Week 2 ML Dogs...

My life so crazy my party started 4 hours ago, 1st time seeing card! lol. I at least been listening to some pods so had few ideas at places I wanted to look.

Pains me to say it (not really) but think Gtech for sure on upset alert here. I liked it better when that was my little prop team ppl thought sucked last year! Now everyone loves Gtech, I get it, they have a very good offense. Thing is they played cuse last year and despite the fact cuse couldn’t pass on a high school team last year they still made this a game! I know we only have Ohio game to look at but I promise cuse couldn’t have put up any kind of passing game like vs Ohio or any little sister of the poor, there no question they at least have a respectable passing attack and you can throw all over Gtech, they gave up leads all the time. I don’t think much has changed other than the fact DJ U was in new offense with all new players so couldn’t do it consistently, he still moved it pretty easily at times tho, Gtech rushing attack does scare me after seeing Ohio rb go for 200+ gotta think Haynes having a big day. King prob will also I just like king more from a prop standpoint, like some of cuse passing game as well, I could see Gtech coming out strong as they usually do but cuse passing game should figure out they can move the ball all over this d. Might be more props for me than side but think ppl should avoid the hell out of Gtech. Just look at last year and how close cuse kept it when everyone knew they couldn’t throw a forward pass!

Dunno why line keeps going up but i sure think okie light could easily get beat. Petrino calling offense with that kid who can run all over is gonna be in this game.

Pittsburgh looks pretty good. Up-tempo attack can put up a lot of points. Lots of reasons to dislike Cincy defense, especially seeing them gashed by Towson rush attack, and their QB who i’m low on will have a much tougher test this week

Pittsburgh looks pretty good. Up-tempo attack can put up a lot of points. Lots of reasons to dislike Cincy defense, especially seeing them gashed by Towson rush attack, and their QB who i’m low on will have a much tougher test this week

Soon as I read @Br@ssknux was on cincy overt pitt, I didn’t even read write up I thought good cincy program fading one my fav whipping boy coaches that had to check still had his job narduzzi, but then i remembered I don’t trust cincy anymore for same reasom I never trusted Ville, Satterfield there coach! I ain’t betting that dude as a small home fav! He way do smart for his own good and only time his offense works when athletic qb bails him out! The worst part is he goes into game with a plan, doesn’t matter if it works he just keeps w the same dumb shit!

I generally hate narduzi (or actually love him, to fade) cause the only time he ever had an offense was when he accidentally got Pickett and had no choice! His defensive front 7s were always nasty but the better offense got more corners got roasted,, soon as picket left he went back to as much ball control and garbage as possible. They have an offense now? I’ll say this much, I think getting plus money he can come up with a defensive scheme easy for Satterfield, if not he should be fired!! Tell me bout their offense? He still have nasty front 7 lplayere? I could get down with Pitt as dogs. Im totally blind on the actually talent tho, guess I gotta look at shit. Or you could just tell me!! I wanna believe cause I know im right when it comes to schemes and how these 2 run programs and I like Pitt as dogs in that regard.

I’d rather pit not throw 40x but I’d think they run ball more or they back to throwing that much?

It was pretty close last year after Cincy jumped all over pitt. Pitt had that god awful qb you had to feel bad for, dude arm snapped off years ago at BC? despite not being able to throw still was out there! Cincy ran for over 200 tho, there was a time pitt wasn’t letting that happen!

They're in my thread but these are what I have so far for dogs. Nothing crazy.

Syracuse ML +125 .5* Bet365
Michigan St ML +290 .5* ESPNBet
Illinois ML +165 .5* Bet365
SDSU ML +185 .5* Bet365

Tempted to take a flier on South Dakota ML over Wisky, still on the fence there

Pitt d scares me, that supposed to be narduzzi strength he got lazy? Nothing I’m reading super flattering, if the offense really good I trust they figure satterfiekd out but I’d feel way better if they had one those defenses and grinded. Not sure I want either side now. If I’m gonna bang heads w @Br@ssknux I gotta be more confident. I really don’t need this game on card, I have no clue who wins think it be up in air late so certainly have no issue with you taking the plus, if cincy like got bet up all morning I’d prob think bout Pitt w 3 or better.,,

They're in my thread but these are what I have so far for dogs. Nothing crazy.

Syracuse ML +125 .5* Bet365
Michigan St ML +290 .5* ESPNBet
Illinois ML +165 .5* Bet365
SDSU ML +185 .5* Bet365

Cuse appears very popular. I like them also but kinda been debating if I prefer side or couple props cause i do think it a last possession kind of game. If I can find a way I think I can have my money by half and not care what happens I’ll def jump on that! Lol. Of course I’ll kick myself if miss prop and cuse pulls it out, I do feel like a certain thing be a must for cuse fo win, but could easily cash if they come up short also.

