Week #2 of CFB

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
Expected much better results out of the first week, with so much time to prepare, but it's a thing of the past now.

2007:
CFB ATS: 6-4-1, +4.40 units
CFB ML: 1-2-0, -0.75 units
CFB O/U: 4-4-0, -0.40 units
------------------------------
CFB Total/YTD: 11-10-1, +3.25 units

Just getting started on the 2nd week. Missed so many good lines over the weekend...but was pleasantly surprised some of them remained at a decent number, or even moved back, as i began making plays earlier today. In any case, here's what i've started with...more to come.

Thursday 9/6

Oregon St (-3) over Cincinnati (-110) for 2 units

Friday 9/7

Rutgers (-16) over Navy (-110) for 2 units

Saturday 9/8

West Virginia (-23.5) over Marshall (-110) for 2 units

Penn St (-17) over Notre Dame (-110) for 2 units

Oklahoma St (-22) over Florida Atlantic (-110) for 2 units

Missouri (-6.5) over Mississippi (-110) for 2 units

Georgia (-4) over South Carolina (-110) for 2 units

South Carolina/Georgia under 46 (-110) for 1 unit

Oregon/Michigan over 64.5 (-110) for 1 unit

Nebraska (-8.5) over Wake Forest (-110) for 2 units

More plays to come over the remainder of the week, which i'll add in here. Haven't even begun looking at totals yet.

I'll also come back with some breif thoughts on these games in a few. Just wanted to get them finally posted, before even more time went by.

:cheers:

Last edited:
briefly, for tonight...

so far, nothing but favs...but that'll soon change. just got a really late start this week.

oregon st. worried a bit about their pass defense, but still expect them to control the game w/ their running attack. can't see cincy having much success stopping them. much different than facing a 1-AA team.

don't see why rutgers won't have a repeat performance against navy. they'll be nearly unstoppable on offense. and i believe their defense held navy to their season low in rushing last year.

those are the weekday games, very quickly. and the four favs for saturday are prolly self-explanatory. i'm sure they're all forum favorites by now. but like i said...i missed the early lines on these...jumped them all today while line-shopping, not wanting to end up with even worse lines...and was even surprised to see some move back into my favor. but in any case, that's why it's all big favs for now. still working on saturday...dogs and totals to follow. and maybe one or two of the other big favs i've been eyeing will move back to a line i like as well. one can only hope...

im down on three of those already. and i am eyeing the other two. i will be cheering hard for you this week. hehe

2 additions, same game

added yet another fav for the week in UGA...and my first total of the week, with the USC/UGA under.

Georgia's young defense was impressive against Okie St last week. And though i still think S Carolina will have a very good year, i just think they'll be overmatched here in Athens.

I also love the under here. This matchup hasn't provided a total that's even reached 40 since '97...and even then, it hit 46. But the under is 10-0 in the last 10 years, hovering in the 20s and 30s typically, and i don't see any reason that trend won't continue in this rivalry...with these defenses.

Anyhow, these 2 plays are added to the list above. Still looking at more totals, and trying to find a couple good lookin' dogs too.

Aztec, ReNew, V-Kyle, BigRaktor, TM, Hunt, and BAR
:cheers:

thx for the kind words. let's cash these ones we've got in common!

the # of points scored has always fallen below 40 points...9 years running...and usually significantly so. '97 still went under, but 46 total points in that meeting...which is what it's set at for saturday, coincidentally.

uga shut them out 18-0 last year, in south carolina. and though typically very tight games, uga has won 5 in a row over the gamecocks...in terms of the side.

actually might double up on this total by gametime.:cheers:

for reference

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahead colSpan=4></TD><TD class=dataheadc colSpan=3></TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2b width="10%">Date</TD><TD class=datahl2b>Away/Home</TD><TD class=datahl2b></TD><TD class=datahl2b></TD><TD class=datahl2b width="8%"></TD><TD class=datahl2b width="8%"></TD><TD class=datahl2b width="8%"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>09/09/06</TD><TD class=datacell>GEO 18 - SOCAR 0</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>09/10/05</TD><TD class=datacell>SOCAR 15 - GEO 17</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>09/11/04</TD><TD class=datacell>GEO 20 - SOCAR 16</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>09/13/03</TD><TD class=datacell>SOCAR 7 - GEO 31</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>09/14/02</TD><TD class=datacell>GEO 13 - SOCAR 7</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>09/08/01</TD><TD class=datacell>SOCAR 14 - GEO 9</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>09/09/00</TD><TD class=datacell>GEO 10 - SOCAR 21</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>09/11/99</TD><TD class=datacell>SOCAR 9 - GEO 24</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>09/12/98</TD><TD class=datacell>GEO 17 - SOCAR 3</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>09/13/97</TD><TD class=datacell>SOCAR 15 - GEO 31</TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD><TD class=datacell align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

yanks, that is a very good total in the SC/UGA game, I don't have an argument for the over as there really is none at this point. We have a very similar card, best of luck

thx, pags. thx, etg. BOL 2 u guys this week. :cheers:

anyways, oregon st sure shit the bed. my gawd, was that bad. hopefully rutgers turns it around tomorrow nite.

last 2 adds...

Added 2 final plays for Saturday...and put them in the first post as well.

Oregon/Michigan over 64.5

and

Nebraska (-8.5)

That'll do it for week two. Didn't get enough time to research all my totals...and i never was really able to find a dog or two i could get behind this week, which i think is a first for me.

Anyways, BOL to everyone. And happy saturday. :cheers:

my final week #2 card

Oregon St (-3) for 2 L = -2.20
Rutgers (-16) for 2 W = +2.00
W Virginia (-23.5) for 2
Penn St (-17) for 2
Okie St (-22) for 2
Mizzou (-6.5) for 2
UGA (-4) for 2
USC/UGA u46 for 1
Oregon/Mich o64.5 for 1
Nebraska (-8.5) for 2

Good news is that the card is half the size of my week one card. Still bugs me though that i've played nothing but favs.

Pretty sexy day so far..

I totally forgot about that under...hitting myself...meant to put it in..

final results for the week

A 2nd winning week of cfb...yet also the 2nd week i a row i've still been a bit disappointed by the outcome. Maybe it was those last 2 (losing) additions...i don't know. Just expected a bit better, i guess.

Oregon St (-3) for 2 L = -2.20
Rutgers (-16) for 2 W = +2.00

W Virginia (-23.5) for 2 W = +2.00
Penn St (-17) for 2 W = +2.00
Okie St (-22) for 2 W = +2.00
Mizzou (-6.5) for 2 W = +2.00
UGA (-4) for 2 L = -2.20
USC/UGA u46 for 1 W = +1.00
Oregon/Mich o64.5 for 1 L = -1.10
Nebraska (-8.5) for 2 L = -2.20

Week #2 = 6-4, +3.30 units

And the YTD #'s...

2007:
CFB ATS: 11-7-1, +7.80 units

CFB ML: 1-2, -0.75 units
CFB O/U: 5-5-0, -0.50 units
------------------------------
CFB Total/YTD: 17-14-1, +6.55 units

Well, hope u guys had great Saturday's. Week #3 begins tomorrow, as soon as the lines come out. Already got my eye on quite a few...

:tiphat:

Back