ML Parlay
: 2-2

DOG ML's (+200 or better): 3-1

Small Potatoes (<1u)
: 2-6 (25.00%)
on the REG: 8-7 (53.33%)

MASTERED Record (3u): 4-1 (80.00%)

HAMMERED Record (5u): 0-0 (0.00%)

Very pleased with Week 3. Aside from a couple dumb late additions for very small $$, it was a very very good Saturday. Conference play heats up now, & this is where the fun begins.

Week 4 Plays:

K-State (+7.5) ----- REG WINNER
K-State ML (+230) ----- Small Potatoes LOSER

Akron (+10) ----- MASTERED
Akron ML (+305) ----- Small Potatoes

Iowa (+7) ----- REG
Iowa ML (+245) ----- Small Potatoes

Florida (+14.5) ----- REG
Florida ML (+435) ----- Very Small Potatoes

Maryland ML (+113) ----- REG

North Carolina ML (+130) ----- REG

San Diego St (+10.5) ----- REG
San Diego St ML (+325) ----- Small Potatoes

OU/WVU U 65 ----- Small Potatoes

ULL (+17.5) ----- Small Potatoes

ML Parlay:
Va Tech, BYU, Toledo, LSU, Nebraska (+200)

Last edited:
Week 3 Plays Review:
Toledo (+10) ----- REG LOSER

Bad pick. Toledo has not lived up to my preseason expectations, although they have played better competition. I feel like I have this team pretty much figured out now. They will be able to run the ball on any MAC team. & Burnside should be OK at QB. Defensively, they will stop the run. But they have major issues in the secondary. They have lost 2 starters for the year back there. My 1 concern with Toledo going into the year was the the fact they have a new Defensive Coordinator. And that seems to be validated through 3 games. They run a soft zone coverage & get gashed left and right, but when he blitzed (which is rare), they get pressure b/c the front 7 is very good. I have no idea why he wouldn't blitz against a QB in Kiel who hasn't played live action in 3 freaking years....he started to blitz in the 2 half & Kiel was uncomfortable. But when he stopped Kiel gashed them.
If they can figure out their secondary problems then this team will be the best team in the MAC by a pretty big margin IMO.

West Virginia (+3) x2u AND West Virginia ML (+145) x1u ----- MASTERED WINNER
Fantastic pick. I was ready to pat myself on the back halfway through the 2nd qtr but nothing comes easy for me I suppose. Credit Maryland for not backing down & keep on fighting, but also frown at WV for keeping them in the game. They got a punt block for a safety that was nice....but 3 redzone turnovers, a fumble inside the 15 on a punt return, giving up a punt return for a TD are all things that helped make this a major sweat. Overall, it was a great pick....Trickett & Kevin White are so much improved, and all these players now in Holgo's 2nd year of the system have came a long way. WV won't be an easy out for my Sooners this week.

Virginia +7 (-120) ----- REG WINNER
Virginia ML (+225) ----- Small Potatoes WINNER

Solid. I didn't get to watch too much of it, but Virginia's DL is very good, especially Eli Harold. Virginia has talent, just not sure about the coach.....& it looks like they made Louisville's QB pretty uncomfortable which is what I expected.

South Carolina +7 (-120) ----- REG WINNER
South Carolina ML (+230) ----- Small Potatoes WINNER

Picked this one differently than I do most games b/c I didn't worry about match-ups on every position like I normally do. But I picked it primarily b/c I thought there was too many people writing off SC, and way too much overreaction to Georgia's win against Clemson. It's early in the season & 1 or 2 games doesn't tell the whole story about a team. I also will take Spurrier against Richt all day long. So in that aspect, it went as I planned.

