3 Unit Plays: 1-2 -3.45Units
2 Unit Plays: 0-2 -4.4Units
1 Unit Plays: 0-0
Plays of the Wk: 0-0
SoCar Games: 0-1
Totals: 0-0
Overall: 1-4 -7.85Units
SC Season Wins O7 (1-0) 3.6 to Win 3.0

**I have a 2unit play on FSU-1.5 pending from WK1.

I got it taken to me in WK1, nothing else to say. Poor decisions made by myself on which games to actually bet. Maybe the long summer gave me too much time to think and over analyze games. Large favorites like that usually are not my style, I thought it was easy money in wk1, it was anything but.

Here is to turning things around in wk2. No lines out yet but I added some predictions to where I think they will be on the games that interest me. I prob won't be close at all.

I need to narrow my list but when the lines come out, I am sure that will help make my job easier.

Navy vs. RU

What we learned in WK1? Navy has some issues on defense. Temple was able to score 19 points, pass for 200yds, and keep the game relatively close. Versus a similar opponent to Temple, RU was able to blast Buffalo which comes as no surprise. This game reflected a long scrimmage for the Knights rather than a game. A guy like Underwood who had all but 290yds total last yr receiving, picked up 240 and 2 TD's vs. Buffalo which gives you an idea of how bad their pass defense is, more on that later. Ray Rice was Ray Rice. On defense it is hard to tell how good they were, Buffalo looked lost on offense. Last yr the meeting resulted in a 34-0 win for RU in which the QB, Hampton went down in the first Quarter..That game, Navy was held to a season low of 113yards rushing. Navy was able to pick up 360yards on the ground this weekend and passed for just 78. RU has experience vs. this option attack and should be prepared to stop it. The Navy defense that returned just 3 starters heading into the season looks a bit weak this yr. RU-17

WVU vs. Marshall

WVU is going to be laying a large number and that is fine, the backup duo can put some points on the board as well. This in-state battle should get ugly quick. Marshall has nothing on offense and they were absolutely abused by the rushing game from Miami. That means nothing but trouble here in WK2. Last years game resulted in a 42-10 win for WVU. Marshall lost their best defensive player before the season started. WVU should be able to roll by 40+ here. WVU-31

Nevada vs. NorthWestern

I have had my eye on this game for a little bit. Nevada defeated NW last yr at home in a game they had little business winning. Nevada won that game 31-21 and they were +4 in turnovers including a pick 6 in the final minutes. They allowed NW to rush 37-246yards in that contest. That should not change as we head in to week2. Nebraska totaled 624yards and 412 of them came on the ground. Those numbers are mind numbing. NW played a tuneup game with an inferior opponent and took care of business. Make no mistake about it, they have revenge on their minds in WK2. Nevada is now 15-18 on the road under Chris Ault versus 31-5 at home. Nevada also has some struggles on offense without former QB Jeff Rowe running the pistol. NW should roll the wolfpack at home here. NW-4

Buffalo vs. Temple

Yes, I have a serious inclination to bet this game and most likely will. I can't say that I will watch it though. Buffalo looked like 12yr old school girls vs. Rutgers and their pass defense is a complete disaster. Temple was able to throw the ball some on Navy and they should be able to throw the ball on Buffalo who allowed open receivers to roam free all day. A rematch of an OT battle last yr, Temple has revenge and a win on their minds. Buffalo who won a thrilling 9-3 game appears to be not as improved as Temple is this yr. Temple should have some value here and they should win this game. Temple -3

Utah St vs. Wyoming

Utah St had every opportunity for a win last week vs. UNLV and they let it slip away. Wyoming could potentially be in a little bit of a let down spot since they just avenged a loss from last yr vs. a BCS school but at home they have been tough (15-9) under HC Glenn and they beat the piss out of Utah St last yr (38-7). Is Wyoming's defense that tough, holding UVA to 108 total yards and 6 yards rushing, or is that UVA team that bad on offense? I think it is a combo of both but Wyoming defense appears to in good shape heading into week 2. I think Wyoming -17 will be the line or something around there.

NC State vs. BC

This is an ass beating waiting to happen. NC State, so unpredictable as always, started off the season in great fashion, losing to UCF. NCST who beat a ranked BC team last yr at home now must travel up to Massachusetts with their coach who is not welcome there. Everyone knows the story behind the HC change and well BC does not think very highly of NC State right now. They opened the season avenging one loss from last yr, this week they look to avenge #2. The offense is going to score a lot more points this yr as they put the offense in Ryan's control. BC attempted 52 passes last wk, last yr they were throwing 30-40 times a game and there will be less conservative and safe calls on that side of the ball this yr. Ryan, who opened the game vs. Wake with a pick and a 14-0 deficit, never panicked, remained calm, and led his team to a strong victory over Wake. BC-13, I think they win by 17+.

