Week 2 Misleading Final Scores

I agree on Penn State but disagree on Iowa ... at least as far as a misleading final score that would flatter them.

Here is the box score from that shitfest and Ball State's only TD was a fumble return by two players at once. Here is the box score which makes it seem like ball state is flattered ... though we know the iowa yards came 4th quarter on the comeback.

[TABLE="class: mod-data"]
<tbody>[TR="class: team-color-strip"]
[TH="align: left"][/TH]
[TH="align: left"]
BALL[/TH]
[TH="align: left"]
IOWA[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]1st Downs[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]27[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even"]
[TD="align: left"]3rd down efficiency
[/TD]
[TD]4-16[/TD]
[TD]10-19[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]4th down efficiency
[/TD]
[TD]0-0[/TD]
[TD]0-0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Total Yards[/TD]
[TD]219[/TD]
[TD]455[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Passing[/TD]
[TD]129[/TD]
[TD]342[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Comp-Att
[/TD]
[TD]15-30[/TD]
[TD]35-55[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Yards per pass
[/TD]
[TD]4.3[/TD]
[TD]6.2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Rushing[/TD]
[TD]90[/TD]
[TD]113[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Rushing Attempts
[/TD]
[TD]36[/TD]
[TD]29[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Yards per rush
[/TD]
[TD]2.5[/TD]
[TD]3.9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Penalties[/TD]
[TD]6-45[/TD]
[TD]3-30[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Turnovers[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Fumbles lost
[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="align: left"]Interceptions thrown
[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: bi, align: left"]Possession[/TD]
[TD]28:53[/TD]
[TD]31:07[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Penn State looked slow and Akron dropped a lot of passes... agree that was a one score type game and not a blow out on the field ...at all.

The fact that Vanderbilt scored 3 points is an anomaly. I dont think they score rest of year. Wake Forest actually has three women on their offensive depth chart. I actually give the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) a higher power ranking.

Maryland-South Florida. Maryland with six turnovers, four in South Florida territory and another that was returned for a TD by USF.

Did I hear correctly that Stanford had 6 trips inside the USC 30 with only the 10 points to show?

If you were a Beaver backer (I was) things looked great in Honolulu with Oregon St laying 9.5 vs Hawaii. 31-7 halftime and 38-7 after 3 quarters. Then the Beavs went on cruise control. Over their final 6 drives they only gained 1 first down while UH gained 233 yards and 23 pts in the same time span (had 112 yards for 2.5 quarters prior). UH's final score came with just 1:35 left in the game for the 38-30 final.

Air Force had a TD called back due to illegal motion and had to settle for FG on the first drive. They later also would miss a FG. Both teams settled for short 4th qrt FGs after having 1st downs in the RZ. WYO's 4th qrt FG was set up by an AF fum (AF -2 TO). The only time Wyoming looked like the better team was when they went hurry-up 2 minute drill for the eventual lead on the game winning drive. WYO was 4 of 14 on 3rd down to AF's 10-21. WYO was held to 2.0y per rush.

Army nearly blew a 47-17 lead in the 4th qrt as Buffalo would finish on a 21-0 run and 200 yards on their final 4 drives of the game.

I don't have PAC 12 Network, can somebody explain what is going on with UCLA? The O sucks week 1, the D sucks week 2, what's next....a loss to Texas?

If you were a Beaver backer (I was) things looked great in Honolulu with Oregon St laying 9.5 vs Hawaii. 31-7 halftime and 38-7 after 3 quarters. Then the Beavs went on cruise control. Over their final 6 drives they only gained 1 first down while UH gained 233 yards and 23 pts in the same time span (had 112 yards for 2.5 quarters prior). UH's final score came with just 1:35 left in the game for the 38-30 final.

Air Force had a TD called back due to illegal motion and had to settle for FG on the first drive. They later also would miss a FG. Both teams settled for short 4th qrt FGs after having 1st downs in the RZ. WYO's 4th qrt FG was set up by an AF fum (AF -2 TO). The only time Wyoming looked like the better team was when they went hurry-up 2 minute drill for the eventual lead on the game winning drive. WYO was 4 of 14 on 3rd down to AF's 10-21. WYO was held to 2.0y per rush.

Army nearly blew a 47-17 lead in the 4th qrt as Buffalo would finish on a 21-0 run and 200 yards on their final 4 drives of the game.

I don't have PAC 12 Network, can somebody explain what is going on with UCLA? The O sucks week 1, the D sucks week 2, what's next....a loss to Texas?

:enraged:

Maryland up by 4 with about 2m left and a 1st down at the USF 10 could've tried to run one in and cover the closing number 10/10.5, but they took knees and killed the clock instead. In the 2nd half Maryland had two first and goals and another 1st down inside the USF 20, but those drives only amounted to 3 pts (note the aforementioned 6 TOs (-5 ratio). USF held to 250 yards, their offense only producted 10 pts.

Penn St and Iowa that bad?

Regardless of what the numbers say (Hackenberg 300y passing), it was a terrible day by him. He made some poor decisions vs UCF and those bad decisions were still being made vs Akron. He was off alot vs Akron. 2 weeks in a row he puts up the numbers with yards, but he isn't quite as polished yet as those yardage numbers might suggest.

Not sure about Iowa. Some teams come out of the gate hitting on all cylinders and some teams have to work for their mojo. Iowa is definitely the later. Can't believe it took 3.5 qrts for them to score their first TD vs Ball St. Iowa did miss 3 FGs (35, 37, 29 yarders) - so they were down there, but RZ O problems.

Back