Week 4 What Have We Learned

- Hats off to Notre Dame. Hellacious effort. Fascinating matchup this Saturday against a Cincy team that wants to be a big boy but will get punched in the face in South Bend.
- Explain Sparty's punt return to me. Moreso, explain it to Scott Frost. Dear lord.
- Oklahoma isn't all that. Rattler's inconsistent, buried in NIL, has no running game and is stuck with an average WR group. West Virginia is West Virginia. Else OU would be a one-loss team tonight. But, again, it's West Virginia.
- I like you, Sark. A lot. But not sure why Hudson Card was ever named the starter. Oh well It's fixed. And fixed well.
- Wyoming almost had a long, really long, walk home.
- Jeff Traylor is coaching his ass off at UTSA. 4-0.
- The most incredulously stupid penalty has been and will continue to be lining up in the neutral zone. Keilan Robinson / blocked punt today.
- Mike Leach continues to be an unbridled clown of a coach. Dinosaur offense but can damn sure win the pressers, I'll give you that. At $1MM+ / year. Again, a clown.

Last edited:
This is the most parity we've had in a long, long time, but I think it will still be familiar names at the end. UGA is the best team in the country right now, and it isn't that close IMO. It's going to be an awesome next 6 weeks as we get into conference play.

Rattler is who I thought he was.

Michigan St might have the ole lucky charms back.

A few teams are just awful on offense...talking to you Clemson and AM. Lord, we knew it but really proving it today.

Just a few off the top of my head:

-North Carolina (Home) and North Carolina (not at home) are 2 very different teams. One is a juggernaut, and one is borderline terrible.
-We can stop waiting for Oklahoma to indicate they are anything significantly better than average on offense.
-Oregon State has some really fast guys and a good scheme on offense
-Illinois will continue to cover but not win if Bielema keeps punting from plus territory late in games.

Early in the season I would look for games with huge favorites vs weak teams and look to play the overs when I thought one team had a good chance of going over the total themselves. This year I expanded it to FCS vs FBS games and there are some really really soft totals there. Albany-Syracuse, TennTech-Tennessee, Towson-San Diego State are among the three I played the last 2 weeks. There are more. It's especially effective when the favorite isn't considered a strong offensive team because the total is so low. Albany-Syracuse and Towson-SanDiegoSt were like 41 and 40! Then there are teams like Pitt yesterday vs New Hampshire, it was 2 pts shy of going over at halftime. So next year I'll probably over play these and lose money on them. But right now it's like I've been finding free money.

Something else that really bothers me and always have....Why do some people think that teams must play only the teams they think acceptable? The media complain and shame schools like Ohio State for playing Akron, or Alabama for playing Mercer, or Pitt and Penn State for playing FCS instead of playing eachother yesterday. Why do these people think they should somehow decide who plays who, it's not up to them and shouldn't be up to them. Schools should schedule whoever they want when ever they want for whatever reasons they want. It's their program not anybody else's. I'd like tell those people, go be an Athletic Director somewhere else and schedule however you want and until then shut up.

-ND was losing heading into the 4q, def closer game than the score indicates and might lead to ND being slightly overvalued? Hard to say with Coan injury
-Nebraska has the worst special teams in the P5
-I faded Michigan State this week and Thorne is who I thought he is, at least he was yesterday. Looks like the books are already on this though
-Eyeing KJ Jefferson injury going forward, Hogs offense cratered without him
-OU offense is absolutely broken

AU has the refs this year (again). Last week was bad enough, but the zebras helped them beat mighty Georgia St today:

When the ref announced that the call stood, it seemed like his heart wasn't in it. When he signaled the first down he just kind of pointed half heartedly with his index finger.

Learned shit is crazy in Utah

I won’t be wearing whatever unlucky number has 2 guys shot dead I know that

Bizaare

Bizaare
I watched one of those "Gangland" shows or whatever it's called on History channel a few years ago, and they were doing the gangs in SLC. I thought it was going to be a bunch of "thugs" knocking over trash cans and spray painting overpasses, but it was some wild stuff you expect to see in Chicago, Baltimore, etc

Bizaare
They were both high school teammates too….the one that got shot yesterday switched his number from 2 to 22 to commemorate his lost friend…..crazy shit…..

Back