Week 3 Plays

cubsker

Used to be "Fun Cub"
Biggest play of the day: Florida St. -4.5 - Colorado is not a good team. Yes, they got ahead of Ariz. St. 14-0, but that was all b/c of ASU mistakes. Colorado has virtually no running game and will not run against the FSU front 7. Hawkins was 15 of 42 for less than 160 yards against the Sun Devils. Colorado doesn't get much of a home field advantage in Boulder. The fans just don't care there, unless they have a really good team AND they are playing Nebraska (and it still doesn't really help them, lol). FSU is off to a very sluggish start which is good for this line. FSU played an awful first half vs. Clemson and got way behind. FSU then controlled the 2nd half but wasn't able to complete the comeback in a tough environment on the road. FSU got off to another bad start vs. UAB this week with Weatherford throwing a pick for a TD to put UAB ahead 10-0 early. UAB led 17-3 at the half before the Noles dominated the 2nd half 31-7. FSU ended up with over 500 yards of offense which is saying something when you have 3 pts. at halftime. In my estimation, Jimbo Fisher should be getting more comfortable with the personnel he has. We should see a more consistent performance from the Noles in the coming weeks. That said, I don't see FSU needing to score much more than 21 to cover the 4.5 pts. Colorado isn't going to do much on offense.

Other plays locked in so far:

North Carolina -3 - even teams, but the heels are at home with the better coach.
Hawaii -17 - If at first you don't succeed......I think the Rebs blew their wad last week.
Oklahomo St. -10 - 3rd tough game in a row for Troy. I think the physicalness of facing teams like Florida, Arkansas, and now the Pokes will really wear on a team like Troy. We saw this same type of thing last year when Troy faced Nebraska after playing Florida St. and Georgia Tech in consecutive weeks. The result was a 56-0 beating. One difference here is that Troy is at home so they will have that working for them. I don't think it's enough.

Leans:

Nebraska - I think the line will continue to climb. I saw it's back down to 9.5 and 10 from 10.5 earlier today. I think the public will bet this one back up for me on Saturday. I'm looking for 11.5 possibly. The state has been waiting for a year for this game. Crowd should be nuts as long as the Corn gives us some hope early. Nebraska at home is just a completely different team than Nebraska on the road. I don't know why that is, but it's been that way this entire decade. The Blackshirts, especially, play so much better at home it's insane. I look for a close game that goes to the 4th qtr. Edge to the Trojans, but the Corn will have a chance.
Auburn - Yes, their offense sucks and maybe I'm climbing aboard a sinking ship, but Piss St. sucks so fucking bad on offense it's incomprehensible that someone is even coaching them. Turnovers galore and the Tigers should be able to capitalize on at least a couple of them.
Vols +8 - I'm expecting a close game. I like that the Vols have played one tough game so far. I like the experience edge at QB for the Vols. Need to know more about both teams though, so a little help here would be nice.
E. Carolina +1 - Good D at home, but are they overrated? I mean, Va Tech sucked balls so maybe their D isn't all that.
Texas Tech -28 - Rice blows.
Houston -15 - Need to do more research.

Good stuff cubsker. I like your thought process on that FSU/COL game and will add it to my plays.

Your also dead on with TN+8. Florida's stature is completely blown up because of their NC but that has nothing to do with their current team which nobody knows the true ability. I'll take a senior qb, solid OL, good running game against a green defense all day. I think they cover easily and have a 50/50 shot to win straight up.

Cubsker- A couple questions about USC/Nebraska that I want your opinion on.

1.) Do you think Nebraska was looking ahead last week? If so, how much did that affect their performance?
2.)Does USC having an off week and extra week to prepare concern you?

Cubsker- A couple questions about USC/Nebraska that I want your opinion on.

1.) Do you think Nebraska was looking ahead last week? If so, how much did that affect their performance?
2.)Does USC having an off week and extra week to prepare concern you?

1. They couldn't help but be looking ahead at least a little bit. I don't think it affected them too much though. I think what affected them the most is that they were playing the defending ACC champs on the road in that team's home opener. Having a non conf opponent like Nebraska come into their place had to be their biggest nonconf game in years. Plus, WF was 0-1 and desperate for a win. I think Nebraska was pretty vanilla on offense saving something for USC which almost cost them.

2. In some ways, I like that USC had an off week while Nebraska was struggling to win a tough game. This will be the first real game for USC since last year's Rose Bowl win which isn't looking all that great these days. We'll see if USC can match the intensity of Nebraska in the first quarter, because the Huskers are ready. As far as strategy, I think USC had pretty much all off season to prepare for Nebraska b/c they sure as hell weren't worried about Idaho. I don't know how long NU has been preparing for USC, but I would bet all offseason as well.

More plays:

BC +7 - GTech getting an inflated line for dominating Notre Dame. BC can stop the run and will be able to throw on GTech. It should be a close game either way.
NU/USC U 50 - They scored 38 last year. Nebraska should open it up more, but I see a couple of types of games. Either USC will win something like 28-10 again or it will be a 4 quarter grind it out game if Nebraska can control time of possession. Then we should have a 24-21 type of game. Nebraska has to prove they can score against the elite teams. USC's young playmakers (RB and WR) have to prove they are the real deal. Nebraska has as good a secondary as they have had in a long time, especially at corner back with 4 players who are talented and can hang.

Back