Week 2 Blitz

BlitzBandit

Friend of CTG
4-3 (+1.7 units)

NY Giants -8.5 @ St. Louis Rams

2.2 to win 2

A high number, no doubt, but I'm not going to be afraid to jump on my boys here. They played like shit in the second half of last weeks' game against the Skins. I think that should actually help them be more focused for this one. Last time these two met in 05', the giants won by 20 in a game where Manning had 4 tds and Plax had over 200 yards receiving. Bulger still had a 400+ yard game, but they were not able to punch it into the endzone as easily as they were able to move the ball. That could be similar to what happens again... I can see St. Lois moving the ball (through the air mainly), but once they land in the redzone with less vertical space to work with, I'll be expecting them to come out with field goals more than not. The Giants defensive front should be able to get plenty of pressure on Bulger and make him uncomfortable. Justin Tuck is a beast and I don't expect the running game to go too well for the Rams.

Being on the road probably makes things even better. The Giants (Road Warriors) were 7-1 on the road last year (10-1 including playoffs) and they were 5-3 the year before that and 4-4 in Mannings' first season as a starter. So I'm pretty sure the Giants get things done against a crap St. Louis team, but the question is will they cover the big spread. Well, seeing as to how I don't think the Rams will have much an answer for Jacobs, I think this whole game will be controlled by the G-Men. And instead of settling for Field goals like they did against the Skins, I think they start punching them in here. Remember, Plax had a big game yards wise last week, but he didn't score... I think here he comes up big again. I jumped on this now before the line keeps going up.

updated record (after Monday Night Plays):

6-3 (+3.7 units)

few other notes I added on the Giants game in Sharks' thread

the Giants are 15-4 ATS on the road since 06'...

I just don't see how Bulger could do better than his 14 of 26 for a buck fifty eight performance against the Eagles now that he's facing another defensive front that's equal or better than what he faced last week... plus Spags will blitz him all day...

one of the things I really like is that the Giants will have 10 days to prepare for this Rams team (they played on Thursday) and they have Cincy at home followed by a bye week after this game... so nothing to look forward to... might as well kick some Ram ass.<!-- / message -->

my card for this week:

New York Giants -8.5 @ St. Louis Rams

2.2 to win 2

New Orleans Saints +1 @ Washington Redskins

2.2 to win 2

San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks -7

2.2 to win 2

San Diego Chargers @ Denver Broncos +1.5

2.2 to win 2

Baltimore Ravens @ Houston Texans -4

2.2. to win 2

Green Bay Packers @ Detroit Lions +3

1.1. to win 1

Miami Dolphins +6.5 @ Arizona Cardinals

1.1 to win 1

still looking at other stuff, but I'm pretty sure that's all I end up on.. the other games this week don't look too appetizing

Dang it, I wish I woulda took the Giants when they were at -8.

I see you took my Fins this week. Thats sweet and sour for me. I went the other way which means the Fins will probably win now. If Pennington has a good first half compared to the shit first half he had against the Jets then they will win it in good fashion. It's all good. haha

Good luck man. :cheers:

spanish, you can take it at 14 and it'll still be good. This is a terrible matchup for the Rams. Nasty defenses and a back like Jacobs causes too many problems for the weakest team in the NFL.
NY 34-10 is what I see and I'm a Rams fan.

spanish, you can take it at 14 and it'll still be good. This is a terrible matchup for the Rams. Nasty defenses and a back like Jacobs causes too many problems for the weakest team in the NFL.

Agree..:shake: I got them at -10 :cheers:

There's some strange stuff going on within this Rams team. My opinion is this...The Rams lost respect for Linehan some time ago. Not sure when or why exactly. I feel the players want him gone. The players seem to not care and are showing no effort. The players are waiting and hoping for the FO to make a change. I believe OC Saunders will come in eventually and be the interim this season. I just don't see how Linehan makes through the year with as bad as this team is playing. The Rams have no chance this Sunday vs the Giants and I think the spreads will only get higher to go against them as the season progresses. GL buddy!

Nice start to the year Blitz.. Continued success.. Se we are oppo a few but I do like the Denver play quite a little..:cheers:

There's some strange stuff going on within this Rams team. My opinion is this...The Rams lost respect for Linehan some time ago. Not sure when or why exactly. I feel the players want him gone. The players seem to not care and are showing no effort. The players are waiting and hoping for the FO to make a change. I believe OC Saunders will come in eventually and be the interim this season. I just don't see how Linehan makes through the year with as bad as this team is playing. The Rams have no chance this Sunday vs the Giants and I think the spreads will only get higher to go against them as the season progresses. GL buddy!

Why has it went down intially?

