broadwayjoe

May 5Dimes MLB 2nd place
preseason: 13-4 +9.10
sides: 6-5 +0.60
totals: 0-0
ml dogs: 2-9 -4.90
big plays: 1-3 -4.60
ytd: +0.20

pending season win totals (props 0-4 -2.00 so far)...

Cowboys UNDER 10.5 (+120)
Raiders OVER 6.5 (+145)
Dolphins OVER 5.5 (+105)
Panthers UNDER 7.5 (+150)

sunday...

Vikings -3.5 added 1 unit to Vikings -3

Phins +13

Texans/Titans OVER 40

Saints +6/ML +200

Bengals +13

Eagles -3.5

Jags +5/ML +180

sunday night...

Packers +3 (+100)/ML +135

monday..

Chargers -9 (-105)

Last edited:
week 2 recap:

well it has been a fucked up year so far. week 1 i was on the browns skins and raiders, and each team i wanted to swear off for the year...then in week 2 i talked myself out of overreaction on 2 of them...the browns for a big play and the raiders spread and ml...couldn't stomach the skins, and that was the closest to not cashing, so i was probably right on that one. jerome harrison falls on the fumble on the kickoff i cash that moneyline. eagles were back and forth all game; could have easily cashed that ml. lions led at home late in the fourth before an epic implosion; i could have easily cashed both the spread and the moneyline. what i can read between the lines of whining is that i did a lot better capping this week, and i actually came out ahead despite some very tough losses. i also learned it never pays to overreact and that you should trust some of the work you did in the offseason. things will even out. find value based on short-term perception...same old thing that has been workin in this league for years, although i've never seen this much turn around in 2 short weeks. makes things tough to cap.

other things i did good was the niners...sticking to my guns again there. cashed the ml (for once) as well. the bengal ARE that bad, maybe worse. kerry collins is just as good or better for the titans, and i'm not a vy hater either. eagles always play division opponents tough...getting a lot of hype right now and rightfully so. we'll see how they bounce back on a short week from a disheartening loss, against a team with momentum the other way after winning a game they easily could have lost against a division foe.

things i did wrong...well i've bet the rams two weeks in a row for one...that is obviously wrong. i still think they can upset the cowboys though, and i'll try to make that one of the only other times i back them this year...because they are terrible. i bet the phins 2 weeks in a row too; they are different than the rams and will come around and be competitive in games. i'm confident of this. and week one they could have easily covered. yet still, i jumped the gun on backing them with 4 units in one week. i've bet against the cards two weeks in a row. not smart. not sure how wrong i was, cuz i still think the bills are a different team away/home, but i underrated the bills nonetheless, which is not something i've done in two years really. love edwards, like their defense, they can run the ball, and then special teams obviously solid as hell. don't tell me the jets are frontrunners over this team in that division to maybe take the place of the pats...bills are a better all around team right now.

browns totals? i'm sure people hopped on the over train, and got burned.

don't get too high on the broncos. it's 2 weeks in and they're relying heavily on a rookie right now offensively. they still have very big defensive flaws and have historically been a different team away from home...lookin at these lines this week, you may be able to substitute buff and the giants in the near future as well.

before the year started would you see lines like this? i'd personally think they'd be set at gmen -10, buff -6.5, den -3...think 2 out of 3 of the other side of those have a good chance of hitting based on value alone

haven't locked anything in yet, but here's what i lean on every game...

kc
oak
tenn
cinci
wash
mia
chi
minn
st louis
sf
new orl
phil
jax
cle
gb
sd

totals:

kc under
oak over
cinci over
mia under
chi over
minn under
st louis over
gb under
sd over

Hey Joe - when you play a dog w/ the pts and ML - how do you split up the units on those plays?

Meaning: when you post Eagles +7/ML +250 - how do you allot the units?

Thanks and GL

Hey Joe - when you play a dog w/ the pts and ML - how do you split up the units on those plays?

Meaning: when you post Eagles +7/ML +250 - how do you allot the units?

Thanks and GL

tito; not the most popular way to do it, but i just play to win one unit on all of my plays with the points... and risk one unit on ml plays.

example:

Eagles +7 1.10 to win 1 unit
Eagles ML +250 1 unit to win 2.5 units

a lot of people say this isn't the best way to do it, and that you should double your size with the points, but i separate them in my head, and separate them in my record, because my goal throughout the season is to have a good record and good number of positive units both in ml dogs and in plays with the spread so i can better target where my improvement needs to be and measure my performance a little better.

big plays are 3 units (once in a great while 5), and are a little bit different. if i say *big play - eagles +7*/ml +250, it's 3.30 to win 3; and 1 unit to win 2.5 units still on the ml. the ml is still risking 1 unit.

once in a while, i'll also have a short ml that i play for a 3 unit play, and will be counted in the big play section..noted as *big play - browns ml +120*...this would be 3 units to win 3.60

hope this answers your question and isn't too confusing...

grabbed today:

Vikings -3.5

Phins +13

Saints +6

Packers +3 (+100)

Chargers -9 (-105)

waiting out some of these plays that i like for it to move a half point or for normal juice...raiders, bengals, jags, eagles, rams...those are the only other sides i'm considering at this point and i will prob only add one or two...still working through which ones will be at increased units, totals, and moneylines

It does Joe, thanks - I have several ML dogs this week I think I'm gonna play and trying to figure out how to play it -

Hate to see you on the Vikes - I have the Panthers
I do like the Pack a lot.

BOL this week -

with you on New Orleans, Pack, and SD

Against on Minnesota. I feel like a square, but betting getting points against ferotte and a not 100% AP, seems ok with me.

BOL 2m

final card updated in 1st post...

browns thoughts....they have a desperate game today. very desperate. da and lewis want this game more than others. they last time this team was in a desperate situation was the cinci game last year. i expect early mistakes that lead to the browns not being able to come back late. ravens is the only play here imo. i would lean over

no big plays today due to the amount of plays and due to sjsu last night...just trying to pick myself off the mat slowly. vikings i have 2 units on, and i would have looked at new orleans, gb, and cinci for my big plays...gl fellas

Gl Joe. I think the Saints will put a smile on your face this afternoon.probably hit them packers with you tonight.Just depends how my day goes.

sides: 7-1 +6.00
totals: 1-0 +1.00
ml dogs: 1-2 -0.20
this week: +6.80

still can't get the ml dogs rolling...almost took the two +550s that were offered on the phins and bengals, but laid off...

adding:

Jets/Chargers UNDER 45.5

Chargers 1h -6

gl tonight fellas

Back