Week 2 lookaheads vs Lines

Capaholic

Proud Member of Chiefs Nation
Might try to do this to see where there could be overreactions etc week to week

These were the week 2 lookahead lines and the number to the right is where it is as I write this:

Balt. -1/1.5
Wash -3/ -4.5
Atlanta -4/ -4.5
GB -2.5/-1.5
LAC -3.5/ -7.5
HOU. Pk/ OFF
Pitt -6.5/ -5
Miami +1/ -1.5
Philly -6/-3
New Orleans -10/ -8
Rams. -10.5/ -10
SF -3.5/ -3
NE. -2.5/. -1
Denver -3/ -4.5
Dallas -3.5/ -3
Chicago -1/ -3

*Updated with correct lookahead lines

At first glance, obviously a huge jump in the LAC game but how could anyone trust Buffalo.

New Orleans possibly undervalued after a bad performance and Cleveland getting maybe more credit than it deserved?

Miami is the only one that flipped from dog to fav

I gotta think NE line moves back up

Denver getting love without seeing what Oakland will do.

Tampa’s performance worth 3 points?

Idk. I like to look at this stuff. Maybe someone else does too

Last edited:
yeah this is great. the tampa game is interesting, as a philly fan this feels like a bad spot. Only difference is philly will have the pass rush to get to Mr. Harvard and NO barely breathed on him. but on the other hand, Tampa will be home and playing with confidence.

Great thread.

Someone please tell me how after watching that Saints defense they should be laying 8 points at home with the Brownies receivers? That to me is stupid. Fitzmagic went long A LOT yesterday and that's going to be a copy cat thing other teams do...if NO adjust, opps will go underneath all day long, add in TT's ability to move around the pocket and scramble and I can see that one being a dog fight.

Classic overreaction to a Bucs win...line too short. But Big Dick Nick on the road...eh. Think I like the Tampa TT under more than anything as an initial lean. That Philly D is ferocious and Fitz is Fitz. He's a backup for a reason. I don't know if I can pass up the Birds only giving 3 though and may play it today before it jumps to 3.5 or 4, which I'd be shocked if it doesn't.

Situationally brutal spots for both Detroit and Oakland both traveling and playing on short rest (one across country and the other to altitude) in week 2....already played both SF and Den in GOY lines last week.

Here's a stat for you since they changed the latest CBA (to limit practice time / reps early in the season) that I thought was super interesting...

There has never been a team who started with 2 back-to-back games on the road that has covered in the second of their consecutive road games (Week 2 game) to start the season...3 teams fall into that category (Houston, KC and Seattle all fall into this trend for the upcoming week).

Back