Fresno St / TAMU

If you are going to bet Fresno St, this is the type of situation you do it in. The school with "little mans" syndrome has been stroking themselves the whole summer for this game. They didn't blow Sac St out of the water like they prob should of in week 1 but that is a typical Fresno team for you. They do get their panties wet for BCS teams. They played Oregon and Washington extremly tough last yr. They played Oregon and that famous USC game in 2005, in 2004 they beat Washington and KState. They come to play vs. these type of school and TAMU just does not do it for me. They won 38-7 over Montana St in Wk 1 but that is just blah. I think Fresno gives a very good effort here, just need them to catch enough points. Fresno +10.

UAB vs. FSU

I don't have to watch the Clemson game to know that no matter what, FSU beats the crap out of UAB. They are near the bottom of the bottom this yr with one of the worst rush defenses in all of college football (D1,D2,D3) and they are very poor on offense. FSU will likely hang 45+ on them and that will become routine vs. this poor UAB team. FSU -31

Missouri vs. Ole Miss

I think Ole Miss is very very bad and they were very very lucky to win the game vs. Memphis. They are poor on both sides of the ball and they will not hang with Missouri here, even at home. Missouri defense did not do much for me in the win over Illy but the offense did what was expected. They were perhaps a little lucky to win that game but in the end all that matters in the scoreboard. Missouri should be able to abuse the Ole Miss secondary very badly and this will lead to a lot of points. Missouri -13

ND vs. Penn St

I enjoyed nothing more on Saturday than watching the inept ND offense try to find anything that would work, including 3 different QB's. For an offensive genius, Weis has a lot of work to do. They were so predictable that it was not even fun trying to figure out what play they were running. You know that if Jones is in there, they can't throw and will look to try every type of option and fake imaginable. I think they used Jones because they knew the GT blitz's would come often and the other two QB's could not escape the pass rush. Eventually that approach which proved to be right, got very old and hard to watch. You know that if Claussen or Sharpley is in there, they are looking to throw the ball a little but the OL can't protect them so they are sitting ducks. Lucky for ND, the GT red zone offense was very poor in the opening half otherwise it might of been 31-3 before half time. Penn St must be licking their lips to return the favor for ND, who beat PSU 41-17 last yr. At home with a strong defense, Penn St is going to destroy a very bad ND team. PSU -17

BYU vs. UCLA, Under 45

BYU played very tough defense or was that Arizona who had a very poor offense? None the less, UCLA has a better defense than Arizona and should do a good job of keeping the offense under wraps and held to around 13 points or so. UCLA despite scoring 45points vs. Stanford and racking up 620yards in the process, won't find the same success vs. a tough BYU defense, especially 340yards on the ground.

Rice vs. Baylor

The good thing is that Baylor lost 27-0 to TCU so they won't be laying much here but one could argue they prob could. I thought Rice would be really bad this yr and well, they are really bad this yr. I think the number will be short here and Baylor should be able to win this game at home. It is not every day that you lose a game to Nichols St 16-14 and rack up 200 yards of offense in the process. Baylor -7

TCU vs. Texas

This is the chance TCU wants. This is where their Boise St hopes live and die as well. A win here and provided they take care of business in the rest of the MWC, they will have a BCS game in their sights. Lose and it is all but assured that Hawaii could steal that bid. I expect TCU to be very intense and motivated for this game. I have read some of the comments about the Arky St game and I am just very surprised by the result of what happened there. 21 points vs. that team is just odd, strange, and unbelievable. TCU +7

So Miss vs. Tenn, over 52

Ainge is good and his pinky is fine. The offense can move the ball but the defense has holes in it. Cal displayed some speed that was too fast for Tennessee and sure So Miss can't match that but they do have a legit shot at scoring some points here. I think that Tenn can get 40+ here and So Miss can touch 17+.

