Week 4 Blitz

BlitzBandit

Friend of CTG
14-10 (58.3%) (+9.7 units)

The G-Men are bye this week... shame considering I'm 4-1 with them. My only play that lossed was the UNDER last week. What sucked about that one was that it was a 16-13 (29 total pts) game with under 5 minutes to play... then all hell broke loose. Oh well, no sense it adding up the ones that should've won unless I plan on counting those that should've lost... those can add up too... Anyway.. on to this week...

Denver Broncos @ Kansas City Chiefs +9.5

4.4 to win 4

I don't normally like puting my money down on bad teams, but Kansas City is playing a Denver defense that really sucks.. specially against the pass. They are 4th worst in pts allowed, 3rd worst in yards allowed, and dead last in passing yards allowed. With that said, Damon Huard should be a plus for the Chiefs. He's nothing fancy, but he gives them a better chance than Croyle or Thigpen. He's averaged over 200 passing yards as a starter the last two years with 19 TDs in 18 games. There's no reason why he shouldn't be able to get things rolling against the worst passing defense in the league. Denver has given up 798 passing yards and 70 points the last two weeks to the Chargers and Saints. That should give him something to smile about.

Denver @ KC OVER 46

1.1 to win 1

As much as I think KC will be able to put up points against a Denver defense that has given up 70 pts the last two weeks, I also think KC will have problems slowing down a Denver offense that is averaging a league best 38 pts a game. I see this one going over.

here's the rest of my card...

Houston Texans +7 @ Jacksonville Jaguars

2.3 to win 2

This is a bit rougher one to take since The Jags seemed to finally find their running game and Houston hasn't been able to stop the run for shit. What's weird, is I think this is going to be one of those ugly games where the defenses come up big for both... and I don't normally mind getting a td worth of points when I see that type of game in store.

San Francisco 49ers +4 @ New Orleans Saints

2.2 to win 2

With David Patten iffy and less than 100% and Marques Colston and Jeremy Shockey out, the 49ers should have a good shot at winning this one. The Saints have a leaky defense... they gave up 336 passing yards two weeks ago to Jason Campbell and then 264 yards and 2 TDs last week to Cutler. The Saints are bit better at stopping the run, but Gore should still be able to get things done.

Atlanta Falcons @ Carolina Panthers -7

2.2 to win 2

So Atlanta pounded on Detroit and KC and now they are considered a decent team?... They got beat by Tampa by double digits and I see the same thing happening here. Turner should get shut down in this one.

Green Bay @ Tampa Bay -1.5

2.2 to win 2

The Bucs rushed for over 300 yards in their first two games combined and passed for more than 400 yards last week. Now they are at home against a Green Bay defense that has some problems right now, against the run and the pass. Against the run, they gave up 217 yards against Dallas last week and 187 to the Vikings in week 1... Tampa Bay was shut down on the ground against the Bears last week... with that said, they should get back on track and do pretty much what they want against this Green Bay defense on the ground. And when Tampa is able to run, the game usually goes their way.

Leans for later and may add...

Buffalo

Oakland

Them Boys

Da Bears

looks like we may buttin some heads today, hopefully we both end up in the green today ... good luck bud ...:cheers:

Denver Broncos @ Kansas City Chiefs +9.5 (4.4 to win 4) WON

Denver @ KC OVER 46 (1.1 to win 1) WON

Houston Texans +7 @ Jacksonville Jaguars (2.3 to win 2) WON

San Francisco 49ers +4 @ New Orleans Saints (2.2 to win 2) loss

Atlanta Falcons @ Carolina Panthers -7 (2.2 to win 2) WON

Green Bay @ Tampa Bay -1.5 (2.2 to win 2) WON

so far:

5-1 (+8.8 units)

pending: Oakland +9

leaning and may add tonight: Da Bears

eyyyyy blitz GREAT day youre having so far bro:cheers:

keep it up bro and dont add the bears tonight because im on philly! i dont want to lose

:36_1_23:

Denver Broncos @ Kansas City Chiefs +9.5 (4.4 to win 4) WON

Denver @ KC OVER 46 (1.1 to win 1) WON

Houston Texans +7 @ Jacksonville Jaguars (2.3 to win 2) WON

San Francisco 49ers +4 @ New Orleans Saints (2.2 to win 2) loss

Atlanta Falcons @ Carolina Panthers -7 (2.2 to win 2) WON

Green Bay @ Tampa Bay -1.5 (2.2 to win 2) WON

San Diego Chargers @ Oakland Raiders +9 (2.2 to win 2) loss

well I was debating whether to take Buffalo or Oakland in the late games.. guess I took the wrong one... can't believe Oakland gave up a 15-0 lead... well, guess I can.. afterall, it is the Raiders.

updated:

5-2 (+6.6 units)

added:

Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers UNDER 34.5

1.1 to win 1

I'm leaning a bit to Baltimore here, but not enough to bet it. I figure PIT will probably win this at home, but I think this is going to be an ugly game.

I don't really see Baltimore being able to do much on the ground against the Steeler defense. The Steelers will want to focus on shutting down the run so that Flacco will be forced to pass. That should give them the advantage. They do have some problems on defense right now, but it should still be good enough at home to shut down the Raven offense (which has only faced two weak teams so far). The Steelers are allowing only 64 rushing yards per game (that's second best in the league). That's also how many yards they allowed Baltimore to have last year in Heinz field when they whooped them 38-7.

On the flip, Willie Parker is out and I don't see the Steelers being able to run either against the Ravens' 3rd-ranked rush defense. As a side note, the teams have split in four of the last five seasons, with the home team winning nine of those games. Last years' 38-7 PIT win was also played on Monday night.

Ben Roethlisberger got sacked 8 times against Philly last week and I don't see much changing here. They ran for just 33 yards on the ground, and their offensive line couldn't keep the Eagles pass rush out of Big Bens' face. Well, here come the Ravens 3rd ranked defense.

I see this number low... but not low enough... Two great defenses playing offenses that won't be able to handle em.

I think there will be points here but you have a good argument...I have it teased down to 28 (with Pitt)...Hope we both hit....BOL

well, i guess I'm kinda pissed at myself more than anything for not taking my leans of Chicago last night and Baltimore tonight...

anyways... fuck it... started with a 5-1 record and almost 9 units ahead and closed with two losses (Oakland and the UNDER tonight) to finish 5-3 with just over 5 units for the week... can complain, but I guess I shouldn't... still a good week...

updated:

5-3 (+5.5 units)

Back