party0010.gif

wavetowel2.gif
CFB 2007
(13-12)
wavetowel2.gif

POD (1-0)

***No Units will be listed but will list stronger plays***
MattMan_foshizzle.gif

Games that I post the night before, usually will use stats prior to that night's games. I do take into effect(in my thougth process) what transpired that night.

onto some thoughts....

Well there has been a lot of information on this site over the past few months. Everyone should be commended for their jobs in the Summer. Lets not forget, that it will be a long season and the work is just getting started. None the less, I expect a great season for all members of the site....God Bless and GL

Look Back At Week 1:

Parity! That is about the only word that can describe college football right now. I really do not think that there really is that superior conference. It seems that every conference/team has flaws. Everyone is saying that teams(the typical powerhouses)looked "unmotivated" and under prepared. I agree a little bit but some of these teams that lost or struggled were really out played.

Michigan/Appalachian State- Teams get upset, I get that BUT Michigan did not get "upset" or shocked, they just got bullied. I never thought I would see the day a D1AA player scores and taunts 110,000 strong at The Big House. Dexter Jackson's 68 TD reception was pretty shocking. He was running away from the secondary. More speed at a D1AA school than at Michigan? He later told reporters, "I told them to be quiet- we're going to be out here all day...We're playmakers. They were talking trash on us. Now we've gotten them back. Now lets look back at the game. Why were all of Michigan's "scrubs" sub'd in throughout the first half? Message to Lloyd Carr- I would leave (arguably) the best RB in the nation on the field, especially when you are down by 2 TDs.

Furthermore, Appalachian State is a good team and I would like to think they would give several D1 schools problems. Those schools being Akron, Mississippi State, and Duke.

I have to give it up to Andre Ware who predicted that scUM would go 7-5 this year. I drank the Michigan Kool Aid and am looking for anyway to get off the OVER 10 for the year.

Looking Ahead (Oregon and more)
All I hear is that SCum's schedule does not get any easier bla bla bla....They have Oregon this week, in which I think it will be a tricky game to bet. I usually live off these types of situations*. I love betting Team A (coming off a terrible home loss) against Team B (coming in as a solid team with high expectations). The "public" (including myself and all of you) saw Michigan get beat. The line should reflect that accordingly. * The reason I said usually is because of the Llyod Carr facter. I usually love this spot but I have no idea what to expect from him... Will his team be ready to play? How will Oregon come into this game? It is not that "big game" now with Michigan losing Week 1. One thing for sure is that there should be plenty of points. Oregon has a lot of speed on the outside, which will give Michigan trouble. I am very interested to see where this line ends up. I think Michigan, despite Lloyd Carr, will follow senior leaders to a W....After Oregon, Michigan has Notre Dame (bad team but it is a rivalry game), then they get another fast team at home(Penn State). I could see a OVER, Michigan, OVER type bets in the next 3. They get a nice break before the end of their schedule (Northwestern, Eastern Michigan, Purdue, and Illinois). That Illinois is a night game on the road, but I do not see much of a problem there. That Purdue game should be in the 70s...

Ohio State/Youngstown State

Ohio State, surprisingly, kept a loose offense in tact. Jim Tressal did not go back to the conservative look in their first game. Todd Boeckman looked impressive, going 17-23 for 2 TDs. Brian Robiskie continued his success from last season with 9 catches for 153 yards. On a positive note, 4 freshman got into the end zone for OSU (Brnadon Saine, Dane Sanzenbacger, Devon Torrence and Taurian Washington). Saine was pretty impressive with 10 carries for 42 yards. He showed his explosiveness in a big run that got called back. What was shocking, is that Chriss Wells only had 48 yards on 16 carries. OSU does not seemed to be concerned though...noting rustiness. This was one of his first days with contact all year.

The defense looked very good in stopping a pretty good YSU offense. YSU averaged over 31 ppg last year and had everyone back. I know they are a D1AA school, but they have a decent offense. A big loss for the Buckeyes defense is D-End Lawrence Wilson. He left the game early but seemed "ok". I learned late last night that he suffered a broken leg and will be out 6-8 weeks. It is very possible that they might just have him hang it up for the year and use a RS.

Akron/Army

This was my biggest bet of the week(under). There were a couple of "freak" scores in this game but it still stayed under. Akron's defense bent a couple of times BUT never broke. They looked good. Offensively, they used Jabari Arthur's 6'4" frame very well... For those who do not know, Arthur(who is a senior now) was Mr. Football of Canada his senior year in high school. He was a QB. Also, he got drafted 6th overall this past year in the CFL. He was recruited by Cuse and NC State but chose Akron because he could play QB lol. Well, now he is a receiver. He had 11 catches for 125 yards. Akron looked pretty impressive but will continue to be a strong UNDER team throughout the year.

Akron vs Ohio State

I do not see how Akron gets on the board in this one. Even against Army, Akron score a TD on a Pick 6 and score again on a kick return to the 20. I doubt Akron will be able to dominate the special teams against Ohio State. Malcolm Jenkins (one of the best corners in the nation) will be matched up with Arthur. With Harvey still out, Akron will not have another serious threat. With that being said, I think Akron will be able to "contain" Ohio State. Reggie Corner should give Brian Hartline some problems. Beenie Wells is not fully healthy... I think Ohio State will continue to tune up for the Big 10 season. They will use many players and try many things. Also, Jim Tressal is all about Ohio football, and will not look to Steve Spurrier another Ohio team....UNDER

Illinois/Missouri

As expected this game had a lot of scoring...I was impressed that Illinois kept the game as close as they did. Also, I think that Eddie Mcgee, if not better, as good of a QB as Juice Williams. Williams reminds me too much of that dude from UL Monroe. Yes, he will make a spectacular play but he misses too many of the easy plays. Mcgee was 17-31 for 255+ yards. Yes he threw 2 picks, one in crunch time BUT in a normal setting he looked good. Missouri had 2 huge plays that changed the face of the game (100 yard fumble return and a 66 yard punt return). It will be interesting to watch the status of Juice throughout the week...