Florida (-18.5) ----- REG LOSER
Terrible pick. After 2 games, it is obvious I was way too high on Florida. I do believe that Kentucky is improved, but in no way should they be coming into the Swamp & doing what they did. Florida has problems. The players want to talk about how they are improved & learned from last year, and about how JoJo Kemp called for UK to win was a big mistake, etc etc....but it looks like they are all talk & don't show it on the field. Offensively they had some success, which they should have had....but had a turnover while driving (dumb Driskel) & stalled out a few times in the red zone. Jeff Driskel is still making dumb mistakes & is thinking too much, when now he's running an offensive system that allows the QB to not have to think too much. Defensively their secondary is a major concern. Besides VH3 they have no experience and, while I think they will get better as the season goes on, right now they are busting assignments. If this defense was as good as Florida's the last couple years, then they would have won this by 10+ pts in the 2nd half b/c the offense was clicking in the 3rd qtr....but they aren't right now. The schedule is not going to wait for Florida to get these kinks ironed out. Kentucky should have won this game, Florida has major problems. It is disappointing for me b/c I was going to back Florida large this upcoming weekend, but right now I don't know if that's possible.

Oklahoma (-21) ----- REG WINNER
Didn't learn anything about either team that I didn't already assume. OU's DL is really good. I know they were playing a very young Vols team, but they can bring so many different players to the QB it's scary. I also was happy with their secondary. I was very impressed w/ Worley's toughness & Tenn's OL not committing many, if any, mistakes as far as false starts. In my write up of this game, I said that Tenn would have to sell out on the run & make Knight beat them....they did just that, but Knight was very efficient. Tough game upcoming for my Sooners against WVU this weekend. I plan on backing Tennessee late in the year.

South Florida (+2.5) ----- Small Potatoes LOSER
Dumb late addition.

Texas Tech ML ----- Small Potatoes LOSER

Dumb late addition. Texas Tech better shore up that run D or they wont go bowling. The rest of the Big 12 is much improved. I did say this game went against my #1 thing I cap on, LOS advantage. I just went with the gut on it, but obviously should have kept the money in the account.

ML PARLAY: WINNER
Old Dominion, Boise St, Air Force, Duke, TCU, Florida, OU (+134)

Pleased....I said that I usually do 4 or 5 teams in a ML parlay, but thought this one gave me the best chance at winning. Reason being that Week 3 shows a lot of flat spots for teams, & that was just what happened with many teams.

Thanks BAR & Timh....really appreciate it fellas.

I'll go ahead and get a couple write-ups in on games I'll be on later in the week. Haven't completely finished other games I really like right now, so only 2 for now.

Week 4 provides a lot of games that I circled in the preseason that could be possible good bets....now just have to go back & figure out which ones are still "on" and which arent.

KSU/Auburn:
Circled KSU....& will stick with it. Not gonna bet it until later in the week b/c I expect the line to rise. & if it doesn't i may like this more, even.
I have been very vocal about how I, being a defensive minded person, have a hard time watching Auburn. They are a machine & I respect the hell out of Gus. But most of the things they do (not all), and any read/option team does, can't be significantly slowed down (not stopped) by assignment & fundamental football. I've stated the reasons I believe these offenses dont exist in the NFL: In the NFL a defense has at least 9-10 players that can do assignment football for 90% of the plays. In college a coach is happy to have 4 players that can do assignment for 90% of the time. Another reason would be that owners don't want their QB getting hurt.
Now for this game....It is ballsy to bet against a home dog on a weeknight game. It is very difficult to play on the road in college football, especially on a weeknight no matter if you've had 12 days off or not. But the most important reason for me to like KSU here is bc of Bill Snyder. He is one of the best coaches we have seen. A big reason why as to how he made KSU relevant is b/c he brought the option game back to College Football in the '90's. He taught Urban Meyer how to implement it even. I'm not saying what Gus does is identical to what Bill used to do or what Urban Meyer does, but I am saying that he has vast knowledge of the basics of these systems, and he's had a whole offseason to get more familiar with what Auburn does. Furthermore, he is one of the best coaches around, and one of the biggest reasons as to how he brought KSU to winning ways is his discipline, fundamentals, and assignment football he coaches his players.
I'm not saying that KSU will stop the Gus Bus, & it's ridiculously ballsy to try to get in the way of this covering machine thats rolling down the tracks, but I do believe that his team can slow it down some. Offensively I think K-State has enough weapons to score on Auburn, as the jury is still out on them. Waters is a good QB, & they will find ways to get the ball to Tyler Lockett. The Wildcats haven't shown anything yet offensively through 2 games, so I expect even more players to step up.
Auburn could very well score at will against KSU & they could run away with this game. After all, they do have better athletes & talent all over the field...it looks like a mismatch. But KSU has been winning with less talent than the majority of the Big 12 for many years under Snyder. May add more to this write-up later.

