Week 2 Discussion Thread

The colts are road faves? Looks like an overreaction to love going down.

Colts lost a db and Buckner is questionable…. They gonna stop the run?

Hey yall. Big time lurker who might actually have time this year. Usually running a restaurant in South Florida but my partners are finally done pumping out kids! LoL.

Pitt vs Denver. This is one game where buying a point or two will actually be worth the juice. Plus on 3rd down I get the better running QB. Take the better D plus the experience here. Boswell just nailed a ton of FGs and now he gets mile high. I get the better running QB plus the better D and the hotter kicker. Buy it down to 2. Smaller.

Wash TT over. Giants will obviously be punting more than they won't. I will say, dJ plays on a different level against wash than any other team for whatever reason. But after what I saw last week, he's not ready and it's not going to change in 6 days. But more importantly, when teams scheme for a pocket passer all summer and then have to face a top 3 dynamic running QB the next week, it's not going to end well. We're getting a discount because the Giants Defense is "suppose to be good" what if they're not?

Teaser SF/HOU
Minn is going from playing the Giants to SF. They are going to need time to adjust. Maybe even SF first half? I could see a backdoor cover but SF wins this game peroid. They made a good Jets defense look below average. I think SF/Minn over is worth a look as well

Rookie QB on the road. Shall I say more? CHI has enough buzz to get Houston's attention They wont fall asleep at the wheel. Ride Hou now before diggs tears the wheels off.

Last edited:
Funny because I was thinking the same about DJ versus Washington. He just has their number for some reason. It is enough to keep me off Wash for sure.

Hey yall. Big time lurker who might actually have time this year. Usually running a restaurant in South Florida but my partners are finally done pumping out kids! LoL.

Pitt vs Denver. This is one game where buying a point or two will actually be worth the juice. Plus on 3rd down I get the better running QB. Take the better D plus the experience here. Boswell just nailed a ton of FGs and now he gets mile high. I get the better running QB plus the better D and the hotter kicker. Buy it down to 2. Smaller.

Wash TT over. Giants will obviously be punting more than they won't. I will say, dJ plays on a different level against wash than any other team for whatever reason. But after what I saw last week, he's not ready and it's not going to change in 6 days. But more importantly, when teams scheme for a pocket passer all summer and then have to face a top 3 dynamic running QB the next week, it's not going to end well. We're getting a discount because the Giants Defense is "suppose to be good" what if they're not?

Teaser SF/HOU
Minn is going from playing the Giants to SF. They are going to need time to adjust. Maybe even SF first half? I could see a backdoor cover but SF wins this game peroid. They made a good Jets defense look below average. I think SF/Minn over is worth a look as well

Rookie QB on the road. Shall I say more? CHI has enough buzz to get Houston's attention They wont fall asleep at the wheel. Ride Hou now before diggs tears the wheels off.
Good thoughts. I just worry about Denver generally seeming to be much tougher at home.

My favorite whipping boy will Levis is gonna get taken apart by this jets d! They moved his rush prop up to 11.5! Lol. I’m telling ya right not if he don’t run it 10+ times for 50+ yards titans have no shot, he will not be sitting back in pocket moving the chains I can pretty much guarantee that! If the coaches have a lick of sense they will get him on the edge early and maybe that opens some holes for pollard but they only ran 2-3 designed runs for him last game so apparently they not real smart! He will throw 2-3 int’s if he throws 25 passes! Not sure best way to attack it cause I don’t exactly trust jets offense? Titans tt u17.5 maybe? I can’t see them hitting that without special teams or turnovers and Rodgers don’t throw picks. His rush yards should cash easy but that assuming a competent game plan which they sure didn’t have week 1

My favorite whipping boy will Levis is gonna get taken apart by this jets d! They moved his rush prop up to 11.5! Lol. I’m telling ya right not if he don’t run it 10+ times for 50+ yards titans have no shot, he will not be sitting back in pocket moving the chains I can pretty much guarantee that! If the coaches have a lick of sense they will get him on the edge early and maybe that opens some holes for pollard but they only ran 2-3 designed runs for him last game so apparently they not real smart! He will throw 2-3 int’s if he throws 25 passes! Not sure best way to attack it cause I don’t exactly trust jets offense? Titans tt u17.5 maybe? I can’t see them hitting that without special teams or turnovers and Rodgers don’t throw picks. His rush yards should cash easy but that assuming a competent game plan which they sure didn’t have week 1
Will the sacks eat the over though?

