Week 2 NFL

YesSir

Brian Windhorst
SEASON 15-11

Cincinatti PK LOSS
I like Cincinatti a lot this year. Their showing in week 1 did not exactly help me with these thoughts. All in all I was impressed with their defense. I do not really see Carson Palmer going for less that 100 yards again. It was amazing that TJ and Ocho Cinco did not catch a ball till the third quarter (?I think)... There is a lot going on in Tennessee now...Will VY be around? Though I do think VY out would be an upgrade for the Titans, I do not think it would benefit for this quick. I think Tennessee will struggle to score points in this game.

New Orleans -1 LOSS
Like the Bengals, I expect the Saints to have a successful season. Like others, I think they can be a factor in the NFC playoffs. Their offense will be godly if Colston is healthy and the continue using Colston. Thoough I am not comfortable with Bush as the every down back, he does have that other dimention. I want to see more Pierre Thomas up the middle and more Bush to the outside. I also would not mind seeing them on the field together. I expect Drew Brees to have a HUGE game on this Washington defense that look bad early against NYG. They did settle in but I think NO has too many weapons for them.

Buffalo +5.5 WIN
Also, like the aforementioned teams, the Bills are one of my favorite teams this year. I think they compete throughout this game.

Chicago +3.5 (120) WIN
looked good in week one, I think they win this SU

Arizona -6 WIN

New England +1.5 WIN

INDY -2 WIN
It was great to see my Bears get a big win in week 1 against this Colts team. Peyton Manning really struggled against a tough Bear pass rush. He seemed to be a little rusty and also a little hurried. Couple that with a few dropped balls and it leads to a stagnent offense. I really think that Addai needs to start being more of a factor for them to be successful. After being shocked on national TV in their opening of a new stadium, I expect them to come out better. Also, the news of Tom Brady being out for the season and the Chargers stumbling should give them a little boost. Potential problems with the Colts is that the Bears showed teams how to beat the Colts offensively. Lovie Smith's team came in with a great gameplan to cancel out the Colts team speed. The Bears ran Matt Forte right at the Colts. He did not zig zag, he just went North and South. I think ADP could have a HUGE game this week. Will he have enough to keep up with a better Colts offense? Also, Minnesota's pass rush/defense really did not look that improved.

San Francisco +7.5 WIN
Seattle looked VERY BAD last week- now they are giving a TD to the niners? I know the Seattle backers will tell you the reason that they got blown out was because "they always struggle on the road". Yes that is true but how good is this Seahawk team anymore? Without Alexander, Julius Jones proved once again that he cannot carry the load at RB. The Seahawks are a different team at home BUT I am just wondering if they are getting too old. A positive not for the Hawks is that 21 of the Bills points came off of Special Teams. I say that is a positive because the defense did not give up all of the points. The problem I have with this Seahawk team is their lack of a weapon on offense. Hassleback is a solid tier 2/3 QB but he does not have anyone to throw the ball too. Burleson is out for the season, and Branch and Engram will not play. Without these weapons, the Niners could load the box. By stacking the box, it will make it difficult for Jones and Morris. Also, it will be interesting to see if RT Sean Locklear will play. Mo Morris is also on the injury report, listed as questionable (as of Wednesday). Anyone have an update on his status?

I expect an improvent from JT O Sullivan as he had 3 TOs a week ago. The team commited 5! I see this being a low scoring game. Frank Gore looked back to form against San Fran. In 06' Gore had a 200+ game and 100+ game against Seattle.

Tampa Bay -6.5 WIN

Cleveland +7 Hook WIN

I liked this game a lot all week...I think Cleveland will be solid in this game. I will take a TD dog, in a rivalry game, with sloppy conditions all day...

Eagles +7.5 (120)
I have liked this all week and finally just played it. I also like the over. I am not sure why there are a lot of UNDER players.

Eagles +13 OVER 40

OVER 46.5 Eagles/Boys
BOL all:cheers:

Last edited:
Like Frisco for the reasons stated.

I think Minny gets it done at home, Peyton needs a couple more weeks to get into the Grove....

Thanks Trout Here is some more infor that I have found

Cincinatti- In Carson Palmers last 2 against the Titans he has set career highs for completion percentage, going 27-33 and 32-38...

Chicago/Carolina- Jake Delhomme has 11 TDs and only 1 pick in his last five game....DeAngelo Williams rushed for 89 yards last week, making the Panthers 8-0 when he breaks that barrier....The Panthers are 3-10 in home openers

Jacksonville- The Ville needs to get the running game going to be successful...In their L3, Jones Drew and Taylor have combined for 77 yards against Pitt, 66 yards against NE, and 31 yards a week ago agaisnt Tennessee...

GB/Detroit- GB has beaten Detroit 5 games in a row...Rodgers was 18-22 for 179...Kitna went over 200 yards for the 29th time in 33 starts for the Lions...he has completed 73% of his passes

Indy/Minny- Colts have not started 0-2 since Manning was a rookie...Jared Allen has 0 sacks against Manning in his L3 against him....Indy has big play capabilities...The Vikes gave up 3 plays of 56 or more yards...

Oakland/KC- Raiders win a year ago stopped a 9 game losing streak in this rivalry...LJ is averaging 105.7 yards rushing per game in his L6 against OAK...KC has started 0-2 in Edwards first 2 seasons at the helm...

NO/Wash- Brees was 23-32 for 343 yardsa and 3 TDs last week...also threw a costly pick...Campbel was 15-27 for 133 and a touch down...Colston will be out of the lineup...

NYG/STL- Giants won a record 11 games a year ago away from home...Giants have a 5 game winning streak in domes...Giants held the Skins to 11 first downs...The Rams only got 8 first downs in week 1...Rams are 10-3 in home openers since the move...they are 3-1 against the G Men

ATL/Tampa- TB has won 11 out of the L15 against ATL...The Burner averaged 10 yards per carry a week agoi...ATL averaged 7.6 yards per rush last week...second was Tampa with 7.3

San Fran/SEA- SEA has won 8 of their last 10 against the niners...Niners swept the season in 2006...Gore has averaged 154 yards per game rushing in his L4 against SEA...49ers outgained the Cards 291-285 last week with 28 fewer plays...

Miami/Zona- Mia has lost 10 in a row on the road...Dolphins only ran the ball 17 times a week ago...Cards lost the turnover battle 5-0 a week ago...Cards have not started a season 2-0 since 1991

SD/Denver- Chargers outscore Denver 64-6 last season....SD has won 4 in a row against the Broncos...Chargers are 5-0 against DENVER when LT breaks 100 yards...Royal and Cutler had career days against Oakland...

Balty/Houston- Ravens are 2-0 against HOUSTON...Flaco threw for 129 and ran for a TD last week....Houston has won 4 in a row at home...Williams has at least one sack in 8 of his L9 games...

Philly/Dallas- McNabb has had some huge games on MNF....Last MNF game against Dallas was 4 years ago...McNabb was 15-28 for 345 and 4TDs...tyhree to TO...The Boys are 25-10 in home openers...TO has 17 catches for 279 yards and 2 TDs in four games against PhillyWill post picks later...BOL

Last edited:
im at work and cant fix the format...not sure why it posted like that....if a mod can fix it...if not I will get it late....thanks

Back