banana096.gif

party0010.gif
party0010.gif
party0010.gif
party0010.gif
party0010.gif
party0010.gif
party0010.gif

Games that I post the night before, usually will use stats prior to that night's games. I do take into effect(in my thougth process) what transpired that night.

onto some thoughts....

Last edited:
Locked in Plays
New England -3 1.2-1

leans
Chicago -12
Buffalo +9.5
Carolina -6.5
ATL +10.5
Denver -9.5

added 2 more units on NE

NE -3 is now 3.6-6

more leans
SF +3 STL is not the same with Pace gone...

ATL + 10

Green Bay -1

Philly -7

yessir, suprrised that you have no bengals as a lean. i saw crennel's post game press conference and it appeared as if he had no idea why things went down the way they did.

Joe- Why do you hate this spot for the Bills? When I posted that I did not know that Simpson Wire and Webster (all starters) were out.....

DUY- thanks and bol to you

Steed- thanks "dad" lol

frankie- I would actually lean towards the Browns in this game. Just heard some stat on the radio - teams the following week after losing by 20 or more at home the previous week are 17-6-1. I am not sure what the guy was basing that off of....after the first week? just the last 24? or all of last season? I am sure someone that is more of a trend person can divulge....ps The Browns organization is in disarray...

That Bills line is at 10 now (probably reflecting the injuries)...The browns line is still sitting at 6.5...you would think the Bengals would be getting a ton of support and the line would bump over a TD....That Seattle line scares the living shit out of me. SEA did not look that great (playing a beat up team) and ZOna looked pretty inept on offense. I think the offense will pick up for Zona as the coaching staff should be telling Leinart just to throw the fucking ball up to one of the 2 elite receivers.

The NYJ are getting 10.5 at Baltimore now. If the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets did anything against NE that line would be around a TD. It is also hard to figure this game out. I feel that Baltimore will be a lot better in week 2. Their defense is spectacular and should cause all types of problems for New York's left side. Offensively, I expect Air Mcnair to have a good game. Also, I do not see how Willis Mcgahee does not get at least 22 rushes in week 2. After that debacle in week 1, they must give him the ball. If Mcnair keeps his TOs under 3, I think they can cover this rather easy.

Detroit and Minnesota should be a very exciting game. I think that there will be a good number of points here...

NO/Tampa- A good way to get healthy from playing INDY week 1 is to play at Tampa in week 2.

I am trying to find some dogs that I like but I really do not see any....I kinda like Cleveland, Miami, ATL, Tennessee....hmmm

<TABLE class=tborder id=post471328 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_471328 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid">Also, I do not see how Willis Mcgahee does not get at least 22 rushes in week 2. After that debacle in week 1,they must give him the ball.:cheers:

<!-- / message -->
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid"></TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid" align=right><!-- controls --><!-- / controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- / post 471328 popup menu -->

Why do you hate this spot for the Bills? When I posted that I did not know that Simpson Wire and Webster (all starters) were out.....

In part because of the injuries, but it's more than that.

Last week two huge things happened to this team.

First, that injury that was more than an injury. Any time a guy almost dies on the field it is going to impact the team. All week those guys have been going through the 'there but for the grace of God go I' feeling--and they're doing it with someone they know.

In other cities it's not as bad, but in Buffalo you know these guys are coming home to their families and they may not even be talking about it, but they don't have to. It's in the undercurrent of their lives every day this week and they will be thinking about it when they put the pads back on this week.

Beyond that, they're on the road and they suffered the single worst kind of defeat you can last week. The home loss on a last second miracle score. That's deflating enough without compounding it by the serious injury talk they all are surrounded by this week.

So now you go to Pittsburgh, where they are going to be bouncing off the walls because it's the first home game, because it's Tomlin's first game, and because they just saw this team put up damn near 40 on the Browns.

The word buzzsaw comes to mind, especially given that this team was think defensively before last week and just got thinner.

I think Pittsburgh is going to pound the p*ss out of this team and that the line is just right.

Bills win their next home game, though, almost no matter who it's against.

jim- thanks p

joe- Thanks for the thoughts...I see where you are coming with this. I think that the team could react in a positive way also. You know, the old "Lets get this win for ______" line. As far as the Browns game, The Steelers did not play as well as the score indicated IMO. The Browns defense pretty much was all but one play from stopping them the whole first half. If the offense does not put the defense in such bad spots, the Browns could have competed. I will probably sit this one out due to the injuries and some of your thoughts...

Browns Bengals breakdown...espn

Why To Watch
This will be the second straight divisional game for both teams with Cincinnati taking the fight to Baltimore in a Week 1 win and Cleveland being abused at home against Pittsburgh. The Browns' pass protection and quarterback play were atrocious and combined with with a plethora of mental errors to take them out of the game quickly. Charlie Frye started at quarterback but was pulled in favor of Derek Anderson and then traded to Seattle on Tuesday of this week. Anderson is looking over his shoulder at first-round pick Brady Quinn, though. Cleveland will stay patient with the running game to slow the tempo and keep the Bengals offense watching from the sidelines. Meanwhile, the Cincinnati defense will try to confuse Anderson with a variety of coverages and force him into poor decisions.

cin_34_rf.jpg
When the Bengals have the ball
Rushing: Cleveland's defensive line is aging and on the decline and the Browns lack depth there. Cincinnati will control the line of scrimmage and run Rudi Johnson repeatedly, allowing their power back to wear down the Cleveland front. The Bengals could be without starting C Eric Ghiaciuc but still have a major advantage at the line of scrimmage. The Cleveland linebackers, however, are clearly the strength of the defense. They are young, active and talented, though the outside linebackers are better at rushing the passer than stopping the run. ROLB Kamerion Wimbley is a demon of a pass rusher and was disruptive against Pittsburgh, but he needs to prove that he can keep run contain on the edge. TE Reggie Kelly, who is a powerful and technically sound run blocker, will probably line up on Wimbley's side of the field in order to help ailing tackle Levi Jones (knee) or his replacement Andrew Whitworth in pass protection. If Kelly can handle Wimbley, the Browns run defense will be in for a long afternoon.
But regardless of particular matchup this overall phase of the game certainly favors the Bengals. SS Sean Jones, is big and physical and will spend a lot of time near the line of scrimmage, but against Cincinnati's lethal passing attack leaving a safety in the box will put a lot of pressure on the young secondary.