UTEP vs. Texas Tech

From everything I have read, UTEP looked terrible and were very very fortunate to come out with a win vs. New Mexico. The offense can not support a track meet and Texas Tech at home is tough(35-9) and they score a lot of points. Texas tech is 14-1 in their last 15 home openers and the average score is 45-16. These two teams battled in OT last yr when TT allowed 495yards, 375 of which came in the air. I don't see that happening this yr and have to think UTEP is in some trouble this yr. Texas Tech -14

Hawaii vs. LaTech

The Hawaii offense is going to dominate basically every team on the schedule. Brennan has shown no signs of slowing down and the WR's are way to fast for this LaTech team to contain. The good news for LaTech is that this game is at home. The bad new for LaTech is that they gave up 280 yards through the air to some team I never heard of. Yes this is a trip to the mainland and a far trip for Hawaii but they have shown improvement playing in the continental US and they know this season can be a special one. Hawaii -27

North Texas vs. SMU

The line is really going to depend on how SMU does vs. TT but they should have little to no problem beating North Texas who could battle for the Nation's worst team. SMU -28

Syracuse vs. Iowa, Under 42

Last yr was a thrilling game that went to 3 OT's, or was it 2? Whatever, what I do know is that 1)Iowa doesn't look much improved on offense and 2)Syracuse has next to one of the worst offensive game plans and play calling I have ever witnessed. I don't expect many points in this game, I just hope turnovers don't kill this total.

Va Tech vs. LSU

Sean Glennon is no good and the VT offense is in big trouble. Sure Miss St did a decent job defending LSU in the opening half but after watching the full slate of games this wkend, their performance was not as poor as others. ECU had a ton of success on defense vs. VT and LSU brings a much better team with a lot more speed to the equation. Add in that LSU does not lose at home at night and now the question is how many do you lay. LSU-8

Colorodo vs. ASU, Over 54

Colorodo looks a little bit improved on offense this yr, would like to see the status of RB Charles but they have huge giant holes on defense. ASU is going to try to attack with a balanced passing/running game that will be successful on their way to 35-40 points in this game.

Messy St vs. Tulane

Maybe you have to be crazy to lay points with MSU but that prime time performance from Henig should certainly help the line. This is a very important game for MSU, 1)because they lost to Tulane last yr and 2)because there are not many other teams they will beat this yr. The defense should be good enough to contain and shutdown Tulane for the most part. The offense should just give Dixon the ball 50 times. MSU -6

New Mexico ST vs. New Mexico

Just very interested in this game

SC vs. UGA

Will see plenty on this game

Last edited:
The lines are out and now I can gradually go through these games and find the ones I want to play..

I did want to get parts of some games locked in because I think the line will move up, how much I go on them will decided later on this week.

BC -13.5....1.1U to Win 1U
RU -13.5....1.1U to Win 1U
PSU-15......1.1U to Win 1U

I think PSU will be around -17, BC will be over -14 and RU will be over -14 as well.

On top of the games above, I am evaluating the following.

WVU-24.5
NW-7
Temple-3
Baylor -7
Missouri -6
Fresno +17.5
SC/UGA
Miss St -6
Hawaii -27.5
SMU no line
FSU no line

Waiting for totals on

BYU/UCLA under
Cuse/Iowa under
SoMiss/Tenn over

long season bro, opening day was tough on a lot of us but you can hit back, plenty of games and weeks

Thanks Mike. I know long season just very frustrated because I spent a lot of time thinking about WK1 and I left a lot of games off my ticket which I originally liked and over analyzed. I am glad this happened in WK1 and I will try my hardest to make sure it does not happen again. Just going to work a little harder this week

No prob VK, hopefully the work pays off this week.

Missouri (1-0) @ Ole Miss (1-0)

I am a bit surprised by the line. It could be influenced by Missouri not looking great in the opener on the defensive side of the ball, a game on the road vs. an SEC team, but nothing else really sticks out to why this line is under a TD. Missouri is just 8-20 on the road under Pinkel which is not very good. Ole Miss is possibly the luckiest 1-0 team in the nation right now. They are not a very good football team and have problems on both sides of the ball. They were out gained by 209yards, had 16 less first downs, 2.5yards a carry even with Ellis, and benefited from 5 Memphis turnovers which include 4 interceptions. These two teams matched up in Columbia, Missouri last yr and the tigers won 34-7. Ole Miss was out gained 169-7yards in the first quarter. Missouri had more yards in the first quarter than Ole Miss had all day. Missouri this yr is very strong on offense, they returned 90% of their yards from scrimmage from an offense than averaged 30points/game and 425yards. Ole Miss allowed 350yards through the air in WK1 and Missouri is a lot more talented on that side of the ball than Memphis. Now to be fair, Missouri didn't play the best defensive game in WK1 and they allowed 320 through the air themselves, the difference is that I don't think Ole Miss can duplicate those numbers like I think Chase Daniel can. Missouri is heading to SEC territory but this is arguably the worst team in the SEC. I thought this line would be around 13 and was caught off guard when I saw -6. Did Ole Miss improve that much in a yr? No way! If Pinkel had these guys play a little better on the road I would make this my game of the week.