Florida/Bama
First, I'd like to thank Jimmy for talking me off my only concern with this game.
I circled this game as well, & after going back & looking at the game from last Saturday, I saw what I needed to in order to stick with this play. My biggest reason why I felt like Florida could compete in this game is b/c of the new offense Roper has installed. & although Florida was lucky to get away with a win last week, their offense was still very productive & they seem to have a good grasp of it. And that was what I wanted to see their first few games of the year in order to warrant a bet on the Gators.
I would have a hard time betting on Bama, particularly with this many points that they are giving, against a team that runs hurry up offense until Saban & company prove they can stop it or slow it down. I didn't see them do it as much as I thought they would against WVU, and Florida has better athletes & talent than WVU does.
Driskel has been effective. He still makes dumb mistakes & is probably thinking too much at times, but his WR's are having too many drops as well. If they can hold onto the ball then I feel like this offense could really get humming. The RB's are good & deep. The OL is good enough, but not deep. And most importantly, as I've stated, i feel like their hurry up & tempo could have enough success against Bama to cover 2 TD's.
Defensively Florida is still good. Their front 7 is good enough to slow down Bama's backs I believe. I like the match up of Dante Fowler against Cam Robinson.....although Fowler does move all over the field. The most shocking thing for me has been the secondary play of UF. Aside from VH3, the rest of the secondary have been below what I thought. They are excellent against the run, but have blown coverages in the secondary. I fully expect for VH3 to be matched up against Amari Cooper all game long, which I think will be a fantastic match up. Florida will most likely sell out to stop the run, and make Bama beat them through the air, which is completely possible, but I think they will have to have others step up besides Cooper....which we all know Bama has the talent there.
Nonetheless, Florida still has tremendous talent in the secondary that are capable of making big plays, but are also capable of busting coverage. I think a lot of this game comes down to the QB play for both teams. & I may not go as far to say that Florida will win (although I wouldn't be as stunned as most), I certainly do think that they can keep it within 2 TD's.

You're right about Snyder and Kansas State, Hammer.

There is reason Auburn opened at only -7 when most people thought it would be at least 14, maybe more--so many bettors have gotten hammered over the years laying points to K State at home that the smart ones have learned to be wary. The books knew if they opened at a big number all the smart bettors would jump all over it.

I haven't made up my mind on this one yet because you are right--Auburn has much better athletes all over the field. I won week after week on betting on Gus at Auburn last year and won week after week when he was at Arkansas, Tulsa, his first stint at Auburn, and at Arkansas State, but if the line goes high enough I'll take K State. Otherwise I'll pass.

I'm not laying points to Snyder at home.

You think muschamp will put VH3 on Amari all game? Don't see that in college very often like you do in the pros. Agree on KSt, but I have burned too many times betting against AU. Might do a KSt 1H

Ya I do. VH3 said on Monday something about him being matched up against Cooper all game. I think it'll be one of the adjustments Muschamp makes. I don't think he's very happy about the play of the rest of his secondary right now.

That makes me like UF less, bc moving VH3 all over the place will disrupt the comfort of the rest of the secondary as they're asked to play positions they are used to playing. Lot to ask of an inexperienced college secondary. VH3 may limit cooper, but probably at the expense of blown coverages and assignments elsewhere. Could be big day for white, black, jones, and please for the love of god, oj howard

Well I could be wrong and maybe it wouldn't be for all game, but I do think he will be on Cooper as much as possible. But I don't think it'll mess with their coverages that much. Essentially instead of having 1 CB on the boundary and 1 CB towards the field, ya just flip them when needed. Now I don't know if he would stick with it if Cooper came in motion or if he was in the slot, but that's why Muschamp gets paid millions and not me.

Muschamp speciality is defense, and I don't think he would do things that are gonna lead to all the problems all over the field at that expense.