Passing: The Bengals passing attack is based on rhythm and timing. Cleveland must disrupt that timing to have success against Carson Palmer, though that is easier said than done. Twice a year Cincinnati WR Chad Johnson and Browns CB Leigh Bodden do battle and there isn't a cornerback in the division who does a better job against Johnson. Bodden is a star who few fans have heard of, but watch him work against Johnson and you will be a believer.
That being said, Johnson is as good as any wideout in the league and will get his catches. If Bodden can at least contain Johnson then Cleveland will have the luxury of rolling FS Brodney Pool towards T.J. Houshmandzadeh, and with their base personnel on the field the Bengals don't have receiving threats outside of Johnson and Houshmandzadeh who strike fear into defensive coordinators.
Still, if the Browns cannot get pressure on Palmer those two will get open against any coverage. Palmer is especially potent throwing deep downfield and picking apart a defense on the perimeter with his rare arm strength and accuracy. The Bengals will use plenty of three-receiver sets on first down and in usual passing situations. Wide receiver Chris Henry is suspended for the first eight games of the season and his replacement Tab Perry is a significant dropoff, particularly in his ability to stretch the field and make game-changing plays. Perry is very physical and is a force going over the middle.

cle_34_rf.jpg
When the Browns have the ball
Rushing: Although they mustered a mere 46 rushing yards last week, the Browns will lean heavily on their running attack in this game. They absolutely need to control the clock and establish a running game to keep the Bengals offense on the sidelines and take pressure off their quarterback. Cleveland will be patient on the ground and give Jamal Lewis plenty of carries to potentially wear down a Cincinnati run defense that struggled mightily in 2006.
Bengals' MLB Ahmad Brooks needs to play well. Brooks is a big, physical player with a lot of natural ability but he lacks experience and needs to improve his recognition skills. He has the potential to really improve the Bengals interior run defense, which is an area Cleveland will certainly try to exploit. If SS Dexter Jackson is forced to play a lot of early downs near the line of scrimmage Browns TE Kellen Winslow could have an especially big game.

Passing: The Browns love to create mismatches for Winslow. They will line the wide receivers up on the opposite side of the field and then flex Winslow out alone, away from the formation alone on the opposite side. If a cornerback goes with him he has a huge size and strength advantage, and if it is a linebacker he will almost always have a speed advantage. Few safeties in the league have the total package to handle Winslow, either, and the Bengals really do not have a particular player who matches up well.
The Bengals pass defense is all about creating turnovers and no team in the league has created more turnovers over the past three years. Cincinnati caused a turnover on three straight first-quarter possessions against Baltimore, while the Browns turned the ball over five times last week. The Bengals will blitz Anderson heavily using twists and stunts along the defensive line. They attacked Steve McNair last week with impressive results and the Browns' pass protection was simply awful in Week 1. Cleveland's quarterback must be very careful with the football in this matchup.

The Browns will try to get Braylon Edwards, who has big-play potential, involved in the offense early. He may be able to exploit single coverage to get deep but will likely be matched up with Johnathan Joseph, an up-and-coming corner who will give Edwards all he can handle. Although the Cleveland pass protection was generally awful last week rookie LT Joe Thomas played pretty well and appears to have a very bright future in the league.

<table><tbody><tr><td>
cle_34_rf.jpg
</td><td>Special Teams</td><td>
cin_34_lf.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Both teams are very solid on special teams. Although Shayne Graham has battled a hip problem he is still among the better kickers in the league when healthy, though he might have injured his hip further on Monday night and did not look right. His counterpart in Cleveland is Phil Dawson, a true professional and someone who gets the job done year after year.
Perry is physical with the ball in his hands as a returner and doesn't dance after securing the catch. Josh Cribbs is Cleveland's punt and kickoff returner and is a competitive player who does not go down easily. Cribbs has more explosiveness and wiggle than Perry and is capable of breaking off the long return and changing the game, but both are also very good coverage players. The Cincinnati cover teams left a lot to be desired last week, though, and special teams is one area in which the Bengals Cincinnati are at a disadvantage.

Pitts Buffalo Scouting Report

Why To Watch
The Steelers visited divisional rival Cleveland in Week 1 and abused them in all facets of the game. Pittsburgh's defense had the Browns' quarterbacks and protection schemes on their heels from the onset. The Steelers defense had six sacks and created five turnovers. On offense, Pittsburgh showed good balance and executed well. Meanwhile Buffalo lost to Denver on a last-second field goal. In a hard fought battle, the Bills struggled to stop the Broncos' rushing attack. The Bills depth will be severely tested after several Week 1 injuries, but they'll need to rebound in a hostile Pittsburgh environment. It must also be mentioned that the Bills TE Kevin Everett sustained a very serious neck injury last week and the team surely had him on their mind all week.

buf_34_rf.jpg
When the Bills have the ball
Rushing: The Bills spent a fortune in free agency on three veteran offensive linemen and used their first-round selection on RB Marshawn Lynch. Obviously, they plan on rededicating themselves to running the football. The left side of Buffalo's offensive line is especially strong and they will call a lot of runs behind LT Jason Peters and LG Derrick Dockery. Between Lynch and Anthony Thomas, Buffalo has very good size at running back. Lynch flashed his big-play ability in Buffalo's opener and has the looks of a very solid starting NFL running back. He will carry the load once again this week. Buffalo will establish a physical ground game that should allow them to use play action as the game goes along, although it was not a very successful play-action team in 2006.

Passing: Buffalo offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild likes to use multiple-receiver formations and utilized four-receiver sets quite a bit in Week 1. While Lee Evans is top-notch wideout, the Bills lack a true second wide receiver option. Still, they do have several players who are serviceable in their spread formation. Roscoe Parrish is particularly interesting. He is undersized, but extremely quick and very dangerous with the ball his hands. Expect Losman to look his way on quick hitches and screens. Buffalo gets very little from their tight ends and this offense lacks a presence in the middle of the field, but Lynch is a good pass catcher who will counted on heavily. Losman's blindside should remain very secure in the hands of Peters, who is simply outstanding. He is 6-foor-4, 340 pounds and has impressive size and athletic ability. A former tight end, Peters doesn't have a lot of experience at tackle but has progressed very rapidly. Pittsburgh has an extensive blitz package it will use without hesitation to attack Losman from all angles as it did against Cleveland last week. The Steelers have been running their inside linebacker "X Blitz" for a long time and no one in the league does it better. The two inside linebackers crisscross one another and attack the quarterback right up the middle. It happens so fast, it is very difficult to pick up. The Steelers should have success confusing Losman is their zone blitz package. They will move RDE Brett Keisel around quite a bit on throwing downs and will use overload blitzes to get to Losman very quickly.

pit_34_rf.jpg
When the Steelers have the ball
Rushing: Buffalo's front seven is very light and inexperienced. It relies on speed rather than size and can be prone to wearing down against a physical team like the Steelers. The Bills will be without OLB Keith Ellison (high ankle sprain). Ellison was replaced by Coy Wire, who is more of a glorified safety and he suffered a knee injury in Week 1. The Bills will probably keep their defensive line slanting and stunting quite a bit to best utilize their speed and quickness. The Steelers' offensive line is grooming two new starters and the starting five has not played as a unit all that much, which could lead to some communication problems. But Pittsburgh's blockers are much bigger and more physical than Buffalo's front seven. Willie Parker will get into the open field with some regularity in this matchup, particularly late in the contest. He has rare speed that could result in a long touchdown or two. Pittsburgh will rarely use former starting FB Dan Kreider, a traditional blocking fullback. He has instead been replaced by Carey Davis, who is a much better pass catcher and ballcarrier but an inferior lead blocker. Pittsburgh will often line up without a fullback and run out of double tight end sets or multiple receiver groupings as they spread the field horizontally.

