Week 2 Discussion

satnightfever05

Pretty much a regular
Curious posters thoughts on some of these- need to talk through them and see if my logic holds..

San Jose St +6.5 at Air Force
AFA has the lowest returning production in the country.. SJSU isn't that much better BUT Navy's old HC is now on the SJSU sideline.. have to think they've been prepping for this Navy option all summer long.. last two years, Navy held Air Force to 13 and 23 points the last two times Niumatalola was on the sideline.

Tulsa +7.5 at Ark State
Unclear why Ark State should be laying a TD or more against any FBS team.. Kevin Wilson (good coach) in year 2 with Tulsa.. they do have Okie St on deck, but Ark State has @UM and @ Iowa State in their next two.. should be high scoring- I'll take the TD

Texas St -1 vs UTSA
Said this in another thread, but perfect spot here for Texas State.. UTSA replacing a TON on both sides of the ball and Texas on deck.. UTSA 5-0 all time vs Texas State.. if there's ever a year to give the beep beeps their first h2h loss, it's this week

Also a few quick hitters/leans:

Cincy -2 vs Pitt.. Pitt has Brawl on deck.. trust the Cincy O a bit more? even with the new look, speed of Pitt's scheme
Hogs +7.5 at Okie State.. Gundy doesn't usually care about OOC games.. Petrino should have offense rolling enough to keep it close
Colorado +7.5 at Neb... initially thought about Neb, but at over a TD, I see no reason why Deon's crew can't keep this close throughout, esp with that offense

going to what I know(kinda)

I want to see what Tulane/K State does line wise….much different opponent this week for the Wave and it’s a really weird game with travel to Norman OK next week.
Everyone thinks Memphis for the playoff and I’m not so sure….Im grabbing the points and of all the big dogs this weekend for an outright this is worth a look like Vandy last week.

Also love SDSU with the spot (Oregon state has Ducks next week), but Aztecs in compete rebuild with true frosh QB. Would need at least 7

against you on top 3 - like bottom 3 .....

* check the quality of Texas State wins LY - also check out that 45+ loss to Ark State while you're at it - TALL order here to beat veteran team and great HC

Love the Hogs and Buffs - BOL man

against you on top 3 - like bottom 3 .....

* check the quality of Texas State wins LY - also check out that 45+ loss to Ark State while you're at it - TALL order here to beat veteran team and great HC

Love the Hogs and Buffs - BOL man
I’ve since cooled on Tulsa.

I know you have better sense of TX teams, but would this years UTSA be classified as a good win last year? Meaning, I’m not sold on beeps being more than 8-4. Still decent team- but not the team of the last few. And spot is too good to pass up.

SJSU could easily lose by 10+… line dropped a bit to 5- AFA not the same rock solid team as LY- could barely move the ball against Merrimack (3.0 ypc at 55 rushes). I’ll take the shot.

Also looking at Miss State. ASU is still in rebuild and (I was at the game last week)- Wyoming is awful. Offense didn’t complete anything downfield. D was stout- but again Wyoming was new everywhere at O and had the old Michigan state OC who was a disaster for the Spartans.

I’ve since cooled on Tulsa.

I know you have better sense of TX teams, but would this years UTSA be classified as a good win last year? Meaning, I’m not sold on beeps being more than 8-4. Still decent team- but not the team of the last few. And spot is too good to pass up.

I reckon here you have to AX yourself - is UTSA on the decline, OR are they in a bounce-back situation? Traylor is a great HC that's BUILDING..... recruiting is still strong. I don't see any decline at all - could be wrong.

The 'problem' I have with Southwest Texas State ha - is that, the Baylor upset screwed up any value in betting these boys. So here they really should be a dog - but widespread Bobcat Love makes them a favorite? They do look good on paper - but my question is what have they done eggzactly? High ceiling sure but that floor is somewhere in China.

I don’t have ton of thoughts on those.

Gtech/cuse super interesting to me, I kinda been on gtech jock since last year cause I bet a lot of king props! They getting way too popular now tho! This spot at cuse ain’t gonna be their best showing. That said I think it tough only getting 3 w cuse cause not real sure how improved they are? All I know this was a close game last year and last year cuse had one the grossest passing offenses in ncaa! That is clearly not the case this year, I don’t wanna make to much out of lighting up Ohio but they couldn’t have did that last year! I think the game is very close, if Gtech gets up early I would hammer a cuss line getting a td or more, tech defense will let teams back into games they did it all the time last year and there still holes in the d, holes I think cuse passing game can expose. I like cuse running back to catch some passes and only needs 20+ rec to cash, Gadsden should have monster game, gtech can’t cover him. It not all bad got gtech, Ohio ran all over cuse last week and gtech qb/rb combo of running and passing like a aupervharged Ohio! I prefer Haynes rush prop to playing king this week. With tech being the way more cohesive offense I could see thrm
Jump out and lean on run a lot, but cuse passing game I believe will bring them back and could pull the upset.

Exactly bank….after GA Tech’s 2 game run, the last and I mean the LAST place you wanna find yourself is 11AM Saturday in the Carrier Dome

I don’t have ton of thoughts on those.

Gtech/cuse super interesting to me, I kinda been on gtech jock since last year cause I bet a lot of king props! They getting way too popular now tho! This spot at cuse ain’t gonna be their best showing. That said I think it tough only getting 3 w cuse cause not real sure how improved they are? All I know this was a close game last year and last year cuse had one the grossest passing offenses in ncaa! That is clearly not the case this year, I don’t wanna make to much out of lighting up Ohio but they couldn’t have did that last year! I think the game is very close, if Gtech gets up early I would hammer a cuss line getting a td or more, tech defense will let teams back into games they did it all the time last year and there still holes in the d, holes I think cuse passing game can expose. I like cuse running back to catch some passes and only needs 20+ rec to cash, Gadsden should have monster game, gtech can’t cover him. It not all bad got gtech, Ohio ran all over cuse last week and gtech qb/rb combo of running and passing like a aupervharged Ohio! I prefer Haynes rush prop to playing king this week. With tech being the way more cohesive offense I could see thrm
Jump out and lean on run a lot, but cuse passing game I believe will bring them back and could pull the upset.
To me it’s Orange or nothing.

To me it’s Orange or nothing.

No doubt. I just feel a bit stronger bout the props, think outcome prob comes down to last possession, feel like I can get Gadsden rec yards well before that point in game. I do think Gtech will be able to run on cuse tho so I do like Haynes rush prop little less than the Gadsden rec.

Back