Week 4 Writeups and Hopefully Feedback

Br@ssknux

Pretty much a regular
Week 4 already, so after this week, we are officially a third the way through the season. Time flies as fast as ever. As I mentioned in the recap, it was just a disaster last week. 5-11 for the week, which brought the season long total to 17-24. I'm glad that most read this thread for entertainment purposes only, but I will make mention of something. One interesting thing I've been aware of for awhile is my complete inability to win a game that kicks off in the second window. I have not gotten a game correct in that window all year. There's been 9 of them so I am 0-9 in the 3:30PM window, and it wasn't much better late last year. I considered avoiding all games in that window, but now I'm curious, so I'm writing them up if I like them. ATTENTION: This could be a fabulous opportunity. Don't delay, order now!!!

I'm not going to be betting this because I wouldn't fade Bielema as a road dog, but I will be VERY surprised if my alma mater wins Friday night in Lincoln, and if someone made me bet it, I would lay the current 7.5. First of all, I'm a believer in Matt Rhule. I think he knows what he's doing, and he'll be able to sniff out what ails Illinois. The primary problem for the Illini is that they can't run the ball, especially between the tackles. They had to resort to stretch plays or pitchouts to get yards against EIU, Kansas completely shut them down on the ground and CMU was successful other than a few busts on blown run fits. Nebraska's defensive line is by leaps and bounds the best they have faced, and I don't think they'll have an answer for the Polar Bear Hutmacher or Robinson or any of them really. Illinois has thrown the ball well, but Nebraska will get pressure on Luke Altmyer, and although he's been very good so far this year, he has at least one pick in him this week. I think the motivational edge is with Nebraska as well because I think they look at their schedule and see a potential huge season brewing while Illinois is kind of playing with house money. Defensively, Nebraska should be able to run on the Illini which will limit the opportunities the Illini secondary will have to ballhawk Raiola. I hope I'm wrong but I see the Illini taking it on the chin a bit.

Friday Night:

1. San Jose State +12.5(Bet Rivers) @Washington State: I faded the Cougs last week because I thought Washington would handle them, and I don't want to get into specifics, but they should have. The Huskies became the third team out of three to pile up 450 yards or more against the Cougs, The Spartans have not played any offensive juggernauts, far from it, but they've not given up 200 yards in a game yet this year. I like their staff, so I think they can come up with a good scheme to bottle up Washington State QB John Mateer's runs and make their running game somewhat pedestrian, which Washington was able to accomplish. I also like the chances that nobody on Wazzou will be able to cover SJSU WR Nick Nash, who has 34 catches for 454 yards and 6 TDs in 3 games. Washington State is also coming off one of the most emotional games imaginable for them, so they are certainly ripe for a letdown. Washington State could certainly lose this game if they showed up with a C effort. I think the chances are pretty good that the Cougs bring a subpar effort, so I am interested in the points, although I would have liked to get the 14 that was available early n the week.

I almost played these guys, I don’t know Jack bout sjst anymore but agree I like their staff as well so expect a certain level of play regardless who in the jerseys. As you mentioned seems like prime spot to get a bunch of points against a team who just won their Super Bowl per say. Those were my only 2 thoughts which had me really close. I was busy loading up on cuse props when I was in Illinois earlier but I might go back and play this one since I see you agree.

Look at it this way, with the new playoffs so many seem to not like season might technically be a 4rh the way over but I think unlike most years when I bet less and less at the end this year might afford way more chances for plays late!!

Back