Week 4 Lookahead

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Alright, lets keep this ball rolling. I really don't like the card for this particular week as far as depth. These are just some intial thoughts. Bring yours in...

TAMU @ Miami(Fl)
-We know Aggy plays to its competitions level. I still believe that the U has a very good defense but I also think that Aggy can do some work versus them. Line value will be huge here. Its a Thursday night game as well.

East Carolina @ West Virginia
-The Pirates gave them fits last year. ECU fits into the category of teams that I tend to favor against WVU. They have a very sound defense. Usually look at ECU in home situations but if the line is right a play hre may be warranted.

Ball St @ Nebraska
-Simply situational

Michigan State @ Notre Dame
-I prolly will not ee line I was hoping to see but this game will be ugly. Michigan St has won last 5 or 6 in South Bend and dominated 3 of 4 quarters last year. Caulcrick is still steamed he didn't get ball in that 4th quarter last year after having 8 carries for 131 in first three quarters. Revenge spot. Jimmys first home start.

Texas Tech @ Oklahoma St
-Okie St is still a very good offense. Texas Tech is better on both sides though. Hoping for a short number here.

Iowa @ Wisconsin
-If the Hawkeyes rough up ISU this week bad they may be a bit overrated going into this game.

Thats it..post your intial thoughts

Texas v. Rice--Spread can't be big enough. Although Big XII play starts the following week when Texas hosts KSU in a revenge game.

PSU at Michigan--PSU's turn to beat the shit out of the Wolverines. I'm hoping UM gets a win this week to get a better line.

Aggy at Miami--Hoping for Aggy by a TD or so so I can take Miami. I think Miami wins SU and hoping for points.

RJ,

I would have listed Michigan but not certain I get line I want. Certainly on my radar.

I cannot see how Aggy is favored by a TD at the orange bowl.

You're right. A TD is probably too much. But I still like Miami to win SU.

Michigan St at ND--Revenge game on road, bitter "rivalry" game. I think this game will start the selling off of Michigan State stock as they ONLY win in a close one.

I have been peeking at this WVU/ECU game since I went thru the schedules over the summer.

From a fan perspective, I hope they do not overlook ECU before traveling down to USF the next week, where they will be looking to exact some revenge from last year. Last year ECU played this game close, but it was at their own stadium.

I think this is a really good spot for a play on ECU with WVU coming off two rivalry games, altho Maryland to a lesser extent than Marshall, and USF on deck for the mounties.

I would like to see WVU pummel Maryland and ECU lose this week to maybe try and extract a few more points. It isn't an auto-play yet, but is definetly one I am looking hard at.

I have been peeking at this WVU/ECU game since I went thru the schedules over the summer.

From a fan perspective, I hope they do not overlook ECU before traveling down to USF the next week, where they will be looking to exact some revenge from last year. Last year ECU played this game close, but it was at their own stadium.

I think this is a really good spot for a play on ECU with WVU coming off two rivalry games, altho Maryland to a lesser extent than Marshall, and USF on deck for the mounties.

I would like to see WVU pummel Maryland and ECU lose this week to maybe try and extract a few more points. It isn't an auto-play yet, but is definetly one I am looking hard at.

Excellent. I was just going to point out that USF game...thanks

I want to play ECU vs. WVU. I have been thinking about that game because my friends at WVU say that ECU gives them problems. This yr, ECU run defense is pretty stout and with Pinkney being able to throw for ECU, that means trouble for WVU who couldn't defense a a freshmen football team. This could be a nice large spread like 21+ and WVU will not cover

since we are on the topic, the Miss St game at Morgantown on 10/20 is something I have been looking at in terms of go against spots for the Moutnies. Following that game they will be @ Rut, vs Louisville, @ Cincy. Just something to think about.

I will be looking for value on georgia at alabama. with d2 school on tap this week georgia has two weeks to prepare for the tide. I think the tide takes care of business against arkansas most of the times in this spot. so with georgia losing at home to SC and bama coming off a rivalry win ... i think i can get some value with georgia in the line. This is obviously dependent on a bama win saturday.

how don't you like michigan....they can't, CAN'T keep losing, can they?

good luck bro

and the Hurricanes are BAD bro. i watched that whole game and god....thats why theier 7 pt dogs

Texas will pound Rice the week before K-State. :spank:
:ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks::ousucks:

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Cant wait for this Iowa Wisconsin game. Going to be there. Its a night game I guess so it will defintly be a crazy atmosphere. Students might be passed out in the stands. Hopefully under a TD spread there.