Passing: The Steelers offense is much different now with Bruce Arians as the new offensive coordinator. Arians has allowed Ben Roethlisberger to audible more at the line of scrimmage and make the protection adjustments. Pittsburgh will utilize a no-huddle look and more multiple receiver- and tight end-sets. They will utilize bunch sets and line up two tight ends on the same side of the field together. Pittsburgh's play-action passing game was quite effective a week ago and that should continue at home against the Bills. When the season opened, the Bills were very light at the cornerback position and Jason Webster broke his forearm in Week 1. They are going to have a very difficult time matching up against Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes. They will rely on its Cover 2 scheme to provide safety support over the top, but this approach leaves Buffalo's undersized front very exposed against Pittsburgh's power running game. To make matters worse, starting S Ko Simpson broke his left ankle in the opener. Buffalo will bring pressure at times, but it almost exclusively brings either four or five pass rushers instead of selling out on the blitz. Compounding the problem, Buffalo is also very light at defensive end.

<table><tbody><tr><td>
pit_34_rf.jpg
</td><td>Special Teams</td><td>
buf_34_lf.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Year in and year out, the Bills' special teams consistently rank among the NFL's best. They are extremely well coached and very solid in every aspect. It could certainly be argued that Bobby April is the best special teams coach in the league. Brian Moorman is a punter without flaws. He has a booming leg, but does not compromise touch and placement accuracy. KR Terrence McGee is tough, dangerous and very quick to get upfield. PR Parrish has great elusiveness and can take it to the house any time he touches the ball as he proved last week. Mike Tomlin has put a new emphasis on special teams in general, but the Steelers struggled last season in just about every phase and are at a major disadvantage against the Bills. It should be noted that Heinz Field is amongst the worst NFL stadiums for kicking field goals.

<table style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;" width="744"><tbody><tr><td align="center">AccuScore Game Details </td></tr> <tr><td align="center"> Buffalo (201) vs Pittsburgh (202)
16/09/2007 (week 2) </td></tr> </tbody></table>
AccuScore Game Forecast <table class="tablehead"><tbody><tr class="substathead"><td align="center">Team</td><td align="center">Win Percent</td><td align="center">Average Score</td><td align="center">Big Win</td><td align="center">Close Win</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Buffalo Bills</td><td>21.3%</td><td>15.7</td><td>4.5%</td><td>11.2%</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Pittsburgh Steelers</td><td>78.7%</td><td>25.3</td><td>50.8%</td><td>12.7%</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table class="border_grey" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="744"><tbody><tr><td class="border_grey" nowrap="nowrap" width="33%">
BUF offense vs PIT defense rankings​

</td> <td class="border_grey" nowrap="nowrap" width="33%">
PIT offense vs BUF defense rankings​

Explanation​

</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="3" class="border_grey" align="center" height="235">
game_details_img.php

game_details_img.php

accuscore_logo.gif

AccuScore uses over 30 different team level statistics in its simulation weighting algorithm. Part of the calculation involves calculating each team�s Relative Rank Index in key categories. The team that ranks 1st in any particular category is given a 100 while the last placed team is scored a 0. All remaining teams are rated along this normalized 0-100 scale.
The AccuScore Composite Index shows a few key offensive power ratings compared to the opposing defenses� power ratings in those categories. Use this data to pinpoint even and lop-sided match-ups.

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table class="border_grey" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="744"><tbody><tr><td class="border_grey" nowrap="nowrap" width="33%">
BUF offense vs PIT defense rankings​

PIT offense vs BUF defense rankings​

Explanation​

</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="3" class="border_grey" align="center" height="235">
game_details_img.php

game_details_img.php

accuscore_logo.gif

AccuScore uses over 30 different team level statistics in its simulation weighting algorithm. Part of the calculation involves calculating each team�s Relative Rank Index in key categories. The team that ranks 1st in any particular category is given a 100 while the last placed team is scored a 0. All remaining teams are rated along this normalized 0-100 scale.
The AccuScore Composite Index shows a few key offensive power ratings compared to the opposing defenses� power ratings in those categories. Use this data to pinpoint even and lop-sided match-ups.

