06-07 NCAA: +47.4 total units
07-08 NCAA: +24.25 total units

08-09 NCAA: +2.95 units
Sides: 9-7 +2.15 units
Totals:
1st Halfs:
2nd Halfs: 0-1 -2.20 units

Teasers: 1-1 +3.00 units

Pretty much capped last weeks card like a 7th grade dropout. three plays coudln't have been more the wrong side and two of em were the right side IMO and didn't get the cash....is what it is...this weeks card is obviously pretty on the surface compared to the worst slate of games in NCAA history last week...GL this week fellas..

Saturday Sides:

Central Michigan -3 -110 (3 units)
Ohio State +10.5 -110 (2 units)
Ohio State ML +370 (1 unit)
BYU -7 -120 (2 units)
Oregon St -12.5 -110 (1 unit)
Vandy -7 -110 (2 units)

5 team 6 Point Teaser:
Risking 1 unit to win 4.5 units

Vandy -2.5
BYU -2
Georgia -1
Oregon -1.5
tOhio State +17.5

Leans:

Mississippi St +10.5
Fresno St +2

Last edited:
Central Michigan -3 -110 (3 units)….intriguing matchup in Athens this week…one thing Solich is doing is recruiting great athletes and much better athletes than what he came here with and that is going to show as soon as this year against the avg to below conference teams…they are young but talented…they are a game bunch, but the two games/results last week left this line a bit soft..i think 5.5 is fairer..CMU is most experienced group in the MAC….one thing I always look for when MAC schools play big schools OOC, is who comes away healthy…this has killed OU the last few years in getting beat up, esp up front in those games…I love what CMU did w/ LeFevrue Sat @ Georgia…he runs it just four times…in a game that matters, he prolly runs it 15…they protect t him, which is the smart thing to do…in turn, OU starting QB Theo Scott is lost to an apparent broken collarbone on a hit by will LB turned SS Jermale Hines…now Boo weekley is a more than serviceable backup…but the difference is the polish in the passing game…Boo threw 3 picks in his time last week and that was the difference….he was late on throws and rarely took the checkdown….Boo only threw three picks in JC but his passing prowess is what game Theo the job…mobility was a wash, even though they had a great spring battle….OU is fast up front but undersized…Richt raved about CMU’s front on offense and that bodes badly for the Bobcats…there’s some ridiculous stat, where the winner of the last 22 or something Chippewa games have reached 30 pts…I don’t see Ohio reaching that…too much youth in the backfield and nobody has grasped that starting TB role that McCrae vacated…OU is still green in the special teams game with a new kicker (had muffed punt by taylor price and allowed punt return for a TD, clip bedamned)…that can bite you square in the ass in a big game like this…I think Peden will have a nice turnout but believe it or not the uSC game will keep some away…a lot of tailgate parties for that game…courtesy of Steele and RJ, CMU also 18-6-1 ATS last 25 in conference….the QB differential here is too much to overcome…a top 2 (w/ Davis) vs a green JC transfer new to the offense w/ talent…just a little too clueless at this point….

Ohio State +10.5 -110 (2 units)
Ohio State ML +370 (1 unit)<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
I could talk all day about Ohio State games and most of the stuff is prolly slanted so what’s the point….most on the forum know, I rarely ever bet on their games….I understand this line, it makes sense, otherwise you are flooded with USC action….the public perception of Ohio State is in the toilet and USC is an ESPN/Vegas darling and the most bet team each week…their home lines are always inflated and this is no different…First Beanie…he practiced yesterday and Bollman/Tress ruled him 75% and quote “sore”….I think he 1600 yds last year 75% the entire game…Ray Ray is playing with one hand and a cast on the other..you need two to tackle Beanie…Cushing has a bad wrist also and missed last two days with a hip pointer…those that played football know that’s a bitch of a thing…Vidal Hazelton badly rolled his game in the VA game and is highly questionable to go…lets call the injuries a wash…two units will decide this game….the offensive lines of both teams and the QB’s of both teams….USC’s Oline is untested yet immensely talented…they are a small group which is important with what SC tries to do on offense…they like to get the oline down the field to the second level…check out McKnight’s TD run at VA…all five and Ayles were down the field with a hat in the second level or looking to put a hat on someone…the weakness of the Ohio State D last year was a young Dline….esp DT’s…they are actually undersized and that hurt vs LSU…this is a better matchup for Worthington, Larrimore, Denlinger, Abdallah, Heyward group…I say Heyward because he slides over in passing downs with Wilson and Thad on the outside…Wilson is the key to the group..he broke his leg on a leg whip in the Akron game and that hurt…he outplayed Gholston in camp and doesn’t take plays off like Gholston is known to do…Gibson is in the backfield every play but struggles in run contain as he’s a LEO turned DE…another undersized kid but the size of SC Oline helps here….this matchup has a chance to be very even, esp with the youth of SC…they are bound to make mistakes with their game experience …the otherside is the real key to tOSU….the oline has been very inconsistent, esp on the right side…if they need a yard they are going left vs the 700 lbs and 16’6’’ of Boone and Rehring…Browning is new at RT and he has to play well…Griffen will be lined up on Boone a lot which is a good thing for tOSU…this group has to play well or Boeckman will struggle…I’m rambling and not really saying much so I’ll leave it at that….but I think the pro style matchup vs the OSU D is a better matchup for us…also, mobile ( I mean scrambling down the field) has been what’s killed this D…LSU just mauled them with size up front and the TE, but the last two years an extremely mobile QB has really hurt them….Sanchez is mobile IN THE Pocket…but he’s not scrambling twenty yds down the field juking LB’s…there’s a difference…

BYU -7 -120 (2 units)…..I hardly ever buy pts unless it’s to three, but going to here..just based on last years two close games these two teams played…reality check for the lovefest in La I think…they played great both times last year, esp on D keeping the Cougs to 17 both times…but only one player returns from that seconder, although he’s a good one in Alterrean Verner….but the other three are new…injuries have to catch up to UCLa…beyond Kraft forced into action…starting Rb, TE, and WR out here….assuming Bell doesn’t go…too much to overcome vs a team of this much experience and grit esp on the road…I think BYU has the experience at Oline and QB to beat that young secondary..and I don’t see UCLA scoring much….

