Week 3 What Are We Learning

Vandy RSW cashes. Kansas is a half away from cashing.

Is the world ready for a potential Gameday in Lawrence next week?

Unlv could be going bowling for the 1st time since 2013.

The best qb for Cocky is their punter.

College football Saturdays remained unmatched. I figure I have roughly 510 left if I'm lucky. Gotta cherish every one.

Also Army 0 yards passing today. The world is back on track.

Houston has trailed at halftime every game this year. In the first two they battled back in what would end up as crazy OT finishes. Today, they clearly ran out of gas.

Northwestern has won once as a DD dog (vs Neb) and lost twice straight up as DD fav (Duke and S ILL)

Central Michigan full game ATS was very fortunate. They were absolute dog shit in the 1H and early 2H too. They got the go-ahead covering TD with about 1min or left in the game. I think there was a huge 4th-ling conversion on the drive where they just handed it off and RB ripped a big gainer.

I'm super pissed off about the Rutgers-Temple game. I don't know who that Temple team was, nobody I've seen before today in those uniforms. Rutgers is damn lucky to win that game.

Didn't see any South Alabama - UCLA game, but damn, that team is super legit! UCLA only outgained them by 8 yards and won on a walk off FG

Something wasn't adding up in Kansas State game box scores this year. It revealed itself today

Ole Miss is really good, or Georgia Tech is really bad

Speaking of really bad...Clemson, you bad - like in a bad way

Don Brown gets win #1!

Troy - App State, unbelievable

Marshall looked like they were about to blow Bowling Green out in the 1Q, then they ended up losing straight up.

Arkansas State after taking a 1 point lead, they totally pissed down their leg in the final minutes vs Memphis both on D and O

Rice ended the nation's longest winning streak when they beat ULL

Missouri State and Bobby Petrino sure came to play today

Clemson is bad, did I already say that?

Man, Jake Haener injured, that sucks

Wild, wild day.

Michigan State defense is still awful.

Michigan, with what should be a top OL in country, has a few issues there. Might need to shuffle a bit.

Minnesota a tough team. Now we'll see them vs real teams.

OSU offense is back. The defense still gives up too much.

Nothing new, but this years it's Georgia, then a gap.

You can move ball on USC.

32 first downs SMU, 27 points.

Had an incredible first 8 hours of the day betting, but live bets on total in Maryland killed the momentum. Grrrrr.

Vandy RSW cashes. Kansas is a half away from cashing.

Is the world ready for a potential Gameday in Lawrence next week?

Unlv could be going bowling for the 1st time since 2013.

The best qb for Cocky is their punter.

College football Saturdays remained unmatched. I figure I have roughly 510 left if I'm lucky. Gotta cherish every one.

Also Army 0 yards passing today. The world is back on track.
Great post.

For Teapot I hope Gameday is there.

Army O passing yards is great bro. Order restored.

Correct on CFB. Gotta love it. It’s UGA maybe Bama and everyone else once again until a few weeks. I hope Tenny is real enough to give ‘em a go. LSU gotta play em, albeit at home but still. NIL, bird flu, lockdown, shutdown, fuck-a-town; it’s still greatest thing going.

I learned Mike Leach is an idiot. That’s MSU’s game if they play it right, and if that game is in Starkvegas fuxking forget about it.
LSU played hard and Daniels still holds the ball way too long. WRs everywhere per usual LSU standard but he just looks not right. He’s tough but I expected more…maybe more to come

I also watched much of Purdue vs Cuse. That was the true 2.5 game

I want to thank Luigi Cristobal and Josh Gattis for trashing my Tyler Van Dyke heisman ticket. That playcalling was so incredibly awful and its easy to see how this head coach completely held back Justin Herbert and is doing it again with this QB.

Harbaugh attempting a 62 yard field goal to end the first half with a 38-0 lead was hilarious. McNamara should only get snaps late in games like this one where he can't affect the outcome.