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<center> AccuScore uses over 30 different team level statistics in its simulation weighting algorithm. Part of the calculation involves calculating each team�s Relative Rank Index in key categories. The team that ranks 1st in any particular category is given a 100 while the last placed team is scored a 0. All remaining teams are rated along this normalized 0-100 scale.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]AccuScore Composite Advantage: PIT +29.6748[/FONT]AccuScore Player Forecast​
<table style="border: 0px none ; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; width: 744px;"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 0px none ; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;" valign="top"><table class="tablehead" style="margin: 0px; width: 100%;"><tbody><tr class="stathead" style="background: rgb(0, 19, 63) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;"><td colspan="5" align="center">Buffalo Bills</td></tr> <tr class="substathead"><td colspan="5" align="center">PASSING</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td align="center">Player</td><td align="center">QBR</td><td align="center">YDS</td><td align="center">TD</td><td align="center">INT</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">J.P. Losman </td><td>78.2 </td><td>196.7 </td><td>1.1 </td><td>1.1 </td></tr> <tr class="substathead"><td colspan="5" align="center">RUSHING</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td align="center">Player</td><td align="center">RUSH</td><td align="center">YDS</td><td align="center">YPC</td><td align="center">TD</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Marshawn Lynch </td><td>17.0 </td><td>70.5 </td><td>4.1 </td><td>0.3 </td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">J.P. Losman </td><td>3.5 </td><td>15.5 </td><td>4.5 </td><td>0.0 </td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Anthony Thomas </td><td>4.2 </td><td>11.0 </td><td>2.6 </td><td>0.0 </td></tr> <tr class="substathead"><td colspan="5" align="center">RECEIVING</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td align="center">Player</td><td align="center">REC</td><td align="center">RECYD</td><td align="center">YPC</td><td align="center">RECTD</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Lee Evans </td><td>5.1 </td><td>73.6 </td><td>14.4 </td><td>0.5 </td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Josh Reed </td><td>2.7 </td><td>34.9 </td><td>12.9 </td><td>0.1 </td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Marshawn Lynch </td><td>2.5 </td><td>19.9 </td><td>8.0 </td><td>0.1 </td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Roscoe Parrish </td><td>1.7 </td><td>19.2 </td><td>11.3 </td><td>0.1 </td></tr> <tr class="substathead"><td colspan="5" align="center">DEFENSE</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td align="center">Player</td><td align="center">SACK</td><td align="center">INT</td><td align="center">FUMR</td><td align="center">TO</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">BUF </td><td>1.8 </td><td>0.7 </td><td>0.9 </td><td>1.6 </td></tr> </tbody></table></td><td width="10"> </td><td style="border: 0px none ; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;" valign="top"><table class="tablehead" style="margin: 0px; width: 100%;"><tbody><tr class="stathead" style="background: rgb(0, 0, 0) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;"><td colspan="5" align="center">Pittsburgh Steelers</td></tr> <tr class="substathead"><td colspan="5" align="center">PASSING</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td align="center">Player</td><td align="center">QBR</td><td align="center">YDS</td><td align="center">TD</td><td align="center">INT</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Ben Roethlisberger </td><td>100.0 </td><td>232.6 </td><td>1.8 </td><td>0.7 </td></tr> <tr class="substathead"><td colspan="5" align="center">RUSHING</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td align="center">Player</td><td align="center">RUSH</td><td align="center">YDS</td><td align="center">YPC</td><td align="center">TD</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Willie Parker </td><td>21.8 </td><td>102.6 </td><td>4.7 </td><td>0.6 </td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Najeh Davenport </td><td>8.2 </td><td>35.1 </td><td>4.2 </td><td>0.2 </td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Ben Roethlisberger </td><td>2.5 </td><td>8.4 </td><td>3.3 </td><td>0.1 </td></tr> <tr class="substathead"><td colspan="5" align="center">RECEIVING</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td align="center">Player</td><td align="center">REC</td><td align="center">RECYD</td><td align="center">YPC</td><td align="center">RECTD</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Hines Ward </td><td>4.2 </td><td>57.7 </td><td>13.7 </td><td>0.5 </td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Santonio Holmes </td><td>3.0 </td><td>49.2 </td><td>16.4 </td><td>0.3 </td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Heath Miller </td><td>3.7 </td><td>45.6 </td><td>12.3 </td><td>0.5 </td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Nate Washington </td><td>1.7 </td><td>29.0 </td><td>17.1 </td><td>0.2 </td></tr> <tr class="substathead"><td colspan="5" align="center">DEFENSE</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td align="center">Player</td><td align="center">SACK</td><td align="center">INT</td><td align="center">FUMR</td><td align="center">TO</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">PIT </td><td>3.1 </td><td>1.1 </td><td>1.1 </td><td>2.2 </td></tr> </tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
Team Trends and Angles <table class="tablehead"><tbody><tr class="stathead" style="background: rgb(0, 19, 63) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;"><td colspan="7" align="center">Buffalo - Recent ATS Trends</td></tr> <tr class="substathead"><td width="25%"> </td><td colspan="2" align="center">Against the spread</td><td colspan="2" align="center">Over/Under</td><td colspan="2" align="center">Straight Up</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td> </td><td align="center">2007</td><td align="center">2005-2007</td><td align="center">2007</td><td align="center">2005-2007</td><td align="center">2007</td><td align="center">2005-2007</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td align="center">Description</td><td align="center">W-L</td><td align="center">W-L</td><td align="center">O-U</td><td align="center">O-U</td><td align="center">W-L</td><td align="center">W-L</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">All Games</td><td>1-0</td><td>18-14</td><td>0-1</td><td>16-17</td><td>0-1</td><td>12-21</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Road Games</td><td>0-0</td><td>8-8</td><td>0-0</td><td>8-8</td><td>0-0</td><td>4-12</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Underdog by 3.5 to 9.5</td><td>0-0</td><td>6-5</td><td>0-0</td><td>6-6</td><td>0-0</td><td>2-10</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Underdog All</td><td>1-0</td><td>11-9</td><td>0-1</td><td>11-10</td><td>0-1</td><td>5-16</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Road Underdog</td><td>0-0</td><td>8-6</td><td>0-0</td><td>7-7</td><td>0-0</td><td>4-10</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Over/Under <= 39.5</td><td>1-0</td><td>11-11</td><td>0-1</td><td>12-11</td><td>0-1</td><td>9-14</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After 1 Week Off</td><td>0-0</td><td>13-14</td><td>0-0</td><td>16-12</td><td>0-0</td><td>9-19</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After a Home Game</td><td>0-0</td><td>7-8</td><td>0-0</td><td>10-5</td><td>0-0</td><td>4-11</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">vs. AFC Opponents</td><td>1-0</td><td>16-9</td><td>0-1</td><td>14-11</td><td>0-1</td><td>10-15</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">vs. AFC North</td><td>0-0</td><td>1-1</td><td>0-0</td><td>1-1</td><td>0-0</td><td>1-1</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">On Grass</td><td>0-0</td><td>3-4</td><td>0-0</td><td>5-2</td><td>0-0</td><td>2-5</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After Loss</td><td>0-0</td><td>10-7</td><td>0-0</td><td>7-11</td><td>0-0</td><td>8-10</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">vs Team with .500+ Record in Previous 6 Games</td><td>1-0</td><td>11-10</td><td>0-1</td><td>12-10</td><td>0-1</td><td>6-16</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After Covering Spread</td><td>1-0</td><td>17-14</td><td>0-1</td><td>16-16</td><td>0-1</td><td>11-21</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">vs PIT</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-0</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After Scoring 17 or Less</td><td>0-0</td><td>8-8</td><td>0-0</td><td>8-9</td><td>0-0</td><td>6-11</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After Allowing 17 or Less</td><td>0-0</td><td>5-6</td><td>0-0</td><td>8-3</td><td>0-0</td><td>3-8</td></tr> <tr class="stathead" style="background: rgb(0, 0, 0) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;"><td colspan="7" align="center">Pittsburgh - Recent ATS Trends</td></tr> <tr class="substathead"><td width="25%"> </td><td colspan="2" align="center">Against the spread</td><td colspan="2" align="center">Over/Under</td><td colspan="2" align="center">Straight Up</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td> </td><td align="center">2007</td><td align="center">2005-2007</td><td align="center">2007</td><td align="center">2005-2007</td><td align="center">2007</td><td align="center">2005-2007</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td align="center">Description</td><td align="center">W-L</td><td align="center">W-L</td><td align="center">O-U</td><td align="center">O-U</td><td align="center">W-L</td><td align="center">W-L</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">All Games</td><td>1-0</td><td>18-15</td><td>1-0</td><td>18-12</td><td>1-0</td><td>20-13</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Home Games</td><td>0-0</td><td>9-7</td><td>0-0</td><td>13-1</td><td>0-0</td><td>10-6</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Favored by 3.5 to 9.5</td><td>1-0</td><td>10-4</td><td>1-0</td><td>7-5</td><td>1-0</td><td>11-3</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Favored All</td><td>1-0</td><td>14-12</td><td>1-0</td><td>17-7</td><td>1-0</td><td>16-10</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Home Favorite</td><td>0-0</td><td>9-7</td><td>0-0</td><td>13-1</td><td>0-0</td><td>10-6</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Over/Under <= 39.5</td><td>1-0</td><td>12-10</td><td>1-0</td><td>14-6</td><td>1-0</td><td>14-8</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After 1 Week Off</td><td>0-0</td><td>14-14</td><td>0-0</td><td>15-11</td><td>0-0</td><td>16-12</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After a Road Game</td><td>0-0</td><td>5-10</td><td>0-0</td><td>11-4</td><td>0-0</td><td>6-9</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">vs. AFC Opponents</td><td>1-0</td><td>11-14</td><td>1-0</td><td>14-9</td><td>1-0</td><td>13-12</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">vs. AFC East</td><td>0-0</td><td>1-1</td><td>0-0</td><td>2-0</td><td>0-0</td><td>1-1</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">On Grass</td><td>1-0</td><td>15-11</td><td>1-0</td><td>17-6</td><td>1-0</td><td>17-9</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After Win</td><td>0-0</td><td>8-9</td><td>0-0</td><td>10-6</td><td>0-0</td><td>10-7</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">vs Team with Losing Record in Previous 6 Games</td><td>1-0</td><td>9-5</td><td>1-0</td><td>9-4</td><td>1-0</td><td>10-4</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After Covering Spread</td><td>1-0</td><td>17-15</td><td>1-0</td><td>17-12</td><td>1-0</td><td>19-13</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">vs BUF</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-0</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After Scoring 25+ PTS</td><td>0-0</td><td>4-8</td><td>0-0</td><td>7-4</td><td>0-0</td><td>6-6</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After Allowing 17 or Less</td><td>0-0</td><td>7-7</td><td>0-0</td><td>9-4</td><td>0-0</td><td>8-6</td></tr></tbody></table></center>

