BlitzBandit

Friend of CTG
Wk 1: 6-3 ( 66.6% ) +3.7 units
Wk 2: 3-4 ( 42.9% ) -1.6 units
Wk 3: 5-3 ( 62.5% ) +7.6 units
Wk 4: 5-3 ( 62.5% ) +5.5 units
------------------------------------------

19-13 ( 59.5% ) +15.2 units

Had a good start at 5-1 and over 8 units last week... then closed up with two losses. Oakland screwed me pretty bad with a 15-3 lead going into the fourth and they couldn't even cover the +9 pt spread. Pretty sad when you consider they were in a position where they were trying to get the ball back in the closing minute... and instead, LT runs for a long td.. great job Oakland, you fuckers!..

And an extra special heartwarming thanks to Joe Flacco for giving PIT an easy fumble return for six... a 20-13 game would've been just fine for my UNDER play in that one...

ah well, enough of the whining...

Can't say I'm really too thrilled about the games this week. If I had to bet a strong game this week (and by that I mean being thrown to the ground and having a foot and a gun shoved in my face and my head), it would probably have to be either Dallas or Houston. But I think I've mentioned plenty of times that I don't really like betting against Indy.. so if I do it, it won't be for big. Dallas is one I was ready to pound, but Vegas obviously didn't want me to being as to how they set the line as if Dallas is equivalent to the undefeated cheaters of last year. And they set the Houston line as if Indy is barely capable of beating the winless Texans... Bah!... who cares what Vegas wants anyway?...

Cincinnati Bengals @ Dallas Cowboys -16

(2.2 to win 2)

I don't think I'll be on anything over 2 units this week... just one of those weeks. Still pretty confident in this one though and the high line doesn't bother me like it should. I know Palmer will probably end up playing and Perry looks like he's fine too, but really, I don't think this is going to matter as much as one would expect. Ocho Cinco has been blabbing his mouth about how he'll be ready to kiss the star after he scores and Terrells' being accused of starting more drama up again... these are two reasons to motivate a Cowboys team that should have no business being up for a weak team like Cincy. Add to that the fact that they are coming off a home loss to the Skins after being double digit favorites, and this is a recipe for a big blowout... much like the Seattle blowout of the Rams after they lost to the Niners at home the previous week.

The Cowboys have an explosive offense and they are up against a team that aint worth much. This is a good opportunity for them to make a statement and shut up the media over TO and any doubts from last weeks' loss. No reason why they don't put up at least 40 pts here... and I'd be shocked to see Cincy get past 10.

Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans +3

(2.2 to win 2)

Don't normally like betting against Manning, but this is Houstons' first home game and the Colts haven't looked much in sync lately (different reasons for that). This is an obvious sucker bet type play. With a line of 3, it's obvious who Vegas wants the public to take... I hate when that happens... much like the KC play and Oakland plays I took last week (split those). Houston and the Niners seem to be in that situation against the Colts and Patriots. Who would have ever thought the Colts and Patriots would not be favored by more than a fg against the Texans and Niners.. geez.

Anyway, the Texans were 6-2 last year at home. This year, their 0-3 mark is thanks to the powerful defenses of the Steelers, Titans, and Jaguars... the Colts defense is nowhere near that category. Houston has scored over 24 pts in 3 of the last 4 meetings against em'. This should be no different. I'll be on the home team who has played the tougher schedule and will be facing the weakest defense thus far.

some early leans on some others..

Baltimore, San Diego, Carolina, Philly, Detroit, Seattle, Denver, and Niners.

not sure what I'll be playing on the others, but leaning a bit strong to Denver and Detroit... probably end up on those...

On the G-Men, I don't think I'll be messing with it... Coughlin hasn't shown much after a bye and Seattle pretty much sucks after a bye too. I do think the Giants control the tempo of this game, but other than being 3-0 and the chance to remain undefeated and on top of the Beast division, there isn't much reason to come out strong against Seattle here. I would bet Seattle if I had to bet on it, but I wouldn't be surprised to the Giants win by 10 or more here... just one of those games this week.

gl to all this week...

comments welcome.