Clemson will lose a couple of games even though the ACC is once again a bad conference.

Oof is Nebraska bad and thats going to be a big rebuilding job for anyone that takes it. I would like to see Urban take on that challenge but can't see it happening.

Petrino should really be in line for a bigger opportunity; Nebraska should really consider him.

Tennessee is going to be a tough beat for anyone. I was wrong about the Heupel hire since I didn't like it at the time.

Florida still stinks and should have lost last night.

Freeze is another coach that should be a consideration for Nebraska and any other big jobs that open.

Auburn is still a trainwreck and they should be in the mix for Petrino and Freeze in the offseason.

Oh look Miami dropped another pass. What a pitiful group of receivers.

I still know nothing about my team other than the QB is slightly better than I expected (which was low but Cub called him trash last week, for a walk on he's a bit better than trash) Not like we've beaten anyone though.

Someone tell me Williams of USCw was not shaving last night. Review the last 5 min, or so, of the 1st H. USC TT was 21.5, 1H over was 34.5. Score was 21-10 I believe...Williams proceeds to run around like back yard ball and take unnecessary sacks, in which he could have thrown it away several times. Looks as if he tried NOT to score.

Minnesota has Spartans, Boilermakers, Illini coming up. Interested in the lines. May have to consider them in each

I hope Urban Meyer stays away for good. Don't sell your soul Nebraska. I'd rather see them hire Lance Leipold, Troy Calhoun, Jeff Monkin.

kansas might be really really good, as in capable of winning the big twelve at least on offense

usc defense gives up alot and is getting people to take the dog but at what point do you stop getting in front of that train ?

arkansas and south carolina both have looked bad to me and are showing that out.........think va tech was lucky to pass on beamers son and get brent pry.

herm, marvin, billick, donnie henderson........maybe the nfl will take them back ?

Alabama offense is better when they go uptempo…

That 2nd quarter killed the 1H ATS……

Won’t bet suck teams against suckier teams again…..

Had Rutgers, Marshall, and Georgia St…..0-3 ats and 2 lost straight up…..also fkin Northwestern

Guess it’s back to the big favorites and their Team Totals now…..

Will be playing top 10 teams ( excluding Clemson )

kansas might be really really good, as in capable of winning the big twelve at least on offense

usc defense gives up alot and is getting people to take the dog but at what point do you stop getting in front of that train ?

arkansas and south carolina both have looked bad to me and are showing that out.........think va tech was lucky to pass on beamers son and get brent pry.

herm, marvin, billick, donnie henderson........maybe the nfl will take them back ?
Kansas overs might be the way to go…..they can score at least

Purdue was called for 13 penalties - 138y. Quite a few were on Syracuse's game winning drive....two before Purdue's kickoff (they kicked off from their own 10) which allowed Cuse to start that drive at midfield, then a D holding call on 3rd-10 incompletion then 3 plays later, a very late D PI on 3rd and 10 were all pivotal.

Purdue was called for 13 penalties - 138y. Quite a few were on Syracuse's game winning drive....two before Purdue's kickoff (they kicked off from their own 10) which allowed Cuse to start that drive at midfield, then a D holding call on 3rd-10 incompletion then 3 plays later, a very late D PI on 3rd and 10 were all pivotal.

this was a great game in the 4th Q. cuse backers won, but Purdue did it to themselves. refs didn't help, but Purdue wins without all the stupid mistakes...players and coaches. was texting BAR thru some of the 4th, going between games. one of the worst pick six's you'll ever see. had to just laugh at it. but purdue, minus the mistakes, was the side. doens't always work out though

this was a great game in the 4th Q. cuse backers won, but Purdue did it to themselves. refs didn't help, but Purdue wins without all the stupid mistakes...players and coaches. was texting BAR thru some of the 4th, going between games. one of the worst pick six's you'll ever see. had to just laugh at it. but purdue, minus the mistakes, was the side. doens't always work out though
Purdue's problems on the game winning drive for Cuse started with the WR getting the 15 yard "celebration" penalty. It's usually a total bullshit call by the Ref (Cal had one in the 1H vs ND that led to ND coming down and getting their first TD in that game). I didn't see it but i know Purdue's coaching staff got an additional 15 yard penalty for arguing it.