You know, the old "Lets get this win for ______" line.

Yeah, I agree, but I think this happens in their next home game, not this week.

I also agree with you that Pittsburgh didn't play as well as the score says. Of course, they also could have put up 50 if they'd really have tried.

Thing is, you have to sort of throw out that game for Pittsburgh because they were gifted 17 points before the game even really started. From there on it was just a matter of leaning on the Browns, pinning their ears back and attacking the QB.

It, unfortunately, doesn't really tell you a lot about them except that they can score TDs when you give them the ball on your own 20 yardline. Which, frankly, every team should be able to do--especially a few weeks after camp ends and you've been running that drill for two months.

This, of course, makes Baltimore with Boller at the helm look that much worse for being unable to accomplish this feat.

Green Bay @ NYG

Green Bay (211) vs New York (212)
16/09/2007 (week 2)
AccuScore Game Forecast <table class="tablehead"><tbody><tr class="substathead"><td align="center">Team</td><td align="center">Win Percent</td><td align="center">Average Score</td><td align="center">Big Win</td><td align="center">Close Win</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Green Bay Packers</td><td>52.1%</td><td>20.0</td><td>20.7%</td><td>17.6%</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">New York Giants</td><td>47.8%</td><td>19.9</td><td>20.1%</td><td>15.2%</td></tr></tbody></table>

AccuScore Composite Index
<iframe src="http://accuscore.com/game_details.php?gid=24" frameborder="0" height="310" width="744"></iframe>