Missouri -6.......3.3U to Win 3U

Agree with the Mizzou pick vs Ole Miss but don't wade in too deep. Pinkel's an idiot on game day.

Agree with the Mizzou pick vs Ole Miss but don't wade in too deep. Pinkel's an idiot on game day.

haha thanks MrEd.. Yea that about how I feel, they should handle this team no problem because of their strength on offense but Pinkel on the road is not so bright.

did you see pinkel throwing the ball with a 6 point lead TWICE while inside the illinois 30 on saturday with 3 minutes or so to go? might want to run the clock there a bit and maybe pick up a few extra yards for an easier game clinching field goal. btw , anyone else think that mcgee looked a lot better than juice in that game ? might see a qb controversy develop at illinois this year

VK....I thought McGee played very well for someone who had to come off the bench outside of the fumble that was returned 100yards. I think juice runs the ball too much. Illy has a lot of young talent running around on that field. Arrelious Benn is going to be a star.

I agree that the passing game looks like it will function better with McGee rather than Juice. One of the reasons I bet Mizzou in that game was because Juice was such a terrible passer last season, and I would've been kinda upset if a backup QB led Illinois to a cover.

South Carolina (1-0) @ UGA (1-0)

This is very long so if you don't like to read, skip it. No play yet as of now.

Week 1 was interesting, I will start with that. I have both the SC and the UGA game on my DVR and have watched both games twice. I will start with SC first. If I had any credibility on this forum, I pissed it away with that SC first half play. With 9 minutes left in the 1st quarter and the ball with a 14-0 lead, I thought this was going to be too easy. A Chris Smelley interception in the end zone a few plays later and my 1st half bet never came close. ULL took the ball and ran their option offense right down the field. I want to note, Jasper Brinkley was not in for this series or the one after but that is still no excuse. SC got a lot of penetration from the DL but tackled the wrong guy basically every play. If they got their hands on the guy with the ball, the first guy never brought him down. It was very bad assignment football for an over aggressive defense. I applaud ULL and the way their ran the option, they looked like a well oiled machine. I was extremly displeased while watching this game but there are some things to say about game1. They made it out with no significant injuries and a win. This game looked much like the Wofford game last yr. Wofford scored 20 points on SC with that option attack, only 5 teams the whole yr scored more than 20 points vs. SC (Auburn, Tenn, Arky, Clem, Houston). In the second half SC held ULL to 84 yards rushing, an improvement from the 180+ in the first half. The second half the offense was very vanilla, they ran the same 4 plays just to different sides. All in all, it certainly was not SC's best game by any means, I expected more from the defense but I am not sure it is a true measure, this week will be.

UGA did a lot better than many, including myself, expected. I am impressed with the strength of Stafford's arm. As a team, they looked very fast. The defense is young but very talented. The DE's are on the smaller side but very quick. The secondary is pretty good as well but there were open Ok St receivers running around back there. I felt like they got most of their pressure from the blitz not from the front 4 but their defensive gameplan obviously worked. This is one of your typical UGA teams that will be right in the thick of things in the SEC-East. The real difference in this game though, SPECIAL TEAMS. They jumped on OK St early because of a muffed punt. This gave UGA the ball at the 10 which they scored on to start 7-0. It was 21-14 at half but the game was put out of reach in the 3rd quarter on a UGA punt return for 65 yards which set up another score to put the game away. They took care of business on their way to a 21point win. They seemed very poised and relaxed also confident as a team. They have the most wins of any program the last 5 years in the SEC, they are very well coached and you see that translate onto the field. Which brings me to another question, was OKST over hyped? I would have to say just a little bit and I am guilty of it myself. This was a 6-6 regular season team who went 2-4 last yr on the road with losses to Houston, K-ST, Texas, and Texas Tech. They may be a good bet at home this yr but I would wait before I touch them on the road vs any worthy opponent. UGA did average just 3 yards a carry, a stat I found a little surprising. Lumpkin will be out vs. SC so it will be Thomas Brown and Moreno serving as RB's.

This game is very important to SC and Spurrier and has been on their minds for a long long time. I am willing to bet that only 1 week of summer practice went to preparation for ULL, the rest was spent on getting ready for UGA. This is the only team in the east that Spurrier has not beaten yet and I am sure that bothers him. On the roster, the following starters are from the state of Georgia; Blake Mitchell, Kenny McKinnley, Eric Norwood, Casper and Jasper Brinkley, Ladi Ajiboye, Carlos Thomas, and Jared Cook. A lot of players, starting with the Brinkley's feel like they were shunned by UGA coming out of HS. Spurrier on the road at SC is 6-3 SU and 8-1 ATS. There is no question in my mind, this team will come to play. Four of the last 6 contests have been decided by 6 points or less. Since 1992, UGA is 11-4 vs. SC.