Popular (+60% of bets) NFL Week 2 bets at #BetMGM

81% on Chargers -5.5
81% on 49ers -4.5
78% on Ravens -8.5
76% on Cowboys -6
74% on Commanders -1.5
74% on Texans -6.5
73% on Rams +1
71% on Chiefs -6.5
71% on Jaguars -3
68% on Colts -2.5
65% on Seahawks -3
65% on Jets -4

I just don’t know how titans score?
If the jets can’t stop the run. To me that’s the only way but I think after last week the jets d will be focused. Sauce might make Levis look bad.

Everyone is so high on titans d and I respect sneed… that being said I think rodgers might pick them apart. Breece on a rebound game to way outshine pollard.

Seems odd to me that so many are on the titans after lining up to play the jets @sf. Titans don’t have half the roster talent offensively that sf had.

Jets need a third option to emerge offensively, maybe mike Williams but I don’t even know how many snaps he gets. Lazard just because Aaron’s boy? Someone but I think breece goes off

Those are the reasons I played nyj.

Some random thoughts

would have been all over Seattle if Walker was healthy but that is enough for me to stay away. Ugly one I would lean under

This feels like a get right and have the fans off their backs for a week kind of easy win for the Jets. In the interest of chaos I hope they lose but the Jets usually shut down QBs as bad as Levis and without the threat of beating them through the air they should be able to slow down the running game.

Nothing wrong with losing to San Francisco but that complete lack of effort in the first game of the season is cause for concern. Its completely obvious that this team has a very limited ceiling with Saleh and Hackett but this is the type of opponent they usually show up against to give a false sense of confidence. Still a loss here would set the fan base on fire and that would be quite entertaining so I'd be more than fine with it but I fully expect a dominating easy win in this one.

Liking the under in Foxboro. These teams may combine for 75+ rushing attempts. Both defenses were decent stopping the run in week 1. Neither team has an explosive passing game.

If the jets can’t stop the run. To me that’s the only way but I think after last week the jets d will be focused. Sauce might make Levis look bad.

Everyone is so high on titans d and I respect sneed… that being said I think rodgers might pick them apart. Breece on a rebound game to way outshine pollard.

Seems odd to me that so many are on the titans after lining up to play the jets @sf. Titans don’t have half the roster talent offensively that sf had.

Jets need a third option to emerge offensively, maybe mike Williams but I don’t even know how many snaps he gets. Lazard just because Aaron’s boy? Someone but I think breece goes off

I played jets and titans tt u17.5. I don’t think there any way in hell they get run over again. I been questioning everyone liking titans since before they handed bears that game. That wasn’t an anomaly! Will Levis is total garbage, watched him all thru college he not only to dumb to process information he has 0 pocket awareness. He in for a long day imo. If the oc has any damn sense they will script 9-10 runs for him, only chance I see is them forcing jets to protect the edge from Levis and maybe that gives pollard some room but I think they maybe called 3 runs for him last week! If they try to make this kid a pocket passer he will be a turnover and getting sacked machine: basically Daniel jones without any money!

And I don’t even think titans weapons as great everyone else seems to think. They all have talent but they all also have massive question marks imo and I don’t think any of them gonna be thrilled after playing with this shit qb for a month!

Chargers - harbaugh is buttoned up. Panthers have a rookie head coach and don't look prepared. Then look at the QB difference and fact chargers want to smash and Panthers can't defend run. I don't buy the trends that way 35 plus loss come back with a win. Why not 30 points ?

I think niners match up well with vikes and they struggle to defend the run. Not buying the line movement.

Taking KC today. I can’t get the image of the Bengals defense struggling to get off the field against New England’s offense out of my head. I don’t think KC will have any problem sustaining drives. Bengals should be a little better on offense this week and Chase will do well, but can’t see them keeping up. Burrowhead no more. Like Pacheco props too. He went 18-130 vs Bengals LY and their rush D did not look good vs NE.