AccuScore Player Forecast <table style="border: 0px none ; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; width: 744px;"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 0px none ; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;" valign="top"><table class="tablehead" style="margin: 0px; width: 100%;"><tbody><tr class="stathead" style="background: rgb(41, 66, 57) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;"><td colspan="5" align="center">Green Bay Packers</td></tr> <tr class="substathead"><td colspan="5" align="center">PASSING</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td align="center">Player</td><td align="center">QBR</td><td align="center">YDS</td><td align="center">TD</td><td align="center">INT</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Brett Favre </td><td>75.3 </td><td>259.3 </td><td>1.3 </td><td>1.3 </td></tr> <tr class="substathead"><td colspan="5" align="center">RUSHING</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td align="center">Player</td><td align="center">RUSH</td><td align="center">YDS</td><td align="center">YPC</td><td align="center">TD</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Brandon Jackson </td><td>17.5 </td><td>66.2 </td><td>3.8 </td><td>0.3 </td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Vernand Morency </td><td>7.3 </td><td>27.4 </td><td>3.8 </td><td>0.1 </td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Brett Favre </td><td>1.4 </td><td>1.9 </td><td> </td><td>0.0 </td></tr> <tr class="substathead"><td colspan="5" align="center">RECEIVING</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td align="center">Player</td><td align="center">REC</td><td align="center">RECYD</td><td align="center">YPC</td><td align="center">RECTD</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">James Jones </td><td>4.7 </td><td>60.1 </td><td>12.8 </td><td>0.3 </td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Donald Driver </td><td>4.5 </td><td>60.1 </td><td>13.4 </td><td>0.3 </td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Greg Jennings </td><td>2.9 </td><td>39.7 </td><td>13.7 </td><td>0.2 </td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Ruvell Martin </td><td>1.8 </td><td>29.4 </td><td>16.3 </td><td>0.1 </td></tr> <tr class="substathead"><td colspan="5" align="center">DEFENSE</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td align="center">Player</td><td align="center">SACK</td><td align="center">INT</td><td align="center">FUMR</td><td align="center">TO</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">GB </td><td>1.9 </td><td>1.2 </td><td>0.7 </td><td>1.9 </td></tr> </tbody></table></td><td width="10"> </td><td style="border: 0px none ; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;" valign="top"><table class="tablehead" style="margin: 0px; width: 100%;"><tbody><tr class="stathead" style="background: rgb(0, 49, 85) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;"><td colspan="5" align="center">New York Giants</td></tr> <tr class="substathead"><td colspan="5" align="center">PASSING</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td align="center">Player</td><td align="center">QBR</td><td align="center">YDS</td><td align="center">TD</td><td align="center">INT</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Jared Lorenzen </td><td>71.4 </td><td>222.2 </td><td>1.3 </td><td>1.2 </td></tr> <tr class="substathead"><td colspan="5" align="center">RUSHING</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td align="center">Player</td><td align="center">RUSH</td><td align="center">YDS</td><td align="center">YPC</td><td align="center">TD</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Derrick Ward </td><td>18.2 </td><td>86.6 </td><td>4.8 </td><td>0.4 </td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Reuben Droughns </td><td>9.2 </td><td>31.6 </td><td>3.4 </td><td>0.2 </td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Jared Lorenzen </td><td>1.2 </td><td>2.7 </td><td> </td><td>0.0 </td></tr> <tr class="substathead"><td colspan="5" align="center">RECEIVING</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td align="center">Player</td><td align="center">REC</td><td align="center">RECYD</td><td align="center">YPC</td><td align="center">RECTD</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Plaxico Burress </td><td>4.6 </td><td>77.5 </td><td>16.8 </td><td>0.7 </td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Amani Toomer </td><td>3.7 </td><td>47.9 </td><td>12.9 </td><td>0.2 </td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Jeremy Shockey </td><td>3.7 </td><td>46.3 </td><td>12.5 </td><td>0.2 </td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Steve Smith (NYG) </td><td>1.6 </td><td>20.7 </td><td>12.9 </td><td>0.1 </td></tr> <tr class="substathead"><td colspan="5" align="center">DEFENSE</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td align="center">Player</td><td align="center">SACK</td><td align="center">INT</td><td align="center">FUMR</td><td align="center">TO</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">NYG </td><td>1.6 </td><td>1.3 </td><td>0.9 </td><td>2.2 </td></tr> </tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
Team Trends and Angles <table class="tablehead"><tbody><tr class="stathead" style="background: rgb(41, 66, 57) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;"><td colspan="7" align="center">Green Bay - Recent ATS Trends</td></tr> <tr class="substathead"><td width="25%"> </td><td colspan="2" align="center">Against the spread</td><td colspan="2" align="center">Over/Under</td><td colspan="2" align="center">Straight Up</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td> </td><td align="center">2007</td><td align="center">2005-2007</td><td align="center">2007</td><td align="center">2005-2007</td><td align="center">2007</td><td align="center">2005-2007</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td align="center">Description</td><td align="center">W-L</td><td align="center">W-L</td><td align="center">O-U</td><td align="center">O-U</td><td align="center">W-L</td><td align="center">W-L</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">All Games</td><td>1-0</td><td>14-17</td><td>0-1</td><td>13-18</td><td>1-0</td><td>13-20</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Road Games</td><td>0-0</td><td>8-7</td><td>0-0</td><td>7-8</td><td>0-0</td><td>6-10</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Underdog by 3.5 to 9.5</td><td>0-0</td><td>9-6</td><td>0-0</td><td>6-8</td><td>0-0</td><td>6-9</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Underdog All</td><td>1-0</td><td>10-11</td><td>0-1</td><td>8-14</td><td>1-0</td><td>7-16</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Road Underdog</td><td>0-0</td><td>8-7</td><td>0-0</td><td>7-8</td><td>0-0</td><td>6-10</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Over/Under <= 39.5</td><td>0-0</td><td>4-10</td><td>0-0</td><td>6-8</td><td>0-0</td><td>5-9</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After 1 Week Off</td><td>0-0</td><td>12-14</td><td>0-0</td><td>12-14</td><td>0-0</td><td>11-17</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After a Home Game</td><td>0-0</td><td>7-5</td><td>0-0</td><td>8-5</td><td>0-0</td><td>6-7</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">vs. NFC Opponents</td><td>1-0</td><td>12-11</td><td>0-1</td><td>9-14</td><td>1-0</td><td>12-13</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">vs. NFC East</td><td>1-0</td><td>1-2</td><td>0-1</td><td>0-3</td><td>1-0</td><td>1-2</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">On Turf</td><td>0-0</td><td>4-4</td><td>0-0</td><td>4-4</td><td>0-0</td><td>3-6</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After Win</td><td>0-0</td><td>3-7</td><td>0-0</td><td>1-8</td><td>0-0</td><td>4-6</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">vs Team with Losing Record in Previous 6 Games</td><td>0-0</td><td>6-7</td><td>0-0</td><td>4-8</td><td>0-0</td><td>7-6</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After Covering Spread</td><td>1-0</td><td>13-15</td><td>0-1</td><td>12-16</td><td>1-0</td><td>13-17</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">vs NYG</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-0</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After Scoring 17 or Less</td><td>0-0</td><td>6-9</td><td>0-0</td><td>9-7</td><td>0-0</td><td>7-10</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After Allowing 17 or Less</td><td>0-0</td><td>2-6</td><td>0-0</td><td>3-5</td><td>0-0</td><td>2-6</td></tr> <tr class="stathead" style="background: rgb(0, 49, 85) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;"><td colspan="7" align="center">New York - Recent ATS Trends</td></tr> <tr class="substathead"><td width="25%"> </td><td colspan="2" align="center">Against the spread</td><td colspan="2" align="center">Over/Under</td><td colspan="2" align="center">Straight Up</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td> </td><td align="center">2007</td><td align="center">2005-2007</td><td align="center">2007</td><td align="center">2005-2007</td><td align="center">2007</td><td align="center">2005-2007</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"><td align="center">Description</td><td align="center">W-L</td><td align="center">W-L</td><td align="center">O-U</td><td align="center">O-U</td><td align="center">W-L</td><td align="center">W-L</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">All Games</td><td>0-1</td><td>18-14</td><td>1-0</td><td>16-15</td><td>0-1</td><td>19-14</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Home Games</td><td>0-0</td><td>10-7</td><td>0-0</td><td>6-11</td><td>0-0</td><td>11-6</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Favored by 3.5 to 9.5</td><td>0-0</td><td>6-3</td><td>0-0</td><td>3-5</td><td>0-0</td><td>6-3</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Favored All</td><td>0-0</td><td>12-8</td><td>0-0</td><td>10-9</td><td>0-0</td><td>15-5</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Home Favorite</td><td>0-0</td><td>9-6</td><td>0-0</td><td>6-9</td><td>0-0</td><td>11-4</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">Over/Under <= 39.5</td><td>0-0</td><td>4-4</td><td>0-0</td><td>5-3</td><td>0-0</td><td>5-3</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After 1 Week Off</td><td>0-0</td><td>16-12</td><td>0-0</td><td>14-12</td><td>0-0</td><td>17-11</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After a Road Game</td><td>0-0</td><td>7-5</td><td>0-0</td><td>6-5</td><td>0-0</td><td>7-5</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">vs. NFC Opponents</td><td>0-1</td><td>16-8</td><td>1-0</td><td>13-11</td><td>0-1</td><td>15-10</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">vs. NFC North</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-2</td><td>0-0</td><td>1-1</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-2</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">On Turf</td><td>0-1</td><td>13-9</td><td>1-0</td><td>9-13</td><td>0-1</td><td>13-10</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After Loss</td><td>0-0</td><td>9-4</td><td>0-0</td><td>7-5</td><td>0-0</td><td>9-4</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">vs Team with .500+ Record in Previous 6 Games</td><td>0-1</td><td>11-11</td><td>1-0</td><td>13-9</td><td>0-1</td><td>12-11</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After Not Covering Spread</td><td>0-1</td><td>16-13</td><td>1-0</td><td>14-14</td><td>0-1</td><td>17-13</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">vs GB</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-0</td><td>0-0</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After Scoring 25+ PTS</td><td>0-0</td><td>7-4</td><td>0-0</td><td>5-7</td><td>0-0</td><td>6-6</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td class="sortcell">After Allowing 25+ PTS</td><td>0-0</td><td>5-3</td><td>0-0</td><td>4-3</td><td>0-0</td><td>5-3</td></tr></tbody></table>