The success UGA has had vs. SC has started and ended with the ground attack. Last yr UGA rushed for 200yards averaging 5 yards per carry. In 2005 they picked up 240yards for another 5yards per carry in a 2point win. In 2004 they picked up 155 for an average of 4.2yards/carry in a come from behind 20-16 victory. In 2003 in a 31-7 beat down they rushed for 165yards and 5 yards a carry. They have been able to use their superior size on the line and pound the ball at will on SC. I pointed out that vs. Ok St they averaged just 3 yards per carry which is not your normal UGA numbers. I think if SC can hold them to those type of numbers, their chance of winning this game increases a hell of a lot. Stafford hit a lot of quick routes in the game vs. Ok St. They are still very young on the OL as Richt said at half:

"Didnt hit too many downfield but overall i thought he looked very good. But wasnt really pressured too much." He said their O line "did ok, but we weren't asking them to do much." He said they didn't try to throw the ball down the field much because of their youthful O line.

I am a bit worried about the play action pass if they use the run effectively to set it up, the SC defense can be over-aggressive.

One thing I didn't mention is the return of Blake Mitchell. He is far and away the best option to win this game in Athens. I am not sure the ULL game would have done much for him except make him more confident than he needs to be. The other 2 qb's are not ready to go into a hostile environment on the road vs. an SEC divisional foe and win the game. Blake has done it before and the offense has a lot more options when he is in the game because of his experience. I am far from a Blake Mitchell fan but I think in his home state in his senior yr, he has the game of his life.

I think without a question, SC must play a better football game than they did in WK1 but they are the type of team that plays to the level of their competition in most cases. Special teams are very very important. They have a dangerous punt returner in Henderson and he has to be contained. This game is HUGE and I think it is a lot bigger for SC than it is for UGA. UGA routinely beats SC and they look at games like Tenn and FL the way that SC looks at the game with them. A lot of the UGA fans are laughing right now since they won by more in the opener over OK State than SC did over ULL and they have a right to feel that way but imo, SC is better than they played and UGA was not as impressive as the final score indicated.

Sorry about the length of this if you made it this far. I will have a pick later in the week. There are a few things that need to be ironed out on the SC side of things.

Last edited:
Love your card this week ETG. On West Virginia, Missouri, Rutgers, Temple, and Penn State. Probally will end up playing South Carolina. They looked very vanilla last week, and with Blake Mitchell coming back I can see them putting up some points. GL this week and ill be checking in often before saturday.

Here is what I go so far this week. Just too many games I like..

BC -13.5.........2.2U to Win 2U
RU -13.5.........2.2U to Win 2U
PSU-15...........2.2U to Win 2U

WVU-23.5.......2.2U to Win 2U
Missouri -6......3.3U to Win 3U

I am still looking at Hawaii, Temple, SC/UGA game, NMST, Fresno, Messy St,

ETG...good lookin card...BOL this week...seeing eye to eye on alot of games (WVU, Mizzu, Temple, don't have RU yet, but will soon I'm sure)

:cheers:

For those of you RU.. You will like this excerpt from the Home News Tribune in Jersey..

PISCATAWAY — While one coach was dishing an endless stream of superlatives the other's way, the other coach was debunking all of it.
<script language="JavaScript"> OAS_AD('Right3'); </script>
spacer.gif

If you ask Rutgers coach Greg Schiano to evaluate Navy, he'll tell you his upcoming foe is one of the stiffest challenges his team will face all season.
"On offense, they're more talented than they've ever been," said Schiano, whose Scarlet Knights will play host to the Midshipmen on Friday (7 p.m., ESPN) at Rutgers Stadium. "And their defensive scheme fits perfectly with what they do offensively. They don't give up the big play, they play sound, they swarm the football."
Not long after Schiano's Monday morning press conference at Rutgers Stadium ended, Navy's Paul Johnson spoke with members of the New Jersey media. His general assessment of Schiano's opinion? Don't believe any of it.

