Week 4 - NFL BLITZ

BlitzBandit

Friend of CTG
had my first good week last week, and hopefully that's a sign of good things to come... it's week four and time for me to start kicking things up a notch... I'll be raising the stakes a bit unit wise... not just because I feel a bit more confident on the teams now, but because I'm in the mood to kick a little ass.. hehe..

on to week four..

New England -7

( 4 units )

I'm kicking things off with the Monday Nighter... its a huge public play and I expect this line to keep going up. The Bengals defense is giving up over 250 yards through the air and are dead last at stopping the ground game. And they are only giving ONE td to a team that is scoring over 35 pts per game??... wow.. I'll take that. I'll keep on taking the Patriots until somebody actually shows they can be stopped. The only way the Bengals have a chance here is if Carson Palmer intends to throw for 650 yards and another 6 tds.... but I think we can rule all that out against the NE defense.

Tampa Bay +3

( 3 units )

I've been doing well riding Tampa so far and I'm gonna ride the train for another week. Not that they have looked spectacular stat wise, but they are only giving up 12 pts per game. That's alot better than the 22 pts per game Carolina is allowing. Whether Delhomme starts or Carr starts, I wouldn't expect much from either one here. Garcia should have a better day against a Carolina defense that's giving up 247 yards per game.

these are my three strongest leans at the moment:

Hou @ ATL +3

NYJ @ BUF +3.5

Sea @ SF +1

here's some others I'm looking at:

OAK +4.5 @ Mia

Chi @ DET +3

Stl @ DAL -13

still looking at the rest... gl to everyone this week... hope we can all make it a good one.

bLITZ...I like every one of your selections.Only one that has me is Buf +3.5 but if MIA can backdoor them big on the road then I expect BUF to show a little sumpin' sumpin' at home in an inter-divisional.So I may like 'em all . 9 home doggies this week and some real irony in the MNF game.

It was week # 4 LY when NE came into Cincy,albeit as a 6 pt.dog,and blew them away............with that magic # again........38-13.

wish you well this week

With you on the Pats!! :cheers:

I can see the worries of a letdown and Cincy playing hard here, but NE has too much offense and defense for Cincy... plus they are still undefeated right now so it's not like they'll let up... I t hink that's why we are seeing the high line... but I'll lay the points without any problems.. gl to us bud.

:cheers:

bLITZ...I like every one of your selections.Only one that has me is Buf +3.5 but if MIA can backdoor them big on the road then I expect BUF to show a little sumpin' sumpin' at home in an inter-divisional.So I may like 'em all . 9 home doggies this week and some real irony in the MNF game.

It was week # 4 LY when NE came into Cincy,albeit as a 6 pt.dog,and blew them away............with that magic # again........38-13.

wish you well this week

I aint worried about Buffalo this week. They are home dogs and the Jets has nothing that makes me say Buffalo can't move the ball. The way I see it, Marshawn Lynch should have a huge game. They Jets have been crap against the run. They let Ronnie Brown put up over 210 total yards last week. That was his best performance of his career...

I think NE does us good this week.. gl bud.

Good luck Blitz :cheers:

Btw did you end up in green in beaver ball after all?

nope... I had a great year two years ago.. just a barely above average year last year and a horrible year this year... something tells me either BeaverBall is getting harder... or I'm getting worse... hehe..

I shoulda just stopped when you said it would be tough to get back to 50%... I did make up a little in the playoffs, but considering the hole I was in, it wasn't even worth much... gl this week bud.

added:

ATL +3

( 3 units )

Houston is favored on the road.. how bout that.. hehe. I'll go ahead and take the home doggies here. Harrington, as much of a fluke as it may have been, threw for over 350 yards and 2 tds last week. But Houstons' defense is better against the run than the pass, so I can see him having another better than average day here. Specially with him playing for his starting life (now that Leftwich is there). He was getting rid of the ball quickly and avoiding the pressure against the Panthers. He is also depending more on Roddy White (who has been coming along nicely). If he continues the same tactics, it'll work fine here.... specially since they won't be able to run much against the Texans rush defense.

Houston is suffering with injuries right now. Andre Johnson will be out... that's pretty rough considering he was accountable for almost 60% of the teams receiving yards. Ahman Green, Ron Dayne, and Jacoby Jones all have injuries. And C Steve McKinney is out for the year. That's too much to overcome for Houston... specially as a road favorite. Matt Schaub threw for one td and two ints' against the colts defense. It'll be rougher for him this week agianst an ATL defense that's better against the pass than the run. Delhomme only had 109 passing yards against this Panthers defense.. but he also had two tds and zero ints'. If DeAngelo Hall didn't have those penalties, the rally never would have been started for the Panthers last week. The Falcons will be more mistake free here. I'll take em' at home.

I'm liking Cleveland, Detroit, Oakland, and Arizona more... but not sure which of those I'll play...

I'll more than likely end up adding Buffalo and SF..

not liking the Dallas lean so much anymore...

If Houston were healthy, they would have beat INdy last week.

It was tough with all those injuries, but I really like Kubiak and the Texans building up that defense. I think that Houston team is only going to get better... but this week... I wouldn't want to lay money on them.

Liking the addition as well, makes a very strong case. :shake:

Also leaning TB at the moment. GL tonight Blitz. :cheers:

Great picks

I saw how you backed down on DAL, I think that is wise, remember CIN in 2005, I think DAL/2005 CIN team are very similar. CIN could never cover a HUGE spread that year.

wasn't able to come in today...

but 2-0 on my plays and 6-1 on my leans... coulda been a 8-1 day.. that's wishful thinking...

anyway, still go NE pending...

I also lean to Philly tonight.. but no play for me as of now.

You got it boss. They are looking better every week. Congrats on your win :shake:

BTW...took your G-Men tonight :cheers: whether you like it or not
haha

sounds good shark... I'll probably stay away from it completely... I think Philly should cover, but the Giants at home... you just never know... gl bud.

It was a good week... NE came through... 2-0 on Monday Nights...

3 - 0 (+10 units) for the week... 9-1 on leans this week....

New England -7 WON

Tampa Bay +3 WON

ATL +3 WON

Riht back where you need to be...

agree... :shake:

as bad as I started the first two weeks (which is why I don't like messing with things til' week 4), I was working on getting back to even by next week... the fact that I did it by the week does make things much sweeter... now I can get to work.. hehe.

thanks bud.

Back