CTG Partner
2007:
NFL ATS: 3-1-0, +3.90 units

NFL ML: 0-0, +0.00 units
NFL O/U: 1-1-0, -0.10 units
Teasers: 1-0, +2.35 units
------------------------------
NFL Total/YTD: 5-2-0, +6.15 units

Gonna take my time w/ this week. There's a whole bunch of home dogs that have me thinkin' twice regarding some plays. (Hopefully not just over-thinking, lol.) But in any case, found a line i wanted earlier today, and made my first play of week two. (And as always, i'll add any additional plays into this post as well...if/when i make them.)

Sunday 9/16

San Diego (+4) over New England (-110) for 2 units

Will be back w/ some more thoughts on this stellar matchup, for sure. But i really like this spot for the Chargers. Their defense is outstanding...and arguably every bit as good as the Bears or Ravens. (And we know NE won't have any cameras pointed across the way at any SD defensive coaches this particular game, lol.) Fully expect their offense, especially LT, to improve a great deal over their week one performance. And we have quite a bit of a revenge factor from last year's playoff loss, for SD. Don't think it'll be anywhere near as dramatic...but i do think this game will be somewhat like that '05 trip SD made to NE, where they waxed them 41-17 early in that season. No blowout, i mean, by any means...but i do believe they take this game SU on Sunday night, just the same. So i'll also be following up this play w/ a little somthin' on the ML shortly...and i'll get back here w/ a more detailed opinion on this game.

Happy capping this week. And watch out for some of those home dogs. They won't all come in...but one or two will come barking at the public, when it's all said and done.

:cheers:

I'd lean to SD based on what you said about LT and the Chargers O. I'm sure they will look to have a much better game this week.

Steed, BigRak, Precise, tsadams, Believe...

thanks guys :cheers:

i'll have the rest of my week two card up in a few.

(almost) my final card for week two

Almost...because i still need to look at the MNF game. But other than that possability, this should be about it.

Also, rather then mess w/ my first post in this thread, i'm just gonna list them all here instead.

Sunday 9/16

San Diego (+4) over New England (-110) for 2 units

(i'm not playing this +4 again. i'm just copying/pasting it from that 1st post above, made the other day, to have it w/ the rest of my plays. but below are the additions from today...the new plays.)

San Diego ML (+175) over New England for 1 unit

(as promised, i went back to add the ML on this game. shopped around today, and +175 was the best i could find.)

Buffalo (+10) over Pittsburgh (-110) for 1.5 units

Cincinnati (-6.5) over Cleveland (-110) for 1.5 units

Oakland (+10) over Denver (-110) for 1.5 units

San Francisco (+3) over St Louis (-105) for 1 unit

Arizona (+3) over Seattle (-115) for 1.5 units

Minnesota/Detroit over 42.5 (-110) for 1 unit

Seattle/Arizona over 42.5 (-110) for 1 unit

(other than the SD play, i've scaled back a bit on my wagered amounts this week. too much 2nd guessing, maybe...but just treading a bit more cautiously with this week's card.)

Lastly, i went and added another teaser into the mix. Yes, i know...one of these teams will screw it up most likely. Just don't have the will power when it comes to the NFL...but in any case, here's the 9 pt teaser i've played for Sunday.

JAX(-2) to NO(+6) to DAL(+6) to BAL(-2) to CHI(-4)
1 unit to win 2.05

So, to sum up...other than the MNF game, this should be about it for my Week #2 card.

And i'd be happy to discuss any of the above plays...well, other than that teaser, lol...if wanted. Just lemme know if you'd like to read my reasonings behind them. Otherwise, imma gonna save the time/energy...and try to get to bed at a reasonable hour for a change.

BOL this weekend. :cheers:

Last edited:
Still on the fence with sd/ne and will use all my willpower to try and stay away from playing it...initial lean to NE tho...rest of card is how i see`em also...
Think steelers win by 4-6 points

:cheers:

Solid card. A lot of my leans in there. SD has provided bulletin-board material, my only concern. Sorta cancels out the revenge factor.

Sup yanks

curious to know why you like the niners? I'm leaning towards the Rams to bounce back this week

there's a reason it's my smallest wager of the day. bulger and jackson could very well go off, and get the cover...but i still do like SF.

as far as SF goes, i like the upgrades they've made to the defense. think they'll have a bit of success offensively against this Ram defense, that's now short a corner. and SF/Nolan have had some great, recent success playing in STL.
as far as STL goes, i really don't like their o-line...and especially so w/out pace in the mix. SF gives up some rushes, so jackson will get his. but w/ this o-line, i'm betting it won't be too much...or enough. holt is a bit banged up. and those defensive upgrades SF made will (imo) help quite a bit neutralizing the Rams passing attack as well.

so not only do i like SF's defense, and think they're improved...i also am expecting Gore to go off on Sunday. can't see the Rams being able to contain him at all.