"We've got a lot of improvement to make to even make the game competitive," said Johnson, whose team handed Temple a 30-19 defeat Saturday. "We didn't play very well the first week, and I thought I was watching the New York Giants when I turned the Rutgers tape on. They looked good, they have a lot of talent, this is a big challenge."
Asked how much his team has improved since last season, when Rutgers posted a 34-0 whitewash in Annapolis, Md., Johnson said, "Who knows. Maybe they'll shut us out again."
As for his team's young and inexperienced defense, one that graduated nine of 11 starters from last season, Johnson said, "We're undersized, we're small and we're slow, so we'll try to put them in the best situation that we can."
Sounds like another Rutgers rout, right? Well, not if you ask Schiano.
"I have a great deal of respect for Paul Johnson and his staff. They're some of the finest coaches there are in college football," he said. "We've certainly had our difficulties against them."
Between now and Friday's 7 p.m. kickoff, nothing will occupy more of Schiano's time than preparation for Navy's vaunted triple-option attack. Quarterback Kaipo-Noa Kaheaku-Enhada engineers the running attack designed to make defenses guess who has the ball, and the 5-foot-11, 194-pound junior has plenty of weapons from which to pick in his backfield.
Against Temple, Kaheaku-Enhada rushed for 102 yards and a touchdown, slotback Shun White added 122 yards and fullback Adam Ballard barreled his way for 78 yards and two scores.
None of the aforementioned, meanwhile, drew more praise from Schiano on Monday than "No. 7." Though Reggie Campbell rushed for only 46 yards in the opener, Navy's featured slotback totaled a team-leading 1,382 all-purpose yards as a junior last season.
"He (Campbell) is an incredible player," Schiano said. "He's faster than probably anybody on our defensive team. Over however many years the guys has played, he's averaged 7 1/2 yards per carry and 22 1/2 yards per catch. Those are pretty serious numbers. His 40 time is 4.4, and he's a pretty legitimate big-play threat."
Two days after watching Navy churn out 361 yards rushing and 439 total yards against Temple, Schiano said, "I think this Navy offense is one that is maybe as good as they've had."
Johnson's take?
"We made a ton of mistakes," Navy's sixth-year coach said. "I don't know if we are better equipped (for Rutgers). We'll see."

ETG...good stuff...humble is good I guess...you did prompt me to get some RU action...-16 EV for me...:cheers:

Bigrak - no prob, I think they handle them..

Noaccountguy - thank you.. best of luck, all 3 of those are good plays imo.

One thing I like about Shiano, he is a no bullshit type of guy in the sense of what he expects and how he approaches things. He takes every opponent very seriously and it translates over into their play on the field. They do play hard and with a lot of intensity consistently

If you get 17.5 or more with Navy have to consider them here. Navy will look to avenge the 34-0 drubbing they took vs. Rutgers last year. Navy passing game should be improved, think they will hit those open receivers this year a lot better than the past. Defense with Navy is a question here, but I think they can correct some of the problems from the Temple game. They played very undisciplined vs. Temple, and Johnson is such a good coach they should correct it. I initially liked Rutgers under two TDs, but Navy can make this game competitive. Navy is no Buffalo.

<!-- secondary story off page added 1-->Some RU/Navy news: Both HCs speak as if they'll play the Indy Colts this Thursday.

<table style="width: 505px; height: 1673px;" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="pagestory">RU wary of Naval attack<!-- start page_icons_top --> <table cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="gray"> <!-- <a href="rateit.php" target="_blank">
rateit_top.gif
<a href="media.php" target="_blank">
media.gif
// --></td> <td class="gray" align="right">
record_logo_sm.gif
</td></tr></tbody></table><!-- end page_icons_top --><!-- start page related and byline--> <table border="0" width="478"> <tbody> <tr> <td>
Tuesday, September 4, 2007