Cuse appears very popular. I like them also but kinda been debating if I prefer side or couple props cause i do think it a last possession kind of game. If I can find a way I think I can have my money by half and not care what happens I’ll def jump on that! Lol. Of course I’ll kick myself if miss prop and cuse pulls it out, I do feel like a certain thing be a must for cuse fo win, but could easily cash if they come up short also.
Quit with the props unless you're just here to antagonize me. They aren't relevant here.

This seems like a spot to fade Georgia Tech. Not as good traditionally on favorite spots. They are ranked for the 1st time in ages and people down here are talking playoff (lol). Can totally see them peeing down their leg here in the strange environment that is the Carrier Dome or whatever they call it now.

Having said that, I'm on Syracuse under 7.5 wins for the season. I just didn't see 8 wins on that schedule.

Posted YTD: -$116.50

Played this longshot. Stock is low in each of these dogs and/or stock is high in the favs with exception of Tulane and Arkansas. I'm a believer in those coaches. John Sumrall has been on a roll for a while now and, as much as I despise him, Bobby Petrino is calling the offense for the Hogs. I'm not sure anyone is better at play-calling than BP?? Maybe Lane Kiffin?? I'll take my chances with the Hogs getting points.

2, 3, 4, 5, & 6-teamer RR with...

Colorado +190
Temple +450
Tulane +285
Arkansas +290
FIU +164
Michigan +220
Risked $30 ($0.50 per parlay except the 6-teamer...put $2 on that one) to Win $7,598.39

BOLTA!!

I was 0-2 last week on FCS vs FBS MLs, 2-3 FCS vs FCS.

This year, and last year mostly, it has been hazardous to one's health trying to get ahead of an FCS v FBS upset.

I did play Chattanooga today.

Copied from the FCS thread:

Chattanooga may have a chance vs Georgia State. Spread 8.5 from Sargin and 19.5 from Massey which seems way high.

Chattanooga was blown out vs Tennessee last week, Vols got up 45-0 just 22 minutes into the game! UTC didn’t cross midfield until after halftime. UTC suffered a similar fate in 2019 at the Vols. While they have not always fared well vs P5 FBS teams (outscored 91-10 combined vs Bama and Illinois ’23 and ’22) – I think the 2021 game vs Kentucky is evidence that the coaching staff does not treat FBS games as pure throwaway games (only lost 23-28 as 32.5 pt dogs and UTC led 16-14 in the 4Q).

The score vs UT is what it is, but this isn’t a bad team though. UTC advanced to the second round of the playoffs last year and were among the favorites to win their league again this season. I would think that they are going to match up better vs Georgia State who looks to be in rebuild mode on both sides of the ball and a new coaching staff. UTC has an underrated QB, two very good FCS WRs and an OL that brings back 3. The new guys are a VT transfer who sat out last year. He started 7 and was Fr AA in 2022 at VT. The other new starter is a Dll transfer RS JR who is getting his first Dl playing time this year. This offense has averaged 26-29 ppg the last 3 years and by most accounts this is to be their best unit and one of the best in the SoCon. The D here is usually very good. 3 straight years of 30+ sacks, have been slipping in the ppg from upper teens allowed to low/mid-20s last year. Huge loss at DE, the 2x SoCon DOY is gone, but they do have 6 of their top 8 back to the DL including Marlon Taylor – FCS Central’s pick for the #1 DT in the FCS. Should be good shape at LB and their pass eff D was #1 last year, maybe taking a step back this year, but still good. HC, OC, DC all 6th year.

How good is Georgia State? Looks like they didn’t play bad looking quickly vs GT in week 1. Their two recent FCS games I think show that the kind of talent at Georgia State typically has isn’t necessarily a whole lot better than FCS teams Vs Rhode Island last year (won 42-35 as 17.5 pt fav – URI had +96 total yard edge) and a few years back in 2019 vs Furman (won 48-42 as 7.5 pt fav – only a 40y edge for GaState).

I would think this is a game that UTC wants to compete well in to get that 69-3 UT game behind them. That is a really bad look, but this team went 8-5 last year and that was with their QB getting knocked out for the year and missing the last 3 (1-2 in those). Last week’s loss at UT might bump this line a little higher than it should be and recent history suggests UTC won’t win it given the blowouts in 3 of their last 4 vs FBS, but those were P5 SEC and B1G opponents. And Georgia State hasn’t handled their FCS opponents all that great their last two and is retooling everything.

