Week 2 LVSC Openers

Really? OU is looking like they did this time last year. I'd say they blowup Cincy like they blew up Miami last year.

Really? OU is looking like they did this time last year. I'd say they blowup Cincy like they blew up Miami last year.

OU has a definitive advantage on the lines, no doubt.

However, I think that:

Cincy's receivers > OU secondary
Cincy's secondary > OU receivers

Maybe its homerism, I'll find out I guess. The key is Grutza not getting rattled and holding onto the ball too long like he did against EKU.

Also, I don't think the line makes sense considering the other lines.

For example, Cincy is +21 @OU, yet CMU is only +23 @Georgia?

I don't really understand that.

S.Car-7 (buy it)
NW-6.5
Neb-21 (buy it)
Ohio +35
Wisky-23
Texas Tech -10 (buy it)
ND-20
Cal -10 (buy it)
USF -8.5
MTSU+11.5

So far this is what I like

I'm going alot slower this year than I have the last couple. I'll take a couple early if they jump out at me. Otherwise, I'll be patient and dig in on the numbers.

Locked the 3 plays I was looking at and got not so good numbers on all 3

USF -13
Okie Lite -13'
Oklahoma -20

Might buy off them later, but I think all 3 will be solid.

OU has a definitive advantage on the lines, no doubt.

However, I think that:

Cincy's receivers > OU secondary
Cincy's secondary > OU receivers

Maybe its homerism, I'll find out I guess. The key is Grutza not getting rattled and holding onto the ball too long like he did against EKU.

OU is going to kill Cincy I think. The advantage on the OL is going to give Bradford all day to throw. Bradford is an extremely accurate QB.

OU has two very good SR Wrs that have been playing a ton since their freshman year plus arguably the top TE in the nation in Gresham.

I don't think Cincy has an advantage with their secondary here.

Just took Cal -11 at BM.

Cal looked pretty good against a tuff state team and their defense is certainly better than Okie States and the offense is as good. Seems like that will be above 14 by the weekend.

OU is going to kill Cincy I think. The advantage on the OL is going to give Bradford all day to throw. Bradford is an extremely accurate QB.

OU has two very good SR Wrs that have been playing a ton since their freshman year plus arguably the top TE in the nation in Gresham.

I don't think Cincy has an advantage with their secondary here.

Also, the box from yesterday's beat down of Chattanooga is misleading. They had lightning strike and knock out lights at the stadium last night after leading Chattanooga at 50-0 at half. They could have beat them down worse than they did UNT.

I don't see how Cincy keeps it close here.

Just took Cal -11 at BM.

Cal looked pretty good against a tuff state team and their defense is certainly better than Okie States and the offense is as good. Seems like that will be above 14 by the weekend.

Might be true. I don't like that we're going to Pullman now, but it doesn't look like WSU has bought into the new system yet.

Might be true. I don't like that we're going to Pullman now, but it doesn't look like WSU has bought into the new system yet.

I'm basing it on the fact when you have 1/3 of the playbook in and you lack skill players, you're not going to all the sudden install the remaining plays in a week, nor are you going to have marginal talent wake up one day and become All-Pac 10 players.

Wazzou packed it in yesterday and Cal is probably twice the team Okie St is. Especially with it being the opener for both, Cal isn't going to over look this game.

Penn State is gonna pull a Wisky vs. Akron domination in the run game.

That OLine in my estimation, with Oklahoma for best in country.

Back