Week 2 - Colts -7

KenPiffyJr

Pretty much a regular
Does anyone know why the line is so low? I'm bewildered. The Colts looked absolutely monstrous last week against the Saints, both offensively and defensively. The Titans...looked like the titans. Why on earth are the colts only giving up a TD, while teams like the bears are giving up almost 2 TDs? Someone help me out here.

2 reasons...well maybe more

1) Chris Brown was a monster - if he can pound the colts who knows what will happen
2) VY - need you say more?
3) Division game - Tenny playing Colts tougher in recent history
4) did I mention VY? - now I sound like Horn!!

I thought the line was a bit high, actually, as after Ten upset Jax on the road (and really, physically dominated them), I thought we'd be looking at -4.5 to -6

A few points...

1) Weren't 2 or maybe 3 of JAX's D-line guys coming off of injuries or surgeries? At least it could've contributed to the huge day on the ground.

2) What about Vince Young? I need some input here. It seems like many people are very big on him. I haven't followed their games very closely. Going strictly off box scores though, TEN doesn't seem to have much of a passing game going.

3) Even if TEN's o-line abuses Indy like they did JAX, everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that they still only managed 13 points. Are you banking on either the green TEN secondary holding down Peyton (absurd is the only word I can think of to describe that...), or TEN keeping up with Indy in scoring? (Possibly even more insane?).

4) In the TEN win last year, Peyton had 2 INTs. I really can't imagine a repeat of that. Whereas Vince also had 2 picks...which seems entirely possible. Especially if TEN falls behind and have to rely on VY's arm.

Thoughts appreciated...

im done bettign against VY. i dont know how he continues to keep every god damn game within 7 pts but he does it game in game out.

Yeah 4 of JAX's d-line men weren't 100% or coming off something or other:

Stroud had offseason micro-fracture surgery on his ankle, Hayward is coming off a torn Achilles' tendon, Henderson injured his shoulder before the preseason finale and Spicer missed most of training camp and the preseason with a sore back.

Coach Jack Del Rio even conceded last week that Stroud and Hayward probably would never be 100 percent again.

I also thought this line was high.

Granted, Indy has longer to prepare, but laying seven on the road?

Against a team that, I want to say beat them in Tenny last year.

I do think Indy wins the game, but that's a lot of points to be laying on the road.

lvsc opened it at -6.5, it opened at -9 at pinny and then dropped to -7 with almost all the money coming in on the colts.

Never, ever would I have opened that game at a nine.

7.5 maybe if I really wanted Tenny action. But a nine? No chance.

winner of this game goes to first in AFC South (depending on what Houston does as 6.5 pt dog at carolina).

I would recommend NOT betting on this game. Remember what happened last year when these teams played... and now everyone is loving the colts again especially after the thumping last week... this play eeeecks me out.

going to be difficult for Manning to have a great day if Chris Brown and VY are out there pounding out four yard runs. no reason to lay 7 on the road with the leagues biggest public favorite

Back