Week 4 Plays.....

JumpOnBoard

CTG Partner
Posted NCAA Record
Sides: 17-11 +10.73 units
Totals: 1-1 +/- 0 units
Teasers: 4-2 +13.7 units
Parlays: 0-0

Well, this card reminds me alot of week 2's card, which is the week that bit me so far...It's an extremely tough card...the faves have ruled this far this year, but I think this is the week that the dogs may bite back a bit...a few of em are a reach, so I'm not playing them...but many more dogs look appealing to me than faves...I played 14 sides last week, and I won't be anywhere near that this week...small card for me w/ a few sides and more than one teaser...Tonight's Nevada/NW game doesn't appeal to me...I think the lines a bit high, but can't endorse a NW play w/ the QB struggles they've showed so far...I think Nev will win TOP though, which should help perserve the undersized Nev DL...I've placed the Pack in one of my teasers for that reason...

Blue = Won
Red = Lost

Sides:

Kansas St +14 (-102)....1 unit....1.02/1.00....obviously not a popular play, as I've seen most of the board on the Cards, but this is a classic situational play...we talk about the letdown factors a lot, but this one meets more than one criteria...looking back at the Cards last four years, since they started to become a force under Petrino, you're not going to find many instances of them relishing this spot...I had l'ville last week and love to have them on my ticket, but not here...new backup QB goes on the road here, into Manhattan which is a decently hard place to play...I'm hoping for some weather issues, wind hopefully, which crops up there alot...Kansas D has been pretty good vs ZERO competition, but they have a D to compete...L'ville off a very physical game last week...emotionally, biggest win for most of those kids...tough to bring it all back to the table in a non league situation here..I think this game will be low scoring enough where KSU stays within the number...TE and leading pass receiver thus far suspended here, so I lowered it from 2 to 1 unit...Good health to u guys here..

Ohio +22 (-105)...2 units...2.10/2.00...Mizzou has fared better than expected thus far sans Brad Smith, but the number is inflated a bit here, IMO...the Bobcats are a surprising 2-1 this season, w/ a big road win over N Illinios in DeKalb two weeks back...the reason is the defense..they've allowed 50 pts through 3 games, w/ the high being 24 @ Rutgers last week...a costly turnover inside their own five w/ thirty secs left in the half gave RU the game and put on ice...very unlike Solich to make a bad mistake like that....OU brings experience on defense, and Matt Muncy and Tyler Ross have really made it their job to get more out of the D this year...this team played well @ Rutgers, a very good football team..they are still very deficient on offense, but I think they stay well w/in this number...assuming they keep those turnovers down...small bite here...

Buffalo +42.5....1 unit...(-109)....1.09/1.00.....scary play, but warranted IMO...Buffalo is still bad, pretty obvious by the Temple results, but I've heard some MAC coaches say they see improvement, lol...just j/k....Aubbie is going to basically be sitting their first stringers here and I expect alot of ground game to keep the clock rolling...they have a history of 27-0, 30-0 results in these spots...off the emotional win and beat up ballclub, I think this line is a TD too high...

Colorado +27 (-105)....2 units.....2.10/2.00....the Buffs are not very good and are a disappointment no doubt, but this team isn't bad enough to be catching these amts of points yet, IMO..they have no confidence and can't score...but I watched alot of the ASU game, and they have a decent D line and have the ability to make stops...Hawkins is also making a big emphasis on running the football, once agains shortening the game...u have a new coach coaching a team that wasn't as good as a Big 12 championship game might have suggested, but he can't afford to throw in the towel...he came w/ big aspirations after reinventing a Boise program, and the fans will want results...packing it in the first year because of a tough nonconference results wouldn't exactly get that done....UGA has played a very weak schedule, but the D has showed it's one of the best in country, no doubt...I honestly think we may see a 24-7 type game here....

Arky -2 (-106)....2 units....2.06/2.00....one fave I do like is the Backs here...I think both teams are overrated, but I like the ground game of Arky just a bit better...both coaches are imbred, so wash there..lol...actually I think this is going to be a classic SEC situation...when teams are evenly matched, home team wins...simple as that...this will be low scoring and come down to that intangible , IMO....

ND -2.5 (-102)....4 units....4.08/4.00....I've written about my thoughts in this thread: http://www.cappingthegame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3428 Its the one solid play on the board, IMO...therefore I've bet a bit more on it rather than take a tweener game I'm not sold on....

ISU +25 (-108)....2 units...2.16/2.00....this one keeps on a rising and two cappers I trust on here, CKR and Horn, esp Horn on this one w/ the Texas ties, turns my lean to a play...no point in having all this good shit if we aren't going to take advantage of it...