My point on this is that this is 100% COACHING. In today's football you must coach up the players to make them understand that they can't celebrate at all in the end zone when they score. Zero. Zip. YOU CANNOT GIVE THE REFS A CHANCE TO CALL IT. Period. I mean I saw the Cal celebration and it was absolutely nothing - but they called it. And ND ended up starting that drive from their 40.

Wasn't that AD good buddies with Herm?

Sometimes I'd like to know all the inner scuttle about why they pulled the plug there, I mean, in a way it would be awesome if they were just sitting there and are like, "no way we lose to Eastern Michigan, let's do down there right now and tell him he's gone" - that's like what every fan wants to do...fire the coach on the spot for a bad loss. But there has to be some other stuff, which I'm kind of interested to know, but at the same time, don't need to waste the time reading about a coach who ain't there anymore.

The penalty on the Purdue TD scorer actually occurred on the Extra Point when he was helmet to helmet with a cuse player with a ref standing right there. Looked like a BS call as they were no doubt jabbering at eachother. Not sure what the magic words were that gave him the penalty. Due to the BS nature of it, they then got the additional penalty. It was awful. Grats to Cuse though and the game was great but that was a BS way to lose a football game. Great commentator line was "It's tough to keep up with the Joneses" or something like that on one of Jones long catches.

Oregon looked really good to me because BYU didn't play awful, they just got beat by a better team and I am pretty sure BYU is decent. Oregon owned the line of scrimmage. Makes me think Georgia might be a half decent team.

Ndame has good players except at WR. They are underperforming badly since ohio state.

UTEP is back to being UTEP on offense.

LSU has a QB problem but they took a nice step forward from an execution standpoint as a team week over week. Coaching will get them better as the year goes and hopefully they get better QB play at some point. Seen him twice and he looked like poop both times.

My guess is if Urban takes the Nebraska job reason number 10,000,001 will be to restore Nebraska to previous glory. But outside of 10 million a year and a pure money grab, why would Urban want that job?

He doesn't strike me as a guy who wants to work all that hard at this stage of his life; in Lincoln he would need to work his butt off to recruit and develop players. Obviously he will recruit better at Nebraska than possibly any coach they have ever had but the high end talent cupboard is bare. The program hasn't produced a first round draft pick since 2011, 2011!!! In that same time frame they have had just six players drafted in the second round or an average of .5 players per year.

Of course since he was in Lincoln this weekend and maybe a few of the co-ed's caught his eye . . .

My guess is if Urban takes the Nebraska job reason number 10,000,001 will be to restore Nebraska to previous glory. But outside of 10 million a year and a pure money grab, why would Urban want that job?

He doesn't strike me as a guy who wants to work all that hard at this stage of his life; in Lincoln he would need to work his butt off to recruit and develop players. Obviously he will recruit better at Nebraska than possibly any coach they have ever had but the high end talent cupboard is bare. The program hasn't produced a first round draft pick since 2011, 2011!!! In that same time frame they have had just six players drafted in the second round or an average of .5 players per year.

Of course since he was in Lincoln this weekend and maybe a few of the co-ed's caught his eye . . .
It's Lawrence Phillips' gig when he gets out

Meyer in college is as close to a sure thing as you can get. I don't think the Jacksonville experience and other issues would impact that in another try. But I'd love to see him get another chance there. Nebraska in the NC picture again would be great to see I think.

Meyer in college is as close to a sure thing as you can get. I don't think the Jacksonville experience and other issues would impact that in another try. But I'd love to see him get another chance there. Nebraska in the NC picture again would be great to see I think.
Could Meyers be the next Saban?
You flunk in the NFL and then back to the ncaa to win multiple championships?

