Week 3 CFB Junk

jimmymo

Beer and Betting Belong Together
Will have a lot of thoughts/info later, but getting this one in at the number I can now......likely the only play this week

Washington -4 v. washington state.....5 units

They might be in a million parlays for me

Could be wrong, but am of the opinion that the Monday tout releases will send this line up to 6(ish) --- I think it should be 7 or more -- working to get this spread out across outs that have it up (waiting on a few)....just so much lines up here for me

Some quick cliff notes on my thoughts, as this is shaping up to be long, busy week and not sure how much time.......
  • Game is being played at Lumin Field in Seattle -- technically neutral, but will be more of a home game for the UW
  • IMO, the pre-season estimation of losses to the UW's roster has been vastly overstated -- I have said this before and this team has a lot of talented skill position guys
  • UW's two games to date have been win/cover over Weber State and win/no-cover over E. Michigan
  • Box score of the EMU game shows a very one-sided game and the UW really should have covered -- I think they may have been looking a bit ahead and got sloppy/uninterested a bit late -- still, the box shows a 501-204 total yard advantage
  • UW's biggest question marks coming into season was Will Rogers and the O-line -- I think they are both performing well and Rogers is very experienced and played a really solid game against EMU -- I expect him to shred the WSU secondary
  • WSU coming into the game 2-0, both SU and ATS
  • WSU actually lost a ton from last year's team, maybe even more-so than the UW
  • WSU off what appear to be a super-impressive win over texas tech -- however, the Box tells a different story. Despite winning by 21 points, the Cougs were actually outgained by Tech, giving up almost 500 yards of total offense -- 4 Tech turnovers was the big difference
  • I know it was a blowout, but WSU gave up 450 yards to Portland State, which included nearly 300 in the first half (note that PSU threw a pick 6 on the Coug 4 yard line going int for a TD in the 1st H)
  • I REALLLY think the Coug defense has issues and I REALLY think the UW will have its way on offense
  • Another quick data point --- the teams that the UW and WSU played in week 1 just played each other in week 2 -- Weber State won that game 43-16 and outgained Portland State 535 to 240.
  • Last point and not least -- the COUGS are shaping up right now as a public darling of a dog.

UW in a semi-laugher -- UW 40 WSU 22

Going to add one more here......

Indiana -3 @ ucla....2 units....just cannot help but get on the Foster fade-train...simply cannot get that Hawaii game out of my mind where they looks completely undisciplined and even a bit disorganized at times...tip my cap if the bruins show up with a much better version of themselves, which will take against this under-the-radar good Hoosier team

Was pondering all afternoon/evening about coming back with post-game thoughts on the Apple Cup and really have just come up empty with anything short/sweet. Was the UW clearly the right side here? No, that is not the case. That said, neither was the WSU side in my opinion. It was just one of the weirdest games I have seen in a long time. 16 UW penalties (a few SUPER critical) and some really really bad coaching decisions cost the UW the win/cover.

UW still had a chance to win at then end and were partially gifted the chance from WSU. This UW team is pretty talented, but very young. UW has the better D for sure imo and the offenses pretty even.

Would I make the bet again tomorrow knowing what I know now? I don't think so.........

Thank god for Indiana........a bit of salvation......I am 4-4 on posted plays and down a couple of units and juice.....not the worst start I have ever had, not the best.....week 4 coming up

Back