Week 2 NFL

SF_capper

CTG addict
looking to be much more disciplined this yr and organized.

All Plays will be to win 1 unit unless otherwise stated

Plays:
got these in when I saw them this morning at BM
Indi -2 (-110) W
Green Bay -3 (-120) W
St. Louis +9 (-115) L
1st Half St Louis +4.5 (+100) L
Carolina -3 (-120) push
Tennessee +1 (-110) W
Tampa Bay -7 (-110) W
Washington +1 (-105) W
2nd H Washington pk (-120) W
2nd H Carolina -3 (+105) W
San Diego ML (+100) L
2nd H San Francisco +3 (-125) W
Cleveland +7 (-110)- 2 units W
6 Pt-Teaser: Tennessee +7, New England +7.5 (-110) W
Dallas -6.5 (-110) L
2nd H Dallas -7 (-100)- 2.05 units W

week: 11-4
+8.8 units

overall 11-4 +8.8 units
sides: 6-3 +3.75 units
Halves: 4-1 +4.05 units
Teasers: 1-0 +1 unit

-lotta discussion here about the Indi game. Overall, I think Indi's bad game on Sunday will really help this play- 1) more motivated team off huge loss 2) slightly shaded line. Minny could have had a much uglier final score, but got bailed out on a couple plays. IMO last week was Chicago's Superbowl, so I don't think too much of Indi losing. Minny did not impress me, and I can see Indi's passing game shredding Minny up
-looks like I got the ass end of this GB line. Really upset that I'm paying -120, but can't do anything about it now. GB impressed me, and I think they'll be a BETTER team than last year. Aaron Rodgers played amazingly well against a great defense. Grant should be able to get his against Det- as Atlanta showed, and this should further open up things for the passing game.

-First 2 of these plays are the fishy 'public' type bets- road chalk vs teams that lost the last week. However, the lines came out the way I was looking for (was playing Indi at -3 or lower, and GB at -4). I'm trying to place my bets regardless of whether or not the 'sharps' or 'public' is with me.

Plays I'm waiting for/looking at:
1) Carolina- my fave play of the week. Will very likely be on it for 2 units if I can get -3 (-110). biggest factors: 1) Chicago- flat spot off their superbowl win 2) steve smith back
2) Buffalo- with 6 now gone, I'm gonna wait. If it climbs back to 6+, I'll likely add Buffalo.
3) STL- Will be on it. right now, the lines I have available to me are 9(-115) and 8.5. I'll wait and watch the line, hoping to catch a 10
4) New England ML- NYJ were not that impressive against Miami. Can only imagine how they'll look against NE. Nothing has changed but the man throwing the ball. Cassel should do just fine
5) Tennessee- Cincinatti fade. Collins is serviceable, and the Tennessee D is too good.
6) Cleveland: looking for 7.5. Lets see if Sunday Night chasers will get it for me.

Last edited:
Not playing it, but I agree with NE/NYJ game. NE still has more talent in its little finger than the Jets. (Ok, maybe thumb now that they have Favre)

Thanks guys. Rethinking that Indi bet and moving it to Indi TT Over. I'd have to eat juice which is a bitch though. I'm scared Minny will be able to run all over Indi's D, altough I'm pretty confident Indi will be able to throw all over Minny's D. I can definitely see Indi putting up 24-28, with Minny putting up 21-24

I'm HATING this juice that I'm eating. Gonna withdraw some and move it to 5D to at least save myself some

Rethinking NE, Indi, and Buffalo.

Also I do think NE will be fine, and that the Jets are overrated, I'm not sure if I want to fade a team on their home opener welcoming their new QB with NE who definitely will need time to adjust.

Buffalo is a game I definitely wanna see if they could perform on the road. Despite line issues, Jax could have won the game last week MANY times.

Indi- more line issues. Hoping this line just jumps to 4 so I can hope for a middle.

Thinking of a teaser- Tampa -.5, NE +7.5, Tennesee +7.5
- choosing between two of those

Thanks guys. Rethinking that Indi bet and moving it to Indi TT Over. I'd have to eat juice which is a bitch though. I'm scared Minny will be able to run all over Indi's D, altough I'm pretty confident Indi will be able to throw all over Minny's D. I can definitely see Indi putting up 24-28, with Minny putting up 21-24

I'm HATING this juice that I'm eating. Gonna withdraw some and move it to 5D to at least save myself some

Rethinking NE, Indi, and Buffalo.

Also I do think NE will be fine, and that the Jets are overrated, I'm not sure if I want to fade a team on their home opener welcoming their new QB with NE who definitely will need time to adjust.

Buffalo is a game I definitely wanna see if they could perform on the road. Despite line issues, Jax could have won the game last week MANY times.