Hawaii +14.5 (-105)...2 units...2.10/2.00....wanted to make sure I couldn't get a better number again, but grabbed it in case it fell to 14...HG has a great writeup on this game and I agree w/ him...I watched GSFW's vs Bama and they held their own up front on both sides of the ball...very impressive indeed...I think this is the year they can do some damage in these spots in the WAC..this game is a TD lower one month from now IMO..

Purdue ML +129....1 unit....1.00/1.29...can't get the three, so I'm taking the ML...fading the line movement here...I think right side was favored in the open....since when can a Glen Mason squad go on the road in the Big Ten and starting laying people pts? Esp on grass....Purdue's D has showed defiecency, but in the one game Minny played anyone they get 42 dropped on them, coincidently on the road...strange shit here....but worthy of a small ML play...check out Glen Mason's road stats on this one, esp in Big Ten play...sickly.

I was planning on playing Wisky and I didn't pull the trigger at 14.5 on Sunday night thinking after that quick move up a half I may do even better...when it slipped to 14 Monday, I decided to wait and see if the .5 came back..so for waiting I now face 13...My greed and ignorance has me too stubborn to play that right now...I think it stays w/in ten, but I'm still too much on line tilt right now to play it...but I'm debating....EDIT: back to 14 but w/ all you respected cappers on the UM side and that stat Rex through out for Wisky's Big House syndrom, I'll repectively pass...I strongly believe it's the right side....we shall see...so GL Mich backers since I'm off it..

I am playing two NCAA teasers and one split NCAA/NFL teaser...I'll post those in a bit..

Teasers:

6 Team/6 Pt NCAA/NFL Teaser: 1 unit...1.00/7.00

Nevada -0.5
Cal -1.5
Cincy +8
NYG +9.5
Philly PK
DEN +13.5

4 Team/6 Pt Teaser: 2 units...2.00/6.00
WVU -15
Utah -1
Akron -11
Hawaii +20.5

Added Plays during day at the half....

Lville -6.5 for 1 1/2 units at +106....1.50/1.59

tOSU -7.5 (-102)....2 units...2.04/2.00

GL today boys...

:cheers:

Last edited:
Ive been reading a lot about this UGA game. CMR has been saying this is the best d ugas ever had. Which is high praise considering the hogs that uga has had .. ( my guess is 15+ first round picks on d in the past). Last year he was real conservative and i expect him to open up the playbook more and let Stafford throw it more. Please remember that UGA was without a few starters last week. Massaquoi will be back.. and he is a huge deep threat. I expect them to shut out Colorado. So good luck..

abcs--thelegend said:
Ive been reading a lot about this UGA game. CMR has been saying this is the best d ugas ever had. Which is high praise considering the hogs that uga has had .. ( my guess is 15+ first round picks on d in the past). Last year he was real conservative and i expect him to open up the playbook more and let Stafford throw it more. Please remember that UGA was without a few starters last week. Massaquoi will be back.. and he is a huge deep threat. I expect them to shut out Colorado. So good luck..

thx bro...the key may be to keep UGA from making a big special teams play...they've been deadly on those thus far...a TD off blocked kick, punt return, etc is what worries me here...

I heard a good reasoning today about why Louisville is a good play, other than what has already been said on this forum. IF Brohm were still the QB here, you could expect the Louisville offense to experience a bit of a letdown after their big win last week. BUT, since you have a new QB making his first start, AND because it is on the road, there will be a great deal of focus made by entire team.

I like the reasoning.

I also like all your other plays this week, Jump, good luck!!
stpatrick2.gif

Let's let the total go over on both the AU/Bar & Buffs/UGA game and we'll both win:shake:

Agan my Tide, I see......:hairout: I've been against them for the first three.....

SoonerBS said:
I heard a good reasoning today about why Louisville is a good play, other than what has already been said on this forum. IF Brohm were still the QB here, you could expect the Louisville offense to experience a bit of a letdown after their big win last week. BUT, since you have a new QB making his first start, AND because it is on the road, there will be a great deal of focus made by entire team.

I like the reasoning.

I also like all your other plays this week, Jump, good luck!!
stpatrick2.gif

I don't know den...I can see that in a way...but I still think u go a little more conservative w/ the new guy that the experienced one...I saw the playaction stuff Petrino went right for the throat vs MIA...but I think that was a statement there and an element of surprise....I can't see the backup being more of a positive then Brohm...

FADEMENOW said:
Let's let the total go over on both the AU/Bar & Buffs/UGA game and we'll both win:shake:

Agan my Tide, I see......:hairout: I've been against them for the first three.....

