Week #3 of the N.F.L.

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
'08 YTD: 8-6-1, +2.225 units

Two weeks in...and it's been two straight weeks of going 4-3, up some change each time...as well as a fortunate push with Carolina last week. Could've been better...minus the 4th Q meltdowns of New Orleans and Detroit...but it is what it is...especially so with the NO sucker play i fell for hook, line, and sinker. Anyhow, on to week three...

CIN/NYG over 41.5 (-110) for 1.5 units

PIT (+3.5) over PHI (-110) for 1.5 units

GB (+3) over DAL (+100) for 1.5 units

NO/DEN over 50.5 (-110) for 1.5 units

ATL (-6) over KC (-110) for 3/4 unit

HOU (+4.5) over TEN (-110) for 3/4 unit

More to come later in the week. But with a big week of college foots, i've got a lot of work left to do with this week's NFL slate...not to mention the college card i'm still immersed in...so it may not be until the weekend with any additions.

GL on Sunday :tiphat:

Last edited:
Good luck big yankss :cheers:

I'm actually surprised you dont like the NCAAF card this week... my favorite of the season so far.

No opinion on either of those two. Hopin you like GB and atlanta this week!

i'll try to get into the games i play a bit more at some point later in the week...but a little sentence or two on my first 2 plays...

As for the over...
Prolly don't need to explain why i think the Giants will be putting up some points on the Bengal's defense, considering...but i do expect to see the Bengal offense having a fair amount of success this sunday...with the passing game, at least. Not that they've shown much of anything yet, but i fully expect Carson & Company to have a good game/productive game finally. So much so that i'll prolly also take the points, if it gets to 14 or 14.5 pts by the end of the week. But i honestly see these teams being a score away from the total by halftime...if not right at it.

As for the side...
Philly's been about as hot as anyone, offensively. But this Steeler defense won't be so easy to throw on...let alone run on. Big Ben hasn't been too shabby either, fwiw...and we saw the success Dallas had moving the ball on Philly. Now of course the Steeler offense isn't Dallas....jsut saying i like the matchups, and how some holes were exposed in that Eagle defense. Anyhow, i'm being very brief, but there are also a few angles i like to this. Philly off a tough loss, short week, maybe a post-cowboy letdown...an in-state (semi) rivalry, catching more than a FG...taking the more physical (afc) team, that runs the ball better, and plays better defense especially against the pass...and so forth. But look for Miller, Holmes, and Parker to have big days...and for the Steeler defense to have a takeaway or two.

Good luck big yankss :cheers:

I'm actually surprised you dont like the NCAAF card this week... my favorite of the season so far.

No opinion on either of those two. Hopin you like GB and atlanta this week!

yeah...strong lean to GB this week. nice home doggie. just being greedy though, hoping to catch more pts.
no opinion on ATL though yet...but in all honesty, i haven't dug into the game yet.

btw...i like the college card quite a bit. all my time's been going into it, and i've already found 11 plays.

:shake:

Steelers havent won a game in Philly since 1965 ...We are due ..Go Steelers

I have a trend play that comes up with an under on that Cincy game...i will be playing alot of unders this weekend just trying to wait out a point or 2 on some...GLTA

Steelers havent won a game in Philly since 1965 ...We are due ..Go Steelers

I have a trend play that comes up with an under on that Cincy game...i will be playing alot of unders this weekend just trying to wait out a point or 2 on some...GLTA

Go, Steelers. :shake:

I hear ya, bro, regarding the trends for that under. But despite all of Cincy's problems, i just can't see Carson continuing to have zero production...and a QB rating in the 30s, for c's sake. But all they have to contribute to the total are 2 tds. Even though i think they'll be adding a bit more than that...that should be all that's necessary, with the Giants taking care of the rest.

Marlo :shake:
BAR :shake:
Tito :shake:
(added GB tonight)

2 additions...

GB (+3) @ (+100) for 1.5
and
NO/DEN o50.5 (-110) for 1.5

Even with the public on "america's team," the line was dropping...so i wanted to get GB +3 at even $ while i still could.
They have the better defense, home field, and some momentum/confidence..while dallas is off a short week...and having issues both getting to the qb, and against the pass.
Rodgers may be lacking experience...but at least so far, he's taking much better care of the ball than Romo is.

Didn't want to play this over in Denver at first, even with so many trends pointing that way. But in the end, i couldn't resist. Two very good qbs...two teams that have shown the willingness to throw...and two teams that have been pretty damn bad defending the pass so far. Rivers put up over 370 yds in Denver last week...and even Campbell was able to take advantage of the New Orleans secondary, and have a big day. Anyhow, any way i slice this game...i just can't see either side not being able to throw up 24 to 28 pts in this one. With these offenses, just don't see where many stops will come from...considering what these defenses have shown to date.

GL Yanks. On GB with you. Pittsburgh is a scary one though- on the road against a mad Philly team off a tough loss. Flip floppin on that one

thx, SF :shake:
thx, Jackal :shake:

let's make it a good sunday.

2 late additions...

Atlanta (-6)
and
Houston (+4.5)

joining the crowd on the falcons. just don't see kc making much of a game of it, considering everything.
and tough to go against such a great defense in tenny...but with their issues, and with houston getting a hurrican-induced bye week, i like the spot...catching this many pts.

:cheers:

don't really think we're on anything together.. but don't think we're against on anything either.. well, except the Giants total.. but that'll even out as I'm adding the Denver OVER as well... I like that one.

gl with your card Yanks.. looks good bud.

Back