That's why you rarely see a CB mirror a WR in college. Not bc the CB can't handle it, but it puts the rest of the secondary in unfamiliar spots. I don't know UF's personnel well, but there's a reason some guys play boundary instead of field due to athleticism etc, and if they're asked to switch to field, there's a lot more room for them to get confused. I'd be surprised if muschamp exposes the rest of the secondary like that just to have vh3 on Amari all game, but I've been surprised before

I guess saying "all game long" was a little much. I don't think Muschamp is going to do anything to jeopardize the rest of the secondary, that's just common sense. But I am sure he will make sure VH3 is on Cooper as much as he can be. Regardless, I don't think this one match up is going to be the outcome of the game or determine whether the spread gets covered or not. It'll just be a fun match up to watch.

K-State (+7.5) ----- REG
K-State ML (+270) ----- Small Potatoes

Circled KSU....& will stick with it. Not gonna bet it until later in the week b/c I expect the line to rise. & if it doesn't i may like this more, even.
I have been very vocal about how I, being a defensive minded person, have a hard time watching Auburn. They are a machine & I respect the hell out of Gus. But most of the things they do (not all), and any read/option team does, can't be significantly slowed down (not stopped) by assignment & fundamental football. I've stated the reasons I believe these offenses dont exist in the NFL: In the NFL a defense has at least 9-10 players that can do assignment football for 90% of the plays. In college a coach is happy to have 4 players that can do assignment for 90% of the time. Another reason would be that owners don't want their QB getting hurt.
Now for this game....It is ballsy to bet against a home dog on a weeknight game. It is very difficult to play on the road in college football, especially on a weeknight no matter if you've had 12 days off or not. But the most important reason for me to like KSU here is bc of Bill Snyder. He is one of the best coaches we have seen. A big reason why as to how he made KSU relevant is b/c he brought the option game back to College Football in the '90's. He taught Urban Meyer how to implement it even. I'm not saying what Gus does is identical to what Bill used to do or what Urban Meyer does, but I am saying that he has vast knowledge of the basics of these systems, and he's had a whole offseason to get more familiar with what Auburn does. Furthermore, he is one of the best coaches around, and one of the biggest reasons as to how he brought KSU to winning ways is his discipline, fundamentals, and assignment football he coaches his players.
I'm not saying that KSU will stop the Gus Bus, & it's ridiculously ballsy to try to get in the way of this covering machine thats rolling down the tracks, but I do believe that his team can slow it down some. Offensively I think K-State has enough weapons to score on Auburn, as the jury is still out on them. Waters is a good QB, & they will find ways to get the ball to Tyler Lockett. The Wildcats haven't shown anything yet offensively through 2 games, so I expect even more players to step up.
Auburn could very well score at will against KSU & they could run away with this game. After all, they do have better athletes & talent all over the field...it looks like a mismatch. But KSU has been winning with less talent than the majority of the Big 12 for many years under Snyder.

Akron (+10) ----- MASTERED
Akron ML (+305) ----- Small Potatoes

Circled it in preseason as a game I thought Marshall could drop. 1st, Marshall is really, really bad on the road....especially ATS. 2nd, I love the fact that they waxed off Ohio last week, a rival that they hadn't beaten in 3 years. So there's a chance they could come out a little flat here. On the flip side, Akron is fresh off a bye, in what is by far the biggest home game this team has played since Bowden has been here. I expect there to be a good crowd & a real fired up Zips team. Akron is not afraid to play teams better than them, they very well could have beaten Michigan last year (and Akron wasn't near as good then as they are now), & played much better against Penn St 2 weeks ago then the final score suggests (3 drives inside Penn St. 20 & only getting 3 pts). I'd really like for the Zips to get Chisholm going in the ground game as he hasn't gotten much action yet, but I also really Like Pohl at QB and think he's a better runner than many believe (which gives Marshall some problems). He also has a very experienced receiving crew, although they need to start holding on to the damn football. Defensively, it's a struggle holding Marshall in check. But if Marshall comes out flat, then I think it's a possibility that Akron can have some success. Bowden has recruited really good athletes (and also has some very highly recruits f/ transfer), and it'll be by far the most talent Marshall has seen thusfar in the year. The Zips front 7 are very underrated....good fast experienced LB's and a good DL. Secondary gives me concern, but they are also talented and very athletic. Concern = if Marshall is finally mature enough to know that they can't come out flat on the road & take games off like they have in the past, b/c if that's the case then covering this number could be tough. But I fully expect for Marshall to come out a little flat after their win last week, and the Zips to be fresh & not intimidated at all. I also think the Zips are still a little under appreciated, as I wouldn't be surprised to see them come out on top of the MAC East.

