Week 4 Discussion Thread

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
For starters, not much debate that the early viewing window may be the worst in CFB history.

Plenty of time to clean out your garage, etc. Just garbage.

Florida / Miss State. Marshall / Ohio State NC State / Clemson Those are the 11A ESPN, FOX and ABC games. It gets worse from there.

Last edited:
See lot of hype on Tennessee. Not sure they've played anyone and sooner looked better today. Would be more inclined to take USC vs Michigan then Sooners. Not sure how that USC game doesn't unfold like the Texas game. More uncertainty in norman

See lot of hype on Tennessee. Not sure they've played anyone and sooner looked better today. Would be more inclined to take USC vs Michigan than Sooners. Not sure how that USC game doesn't unfold like the Texas game. More uncertainty in norman
Was with a grad this weekend and he said the same. On Tenny….

Booked
Indiana -28 (Charlotte down top 2 QBs and barely came back to beat Gardner Webb; Cignetti doesn't take his foot off the gas and IU backups will be way better than 49ers )
USC -6 (agree that it looks like a game that plays out like Texas)
Vols -7 (that number will only get bigger; Huepel will love hanging a big number in Norman; OU OL injuries will do them no favors vs UTK front)
Rutgers +3' (Rutgers off bye; Schiano great non-con record historically; VT played with their food vs Marshall & ODU, not looking crisp)
TCU -2' (TCU blew it vs UCF and should come out focused, has dominated the Battle for the Iron Skillet SU and don't need them to win by margin with this spread; SMU changed QBs during the bye which is objectively the right decision but they still are a team that has way underperformed so far this year) --- playing smaller than the other 4

Leans
BG +23' (no sense playing now as may get better number if I wait)
Minnesota +2' (waiting for 3)
WVU -2' (arguably should play now before it goes to 3, have to think on it some more)
GT +10' (great team to play as a dog, as is UL but they're laying a pretty big number here and go to South Bend next week; have to dig into it more)

Not sure how confident we should be in USC‘s outlook against mobile quarterbacks, but they should be able to stack the box given Oriji‘s accuracy issues. I think he skipped a pass against Tejas…

Not sure how confident we should be in USC‘s outlook against mobile quarterbacks, but they should be able to stack the box given Oriji‘s accuracy issues. I think he skipped a pass against Tejas…

I'm just curious to see Orji pass lol.

We've never truly seen it in a game.

The bomb on Saturday is a completion of the receiver does not slow up.

More later ...

Cal getting points at FSU. It went into Auburn and pushed them around a couple weeks ago. FSU seems ready to lay back and spread its legs at this point and really has since the beginning of the season.
Yeah that spread totally stands out this week. Either the books handing out free money or something else like home cooking comes into play.

I'm just curious to see Orji pass lol.

We've never truly seen it in a game.

The bomb on Saturday is a completion of the receiver does not slow up.

More later ...
i saw his highlights in the spring game. Looked awful. I suspect they'll run the football all day and take the P out of the RPO.

i saw his highlights in the spring game. Looked awful. I suspect they'll run the football all day and take the P out of the RPO.
Yes, he was bad in the spring.

He worked his ass off in the summer on technique and mechanics.

His first 3 weeks of camp, he was MUCH better.

The last 10-14 days, he was really bad. Otherwise, he would have started the opener. Warren passed him in late August.

Trust me, all the kool-aid about his summer improvement was flowing in the first 20 or so days of August.

I'm not buying all that. Probably a stat more for the NFL. As of now not touching the game but Cal been more impressive to date. Let's see how the penalties play out.
I agree Cal has looked sharp all season and obv Free Shoes has not. What would you make Auburn at FSU this week?

I agree Cal has looked sharp all season and obv Free Shoes has not. What would you make Auburn at FSU this week?
It would be a cement mixer just like MSU and UF

There is no reason to trust money on Florida/Florida State/Auburn/Messy in my book. They are pretty much rotten and if anything Auburn is getting line love because they put up a score last weekend in a game they wore the worst in for a good part of the game.

Watching the train wreck is much more fun than betting on it

See lot of hype on Tennessee. Not sure they've played anyone and sooner looked better today. Would be more inclined to take USC vs Michigan then Sooners. Not sure how that USC game doesn't unfold like the Texas game. More uncertainty in norman

Agree vols havnt played anyone really, I always think ncst gets more credit than they deserve so not taking much from that ass kicking but I dunno, just watching Vols they look really good to me. I have no clue bout the Sooners this year, hasn’t seen them at all but man I do think vols could be really good. We know when this coach has a capable qb his offense gonna be really good, I don’t think there any question bout that! The defensive side is where I’m not as sure, looks like they have some studs but again you right they havnt played anyone to really tell us what they are. The Sooners offense hasn’t exactly looked like world beaters tho, I’m just not sure there any stopping the Vols offense once they get rolling and I don’t think Sooners offense can keep up if/when it happens. I feel like it inevitable at some point Vols O gets humming.

The athleticism and play making ability of Tenn v. OU is night and day. Easy play for me.

Heupel factor is icing on the cake.

Just don’t think you can stop that Vols offense when they get humming. Don’t see Sooners offense able to keep up when Vols offense goes on what feels like an inevitable scoring spree at some point. I’m with ya I think they are really good and the further removed from Lincoln Riley the worse Sooners offense gonna get. Wasn’t sold on that defensive guy head coach hire at all.