S. Houston St. @ UCF: Gus Malzahn is 1-2 SU and 1-2 ATS in home games in which his team is coming off a victory of greater than 50pts. See pic 1. The only one he won SU & ATS was the Auburn home game vs. Bama in 2019.....I don't have to explain to anyone what that meant in terms of motivation for his Auburn team that day. Furthermore, home favs that have won 4 out of their last 10 vs. teams that have won 4 out of their last ten, coming off a victory of >50pts, and vs. and opponent coming off a victory of 15-25pts are 4-2 SU and 4-2 ATS. This trend is active on UCF and Auburn today and these favs have lost before! Actually twice so it is possible! See pic 2. Let's assume for a second that either UCF or Auburn loses their game today at home. Which one do you choose? I am not betting against Hugh Freeze and his numbers back up my POV. His teams are 3-0 SU & 2-1 ATS coming off of victories of >40pts. Therefore, if one of these dogs hit, I'm thinking the ingredients might be there for S. Houston St. to build it's road winning streak. Currently S. Houston St. has +1030 odds @ FD. This has to be worth putting some lunch money on! Pick: S. Houston St. +1030

gus.jpg

query3.jpg

Last edited:
Added this 2, 3, & 4-teamer RR. Gonna see how the early games play out....might add SHSU to the other 3 later games. For now though:

Tulane +285
Arkansas +290
Michigan +220
SHSU +1030
Risked $22 ($2.00 per parlay) to Win $2,215.76

BOLTA!

Added this 2, 3, & 4-teamer RR. Gonna see how the early games play out....might add SHSU to the other 3 later games. For now though:

Tulane +285
Arkansas +290
Michigan +220
SHSU +1030
Risked $22 ($2.00 per parlay) to Win $2,215.76

BOLTA!
Nice!

Added another 2, 3, & 4-teamer RR with home dogs & SHSU.

PS - all plays were at FD.

Tulane +265
Michigan +205
FIU +158
SHSU +1060
Risked $22 ($2.00 per parlay) to Win $1,654.83

BOLTA!

Last one...2, 3, & 4-teamer RR played at FD:

Temple +450
FIU +140
Illinois +146
SHSU +1060
Risked $22 ($2 per parlay) to Win $1,881.02

BOLTA!

S. Houston St. @ UCF: Gus Malzahn is 1-2 SU and 1-2 ATS in home games in which his team is coming off a victory of greater than 50pts. See pic 1. The only one he won SU & ATS was the Auburn home game vs. Bama in 2019.....I don't have to explain to anyone what that meant in terms of motivation for his Auburn team that day. Furthermore, home favs that have won 4 out of their last 10 vs. teams that have won 4 out of their last ten, coming off a victory of >50pts, and vs. and opponent coming off a victory of 15-25pts are 4-2 SU and 4-2 ATS. This trend is active on UCF and Auburn today and these favs have lost before! Actually twice so it is possible! See pic 2. Let's assume for a second that either UCF or Auburn loses their game today at home. Which one do you choose? I am not betting against Hugh Freeze and his numbers back up my POV. His teams are 3-0 SU & 2-1 ATS coming off of victories of >40pts. Therefore, if one of these dogs hit, I'm thinking the ingredients might be there for S. Houston St. to build it's road winning streak. Currently S. Houston St. has +1030 odds @ FD. This has to be worth putting some lunch money on! Pick: S. Houston St. +1030

View attachment 87980

View attachment 87981
This one sums up my day in a nutshell...I was smellin' an upset in this trend...either Cal or SHSU but I chose the loser. It's the Ole 50-50-90 rule again biting me in the arse....I had a 50% chance of being right and a 50% chance of being wrong but 90% of the time whatever I choose is wrong. 🤪:(.... anyway, I did manage a measly $9.81 returned on a 2-teamer from post #23 but overall another losing day. YTD: -$202.69. 🤮

Last vent and then I'm moving on....trying to figure out what happened yesterday so I ran some queries about the situation South Carolina was in yesterday. Away dog in a conference game, coming off a home win where they did not cover ATS by >10pts, previous game vs. a non-divisional opponent....I know I know it's a lot. I got it around 50% but then noticed some recent SU wins so I toyed with the date. I put in season>2021 and voila....5-0 SU and 5-0 ATS. I remember reading something on here, forgot who wrote it, about how all the portal acquisitions were going to change how we have to cap. That all started basically in 2021 season, correct? Something for me to think about in the future....if you made it this far then thanks for listening. ;)

query4.jpg

Back