• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Week 2, how bout them Cowboys!?

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Alright, uneven start to the season but unposted had the Boys Sunday night. Loved that game, and frankly 2.5 units wasn't enough.

I'll update record in next day or two(in a unique situation right now).

Anyways, one of the things I looked for last night in the Bills vs Jets game was seeing how the pressure on Rodgers was early on. That was going to determine how I bet the game. As the injury happened, I bet the Bills -2.5... I liked the pressure I saw...

Now, of course that turns out to be a major injury, and we basically get a full game of the Milfhunter. You would think I had a steal with -2.5, right?

Nope. If you know one of my mantras going back 15+ years now is to never bet against injuries. It's simply not a winning situation.

Anyways, I let this ride, and then did create a middle for 40% but ultimately lost. I knew it was coming. Just, a slow death...

Still, the Bills did get pretty good pressure..

Meanwhile, 24 hours earlier in the same stadium the vaunted Cowboys defense had themselves a game. Micah is dominant and this has the chance to be a damn good defense all year long.

This Sunday, we have the Jets heading to Dallas.

Now, the Jets defense most definitely looked as good as they did the first 8-10 games last year. I respect that a lot. The offense though won't have as many running lanes and Milf gonna milf...

We should get some short fields and eventually I think Dallas just wears on them. This line moved quickly for a reason...

Cowboys 31
Jets 13

Dallas -9 -105 2.5 units

Levels to this thing, and they looked like they were on a wholeeeeeee nother level.

GL sir

Most encouraging thing to me is Dak avoided making the bone headed throw. He still made some poor throws but nothing I remember that was a WTF type throw.

I had Jets -2.5. Working game with Big_Units for middles I thought there was no hope for Jets to cash with Wilson. You know call me crazy but watching the game I thought Allen was picking the Jets D apart with those check downs - the receivers would continually break tackles or muscle their way for 6,7 yards, putting them in short yardage. Think Allen was 17/21 in 1H. Then of course Allen went off the deep end and turned the ball over (mainly in 2H). It's like that Col/Neb game Sat - again had Col -2.5 but Neb was in control of that game into the 2Q and then they missed a FG to go up 3-0 and then Simms started doing his TO think and the D and team lost heart imo. Can't wait until the week to fade them comes. So tired of hearing about the "disrespect".

Ok, back to big D. Of course you always over react to week 1 but Dallas' D against that O Line and Wilson - really should be a slaughter. I mean like you reference the Bills hit Rogers on his first 2 pass attempts before his going out on his next attempt. Looked like it was going to be a very long night for him. I'm looking to anchor Dallas to 3T, 10PT teasers at +1/2 (which I never do usually - just play a team once). Will also play this straight up.

Our Jags go the start we needed. Was a little scary when Indy went up 21-17. Now have KC at home - hopefully Kelce doesn't play again. But they have most of these tough games at Home so they have a shot. Wish KC had beat Detroit. Hopefully LAC beat Tenn and bury them in 0-2 hole.

I had Jets -2.5. Working game with Big_Units for middles I thought there was no hope for Jets to cash with Wilson. You know call me crazy but watching the game I thought Allen was picking the Jets D apart with those check downs - the receivers would continually break tackles or muscle their way for 6,7 yards, putting them in short yardage. Think Allen was 17/21 in 1H. Then of course Allen went off the deep end and turned the ball over (mainly in 2H). It's like that Col/Neb game Sat - again had Col -2.5 but Neb was in control of that game into the 2Q and then they missed a FG to go up 3-0 and then Simms started doing his TO think and the D and team lost heart imo. Can't wait until the week to fade them comes. So tired of hearing about the "disrespect".

Ok, back to big D. Of course you always over react to week 1 but Dallas' D against that O Line and Wilson - really should be a slaughter. I mean like you reference the Bills hit Rogers on his first 2 pass attempts before his going out on his next attempt. Looked like it was going to be a very long night for him. I'm looking to anchor Dallas to 3T, 10PT teasers at +1/2 (which I never do usually - just play a team once). Will also play this straight up.

Our Jags go the start we needed. Was a little scary when Indy went up 21-17. Now have KC at home - hopefully Kelce doesn't play again. But they have most of these tough games at Home so they have a shot. Wish KC had beat Detroit. Hopefully LAC beat Tenn and bury them in 0-2 hole.
Great stuff buddy.

I won't be surprised to see KC leave Duval this week at 0-2...

More thoughts in Discussion thread this evening...

Great stuff buddy.

I won't be surprised to see KC leave Duval this week at 0-2...

More thoughts in Discussion thread this evening...
oh, I agree. think Jags have a great shot. that place will be rocking - sure they look at this as a litmus test for SB. Jones hopefully doesn't play a ton and Kelce at all - but even if they do think Jags could win it. Lets hope!!

Back