• Thread starter Thread starter signalcaller
  • Start date Start date
S

signalcaller

26-23-3 Overall
1-8 on half plays
4-0 on Totals
+7.7 units on the year

Had a nice little week last Saturday. 7-3 and up a good amount of money. Got the first crack at the lines this weekend for the first time all season and it payed off IMO. Got a great number with Penn State (i think maybe one of the only ones who got 2.5). Just thought it was too low. Will get the writeups in here by Tuesday

Penn State -2.5 (3 units) LOSS
Oklahoma -20 (2 units) WIN
Wisconsin -8.5 (2 units) LOSS
Indiana +3 (2 units) LOSS
Miami Florida -2 (2 units) WIN
Toledo +4 (2 unit) WIN
Wisconsin -7 (1 unit) LOSS
Georgia Tech -3 (1 unit) LOSS
Notre Dame +12 (1 unit) LOSS
Clemson -7 (1 unit) WIN

Last edited by a moderator:
If Ohio State gets down to 21 then I will be adding that one. Also already added on another unit on Wisconsin -7

Give me the low down on Wisky and this Iowa game. This one looks a bit dangerous with the rivalry and all.

Thanks.

Give me the low down on Wisky and this Iowa game. This one looks a bit dangerous with the rivalry and all.

Thanks.

Ok. A lot has been made about the Wisconsin defense so far this year. They have allowed a lot of points and yards to teams that usually dont always put up big numbers offensivly. However all the 3 of these teams have something in common. They all run wide open spread type offenses. Washington State had Brink whos a mobile QB and they had Tardy who actually did have a pretty good game against the Badgers. They were shotgun offense 3 wide sometimes 4 TE and RB. Ran a lot out of the shotgun. Brink was mobile enough to escpae some sure sacks that game and used his feet to pick up some yards on the ground. UNLV also had a wide open offense where it was shotgun every down with the mobile frosh QB who ran that offense to perfection that day. It was look for the QB draw/scramble and if it wasnt there he could use his feet to find open recievers down the field. Anytime you give a QB 4-5 seconds to throw WR's are bound to get open. They didnt allow a lot of points however they did allow a good amount of yardage through the air. Citadel also ran the spread, and they ran it very well.

I said at the beginning of the year that the Badgers would have one of the top 2 defenses in the Big 10(them or Ohio State) and could be a top defensive team nationally. However I didnt think they would have this much trouble against the wide open attacks. I still think they do have a great defense but against more balanced attacks. Teams that try to run at them, I cant see them having success with the LB speed and the front 4 the Badgers play. Fastest group of LB in the conference so I really cant see Young getting much on the ground against this. Christenson going to make his 1st start in Camp Randall one of the best homefield advantages in the Big 10. I also think Wisconsin offense will be able to move the ball on Iowa. Hill proved something to me last week not coming out of the game for a breath one time(that I can remember). He shouldered the load and took it upon himself and the huge O-line(biggest in the Big 10) to just outpower them. So Im thinking the matchup between Iowa offense vs Wisconsin defense will be the key to the game, however with the balanced attack the Hawkyes bring I think Wisconsin can hold them under 17.
Wisconsin 27
Iowa 14

Good luck RJ hope it helps

BTW, Iowa has covered the last 5 games against Wisconsin beating them in Camp Randall 2 times but this defintly isnt the same Iowa team from those years.

Im really not a huge fan of this card to be honest. Might add 2 or 3 more plays at the most. Most likely nothing big. Looking real hard at Navy right now. Im thinking they should be able to run through the Duke defense. Will add some more thoughts later today

Ray- Thanks man GL to us. PSU and OSU look good

Vegas - GL man. Adding Navy to the card. Hope we hit

Thursdays Game
Miami Fl -2 (2 units)
This is sort of a situational play here. I have watched both teams this year and honestly neither one has impressed me much this year. Watched the U get their ass kicked against Oklahoma, who probally is the 3rd best team in the nation but Miami offense couldnt get anything going and their defense couldnt stop RFr Bradford.
Texas AM played down to their competition against Fresno. Almost losing to them but pulling it out in Overtime. Have a good offense behind Mcgee and that fatty Javorski Lane. Miami defense isnt as bad as they showed against Oklahoma thats for sure. I think Wright was the better QB from the get go. Gives the offense a more open passing attack and James has shown he can run the ball
Miami 21
AM 14

Here is the recap for the added games
Indiana +3
Some what of just a fade of Illinois laying points on the road for the 2nd week in a row. Who gave them that right? This is still a mediocre team at best for Illinois. Keep hearing about Juice, sure he has potential but Kellen Lewis already the real deal. Had a huge game last week against Akron and led the team from behind. Has probally the best WR in the Big 10 in Hardy and their defense has done a great job in getting to the QB with decent pressure so far this season. Also will add Thigpen the KR/PR is the most explosive player in the Big 10. He can take one to the house whenever he touches the ball.

Toledo +4
Another play where Im just catching ooints at home. Iowa State still has a below average offense. They failed to get in the endzone last week kicking 5FG's.

Georgia Tech -3
Still dont understand this line. Tashard Choice is playing today and I expect him to be the factor although most likely not 100 percent. GT defense very tough although they allowed some points last week to Boston College (although they have probally the best offense in the ACC). Just a value line here I think.

Notre Dame +12
Call me crazy but I think they keep it close today. MSU didnt impress me last week against a very average Pittsburgh team. I thought they would be able to run the ball better and they defintly didnt come close to containing the run. That frosh back for Pitt broke off a couple long ones. Just hoping they can lose by 7-10.

GL today

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing like starting off the week 2-0 either. Hopefully its a sign of what to come today

Updated the record and the card. Defintly not the weekend I thought it would be.

Back