Oregon State -12.5 -110 (1 unit)….I can’t believe I’m actually backing this group for the third straight week but wtf….I still have a ton of confidence in Mike Riley…the Stanford game was winnable and they’ve now shown that one trip a year in nonconference they just arent’ going to show up for…that was last week vs a PSU buzzsaw…home crowd hopefully helps that young D play w/s ome swagger as you can just see them playing slow thinking way too much…the coaches have said this group actually has more talent and is faster but hasn’t translated yet…I like the chances of that happening this week..gonna get a chance to pin u’re ears back and tee off vs this offense…in show me mode though, so a small one unit play….

You may have been what puts me over the top on the Chips..been right on the edge since I first saw that line.

Never saw this coming btw..

Ohio State ML +370 (1 unit)

Not much I could do with the moneyline anways, but I'm not going to hedge anyways...the game will be won/lost/ ATS by our Oline...sure Boom/Saine/Mo will miss cutbacks Beanie wouldn't have, etc...but we have to win the LOS to cover the bet....

I would cap the game assuming Beanie won't play...I hope he does but it's less than 50/50 after this morning.

GL Jump. I passed on the OSU game but I will pull for you. I am tired of OSU in championship games but I despise USC. I am pulling for OSU to kick them in the nuts in Cali.HA

went ahead on placed:

Vandy -7 -110 (2 units)...

Don't want bob to plow into it and be stuck with a 8.5....I thought this coach should have been fired last year but god knows they brought him back..now minus earl bennett et al, they seemed to have gotten their shit together...that said, i think they were a bowl team before the injuries came about last year...Rice has a nice offense and is much improved from the 3-9 season last year, but their D is far behind...Memphis pretty much had their way with them for 50 mins last week before 29 fourth quarter pts got the SU win...I haven't seen steele's notes yet, but i'm sure it made the deceiving score category...the strength of Vandy's D is the secondary, specifically the corners and that bodes will here...they will run it at rice and should maul them up front both ways....it's a terrible spot off the SU win in a big conference game last week...but at least it's at home and it's a soft, soft line...i made it 14.5..maybe that's undervaluing rice, but this is still likely to be a not good football team besides the start ...they are a little too one dimensional...also helps the letdown spot imo that rice actually got the su win along with the cash in memphis...might not seem like a big win but it was for the program...memphis isn't great, but was a bowl team last year..for rice to go on the road and get the victory primes them for a letdown as well...

I like your plays and your leans , jump.
My card has byu, CMU, Miss state, Duke, and Fresno.
I've taken the other side in your Vandy game- I'm counting a lot of Owl points in that one and just maybe after last week's big win that Vandy can't keep up.
Good write ups and Good luck :shake:

Eliminated several leans...some quick thoughts on those..

N Mexico St...too many good cappers against me first of all...Mort the Flying Cow makes some really compelling arguments for Zona here...I liked the 200 yds that lobos had outgained the Aggies last week but Bar makes a good point about how many of them were in garbage time coming back from 18 down..that said the turnovers are what caused them to get in such a whole..I think if they limit them we don't know waht Zona has on D yet...but you need a good O to cover double digit spreads on the road and Zona apparently has one now...line is inflated but not playing it...the line itself tells you what kind of respect Zona is garnering from people who set these things for a living...

Maryland...this is a wet dream for a player like myself...I'm big into situational handicapping and you can't find a worse spot for CAL than this one...but we've had many people around the MD program on the board this week pretty much say they expect this to be a blowout...I'll respect that...I think the Terps get the cash here though...can't find a better spot...and CAL has shown us they won't show up about once a year in a spot just like this...

Duke...almost pulled the trigger...but simple fact...they've won two games w/ Thaddeus under center in his CAREER...I can't go laying points all the sudden just cause Cutliffe has them interested...show me mode...you just can't lay points with Duke based on expectation...too much track record..show me.

Syracuse....they are just that bad...once again, situational dream...PSU maybe has a good enough offense though...they've showed many a time to be a TURRIBLE road team...but still, SU is so, so bad and not very interested at that...all these WR's for PSU have been talked about for three years...maybe they've decided to live up to the hype..or maybe Clark should have been starting three years ago and Morelli shoulda gone to some Prep school (more likely)...they have good backs..a great Oline...42 to Akron? PSU shouldn't punt...but for some reason can't get that Iowa game outta my mind from two years ago...a seven play stand from and goal to escape as a +20 fave w/ just a wind...gut says SU gets the cash fairly easily...but they might just be that bad w/ no motivation...bad combo..should be a snoozefest though...

added 5 team 6 Point Teaser:

Risking 1 unit to win 4.5 units

Vandy -2.5
BYU -2
Georgia -1
Oregon -1.5
tOhio State +17.5

Glad to see you're still alive after last night's debacle. CMU pushing killed any hope of a very profitable week.

Better luck next week.

Ohio is looking like one of the better teams in the MAC and CMU is looking abit overrated.

Glad to see you're still alive after last night's debacle. CMU pushing killed any hope of a very profitable week.

Better luck next week.

Ohio is looking like one of the better teams in the MAC and CMU is looking abit overrated.

CMU defense has not come together yet.

Solich is a good coach ... ohio is a hardluck 0-3 and they could argue that they outplayed wyoming , tosu , and cmu .....

Back