By ADITI KINKHABWALA
STAFF WRITER

</td> <td align="right"><!-- start page_related --><!-- end page_related -->
</td></tr></tbody></table><!--end page related and byline--><!-- start page_photo_right --><!-- end page_photo_right --><!-- start disp_story_with_OAS_ad --> PISCATAWAY -- Greg Schiano's been manning his team's defense for three years now.
Rutgers' head coach first took on the added duties because he loves the game-planning of shutting down offenses, and he's kept them because of weeks like this one, when Navy brings its coordinator-taxing triple-option into town.
<table align="right" width="210"> <tbody> <tr> <td><!------ OAS AD 'Top' begin ------>
<script language="JavaScript"> <!-- OAS_AD('x40'); //--> </script> <script language="JavaScript1.1"> <!-- var TFSMFlash_VERSION=6; var TFSMFlash_WMODE="transparent"; var TFSMFlash_OASCLICK="http://ads.northjersey.com/RealMedia/ads/click_lx.ads/www.northjersey.com/sports/football/322134418/x40/DiFeo_BMW_Rect_ROS/diFeo_code_fix.html/34313133306632623436373731393630"; var TFSMFlash_SWFCLICKVARIABLE="?clickTAG=http://ads.northjersey.com/RealMedia/ads/click_lx.ads/www.northjersey.com/sports/football/322134418/x40/DiFeo_BMW_Rect_ROS/diFeo_code_fix.html/34313133306632623436373731393630?http://www.difeobmw.com/"; var TFSMFlash_SWFFILE="http://ads.northjersey.com/RealMedia/ads/Creatives/DiFeo_BMW_Rect_ROS/BMW_300x250v21.swf"+TFSMFlash_SWFCLICKVARIABLE; var TFSMFlash_IMAGEALTERNATE="http://ads.northjersey.com/RealMedia/ads/Creatives/DiFeo_BMW_Rect_ROS/1x1.bmp"; var TFSMFlash_OASALTTEXT="Click Here"; var TFSMFlash_OASTARGET="_blank"; var TFSMFlash_OASPROTOCOL="http://"; var TFSMFlash_OASDIM="WIDTH='300' HEIGHT='250'"; var TFSMFlash_OASADID="ad_banner"; document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="http://ads.northjersey.com/RealMedia/ads/Creatives/DiFeo_BMW_Rect_ROS/TFSMFlashWrapper201.js"></scr'+'ipt>'); --> </script> <script src="http://ads.northjersey.com/RealMedia/ads/Creatives/DiFeo_BMW_Rect_ROS/TFSMFlashWrapper201.js"></script> <noscript> </noscript> <script language="VBScript"> on error resume next MM_FlashCanPlay = ( IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash." & MM_contentVersion))) </script> <object id="ad_banner" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" height="250" width="300">

<embed src="http://ads.northjersey.com/RealMedia/ads/Creatives/DiFeo_BMW_Rect_ROS/BMW_300x250v21.swf?clickTAG=http://ads.northjersey.com/RealMedia/ads/click_lx.ads/www.northjersey.com/sports/football/322134418/x40/DiFeo_BMW_Rect_ROS/diFeo_code_fix.html/34313133306632623436373731393630?http://www.difeobmw.com/" quality="high" wmode="transparent" swliveconnect="FALSE" name="ad_banner" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" align="" height="250" width="300"></object>​
<!------ OAS AD 'Top' end ------></td></tr></tbody></table> And so there Schiano was Monday, wearing his head coach hat and saying, "Hopefully, we can score some points."
Huh?
"I love the challenge and it is a special week as a defensive coach," Schiano said, promising he is still the 16th-ranked Scarlet Knights' defensive coordinator. But, he said, "This is going to be a very tough, tough challenge."
A year after Rutgers decisively blanked Navy 34-0, Schiano's words could've sounded like a bit of hyperbole. It's a rare football coach, after all, who doesn't veer that way at least occasionally. (Navy's Paul Johnson, in talking about the Knights' Thursday night season-opening win over Buffalo, said, "I thought I was watching the New York Giants.")
<!-- INFO BOX --><!-- /INFO BOX --> And yet, with the offensive personnel the Midshipmen have this year – and the less-experienced defense Schiano is leading this year -- Friday night's game could be a light-up-the-scoreboard affair.
"The thing that makes Navy so dangerous [is that] I think they're more talented than they've ever been," Schiano said.
Senior slot back Reggie Campbell has long qualified as what Schiano calls "a big-play threat." He's averaged 7.5 yards per carry and 22.5 yards per catch over his career -- numbers an astounded Schiano repeated twice -- and he may be, Rutgers' coach said, "faster than probably anybody on our defensive team."
Slot backs Shun White (who had 122 yards on just eight carries in Navy's 30-19 win over Temple) and Zerbin Singleton "run better than I remember," Schiano said. Fullback Adam Ballard (who had two touchdowns in Philadelphia) is a player Schiano said pro scouts have called him about.
And quarterback Kaipo-Noa Kaheaku-Enhada, who saw his first extended action against Rutgers last year, when starting signal-caller Brian Hampton broke his leg, is a year seasoned. He rushed for 102 yards and threw for another 78 in Navy's opener and is, according to Schiano, 10 pounds heavier.
"He's a tremendous runner, but he's a better passer than I remember them having in a long time," Schiano said. To which Johnson drolly shot back, "Nobody's going to confuse him with Joe Montana."
Pro-like players or not, the challenge ultimately in Navy is its triple-option system. Defending it requires great discipline and excellent assignment football and Monday, Schiano was visibly not happy with his defense's practice effort.
Thursday night, the Scarlet Knights limited Buffalo to just three points and 70 rushing yards, and they tackled well. They did not, though, get in the right "fits" always, or "see things the right way," Schiano said. Similarly missing an assignment or misreading a play this week, against this offense, linebacker Brandon Renkart said, "means they're gone for a touchdown."
"We're probably not as well-suited as last year," Schiano said of this year's matchup. "This is a nasty game. That's the way Navy likes it. They really try to get you distracted."
Which may just be why the defensive coordinator was talking about his team's offense.
INJURY REPORT: Left tackle Pedro Sosa (tweaked knee) and fullback Andres Morales (stinger) did not practice. Schiano said it's too early for a prognosis on either. Wideout Timmy Brown will play Friday, after a remarkable recovery from the broken hand he suffered Aug. 18.
E-mail: kinkhabwala@northjersey.com
</td></tr></tbody> </table>