The look ahead?
The Illini have Wester Illinois zzzz
Missouri travels to Mississipi for a late afternoon/early night game. More thoughts on this one later on in the week.​

Texas/Arkansas State

This is another example of a decent team being overhyped on Summer. Arkansas State missed 2 FGs, dropped a few picks, and one in the end zone. We could easily be talking about 2 of the biggest upsets in college football history. Truth be told, I do not think Texas is that good of a team. I only saw portions of the game but Colt Mccoy did not seem like he progressed. With that being said, this could just be a fluke (Texas people can answer that) and Texas could be fine.​

The Lookahead
Texas has a very interesting game coming up with TCU. TCU will compete for 60 minutes IMO. I think this will be a low scoring game....UNDER and TCU leans...​

Eastern Carolina

I like this team a lot. Like Appalachian State, ECU looked to have mismatches in the "athlete dept." I think they ECU will be good sides the next two weeks (UNC at home and Southern Piss at home).​

Va Tech- LSU

Excited to see this line. 2 tough defenses.... like the under already....​

lol I am just throwing random thoughts out there... I will have more throughout the week....

OREGON STATE -2.5 (hook) LOSS

Rutgers -13.5 (hook) WIN

Miami OH + 11 also took Minny at -8.5

Temple -1.5

Akron +33

MSU -14 (hook)

Michigan -6.5 also took Oregon at 8.5

PSU -12 (POD)

Utah State + 24.5

UCLA -7 (hook)

West Virginia -23.5 (hook)

Auburn -6.5 (hook)

Mizzou - 6

Nebraska -6.5 (hook)

Hawaii -27.5

LSU -12

Miami(FL) +10.5 (hook)

Baylor -6.5 (POD)

Tennessee - 10 (hook)

Akron OSU UNDER 49.5

ECU -5 (POD)

:cheers:​

Last edited:
Games locked in
Rutgers -13.5 (hook)
Miami OH + 11
Temple -1.5
Akron +33
MSU -14 (hook)
CAL -16.5
Michigan -6.5
PSU -12

Last edited:
some nice line movement on those so far....

Rutgers (+.5)
Miami Ohio (+2)
Temple (+2)
akron (3.5)
MSU (+2.5)
CAL (-2)
Michigan (+.5)
Penn State (+4.5)

looking at Washington as a home doggy against B State

Well done hitting Akron. I thought it was way too high at 33, but by the time the Greek opened it, it was 29.5. Hoping it pushes back toward 31.

Great job getting these lines.

Thanks DMoney...I agree that this line is way too high but OSU can still cover. Akron will have a very tough time moving the ball... This seems to be a game where it could be 13-0 at the half then 20-0 and OSU puts two late score in to win 34-0. With that said I can not wait to see the total in this game. Also, I think this line still has another point to drop....

What are your boys going to do this Friday or Thursday....they play week day game right?

Sexy thread...

Your qoutes about the UM game only confirm even more the overconfident approach they brought. Hart was out insecond with injury...tight hammy I believe. He said after game it just tightened up and he rode Bike for a bit. Mighta been a quad.

Congrats on getting PSU at -12. Thats an awesome number. I would honestly take the game up to -19 b/c I don't see Notre Dame scoring at all. However you've got to love it at 12.

dwight...

I said under 20..hammer it...

so,...opening offshore number was a joke

lol

PLAYS AS OF NOW

OREGON STATE -2.5 (hook)

Rutgers -13.5 (hook)

Miami OH + 11

Temple -1.5

Akron +33

MSU -14 (hook)

CAL -16.5

Michigan -6.5

PSU -12

Utah State + 24

UCLA -7 (hook)

Auburn -6.5 (hook)

Mizzou - 6

Nebraska -6.5 (hook)

Hawaii -27.5

LSU -12

Miami(FL) +10.5 (hook)

Baylor -6.5

Tennessee - 10 (hook)

Akron OSU UNDER 49.5

Last edited:
bigrak- thanks man gl to you this weekend

mags- lol maybe but as of now there is no real BIG game for me...gl this weekend

Thanks guys...

Frank- think I might have a couple for ya....Also, it would be PSU - 12 but I wont put that on there because of the line movement (most people got that line at 17 or more)....

thanks BAR

OREGON STATE -2.5 (hook) LOSS

Rutgers -13.5 (hook) WIN

Miami OH + 11 also took Minny at -8.5

Temple -1.5

Akron +33

MSU -14 (hook)

Michigan -6.5 also took Oregon at 8.5

PSU -12 (POD)

Utah State + 24.5

UCLA -7 (hook)

Auburn -6.5 (hook)

Mizzou - 6

Nebraska -6.5 (hook)

Hawaii -27.5

LSU -12

Miami(FL) +10.5 (hook)

Baylor -6.5 (POD)

Tennessee - 10 (hook)

Akron OSU UNDER 49.5

ECU -5 (POD)

looks to be the card....GLA and god bless<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->​

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">What a shitty lookin card..gl though:prayer

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Back