Iowa (+7) ----- REG
Iowa ML (+245) ----- Small Potatoes

Iowa has looked like a turd on offense so far. Pitt has ran all over everyone. Iowa lost last week to ISU, which I was not surprised with at all. I actually prefer it for this bet to happen. Pitt has a dominating run game, & I absolutely love the Terminator James Conner, but I feel like what Pitt does offensively plays right into Iowa's defenses hands.....Iowa has consistently proven they can stop the run. So if Iowa can slow down the run game and force Voytik to pass, then I'm not so sure that Pitt will have too much success.....he's been ineffective so far this year, and besides Boyd I don't see many other options he trusts. Iowa is bound to get Weisman going eventually, although it may not be this game I guess.....but bottom line is, that I expect both offenses to struggle a little bit running the football, and I'd rather trust Rudock over Voytik. Call my crazy. Aside from that, I see it being a very physical game, & Iowa always seems at their best when everyone is ready to sh*t on them.

Florida (+14.5) ----- REG
Florida ML (+435) ----- Very Small Potatoes

First, I'd like to thank Jimmy for talking me off my only concern with this game.
I circled this game as well, & after going back & looking at the game from last Saturday, I saw what I needed to in order to stick with this play. My biggest reason why I felt like Florida could compete in this game is b/c of the new offense Roper has installed. & although Florida was lucky to get away with a win last week, their offense was still very productive & they seem to have a good grasp of it. And that was what I wanted to see their first few games of the year in order to warrant a bet on the Gators.
I would have a hard time betting on Bama, particularly with this many points that they are giving, against a team that runs hurry up offense until Saban & company prove they can stop it or slow it down. I didn't see them do it as much as I thought they would against WVU, and Florida has better athletes & talent than WVU does.
Driskel has been effective. He still makes dumb mistakes, is probably thinking too much at times, and (my biggest concern) does not handle pressure well. But his WR's are having too many drops as well. If they can hold onto the ball then I feel like this offense could really get humming. The RB's are good & deep. The OL is good enough, but not deep. And most importantly, as I've stated, i feel like their hurry up & tempo could have enough success against Bama to cover 2 TD's.
Defensively Florida is still good. Their front 7 is good enough to slow down Bama's backs I believe. I like the match up of Dante Fowler against Cam Robinson.....although Fowler does move all over the field. The most shocking thing for me has been the secondary play of UF. Aside from VH3, the rest of the secondary have been below what I thought. They are excellent against the run, but have blown coverages in the secondary. I fully expect for VH3 to be matched up against Amari Cooper all game long, which I think will be a fantastic match up. Florida will most likely sell out to stop the run, and make Bama beat them through the air, which is completely possible, but I think they will have to have others step up besides Cooper....which we all know Bama has the talent there.
Nonetheless, Florida still has tremendous talent in the secondary that are capable of making big plays, but are also capable of busting coverage. I think a lot of this game comes down to the QB play for both teams. & I may not go as far to say that Florida will win (although I wouldn't be as stunned as most), I certainly do think that they can keep it within 2 TD's.

Maryland ML (+113) ----- REG
I MASTERED against Maryland last week, in a game that shouldn't have even been the sweat that it was for me IMO. And this week I was real close to going big on Maryland, but I'll just stick with a regular wager. Basically, I don't give a crap about Cuse running CMU into the ground last week.....the Chips didn't have by far their best 2 offensive weapons & were coming off an upset win, it was a perfect situation to dominate for Cuse that was coming off a bye week. Maryland got embarrassed last week, and I really don't like Edsall b/c he cry-babies too much, but I expect them to come out focused for this game. Cuse beat Maryland last year, but the Terps were also without their best 2 WR's & were injury riddled for the game. This year they are healthier, and I'm not so sure Cuse can contain CJ Brown....they did let Nova's QB run all over them in week 1.