Indi- more line issues. Hoping this line just jumps to 4 so I can hope for a middle.

Thinking of a teaser- Tampa -.5, NE +7.5, Tennesee +7.5
- choosing between two of those

Disagree. Jax was simply dominated last week. The only reason they were even in the game was because of the Titans offensive offense, not because of anything Jax did right. Score was very misleading. Game should have been something like 20-3 Titans. That said the Bills Dline can't compare to the Titans front and the Jags shouldn't look that bad on offense this week but you have to be worried about the line issues Jville is facing.

I also think discretion is good with that NE/NYJ game. Very emotional game for the Jets and I'd want to see how Cassel does in this spot before wagering on him in a road game against a hated division opponent.

Disagree. Jax was simply dominated last week. The only reason they were even in the game was because of the Titans offensive offense, not because of anything Jax did right. Score was very misleading. Game should have been something like 20-3 Titans. That said the Bills Dline can't compare to the Titans front and the Jags shouldn't look that bad on offense this week but you have to be worried about the line issues Jville is facing.

I also think discretion is good with that NE/NYJ game. Very emotional game for the Jets and I'd want to see how Cassel does in this spot before wagering on him in a road game against a hated division opponent.

good points, and I was not saying that Jacksonville was not completely outplayed, and the score definitely should have been a more lopsided victory for tennessee, however the fact was many points were left off the board for Jax yesterday- a fumble at Tennesee's 15 yrd line on 2nd down in the 2nd Q. Scobee's missed 35 yrd FG, and with 3 minutes to go they were 1st down at tennesee's 9. although it was Tennesee's D that won it, and they definitely deserved the win, I can definitely see Jax line a bit better in tact at home. I am definitely not considering Jax as a play, but more I'm thinking I'll wait and watch this game. Lean to Buffalo, but likely not a play

still for sure I'll be playing Tennessee and Carolina. Not thinking about Tampa in that teaser anymore with Garcia out. a likely card will be:

Carolina
GB
Tennessee
STL
Indi- somehow either -2 or TT OVer.
cleveland if I can over 7 or better

and maybe a teaser of tennesee and NE

well, I've succeeded in getting the ass end of 3 of my lines:
Indi is oddly at -1 now
GB is at -3 (-110)
and STL is at +9 (-110)

also, I didn't jump on Philly at +9

right now, I'm thinking about: Cleveland, New England, Tampa, Philly

Cleveland and Philly- more of a matter of hoping it jumps to 7+
Tampa- kind of hoping for a -6.5
NE- just plain unsure. Lotta factors on both sides:
1) I think New England is -6/7 over NYJ on neutral field, meaning I think it should be around NE -3- thus big value on New England. I'm not worried about Cassel
2) NYJ's home opener welcoming Favre
3) NE's first game after Brady injury. not possitive of how they'll respond
4) ESPN keeps showing NYJ highlights and Favre- I watched the whole game. it was not impressive by any means imo. They also keep talking about Brady's injury. IMO this is why the line is at NYJ faves

strong strong lean to NE, as can be seen I've already got down on their +7.5 in the Tenn and NE Teaser. Thinking of maybe NE+Tampa teaser action, but that'd leave NE in 2 teasers.

FUCK!! Denver refs ABSOLUTELY screwed SD. 1st Q- should have been a catch- called an INT- Chambers catches and bailey grabs it on the way down to the floor and rips it out at the end. after replay it is obvious that it was a catch and chambers was down- announcers saying it and everything, but denver refs say there's btechnical difficulties and cannot get the replay system going, so play on the field stands.
then 4th Qtr, down 7 with less than 2 min to golops out of cutler's hands and SD recovers it- but the ref calls an INC! ALL reffing unwritten rules say to call the reversible play! Had the ref rightfully called a fumble, it would have been reviewable and withheld, since it was an obvious fumble- as announcers and everyone could see in the replay. However, since the ref called incomplete and blew the play dead, review made no difference, and denver gets to go again, which ends in a TD
THEN SHANAHAN CALLS FOR THE 2 PT!! down 1, make it and goto OT, shanahan calls for the 2 pt, annoncers saying because he knew that the broncos were lucky to be there at that point so he said fuck it, i'll give SD to win right here. they convert and I get MOOSED.
I turned down +1.5 to get the ML and wow........

very solid day, but undecided about monday night

can make a case for either team

Philly is still underrated and are superbowl contenders. Better run game and defense, and imo same level QBs.

Dallas's home opener for a divisional rivalry on Monday Night. TO loves the spotlight

thanks guys. Was choosin b/w philly ML and Dallas -6.5, but I cannot jump on Philly at 6.5 when 9 was available. just feel I lost too much value, with the value jumping onto Dallas. Played a unit on Dallas -6.5

Back