letdown mode b/c they were so close to knocking off Oregon. I'll hold my breathe that Wazzou knows that they are 1-3, were a bowl team last year, & that they have gotten better the last 2 games they have played. Utah likes to play a physical style of football, which works well against Michigan, but not so sure it works so well against Mike Leach's offense. Last year Holliday threw all over the Utes, & I think it's b/c this offense doesn't play into Utah's wheelhouse. Wazzou's DL is their strength (if you want to call it that) on defense, which may be able to help some of the bleeding here in this game against a physical team. But make no mistake about it, this a major play on the terrible spot that it is for Utah & the fact that I'll take 2 TD's here all day. Very close to being MASTERED, but for now has 2u's on it.

Nevada (-5.5) ----- REG
Loved it at -2 on Sunday night & should have unloaded on it. Now it's climbed like crazy but I still think Nevada steamrolls SJSU, & the only way they don't is if they are too busy thinking about Boise next week. I like to think I follow SJSU pretty closely.....last year I was 7-1 betting their games ATS (started out 1-1 ATS) & was also 2-0 on my leans for them. This team resembles last years team in a big way.....aside for the fact they don't have a Fales throwing the ball. Basically, SJSU can't run the football.....now, much like last year at this time they couldn't either. SJSU will be able to run the football later in the year, which will help their offense out a lot. But right now they can't. SJSU still can't stop the run, although they have played amazing running teams, I still don't think they can stop it all. Sparty has good interior DL's, but nothing on the edge....& when playing Nevada this won't help them at all. SJSU has major troubles w/ running QB's b/c of this also...so Cody F should have a big day. Add in that Sparta has QB troubles still (no David Fales) & are starting a new QB this week, I just can't see how this goes well. RB Lawson comes back, which will help the run game as the season goes, but right now I don't think it will. WR Winston will help the new QB Joe Gray, as will Gray's ability to throw quick intermediate passes, but again I just don't see how it's going to be overly successful in his 1st game. This situation matches up identical to last year....SJSU had a bye (like this year) to figure out their run D problems, traveled to Minnesota & got steam rolled by the run game (like this year), & now play a team w/ a mobile QB & pretty good defense (like last year). Last year they got steamrolled by Utah St. 40-12. I was very leery of Brian Polian when he got hired & wanted to see how he did early this year, & I'm every bit impressed. He's gameplanned to where his team will pass when needed against a team, & his team will run when needed against a team. I also think SJSU misses HC Mike MacIntyre dearly. I thought Nevada could be a serious darkhorse in the MWC this year, & I've seen nothing to change my mind so far.

ML Parlay (+120):
Baylor, Temple, Stanford, SDSU

I missed a lot of lines this week. Miami's jumped up, Nevada's jumped up. I loved Temple @ -3 & -4 but now it's all the way up to -7. Love Stanford this week & if that game gets below a TD then I'll add it. The ML parlay is basically a play on the fact I think there is a 0.1% chance that SDSU & Baylor lose, so it's a way to make money on Stanford & Temple hopefully (unless their lines drop then I'll play them ATS).

UTSA almost made the card but that line has crept up too far. Kinda wish I put them in a ML parlay. Also, if S Bama keeps dropping I may have to play them.

No MASTERS as of yet....last week I should have took the week off of them. I played 1 instead & it lost....frustrating b/c I had 3 that I liked a lot & the other 2 won. Tomorrow there's a good chance I come back & add a MASTER to this card. I LOVE Nevada this week & that may get bumped up....also really like Wazzou & Texas St.

Next week is when, IMO, great college football begins. Starting next week the cards should be LOADED with great games & opportunities.

GL peeps, I'll prob stop back by tomorrow

Nevada (-5.5) ----- MASTERED
Go ahead & bump it up. I've thought enough about it. I know Polian hasn't won a road game yet...but this Nevada team looks much better than last years model. And the more I look at it the more I just can't see how SJSU is going to stop Fajaro. He was banged up all year last year & totally destroyed this team. Sparty was a better all around team last year as well, and unless Joe Gray is even better than David Fales was, I just don't see how they keep this game close at all.

Nevada (-5.5) ----- MASTERED
Go ahead & bump it up. I've thought enough about it. I know Polian hasn't won a road game yet...but this Nevada team looks much better than last years model. And the more I look at it the more I just can't see how SJSU is going to stop Fajaro. He was banged up all year last year & totally destroyed this team. Sparty was a better all around team last year as well, and unless Joe Gray is even better than David Fales was, I just don't see how they keep this game close at all.

SJSU should be plenty beat up from the ass whooping that Minny OL put on them too. they ran all over them last week - the QB only completed 1 pass. gl on the action. I'll be joining you on this one.

Agree P-Unit.

last year I had much success on SJSU games. And this year plays out a lot like last year. Last year I bet SJSU vs Stanford and won, SJSU had a bye then I bet them against Minn and watched them get abused (like they did last week again), then the next week faded them big against Utah St. From there I went on to have a lot of success betting for or against them.

anyhow, I'm glad we agree. Good luck this week.

Thanks fellas. GL today. Doesn't look like Stanford is going to get under a TD so this will be it I believe.

Side Note:
i am absolutely ramming my head into the wall for not betting Penn St. For that matter....every one of my morning leans looks like they will cover: Penn St, Tennessee, Colorado St, Akron. Not so sure that bodes well for me this afternoon/evening lol. AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Back