Great season so far Blitz...

I do think Detroit breaks thru ats this week as well..

agree on those selections and the fact that this card is terrible blitz..... ridiculous inflated spreads that i wouldnt want to lay--but cant find a reasons to play the dog either.... will probably only have three plays total this week

like dallas to throw in a 10 point teaser with your boys at +3 just havent decided who else to play them with yet

texans look like a solid home doggy, and slaton should have some success as indy has struggled against the run this year. but indy off a by week worries me

Last edited:
GL Blitz - I prefer the over in the Cin/Dallas game but agree with your side as well as I think Dallas hangs 35 at a min here. Also hate to admit it but I think the Skins are in for a tough one in Philly.

doing well this year blitz...keep it up! Like your picks

Any thoughts on Redskins/Eagles game?...would really love to see skins go to +7

Also big fan of the over on the Miami game...that new offense they have been expiermenting with could be interesting against a weak run D.

Good luck Blitz. I like your Houston pick. I played a few dogs today so good luck to both of us. :cheers::cheers:

do you think the Colts are gonna drop to 1-3? I see the Texans moving to 0-4 alot more likely than Peyton being at the bottom of the AFC South.....I was looking at the over in the Houston/Indianapolis game, what do you think?

yea Diz... that Houston game was a joke... I know Rosenfels fumbled twice, but what the hell were they doing passing the ball with a 27-10 lead in the fourth?... geez... and against a defense that had been giving up a shit ton of yards per game on the ground.

like the Ariz play and good start for us:cheers:

If you look at the game last week , its hard to believe but Ariz defense wasn't as bad as most think.. Most of the TDs were mistakes on coverage etc.. and Favre was in a zone..

haven't been able to be around much today... thus the lack of responses from me in here...

it's not looking like a good week at all so far.. had a feeling about this one... and the reason why I said I wouldn't bet more than 2 units on anything this week...

lost the Houston bet by a point and the Denver game by half a point... getting kinda tired of losing em' that close... then again, I was waaay off on the Cowboy game and it didn't make me feel any better losing by alot....

1-3 so far...

adding for tonight:

Pittsburgh @ Jacksonville -5.5

2.2 to win 2

Pittsburgh @ Jacksonville OVER 37.5

1.1 to win 1

adding:

Minnesota +3 @ New Orleans

2.2 to win 2

and

Minnesota and New Orleans OVER 47

2.2 to win 2

Adrian Peterson should have a field day against one of the weakest rush defenses in the league and Gus Frerotte will be up against the weakest defense he's seen. He and the Vikings were able to put up 20 pts against the Carolina defense and 17 pts against the Titans defense... and he also had over 200 yds passing in both... pretty sure he will be able to pick the Saints apart if he needs to. The Saints have not been held under 24 pts this year.. not even against Washington and Tampa defenses... so against the Minny defense, I gotta give em' credit for at least that much considering Minny is weaker against the pass. So with that said, I'll take the points and the OVER in this one.

Cincinnati Bengals @ Dallas Cowboys -16 (2.2 to win 2) loss

Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans +3 (2.2 to win 2) loss

Tampa Bay @ Denver -3.5 (1.1 to win 1) loss

Buffalo @ Arizona -2.5 (1.1 to win 1) WON

Pittsburgh @ Jacksonville -5.5 (2.2 to win 2) loss

Pittsburgh @ Jacksonville OVER 37.5 (1.1 to win 1) WON

Minnesota +3 @ New Orleans (2.2 to win 2) WON

Minnesota and New Orleans OVER 47 (2.2 to win 2) WON

closed out 3-1 on Sunday and Monday Night plays to get a bit outta the hole I was in...

The Minny win might have been bullshit or luck or whatever to alot of people and it makes sense as they were overpowered on paper statistically, but I got fucked with some serious bullshit in Houston, so I consider it backpay... hehe.

updated for the week:

4-4 ( -1.7 units )

minny game wasnt bullshit, blitz.... this is what the saints do

theyll outgain you through the air but secondary will find a way to give up the big play and lose the game

redskins game was the same way

glad to see ya turn it around tonight bro BOL next week

Back