The penalty on the Purdue TD scorer actually occurred on the Extra Point when he was helmet to helmet with a cuse player with a ref standing right there. Looked like a BS call as they were no doubt jabbering at eachother. Not sure what the magic words were that gave him the penalty. Due to the BS nature of it, they then got the additional penalty. It was awful. Grats to Cuse though and the game was great but that was a BS way to lose a football game. Great commentator line was "It's tough to keep up with the Joneses" or something like that on one of Jones long catches.

Oregon looked really good to me because BYU didn't play awful, they just got beat by a better team and I am pretty sure BYU is decent. Oregon owned the line of scrimmage. Makes me think Georgia might be a half decent team.

Ndame has good players except at WR. They are underperforming badly since ohio state.

LSU has a QB problem but they took a nice step forward from an execution standpoint as a team week over week. Coaching will get them better as the year goes and hopefully they get better QB play at some point. Seen him twice and he looked like poop both times.

BYU seemed tired to me. You're right about the game. But after watching them against Baylor, they just seemed slower/softer for whatever reason. They were also a defeated team once their kicker blew yet another FG attempt. Think it would've made it 17-10...but they didn't show any life again until late, when it was already decided. Ducks did look very good though. That team, from last Saturday, would beat USC. Sadly, we'll never know...unless SC somehow beats out Utah on the other side.

Leach didn't have a very good game, and his receivers couldn't get open...but that entire game changed on the muffed punt imo. Agreed about their QB issue.

Could Meyers be the next Saban?
You flunk in the NFL and then back to the ncaa to win multiple championships?

He doesn’t have the staying power at one place but short term sure, he could def build another championship team, don’t think any chance he could stick somewhere and keep winning like saban.

i would of thought utep would of beat new mexico.......7 turnovers ? .....utep has at times, somewhat sexy looking pass game that can be dynamic yet there they are facing a new mexico team that can't throw a forward pass and you would think that would favor utep.......oklahoma and north texas games there was some positives. actually feels like a undervalued team in the market right now if they don't turn it over when they face boise, kind of like how they did in that game last year. They have a better pass offense then boise and might even be a live dog.

new mexico's offense feels like it won't be able to get a first down against lsu.....even think -30 feels little short

He doesn’t have the staying power at one place but short term sure, he could def build another championship team, don’t think any chance he could stick somewhere and keep winning like saban.
His resume speaks for itself. But he's a douche. I don't care what happened in Jacksonville. The guy is a snake and I feel dishonest. But he wins...like you say short term. I think it would be awful for both Nebraska and Meyer. It would be a lot of work and change and no guarantee it could work out the gate and I think it would go badly for both. Nebraska needs a guy who wants to be there 10 years not a guy like Urban who would want out or burn out after 3.

The last time I saw UTEP was vs NMSU and they were bad. I take it they were bad vs New Mexico as well. I wish UTEP hadn't fallen back so much.

I don't think anyone knows what to make of Boise? They seem like they are broken.

The last time I saw UTEP was vs NMSU and they were bad. I take it they were bad vs New Mexico as well. I wish UTEP hadn't fallen back so much.

I don't think anyone knows what to make of Boise? They seem like they are broken.
Utep turned the ball over 7 times vs NM bit they got outplayed most of the game. Lifeless vs NMSU.

Boise was -17 at NM and-15 at Utep? I hit Boise when it opened at 16 trying to avoid 17 and now it's going the other way. So I'm probably screwed.

I still the NM defense is undervalued. They just have no offense to help them out.

when you have Rocky Long and Gonzales in year 3, there is just no doubt that they will be good and know what they are doing on D. Just a shame they can't match it on the other side. But isn't that the way so many teams go, have an offensive tilt on the staff and the D lags, a D minded staff and they can't get an O that works (or the right players).

Back