you would think rutgers could handle them but with both teams running the hell out of the ball .. how many total possessions will there be in this game ?

BC -13.5.........2.2U to Win 2U
RU -13.5.........2.2U to Win 2U
PSU-15...........2.2U to Win 2U
WVU-23.5.......2.2U to Win 2U
Missouri -6......3.3U to Win 3U

Now adding..

Hawaii -27.5.......1.1U to Win 1U - Hawaiiguy said enoug there. Colt for Heisman and in June Jones I trust to run the score up.
Temple -3.5.....1.1U to Win 1U - Not buying the hook here because I really believe that Temple wins this game convincingly. Still in shock myself over this play.

Still debating my play for Thursday night.

Plays I am still considering:

Fresno +18
NMST +7
Wash St -14
SC ML

A lot of action this week but I like the plays, I thought the lines would be different so we'll see what happens here.

Thanks BigRak, hope it works out this week.

MTSU/LVILLE over 33.5 (1st H).....1.1U to Win 1U

Like I said in the other thread, there were 33points last yr at half and that was with Cantwell playing QB who was just bout 50% that day and the Ville had to settle for 3 field goals. MTSU did return a kickoff to get a TD but I will take anything from them today.Last week LVille had 59 total points at half, granted they scored 49 of them but with Super Mario and Douglas, Brohm should throw for 4+ in the 1st half here if they come out with that intention. I think today with the game at home that this gets ugly very fast as they put on a show for the home crowd. Now, MTSU is in all types of trouble with just 7 OL tonight and I think if they can somehow get 7points early that this will hit. I don't want to rely on L-ville to score 35 but I won't rule it out as a possibility. I also don't see MTSU running the ball much, they ran 32times for 18yards last week. So after the run fails a few times they will put the ball in the air which will either 1)stop the clock. 2) pick up bigger chunks of yards or 3)force a turnover. I think Ville scores early and often on their way to a monster 1st half lead. Why play this instead of the game? Well I missed out on over 57 and the Ville does have instate rival UK next week so maybe they take their foot off the gas just a little in the 2nd half, basically my only reason for not playing Over 61.5.

Yupp had to know this one was coming..But I stand by it. If I am wrong than I will man up and say it come Sunday but I firmly believe SC can win this game SU and their chances are better than years past. I can't find an "expert" anywhere on the internet that doesn't have the Dawgs this week and that is fine, I have to stand by what I believe.

SC ML.......2U to Win 3.4U

It really is my fault for losing value here from +200 to now +170 and the spread drop but whatever. I capped this game back in the summer and have been looking forward to it for a long time. The performance vs. ULL does not change my opinion that the defense is much improved, hopefully they prove that this wkend. While they were gashed for 250yards on the ground, 170 came in the 1st half and about 140 came when Jasper Brinkley was on the sideline nursing his ankle which is fine now. Yes UGA has won 8 of the last 10, they have won 5 in a row, they are 11-4 since 1992. Spurrier is 6-3 SU and 8-1ATS on the road at SC so if you are looking for an ATS play, there it is. Everyone predicting a double digit win is going to be surprised come 9pm on Saturday night. This is a 3-4 point game either way. I watched the UGA three times now and I feel confident enough to say that SC has a very legit shot in this game. Both OL's are fairly young and inexperienced and will be tested early and often by both defenses. UGA is small on defense but very fast and they have more depth overall as a team. SC did not blitz or run any stunts vs. ULL and for the most part was very vanilla on both sides of the ball. UGA has run for 5ypc in route to owning the gamecocks but I am not sure they duplicate those numbers this yr. Stafford must be contained when the pocket collapses because he can make a little something happen with his feet. Both teams have very good kickers, Succop has the stronger leg and put 4 of 5 balls into the endzone last week. I think SC wins and wakes a lot of people up. 24-20

Last edited:
Back