Week 3 CFB

jimmymo

Beer and Betting Belong Together
two late adds (oregon; SDSU) turned great week into good one

week 1 (1-3)
week 2 (8-5)

Getting on one now before it drops...don't see it getting to 10

USC +8 1/2 @ Stanford

Both BYU and Nebraska on radar..Rutgers too maybe, as they are not as bad as the UW made them look week 1 and in particular looked solid against the run...UNM can't throw, off a biggie and shitty to begin with

thx capt....good luck to you too.

quick stream of thought on Colorado/UM game.....Buffs are good and fast and I think they will present a very good challenge this week to the wolves...I think we will find out a lot about both teams.....Mac is a very good coach and think this team will rise up and I will likely be on the points when it hits 21....Buffs D coordinator coached under Harbaugh in SF, although I am trying to figure out if that benefits Buffs or Wolves....turnovers and "big stage" could be too much for buffs, but I think they go in and wave the p12 flag as they are big/strong/experienced up front and have good speed...most underrated team in P12 right now imo....a single digit game would shock me much, much less than at 20+ point wolves win....Mich looks like they have work to do on the offensive side....going to call this on 30-21 Michigan....

Hey Jimmy - Thoughts on Portland State game? I went O53.5. When looking at last weeks box scores I saw P State lost 35-66 to SJSU. They turned it over 6 times but still had an incredible 7.02 ypp and gave up 7.93 ypp. Looks like they turned it over in bad areas also as SJSU pretty much started every drive at midfield. I won't pretend to know anything about P State but figured you may as they seem to be a warm up for a few of the PNW schools every year? Seems likely that Wash could take care of this number on their own or P State could certainly help contribute as well. Anything else to add or anything I'm missing? Thanks buddy

JFC CK....I don't know where you saw 52.5, but I would be jumping on that for a Max Bet.....Even if PSU gets shut out, the UW will get there themselves....

Put aside the Sac State game -- in PSU's opener, they hosted Central Wasington and gave up 445 yards (6 ypp) and the score was very close until very late in the game -- there is just know way I can see them stopping the UW until the third string gets in -- even the 2nd string offense should score quickly.

My only concern is CP being a gentleman and running the ball the last 40 minute of the game after a 4 TD lead........I won't see a line/total on this until Thursday or Friday and have to think it will be up 6 points by then.....60-6 seems about right.

JFC CK....I don't know where you saw 52.5, but I would be jumping on that for a Max Bet.....Even if PSU gets shut out, the UW will get there themselves....

Put aside the Sac State game -- in PSU's opener, they hosted Central Wasington and gave up 445 yards (6 ypp) and the score was very close until very late in the game -- there is just know way I can see them stopping the UW until the third string gets in -- even the 2nd string offense should score quickly.

My only concern is CP being a gentleman and running the ball the last 40 minute of the game after a 4 TD lead........I won't see a line/total on this until Thursday or Friday and have to think it will be up 6 points by then.....60-6 seems about right.

lol, cheers Jimmy. Thanks! I'm on your Huskies to win PAC 12 at little over 3-1 and I like the start so far against the cupcakes. I even bought a Huskies hat I wear to the gym! People look at me sideways in Atlanta

Himmmmmmm....I guess I am going to play now with the thought I do not see better numbrers

Colorado +20 1/2 @ Michigan........

Rutgers -5 1/2 v. New Mexico...

Radar includes Nebraska, Washington State, Kentucky, Duke.....GL

Sucker for Marshall last few year....missed great line, but still biting..........

Marshall -17 (-115) v. akron.....

Boston College going to be a play....waiting out getting 7 again....not sure if it will pop, but can't understand why VTech getting public backing here....

Mind sharing thoughts on Wash St. I'm very close to playing them so maybe you can give me a nudge.

Mind sharing thoughts on Wash St. I'm very close to playing them so maybe you can give me a nudge.

I lean to Wazzu, but I doubt I will eventually play. A few thoughts here. First, there is a LOT going I on right now over as Wazzu that can have an impact -- Leach is calling out his team and while you "think" that would provide a lot of motivation, you just never know -- something tells me that at some point, the players will just have enough of his bullshit act and go the other way -- is it now? probably not, as they have a very solid leader in Luke Falk and that can help keep things balanced and in check. But, lots going on that can have a negative impact

Also, Leach called out the Pullman police department and the President and AD met with the police department yesterday -- Leach is making claims that the police are unfairly targeting WSU football players -- of course, he could tell his players to stop assaulting people and stealing their shit!!

Idaho's campus is 8 miles away, so this is a huge game for Idaho. From a football standpoint, I saw enough from the Idaho offense to think they can move the ball on WSU at times -- one think you need to have with a big spread is a D that will get plenty of stops and allow you to pull away. Idaho's QB (Linehan) is experienced and there is a chance they can keep pace for a while.

The WSU Offense is going to score, so it is just a matter of the Coug D getting stops -- I think Wazzu scores 45+, so it boils down to whether Idaho can get into the 20s or better.

History says that WSU owns this game and I would't be surprised if the Cougs respond to Pirate Jackass and play out of their ass and cover -- just not sure.

Best of luck.......

Back