Would take a good look at Miami depending on how Wright looks. I personally thought he looked good last week against Oklahoma. Hopefully their offense wakes up with him at QB.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Texas Tech/Okie St OVER 65-68?

PSU/Michigan...looking for PSU under DD

KY/Arkie...dog play here would like a TD possible ML

Baylor/Buffalo...baylor if the number is right under 2 TDs?

UConn/Pitt...Not sure on the spread here, probably depends onthe games each plays this weekend but I like huskies to win SU, kick pitt while they are down and out.

Marshall/Cincy...looking for cincy at home and under 7

Iowa/Wisky...Wisky if i can get under DD

SC/LSU...LSU will shut out SC(overrated as shit) 28-0 final calling it right here

Purdue/Minny...I think we get a soft line here as these two teams have been under the radar all year for obvious reasons and opposite one another. Will we be luck enough to see -7 for purdue.

Beavers/SunDevils....i think we get another managable cover for ASU this week. -24 or better I will kill this line

Texas Tech/Okie St OVER 65-68?

PSU/Michigan...looking for PSU under DD

KY/Arkie...dog play here would like a TD possible ML

Baylor/Buffalo...baylor if the number is right under 2 TDs?

UConn/Pitt...Not sure on the spread here, probably depends onthe games each plays this weekend but I like huskies to win SU, kick pitt while they are down and out.

Marshall/Cincy...looking for cincy at home and under 7

Iowa/Wisky...Wisky if i can get under DD

SC/LSU...LSU will shut out SC(overrated as shit) 28-0 final calling it right here

Purdue/Minny...I think we get a soft line here as these two teams have been under the radar all year for obvious reasons and opposite one another. Will we be luck enough to see -7 for purdue.

Beavers/SunDevils....i think we get another managable cover for ASU this week. -24 or better I will kill this line

TStacks,
Couldnt agree more, I see the line @ 14 or less which will be a pound, especialy since Spurrier loves to beat no-one more than LSU. We just have too much for him this year.
LSU-35-7

Might be some value on the Ville if Kentucky takes care of business this weekend. I wouldn't be afraid of a large spread against the Cuse as they won't be able to take advantage of the lack of D, so hopefully the game vs Kentucky will be close so the Ville is laying less than 35 at home vs the Cuse.

Also, Hawaii vs Charleston Southern is one I will have my eye on once the early line opens at 5dimes. By jumping on the Northern Colorado line early I only had to lay 53 and 55 in that one, whereas the closing line was in the low 60's. Definitely one to watch at open as the line will probably shoot up quickly. Hawaii will be looking to make statements from here on out so again, I wouldn't be afraid to lay big numbers on em at home against these small time schools.

Marshall at Cincy: If Cincy covers against Miami OH, you will likely see a very high spread here and subsequent value on the Thundering Herd.

Iowa has beaten Wisky four of last five with UW winning by 3 last year
UW lost its top WR Hubbard who looks to be out 6-8 weeks. Badger QB
had a gimme in week one vs Wazzu ( with Hubbard in lineup ) then didnt
look sharp at UNLV. UW safties are inexperienced with the key loss of Stellmacher who graduated and was the leader of last years D. The loss
of OL Thomas looks bigger than expected. Wisky is overated at # 5 and
i like what Iowa has shown despite the early soft schedule.Taking Iowa and possibly the under if the #s come out at + 7 & 45

I like Texas vs. Rice as well. Granted I liked the opening game as well and lost big, but Texas played extremely uncharacteristicly in that game. They have handled Rice pretty easily the last several years. However, they seem to lay the wood to them when they play in Houston as opposed to Austin. Regardless, if Baylor can lay a beat down on them, Texas would seem like a good play. 1H and game.

Did someone say -24 or better arizona state home to oregon state ? I assume that was a typo as that line will likely be single digits. No way that line is even close to 24. So I am to gather that you like ASU -7 ?

I'll take oregon state +24 in a avatar bet hehe.

Arizona state has looked good so far. erickson is a great college coach. carpenter has looked good and their huge receivers have great hands. 24 just seems a bit much to me vs a very good defense. of course i liked smu vs texas tech and thought R Leaf would be a better pro QB than peyton manning.... so i have that going for me.

PSU at michigan i am looking for PSU to beat the hell out of them. All the seniors on PSU remember the touchdown in the closing seconds to win and that is not going to happen again.

I was reading something along the lnies of the defense trying to accomplish this season. Something along the lines of the "remember the titans" perfection motto.

I think it's a little bit cheezy but if it helps the defense play a little bit better i am all for it.

Back