Before week one I had it as a jets double digit win. To the people playing bounce back spots how in hell can u play browns and Panthers but not jets and I've seen a lot.

Titans run game diversity will be able to attack jets. The ingenuity from Titans coach is making Taylor in Cincinnati look very bad. There are real concerns about that jets dline.
Scary is jets pass d also looked bad.

Still hunch titans defense isn't good which says something about bears. Over for me. Rodgers will cook and titans should be able to get some run.

Interesting to note, all the titans runs came on like one drive. Bears shut it down second half. Jets prbly roll.

I have no interest in betting the Browns/Jags game, but Kevin Stefanski has a really good record off a loss. Can’t remember the exact record, but he is one of the top coaches in this category over the last 50+ years. And the Browns have never started 0-2 since he took over his head coach.

Chargers - harbaugh is buttoned up. Panthers have a rookie head coach and don't look prepared. Then look at the QB difference and fact chargers want to smash and Panthers can't defend run. I don't buy the trends that way 35 plus loss come back with a win. Why not 30 points ?

I think niners match up well with vikes and they struggle to defend the run. Not buying the line movement.

My only problem w chargers is it just goes against those ol timer week 2 rules, never buy what ya saw week 1! Lol. I promised myself I really wasn’t betting nfl sides for at least 3-4 weeks. I broke it taking jets ml but I know will Levis is awful so I couldn’t help myself, guess I coulda only played titans tt under which I did that also but for most part I’m still trying not to bet sides.

I posted somewhere I was so unsure if last week was the real Darnold or not? No mistakes, effluent, this def best offense and weapons he played in/with but playing against Danny dimes he had no pressure that his team needed anything cause that overpaid turnover machine handed Vikings the game to where it really didn’t matter how Darnold played! So was the lack of pressure the catalyst or has he really improved. I just wanna watch this one and see.

Gl buddy

Teaser SF/HOU

Where is the restaurant?

I have no interest in betting the Browns/Jags game, but Kevin Stefanski has a really good record off a loss. Can’t remember the exact record, but he is one of the top coaches in this category over the last 50+ years. And the Browns have never started 0-2 since he took over his head coach.

If only he had a qb his team wanted to play for. Maybe one with a less rapey vibe!

My only problem w chargers is it just goes against those ol timer week 2 rules, never buy what ya saw week 1! Lol. I promised myself I really wasn’t betting nfl sides for at least 3-4 weeks. I broke it taking jets ml but I know will Levis is awful so I couldn’t help myself, guess I coulda only played titans tt under which I did that also but for most part I’m still trying not to bet sides.

I posted somewhere I was so unsure if last week was the real Darnold or not? No mistakes, effluent, this def best offense and weapons he played in/with but playing against Danny dimes he had no pressure that his team needed anything cause that overpaid turnover machine handed Vikings the game to where it really didn’t matter how Darnold played! So was the lack of pressure the catalyst or has he really improved. I just wanna watch this one and see.

Gl buddy
You make a strong point, but some things stay the same! Florida State for example still looks as bad as it did in Week 0. We already knew from last year that Carolina‘s O is broken. I don’t see how it could differ?

Before week one I had it as a jets double digit win. To the people playing bounce back spots how in hell can u play browns and Panthers but not jets and I've seen a lot.

Titans run game diversity will be able to attack jets. The ingenuity from Titans coach is making Taylor in Cincinnati look very bad. There are real concerns about that jets dline.
Scary is jets pass d also looked bad.

Still hunch titans defense isn't good which says something about bears. Over for me. Rodgers will cook and titans should be able to get some run.

Interesting to note, all the titans runs came on like one drive. Bears shut it down second half. Jets prbly roll.

Unless they have way more designed runs for Levis I expect he prob looks even worse than last week!

You make a strong point, but some things stay the same! Florida State for example still looks as bad as it did in Week 0. We already knew from last year that Carolina‘s O is broken. I don’t see how it could differ?

Oh I hear ya, 20 years ago I woulda bet panthers all day today but times have changed. I want no part those Mfers. I’m not sure the week 2 overreaction thing been as strong in recent years?

Back