Lots of games like that w/ these two coaches...lol

GL to u this weekend fade...

Jump - I'm about to do a small writeup on this, but I really like Bama this week. Last week, they got their offense going, albeit against a shitty ass team. Arkansas is last in the SEC in red zone defense, allowing something like 85% of attempts to score a td - think they've allowed 9 or something I'll have to check. On the other side, Alabama is I think first in the SEC in getting to the red zone, they just haven't been scoring. Against LA Monroe, they tallied 4 red zone TD's. I think this week, Bama gets in in close and Arky's lack of Red Zone D gives them a couple TD's they wouldn't have gotten in another game. I really like Bama here to win by a TD.

Ramble you do realize arkansas has played usc which will distort all stats, thus they arent unbeaten as well. Bama has played cupcakes. This is John Parkers first road start as well.

I agree w/ abcs on the skewed stats...I actually don't think there will be a ton of red zone opps in this one....

Good health ramble...

B.A.R. said:
Best of luck thid weekend bro..

PSU-OSU thoughts?

Was planning on playing tOSU for a couple weeks...but the weather has me concerned to start laying big numbers against decent teams...it's going to be sloppy and nasty and has the look of maybe one of the old school big ten games...they've been having turf problems last two home games and supposedly it's getting better...but there's a glossy fungus on the turf that's really affecting the footing...add rain and it'll be a slip and slide out there...

This is a huge revenge spot for the Bucks and Tressel been talking that up to....he's calling for the "red out" in response the the 40k white out that the PSU students did up there last year.....sending mass email to all students and putting ad in the dispatch to get the word out...Downing, Smith, Ginn, Datish have all talked all week about how bad that loss stung up there and they want some...so we'll see...

With the turf conditions and PSU having the front seven to play that type fo game...it might start slow and pull away late...

I wouldn't be surprised to see it fall on the number honestly...

GL jump..I decided to play ND small as well...after reviewing this game the Irish should win, I honestly cannot believe it is at 2.5

HUNTDOG said:
GL jump..I decided to play ND small as well...after reviewing this game the Irish should win, I honestly cannot believe it is at 2.5

Agreed HUNT....glad to see you are playing it...

2 more doggie leans I may add in the AM...going to see where the Purdue line goes, before deciding w/ a ML or side play...GSFW's will be on my card as well...

Cya in the mornin boys...

lmfao John...WTF...

I don't know how that happened....hopefully that fixed it and sent to the "just dropped to 3 at pinny" thread...

LMFAO.

three sides , Purdoo, GSFW, and ISU added above...

That's 7 Dogs and 2 faves for me...nine sides look good now....never know later though...

Still debating a small teaser in the late games...

GL today guys...

GL Jump - I've been looking at the Purdue game with interest this week trying to figure it out. You make a lot of good points there.

Thx Timmy, Spark, and Mags.....appreciate it boys...

Still deciding on that late teaser...

Wisky back to 14.5, but I'm still passing fondy....argh..

Dark side time over...joining den, redbearde, and rj here...

2nd half play: Lville -6.5 for 1 1/2 units at +106....

just no 15, 16 pt wins here...

Great spot for a hedge and Kstate can't not turn it over and that D has been on the field forever in first half...

Arky -2 (-106)....2 units....2.06/2.00....one fave I do like is the Backs here...I think both teams are overrated, but I like the ground game of Arky just a bit better...both coaches are imbred, so wash there..lol...actually I think this is going to be a classic SEC situation...when teams are evenly matched, home team wins...simple as that...this will be low scoring and come down to that intangible , IMO....

ND -2.5 (-102)....4 units....4.08/4.00....I've written about my thoughts in this thread: http://www.cappingthegame.com/forum/...ead.php?t=3428 Its the one solid play on the board, IMO...therefore I've bet a bit more on it rather than take a tweener game I'm not sold on....

I like...

bad gambler said:
Jump any thoughts on Kansas/Sth Florida?

I lean S Fla for sure...but no play for me...

The QB uncertainty for Kansas is a big concern...but the SFLA hasn't travelled all that well in the past...

Looking like it will be a good day for you, Jump, congrats, dude!!
dollars.gif

6-3 Sides....2-0 2nd Half Plays...1-0 Teasers...w/ split Ncaa/NFL pending tomorrow...

21.88 units gained....5.18 units lost....

+16.70 units on the day....

Unbelievably fortunate on ND, good day either way though...

Congrats boys...

Helluva day bro. Hope you believe in Javon Ringer now. They still have the stupid coach though..lol

Great day. That play by your boy Troy was absolutely unreal.

Back