Solid card. A lot of my leans in there. SD has provided bulletin-board material, my only concern. Sorta cancels out the revenge factor.

not in my mind. whatever bulletin board material is outweighed by all the extraneous bullsh-t the Pats have had to deal with this week. sure, they say all the right things...but constantly getting hounded by the media over this spy crap, and watching it get blown way overboard, has gotta take some focus away...regardless of what they say.

but back to this matchup...

brady is 2-2 LT against the Chargers, with 6 picks. like i mentioned, in '05 SD went to NE and just waxed them. in '06, the pats obviously won the playoff game. and that win was the last straw for Marty S, btw.
simply put, the Chargers flat out dominated that playoff game...for 3+ quarters. but they made the mistake of sitting on the lead...playing marty ball...and allowing brady & co to pull off a minor miracle. but that said...each and every Charger on the field that day knew they were the better team...they knew they were dominating the game...and they knew they fucked up mightily, thus ruining their '06 season.

and imho, the Pats know that too...at least on some level.

the Pats have no answer for LT, nor Gates, imo...so SD's gonna get theirs. the Pats will struggle to find any type of running game against this SD defense. it'll all be on brady and the o-line for NE.
if that o-line can give him time, the Pats will have sme success against the SD secondary. not enough, imo, even w moss...but a decent amount. however, SD will be comign after brady. so if the o-line doesn't play the game of their season, it'll be a long-ass night for brady and that offense.

anyways, that's my quick thoughts. SD's won 11 straight reg season games, btw. and that playoff loss is definitely soemthing they haven't forgotten. SD's got the better defense...one of the top 3 in the league. SD's got a great offense, with 2 weapons that imo NE cannot match up with. and i jsut see SD taking this game SU, by 7 to 10 pts on sunday. all these NE distractions can only help the cause...

I hear ya, Blitz. And T-Mike...could very well be one of those weeks.
In any case, cheers guys. :cheers:

I also added a couple totals for Sunday. Post #8 has my complete card, minus any possible play on the MNF game this week.

MIN/DET o42.5
SEA/AZ o42.5

Just these two additions, and that'll do me for Sunday. Was close to playing the Indy/Tenn under, but couldn't pull the trigger there.

BOL everyone. Hope you all have a great Sunday. :tiphat:

lol. i mean today as in sunday. its 330 my time. i shoudl get a pardon here. later.

I also added a couple totals for Sunday. Post #8 has my complete card, minus any possible play on the MNF game this week.

whoa... I had missed that post... I had only noticed your original play in the first post... unfortunately... I still don't see us eye to eye on much this week... oh boy.. hehe.... actually, I think I'm only on opposites of two plays... I'm not playing the others you have there... so I hope you still have a good one and maybe we can both prosper... gl bud.

whoa... I had missed that post... I had only noticed your original play in the first post... unfortunately... I still don't see us eye to eye on much this week... oh boy.. hehe.... actually, I think I'm only on opposites of two plays... I'm not playing the others you have there... so I hope you still have a good one and maybe we can both prosper... gl bud.

hope so, bud. and yeah...might not have been the best idea to throw all my plays in mid-thread. kinda gets lost in there. but definitely gotta larger card than jsut SD for today.

and brewer...i know. jsut being silly too, in the early AM hours.

GL guys :cheers:

summary of sunday's card

SD (+4) for 2 units
SD ML (+175) for 1 unit
BUF (+10) for 1.5 units
CIN (-6.5) for 1.5 units
OAK (+10) for 1.5 units
SF (+3) for 1 unit
AZ (+3) for 1.5 units
MIN/DET o42.5 for 1 unit
SEA/AZ o42.5 for 1 unit

9 pt teaser:
1 unit to win 2.05

'an_horse'

Good luck 26, only disagree with your Buff pick. Even though I don't like laying 10 points against a solid D, Buffalo lost two starting D-backs last week and I think Pitt takes advantage and rolls here. Liked SD early in the week but will likely lay off with camera gate and SD adding fuel to the fire with their comments about NE. :cheers:

week 2 results

Well, an average day turned bad w/ SD shitting the bed. But even though they flat out didn't show up tonight, and that they had a horrible defensive game plan going in, i gotta give the Pats all the credit in the world. They swept SD aside, like they were the red-headed stepchild of the AFC. Anyways, here's the damage...

SD (+4) for 2 units L = -2.20
SD ML (+175) for 1 unit L = -1.00

BUF (+10) for 1.5 units L = -1.65
CIN (-6.5) for 1.5 units L = -1.65
OAK (+10) for 1.5 units W = +1.50
SF (+3) for 1 unit W = +1.00
AZ (+3) for 1.5 units W = +1.50
MIN/DET o42.5 for 1 unit L = -1.10
SEA/AZ o42.5 for 1 unit W = +1.00

9 pt teaser:
1 unit to win 2.05 L = -1.00

Weekly total = 4-6, -3.60 units

And of course, NO was the one team to blow up the stupid teaser.

2007:
NFL ATS: 6-4-0, +2.40 units
NFL ML: 0-1, -1.00 units

NFL O/U: 2-2-0, -0.20 units
Teasers: 1-1, +1.35 units
------------------------------
NFL Total/YTD: 9-8-0, +2.55 units

Anyways, onto week three. I'm not gonna make a play on the MNF game tonight. One, i don't like the game...two, imo the line is spot on...three, don't see any value w/ the o/u either. So i'm jsut gonna pack it in this week, and start capping the next.

Back