Week 3 1-AA Discussion

hoopsstar22

Captain of Vanzack's yacht
Some 1A -1AA match-ups that could be interesting to look at. But of course plays will depend on the line....

Just a quick run through while I wait for totals, but I'll look into them more in depth later......

Wofford @ NC State - Wofford lost 27-20 to the Gamecocks last year, but are ranked #10 in 1-AA polls. Will be interesting to see how many they get.

Missouri St. @ Kansas St. - Missouri St. was 2-9 against 1-AA last season, and has played a garbage D2 team, and gave up 44 against Tenn-Martin.

Norfolk St @ Rutgers - Homecoming for Rutgers, coupled with NSt.'s first ever meeting with a 1-A program.

Also interesting will be...

New Hampshire @ Marshall... Marshall shot it's load last week, and looked vulnerable to the pass when WVU decided to throw it. UNH got beat up against another 1-AA power in James Madison, but yet only dropped to #11 in the polls.

Who knows, maybe there won't be any plays, but its always goo to get some discussion started.

Wofford runs an option offense that SC can't defend (ULL). Very possible NC State could overlook them and the option offense causes all types of fits for them.

another one worth taking a look at may be georgia against western carolina as georgia should score points similar to what alabama did. I also like this matchup because georgia just lost a heartbreaker last week as i expect them to get back on track this week and giving their true frosh running back (forget his name, but he is awesome) a fair workload.

GL this week.

another one worth taking a look at may be georgia against western carolina as georgia should score points similar to what alabama did. I also like this matchup because georgia just lost a heartbreaker last week as i expect them to get back on track this week and giving their true frosh running back (forget his name, but he is awesome) a fair workload.

GL this week.

the frosh is Knowshon Moreno

Another one that could be interesting.... The Citadel traveling to Wisconsin. The Badgers shitty showing in Vegas with the Citadel spanking a NAIA team 76-0 last week could put some value in Wisky.

I'm looking to bet New Hampshire...big letdown spot with Marshall playing WVU last week and going to Cincy next week. I really like this UNH team (despite getting blown out by JMU), as they return a lot of guys and have a very potent offense. I think they could beat the Herd.

Not that it is very important but it is interesting. New Hampshire lost it's backup qb to murder charges.

Right there with you on UNH linde. They were leading most of the game. Up 17-10, 24-17, yet still threw for 353 yards on 36-47 passing. So it's not like they were trying to throw their way back into the game. But a couple of costly interceptions made the score what it was.

Marshall's D didn't look all that impressive. Sure, they "looked" tough in the 1st half with WVU running nothing but screen plays and trying to weakly run the ball up the middle, but I think if NH airs it out, the Herd could be in trouble.

It doesn't look like they can stop the run, but the JM QB ran for 130 yards. Will we see that from the Herd? I don't know.

But let's not forget that JMU has been a 1-AA power for years, so it's not like they were some scummy team out there.

I would say hold off on Alcorn State. There would have to be a pretty large line, IMO.

Sounds like their QB is/was hurt, and the offense is pretty inept.

Maybe if its a bunch of points, perhaps, but I just don't think they'll score.

what the hell happened

I think he was with some buddies at the bar in California, and they got in a fight with some drunk dude.

They fought a little, then cooled down.

But I think they got shitty, and then went to the guys house and beat him up. From what I remember, one of his buddies punched the guy in the jaw, knocked him out, and the guy hit his head and died. I don't think he did the actual beating, but he was there.

That just what I can remember from ESPN. I could be a little off though.

I like McNeese St in their rivalry game w/ ULL . They've got the athletes to compete with Sunbelt teams. How come the lines aren't out??

See guys, thats wh its awesome to have a great discussion about these games.

I would totally have missed McNeese St. Ranked #10 in 1-AA, I would think they would have a shot against a Sun Belt team, like you said Hoss.

I think USC was looking way ahead to the Georgia game, when the Cajuns came to town with that rushing attack.

I would also think McNeese would have a recruiting edge over ULL as well. I mean I'd rather be in the hunt for a 1-AA National Championship, than being a 1-A bottom dweller, getting the piss beat out of me a few games a year.

Wow, McNeese held 1-AA #13 Protland St. to -10 yards rushing on 24 attempts. Perhaps they can shut the Cajun run machine down.

UGA came out at -45 which is too high for me, the most i probally would of payed would of been 37 or 38

WIsky looks good although with their struggles at UNLV i will probally just leave it alone

Baylor -17 against Texas State....

Texas State just lost 45-27 to a D2 school, that just broke into the top 25, at 24, because of this win.

UNH has a very good air attack. Also, I think they were #6ish 1-AA last week, lost, and only dropped to 11 this week.

QB is reigning 1-AA POY.

Alcorn St. +34.5 against UAB

UAB might be caught looking ahead to the Conference Opener against Tulsa. 5TD's seems like a lot for this team to be laying.

oh ok, good info on UNH b/c to tell you the truth i probally would of took it not even knowing....Another good point is that the defense probally feels so deflated from last week's 2nd half collapse against WVU.

Appalachian State -20 against N. Arizona.... 1u

Its family weekend in the mountains. I look for a crowd of close to 30k, in a stadium that holds 16k. Last week's game saw 28k+ come out for a matchup against a D2 school, a 48-7 route in their "let down" game.

Maine +10 at Villanova... 1u

The Bears return 7 from the Nations #1 1-AA Defense last year, including 3 of the top 4 tacklers. They also return 8 on the offensive side.

The last 3 meetings between these schools have been low scoring, seeing Maine average 18.3, and Nova only 10.3. I'll gladly take 10 points.

Bitches gave us no value with UNH. Really wanted to take them, but +6?

Of course I pussied out with Northern Iowa last week, and that hit SU.

Yup. Second week in a row I pussed out, too.

I had Appy St. at +30.5, locked and loaded, clicked cancel instead of submit.
Same deal with NIU last week. Just couldn't hit submit, because of the low line.
And now this week, another low line, and another moose knuckle in my pants, instead of balls. Lets watch UNH win SU by 10.

The Worfford line also pissed me off a little too. Opened at 13, and now down to 11.5. But them giving up 24 to Charleston Southern, just wouldn't let me hit it.

I just canceled Appalachian State. I don't have a good feeling about some things, and that 20 leaves a real good chance for a back door, and N.Az is definitely talented enough to do that.

So my final 1-AA card reads.....

Wisconsin -38 .... 1u
Baylor -17 ......... 1u
Alcorn St +34.5... .5u
Maine +10.......... 1u

GL today fellas.....

Yup. Second week in a row I pussed out, too.

Lets watch UNH win SU by 10.

Wow Linde, missed the boat again, like I said I would.

Overall, pretty shitty day. 2-2 down about .8u

Wisconsin -38 .... 1u L
Baylor -17 ......... 1u L
Alcorn St +34.5... .5u W
Maine +10.......... 1u W

Just have to do better next week.

This is driving me fucking nuts. Missed two easy winners with UNH and Alcorn State. 2nd week in a row I could've made some money from this stuff...

It's not even like the Marshall game was close. UNH blew them out.

Back