I agree with what you are saying about the attitude of the Pukesburgh players... When you have a lead like that and you are playing an inferior opponent, it is hard to execute play in and play out.

Also, Charlie Frye was responsible for at least 4 of those sacks.

As far as some of the trend/statistical information above...I just look at it for entertainment BUT thought a lot of you would use it...If there is a certain match up you are interested in, let me know. I know some of the "trend guys" would love this stuff

Truthfully, I want the inside story on why Frye was shipped off.

Something had to happen.

I realize he played poorly. I get that. And I get that he was the scapegoat. But part of me thinks there had to be something that went down in the locker room either during or after the game.

I imagine this breaks his heart in some ways because he's from Akron and all that, but I just have this feeling he opened his mouth and Romeo jumped on the chance to do his best Monty Burns, "You're FIRED."

lol I know, it sounds crazy doesn't it. I have been trying to get a hold of a buddy from high school that played with Charlie at Akron- he has not talked to him though. It is amazing how he can "win" the starting job and the all of a sudden be cast off the island a quarter into the game

Also, in your first post, are those bananas f**king each other?

Not to tangent here, but who creates that graphic?

Who thinks, "I know, you've got two bananas, and one is banging the other from behind--it's a two shot from the side, here I'll show you."

What the f**k?

I have been trying to get a hold of a buddy from high school that played with Charlie at Akron- he has not talked to him though.

I'll be very interested to hear if you get the story on that. Very interested indeed.

We knew Charlie was going to win it, though. For as bad as he practices, he's still better than Derek Anderson without trying much.

When I talked to my friend (who transfered to different school) he said that he had not talked to Charlie in a year or so....I doubt I will here anything from him but I am sure it will leak out somehow (whether if it is through his family, U of A, or Cleveland)...

Frye sacked again

Trade to Seattle dashes childhood dream
By Marla Ridenour
Beacon Journal sportswriter
Published on Tuesday, Sep 11, 2007

The city of Willard saved money when it posted a proud, but innocuous sign at its outskirts reading: ''Home of Charlie Frye, NFL quarterback.''
Frye, the kid who grew up with a poster of Bernie Kosar in his bedroom, achieved his childhood dream of playing quarterback for the Browns. But that dream ended Tuesday, when the former University of Akron standout was traded to the Seattle Seahawks for a sixth-round draft pick.
Soon, another Ohioan who dressed in Browns garb as a youngster, Dublin's Brady Quinn, will attempt to lead Cleveland's struggling franchise back to respectability.

For the short term, General Manager Phil Savage said Derek Anderson will be the starter when the Browns (0-1) host Cincinnati (1-0) Sunday, and Quinn will move up to No. 2.

Ken Dorsey, who served as Quinn mentor's until he was released Sept. 1, was re-signed to resume tutoring Quinn, the 22nd overall pick from Notre Dame.

''If we waited another week, we might lose out on Ken Dorsey; there was a lot of talk he was going to Seattle,'' Savage said Tuesday. ''The value of what we got was about the same as it would have been on draft day, in June or August.''

Frye, a third-round pick in 2005, went 6-13 as a starter and emerged from a competition with Anderson this summer as No. 1 on the depth chart almost by default. The stronger-armed Anderson was perceived as ahead when camp began, but he appeared unable to handle the pressure.
But Frye was merely a stopgap until the Browns could get Quinn ready, a process that slowed after Quinn's holdout cost him 11 days and 16 training-camp practices. Now it is Anderson, 0-3 in his career as a starter, who must cope with that uncertainty.

''By making Brady the backup, it obviously ramps up his preparation in terms of the number of reps and keeping him on course with the potential opportunity to play at some point this year,'' Savage said.
Asked why the Browns won't start Quinn against the Bengals, Savage said: ''We've had those discussions, we've talked about it a lot. There is a feeling that he's certainly closer to being ready to play. But we want to be able to give him a full gamut of plays and give him a chance to have some success. I don't know if that happens in two weeks, four weeks, six weeks. We feel good about what he's doing. There's some things that he needs to get some experience on the practice field with.

''The important thing in the big picture is we develop Brady Quinn in the right way . . . and win.''

On Tuesday afternoon, Frye was headed to Seattle, which reached the Super Bowl after the 2005 season. He'll learn the West Coast offense under coach Mike Holmgren and be No. 3 behind Matt Hasselbeck and Seneca Wallace.

''I know the best of my career is still ahead of me,'' Frye said in a statement released by the Browns.

Seattle visits Cleveland on Nov. 4.
According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Frye is the first quarterback since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger to start his team's season opener and be traded before week two.

Savage said he'd been floating the idea of trading Frye or Anderson for months. That took on more urgency after Frye's dismal performance in Sunday's 34-7 home-opening loss to Pittsburgh. Frye completed 4-of-10 passes for 34 yards and an interception and was sacked five times. His quarterback rating was 10.0.

Anderson replaced him with 6:34 left in the second quarter and completed 13-of-28 for 184 yards and a touchdown, plus an interception and a sack. His rating was 65.2.

Savage said: ''A year ago I was saying, 'Let's try to build the thing around Charlie.' We attempted to do that. He came into a very tough situation. We've had a number of coordinators; I vouched for him in a number of different situations that came up during his time here. But at the same time, Sunday we needed to see more production. The most revealing thing that happened was that in his 10 (actually 15) attempts, he took five sacks; in Derek's 28 (actually 29) attempts, he took one sack.''

Savage said Frye talked to several people in Berea on Monday night, including Savage and coach Romeo Crennel. Savage met with Frye again at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday to give him the news.

''He's obviously disappointed,'' Savage said. ''When you get drafted in the third round and you come to your hometown team, you want it to to turn out differently. He realizes he was put in a pretty tough spot. I told him some of the things he's been through the last two years will serve him well. He's been through a lot more than a lot of other young quarterbacks. I think it will help him.

