Week 5: Buckeyes extra spring game week

Marsski

MAC Marvel
YTD: 26-16, +8.40

Ended up losing a smidge on the week, but a good Sunday comeback thanks to some terrible defenses in the UConn/Pirates game.

Played these when I came home...right off the bat. I will take OSU but hoping a 28 pops up. Probably wishful thinking.

Week 5 Card:

Friday
Huskers -7 to win half unit (-105)

Saturday
Buffalo -4.5 to win 1 unit (-125)
Akron +1.5 to win 1 unit (-105)
Maryland +12.5 to win 1 unit (-115)
TOSU -28.5 to win 1 unit

Vandy +10.5 to win 1 unit
TOSU/Butgers Over 51.5 to win 1 unit
Air Force/New Mexico under 50 to win 1 unit
Free Shoes U. -7 to win one unit (-108)
Buffalo TT 2nd half ov 10.5 to win half unit (-130)
Ohio U. 2h -3 to win half unit (-115)
Buckeyes TT Over 40.5 to win 1.5 units (-115)

Parlay: TOSU -28/UCLA -7 half unit to win 1.25 units

YTD: 34-20, +12.75

Last edited:
BOL Amigo
Thanks brother. Keep those write ups coming...

Not sure how many points are going to be scored in the Swamp this week considering that there was 19 total last year, 16 total 2 years ago in this game.
I'm going to throw out last week's performance and bet that Vandy can right the ship enough to stay in what should be a fairly low scoring game...

Vandy +10.5 to win 1 unit

I lean that way as well Marss. I don't understand giving Vandy so many points against such a lackluster offense. And Vandy's D has good depth throughout. My worry is with Vandy's ability to control the line of scrimmage because they regressed in o-line quality since last year. Do you know about Florida's d line?

I lean that way as well Marss. I don't understand giving Vandy so many points against such a lackluster offense. And Vandy's D has good depth throughout. My worry is with Vandy's ability to control the line of scrimmage because they regressed in o-line quality since last year. Do you know about Florida's d line?

To be honest, not really. I watched Florida against Michigan and that's it.

Buckeyes defense is too leaky to shut anyone down totally right now. Rutgers will get on the board. I think OSU is good for 40+ so hard to see this staying under the #

TOSU/Butgers Over 51.5 to win 1 unit

I don't bet too many under in college anymore. I think I had the Fla/Mich under which was a bad beat to lose. I just don't like playing under with the fast break offenses, bad tackling, targeting rules etc.
However, give me a double clock chewer option showdown, and I'll saddle up the pony.
Air Force D has held two ranked opponents in the 20s, they will see some class relief here.
tick tick tick tick tick tick

New Mexico/Air Force under 50 to win 1 unit

Hearing from others who watched him, that the Buffalo backup is probably a better thrower than Jackson.

I think Jackson is about my favorite player in college football right now, and I think he is the best college QB in the MAC, surely underrated .. but I trust the opinion of the guys saying this and I haven't seen him myself to disagree. Just saying it might not be as big of a deal as I, and probably you, originally thought.

Good luck, as always Marsski

Hearing from others who watched him, that the Buffalo backup is probably a better thrower than Jackson.

I think Jackson is about my favorite player in college football right now, and I think he is the best college QB in the MAC, surely underrated .. but I trust the opinion of the guys saying this and I haven't seen him myself to disagree. Just saying it might not be as big of a deal as I, and probably you, originally thought.

Good luck, as always Marsski

It sure doesn't seem to be stopping anyone from betting the Bulls. It helps they are playing horrible Kent who has a WR at QB. He's not better than Toledo's QB but surely underrated. OU's JUCO guy has been playing well too.

Vegas question for you...what your recc on sports book to watch college games on a Saturday? My buddy and I will be out in 2 weeks and just looking for a place with a good set-up...not too crowded, cheap drinks, comfy seats, minimal wait to bet.
The Superbook?

Last edited:
BOL this week, I have Buffalo -3 before I saw Jackson's status but hopefully it doesn't matter

It sure doesn't seem to be stopping anyone from betting the Bulls. It helps they are playing horrible Kent who has a WR at QB. He's not better than Toledo's QB but surely underrated. OU's JUCO guy has been playing well too.

Vegas question for you...what your recc on sports book to watch college games on a Saturday? My buddy and I will be out in 2 weeks and just looking for a place with a good set-up...not too crowded, cheap drinks, comfy seats, minimal wait to bet.
The Superbook?

Ya Westgate is probably the best spot

The Superbook?

I was in LV last two years for a weekend. We watched at Mirage both times. If you get there early they have two couches with these like coffee tables in front of them, but they are video screen tables. You can put 1 game on the whole thing or divide it for 4 games. You control what games are on it. When I was there I would get there like 6am to make sure we had that spot for the entire day.

I'd say scope a couple places out the day before and see where you want to set up shop. Superbook is big with lots of seating as well. There is a monorail train that runs from there to the strip so you can get back and forth pretty easy and quick.

Drinks are free at Mirage if you get a drink ticket, which they give out for a 100 bet.

I was in LV last two years for a weekend. We watched at Mirage both times. If you get there early they have two couches with these like coffee tables in front of them, but they are video screen tables. You can put 1 game on the whole thing or divide it for 4 games. You control what games are on it. When I was there I would get there like 6am to make sure we had that spot for the entire day.

I'd say scope a couple places out the day before and see where you want to set up shop. Superbook is big with lots of seating as well. There is a monorail train that runs from there to the strip so you can get back and forth pretty easy and quick.

Drinks are free at Mirage if you get a drink ticket, which they give out for a 100 bet.

Appreciate it. I can guarantee you I won't be getting anywhere @ 6AM. Rented a house with a pool near Downtown this time, gonna try a different style.

Back