Yeah that spread totally stands out this week. Either the books handing out free money or something else like home cooking comes into play.

Couldn’t I argue as awful fsu been and we all pretty much agree DJ U a bit a turd, fsu should probably improve as the year goes on as they threw together a whole bunch of new pieces this season. I still trust this coaching staff and am pretty sure they better than Auburn who been puzzling to me what a shit show Freeze has going on there! I guess Cal has been impressive and they are well coached but I’m not sold on the arm of that qb! Is unquestionable fsu has more talent right? Unless DJ U just loses the team I still think there potential here for them to at least be competent at some point. Maybe DJ U getting the 💰 and playing like he has creates a divide? That possible but if they still buying in I gotta believe Norvell will get them looking better. Maybe I’m way off, scoring 12 vs Memphis after a bye doesn’t exactly scream optimism! lol. If you made me I think I’d lay the 2.5. Maybe I’m crazy tho, hopefully I can find enough bets it doesn’t come to that. lol.

Far as the travel I dunno how much an issue it is anymore? This isn’t like the old days, think most these teams traveling in relative luxury. A earlier start would make me think more of it but think I agree w you it not a huge deal.

Booked
Indiana -28 (Charlotte down top 2 QBs and barely came back to beat Gardner Webb; Cignetti doesn't take his foot off the gas and IU backups will be way better than 49ers )
Vols -7 (that number will only get bigger; Huepel will love hanging a big number in Norman; OU OL injuries will do them no favors vs UTK front)
Rutgers +3' (Rutgers off bye; Schiano great non-con record historically; VT played with their food vs Marshall & ODU, not looking crisp)
TCU -2' (TCU blew it vs UCF and should come out focused, has dominated the Battle for the Iron Skillet SU and don't need them to win by margin with this spread; SMU changed QBs during the bye which is objectively the right decision but they still are a team that has way underperformed so far this year) --- playing smaller than the other 4

Leans
WVU -2' (arguably should play now before it goes to 3, have to think on it some more)
GT +10' (great team to play as a dog, as is UL but they're laying a pretty big number here and go to South Bend next week; have to dig into it more)

Good stuff buddy.

Totally with you on Vols, I’m a believer.

I was shocked at the +10 for Gtech, I don’t see any way that game doesn’t come down to the wire? If memory serves me right last year Gtech junked all over ville, of course they let them come back and blew the win as they tend to do but one thing for sure bout this team, they will either jump on you and then let ya back in it or you can take a huge lead and they will storm back late. King went off on ville, think he had 400 yards between passing and rushing. Dont see a lot of teams shutting this offense down. 10 points is a ton! Love this one. Ville hasn’t been tested at all either while tech has already played a couple bigger games, that gotta count for something!

It would be a cement mixer just like MSU and UF

There is no reason to trust money on Florida/Florida State/Auburn/Messy in my book. They are pretty much rotten and if anything Auburn is getting line love because they put up a score last weekend in a game they wore the worst in for a good part of the game.

Watching the train wreck is much more fun than betting on it
I agree. Best to stay away.

Booked

Leans
Booked BG +23, Gophers +3 (-120), GT +10' and also ECU +7. Not sure why but WVU feeling like a stay away for me. Turning attention to totals now that 1Hs are out.

Booked BG +23, Gophers +3 (-120), GT +10' and also ECU +7. Not sure why but WVU feeling like a stay away for me. Turning attention to totals now that 1Hs are out.

I don’t think I could play wvu right now. The best way I can say it is I loved Pitt last week! Me and loving Pitt hasn’t been a thing in years! I think Greene has actually regressed, I was a fan of his prior to this year, I dunno if he wants to prove he a passer or what the reasoning is but he doesn’t seem like nearly the willing or capable runner he was, he isn’t a particularly accurate passer, and their defense has yet to find a passing game they can stop! It might have been a blowout but Albany threw for 300 on these guys! I’d Daniels a good enough passer to take advantage? I have no clue. These teams are actually incredibly similar in having qb’s who more effective rushing than throwing. Not sure which defense has a better chance of stopping the qb runs but right now I feel like Daniels I at least know gonna take off, I’m scared Greene gonna keep trying to pass which he is not efficient nor ever will be at! Ku obviously has issues of their own, don’t think I could bet them either. This just seems like a really tough game to figure out,

For some reason I don’t see any props up for Greene, he still the qb? Hurt?

The fact Daniels passing yards prop is right around 200 says bout all ya need to know bout wvu pass d! Kid hasn’t sniffed 200 yards this year! If I thought for a second he was any kind of capable passer I’d be all over that number cause I think just bout any half way decent qb on this level could throw for 250+ on wvu

I gotta believe the only reason wvu -2.5 is cause ku gotta go to wvu and play early game? Cause to me this game a total freaking coin flip, just dunno how anyone has any freaking idea what goes on in this game and I consider myself pretty well versed in wvu, not ku so much. Anyone think they have a good idea how the hell this game play out? I’d freaking love to hear it! Like I said if I believed for a minute Daniels was a capable passer I would slam his passing yards over, I just dunno if he can throw looking at his numbers in the other games! He was only 9-15 for 148 against lundenwood!!

Back