''He handled it with maturity. He's a good person, he works hard, and I think he'll do OK out there. It's going to be a different system; that will give him a chance to grow and develop.''

Akron coach J.D. Brookhart said he feels bad for Frye, but he hasn't lost faith in him.

''He works very hard. He's got all the intangibles,'' Brookhart said. ''You don't know (Sunday) if the receivers ran the wrong routes, or the protection wasn't right. You don't know how to assess everything off a quarter and a half. It's not like that's his first game.

''Charlie will have his opportunity again, and knowing him, he'll be prepared for it. Charlie is the right kind of guy. He will press on. He'll be in the NFL a long time.''
<hr color="#cccccc" size="1">Marla Ridenour can be reached at mridenour@thebeaconjournal.com. Read her Browns blog at http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/browns/.

<!--endclickprintinclude-->

Seattle trade is stunning and baffling Outsiders see move as act of desperation
By Patrick
Published on Tuesday, Sep 11, 2007
Somehow this trade seems good for Charlie Frye.

He gets to go to the Seattle Seahawks, try to piece his career back together for Mike Holmgren, a guy who knows a thing or two about quarterbacking. And he gets away from the dysfunctional mess that is the Browns.

Did we say dysfunctional? That's pretty harsh, but let's take a look at the result of this trade of the opening day starter two days after a dysfunctional opening game.

Frye ''won'' the ''quarterback competition'' of training camp because the Browns felt he gave the team the best chance to win.
He got a quarter and a half to prove himself in the regular season.
He's gone.

Anderson finished second in the competition. In a two-man competition, he lost. He's now the starter.

Brady Quinn, who three weeks ago was not ready to be one play away from being the starter, is now one play away from being the starter.
And Ken Dorsey, who was cut 10 days ago, is back as the veteran mentor to Quinn.

So the offense is being led by a quarterback who has never won a game, a quarterback who has never played a game and a guy brought in to be a mentor even though the coach said he would only want guys on the roster because they can play.

This trade brings clarity to the quarterback position, General Manager Phil Savage said.

Glad we cleared that up.
In an effort to clarify things, the Browns made a move unprecedented in modern NFL history. Elias Sports Bureau reported that since the AFL/NFL merger in 1970, no quarterback had ever started the first game and been traded before Week 2.
That's only 37 years.

Savage said the move doesn't change the team's plans but adjusts them.
OK.

But it sure seems like a pretty major change at a time when well major changes are not made. These kinds of moves are usually made late in preseason, as part of the building of a roster.

The last time a change like this was made was 1999, when Tim Couch stepped in for Ty Detmer. This is not the same, but we all know how that one worked out.

Words like ''priceless'' and ''flabbergasted'' were used by people in the league. One insider said the image was that the Browns were acting out of ''desperation.'' Time will tell, but Savage said the main job of the team this year is to develop Brady Quinn the right way.

After a brief pause, he added: ''And win.''

Glad we clarified that as well.

Frye clearly has a ways to go to be a dependable NFL quarterback. But the trade comes just less than two weeks after Savage said Frye deserved a chance to play some games with a ''full deck.''
Frye's the one who got dealt after a chance that lasted a little more than 20 minutes.

Make no mistake, this was a bad 20 minutes. Real bad.
Ten passes, five sacks, rating of 10, deer-in-the-headlights look.
Clearly, Frye had lost any confidence he ever had when he joined the Browns.

But maybe coin flips and being given the job before he earned it and being beat up regularly and playing with an injured wrist and trying to learn a new offense while looking over your shoulder at the first-round draft choice all can affect confidence.

Maybe.
What's evident is that everything Frye did in the opener he did in preseason and last season and his rookie season.

The Pittsburgh Steelers gave him fits. He held the ball too long. He depended on running around to make plays like he did at the University of Akron.

This was no great revelation.
Yet he was named the starter, as if he'd be transformed from preseason to the regular season with some pixie dust. Now a third-round pick is traded for a sixth-round pick and that is called ''value.''

Anderson is tabbed to start, and guess what? He probably will do the same things against the Cincinnati Bengals that he did against Pittsburgh. Stand in the pocket, get rid of the ball, make some good throws, make some bad throws and turn the ball over.

It's curious to hear Savage say that Frye was named the starter for the first game, that he had no guarantees at his position. Fair enough.
Frye clearly had problems Sunday. But to think that he was the only problem is shortsighted.

This team has big problems, including with reactions like this that come across as knee-jerk to a bad game.

The Browns say they are an organization that is together and united and focused with a vision for the future.

The problem is they don't show that.

They don't show it on the field or in personnel decisions or when naming an opening day starter and then trading him two days after opening day.
Frye gets to go to Seattle and play in the West Coast offense for Holmgren.

Browns fans? They're left with struggles that never seem to end.

<hr color="#cccccc" size="1">Patrick McManamon can be reached at pmcmanamon@thebeaconjournal.com. Read his blog at http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/mcmanamon/.
<!--endclickprintinclude-->

And when have you ever seen a GM come out and announce that so and so was going to be the starting QB? I Phil brought the players to Romeo, then it was up to Romeo to decide what to do with them?

THanks Blitz...same to you

FINAL CARD

NE -3 (3.6-3)

Chicago -12 (1.1-1)

STL/SF UNDER 44 (1.1-1)

Cinci -6.5 (1.1-1)

NO -3 (1.2-1.2)

Buffalo/Pitts OVER 38.5 (1.1-1)

Chicago-6/ Balty -4 (1.2-1)

GB/NYG OVER 38.5 (2.2-2)

ATL + 10.5 (1.2-1)

Tennessee +7.5 (1.2-1)

Carolina -6.5 (.55-.5)

Truthfully, I want the inside story on why Frye was shipped off.

Something had to happen.

I realize he played poorly. I get that. And I get that he was the scapegoat. But part of me thinks there had to be something that went down in the locker room either during or after the game.

I imagine this breaks his heart in some ways because he's from Akron and all that, but I just have this feeling he opened his mouth and Romeo jumped on the chance to do his best Monty Burns, "You're FIRED."
:smiley_acbe:tHATS WHAT IM THINKING

ADDING
Fantasy Football Betting

P Burress +1.5 OVER D Driver (.3-.27)

B Berrian (CHI) -1 OVER T Gonzalez (.3-.27)

Team Totals

Buffalo Bills OVER 14 (.3-.27)

Green Bay Packers OVER 18 (.3-.27)

**I will keep props separate from my record**

If your around yessir, will you explain the NE pick? I really like the chargers but i respect your opinion and if your on it, i need to take a second look.

BOL

Back