North Carolina ML (+130) ----- REG
Letdown spot alert. That's the main basis behind this play.....it's totally situational. UNC are off a bye week where they should have lost to my Aztecs. ECU are off games @ S Car & @ VT where they pulled a big upset in the latter....against a Hokies team that were off a big upset lol. UNC hasn't been impressive this year, and their pass D is suspect which doesn't look good for this game....but this is college football, & these are the spots where a lot of teams drop games. So I expect for the situational play to pay off, as UNC isn't as bad a people probably think (hint:SDSU is pretty good) & they are off a bye week, against a team that is on it's last leg of a grueling non-con schedule. Oh, revenge factor for UNC also if you're into that thing.

San Diego St (+10.5) ----- REG
San Diego St ML (+325) ----- Small Potatoes

Almost took my Aztecs against UNC (would have been a HUGE win for the RSW bet), but was too concerned about their young secondary. Not necessarily their CB's, but their safeties. They are preforming better than I expected, & now I'm hoping it wasn't just for 1 game. I said preseason that this team has a lot of talent, so hopefully Rocky Long's coaching is already sticking to them. Both teams off a bye week, just like they were last year when SDSU should have won the game but gave it away at the end. So it's easy to say that SDSU has been looking forward to this & wants payback, but it's equally easy to say that OSU knows not to sleep on this team. However, the Beavs do have USC next week, so who knows if they could be looking ahead. Anyway, I think Oregon St will have major problems running the football, SDSU has a very good and deep DL, and OSU already has some injuries on a thin OL. So can Mannion beat them through the air is the question, and the answer is probably yes. I have faith in SDSU's CB's, but not quit yet their safeties, so I could see some busted plays & some inside receivers getting loose. Flipping the side of the ball, I have faith in Kaehler that he wont make stupid INT's all year long....he's a good QB, just mental mistakes sometimes. Biggest question is how do the Aztecs replace WR Ruffin, who is BY FAR their best WR and he's hurt for the majority of the year. They have good talent, hopefully they can show up to play. Main basis of the bet: I think 10 points is too much, & believe SDSU has a good chance to control the LOS both offensively and defensively. SDSU's run game has been good (as expected) & OSU still has problems on the DL IMO. If the Aztecs can limit big plays defensively, control the LOS & run the football, then I think they have a decent shot to win this football game. I also don't think SDSU is not fazed at all playing on the road against big opponents....and i get a big feeling that the team is ready for win against a power 5 team.

OU/WVU U 65 ----- Small Potatoes
Love this play, but I suck at totals so it's only small. I just don't get where everyone is saying there will be a lot of points scored. OU will most likely try to control the LOS & run the ball as much as possible. WVU can throw & put up points, but OU's DL is very very good & will probably make Trickett uneasy (even if he's getting rid of the ball fast). I could give a big write up on this game, b/c I do have lots of thoughts, so if anyone wants it let me know. But regardless, I said preseason that OU would go 11-1 & lose to either WVU, TCU, or TT on the road (right now I'd take off TT unless they figure out how to stop the run). So I expect this to be a pretty good football game, and I'm really looking forward to the Holgo vs Mike Stoops chessmatch. These types of offenses are the reason why Stoops implemented this new defense....so lets see if it pays off.

ULL (+17.5) ----- Small Potatoes

I fail to believe that ULL is as bad as they have been so far this year. Think they got in a bad spot against La Tech, & last week they were outmatched, even though they could have made that score respectable if they didn't turn it over in the red zone. Just think it's too may points, & I love Hedsputh as a coach.....and also love the fact that last year when he faced Harsin he held Arky St to their season low on offense, so he may have a coaching edge to slow them down a bit.

ML Parlay:
Va Tech, BYU, Toledo, LSU, Nebraska (+200)

I'm obviously putting that fairly decent Dog ML record up in the air this week. Rare that I only like dogs for a week....but all the favorites I did like had 1 problem: I didn't like the # they were sitting at....it was just a couple points too high for me.

Back