Dang it, I wish I woulda took the Giants when they were at -8.

I see you took my Fins this week. Thats sweet and sour for me. I went the other way which means the Fins will probably win now. If Pennington has a good first half compared to the shit first half he had against the Jets then they will win it in good fashion. It's all good. haha

Good luck man. :cheers:

Go Fins!.. hehe

gl shark.

I really do think the Giants run away with this one... I was planning to jump on em' this week before I even knew what the lines were... needless to say, I wish I woulda checked earlier since the line opened at 6.. damn.

gl bud

New Orleans Saints +1 @ Washington Redskins

2.2 to win 2

Marques Colston is out, but I don't think it hurts the offense as much as one would expect. I think they have the guys and the depth to keep the offense in sync.

Washington was soft against the run against the G-Men last week. Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward combined for 155 yards and averaged over 5 yards per carry, but the Saints didn't do too bad against the Bucs either (Thomas and Bush had over 100 yards rushing combined). It's no secret their passing game is their bread and butter though, and even though Washington held Eli to 19 of 35 passing yards with no touchdowns, the Saints' have a more complex passing offense and should be able to get through the Skins' defense easier. I'll be expecting Drew Brees to have just another day at the office.. which usually translates to about 300 yards through the air and a couple of tds...

Shockey actually had one of his better games at Fedex Field last year (5 catches for 79 yards), but he didn't go over 30 yards in any of his previous four games against them... I figure as long as Brees is at the helm, there's no reason why he can't be at his best.

Jason Campbell looked like shit last week running the new offensive system. In fact, the whole team looked like shit and if it hadn't been for a 50 yard kick return, the Giants woulda probably shut their asses out. It would make sense that they should be more prepared for this one facing a weaker Saints defense and having 10 days to prepare for it, but I still don't see them reaching 20 pts here. That's just how pathetic they looked to me last week.

The Saints didn't look too good against the run last week allowing Tampa Bay to run for 145 yards on 19 attempts. That's 7.3 yards per carry from Earnest Graham and Warrick Dunn. That means Portis could be up for a big day, but I actually think after doing that bad against the ground game last week, they focus on keeping Portis as contained as possible to force the Skins to make plays via the air. If that happens, then things should go New Orleans way. As bad as New Orleans was last year against the pass (30th in the league), I think Campbell and the Skins are one team that can actually make them look good.

This could end up being a tight game, but as crappy as the Skins looked last week and with the new offense they are still trying to learn, I can't side with them at all at this point... plus I just think the Saints are the better team.

San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks -7

2.2 to win 2

Okay, so Bobby Engram and Deion Branch are out and we probably won't see them til' after their bye week and Nate Burleson and Ben Obomanu are out for the year. That doesn't leave much. They'll have to do with Courtney Taylor and Logan Payne. Who the fuck is that you ask?... well, they are pretty much the only receivers that dressed for the Bills game who are not injured right now. The other receiver will be Billy McMullen, who just signed with them on Wednesday.. and to top things off, Hasselbeck is still playing with a fucked up back... but really, who cares who they are or how Hasselbeck feels?.. It's the fucking Niners, damn it!... and the Hawks are at home... and their coming off a loss to the Bills... Fuck the Niners!... The Hawks should come out making a strong point in this one...

The Seahawk defense can get pretty nasty when they play at home.. they tend to be better there... and after the way they played against Buffalo, I'll be expecting to see some sacks and interceptions in this one. The 49ers lost 23-3 and 24-0 in their two games against the Seahawks last year... and last week, the Niners only threw the ball 20 times and were still sacked 4 times.

Aside from the sacks allowed, O'Sullivan lost 2 fumbles and threw an interception in those 20 pass attempts... Now he's playing in a tough environment which he has yet to experience... I'll be expecting him to shit his pants all day long.

GL Blitz... was on the texans too and was pissed when that shit got rescheduled to november

loved the texans in this one... only reason we get anything under 7 is because balty barely squeaked out a win against the lowly awful-on-the road bungals

well, the Houston game is out the door...

here's some brief thoughts of what I like in the others...

San Diego Chargers @ Denver Broncos +1.5

2.2 to win 2

Oh my, how the tides are turning.. I had this Denver team projected with 8-10 wins and the Chargers taking the Division with 10-12 wins... I think some ground has been made up... San Diego is officially without Merriman and using him sparingly, they got to Jake Delhomme only once last week... I'm not really sure how they expect to get to Cutler now... specially when you consider how easily they let Jake Delhomme pass his way down the field on a game-winning drive.

And the way they played against the run wasn't any better.... DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart combined for 139 rushing yards, averaging 5.0 yards per carry... I can only imagine what the Denver backfield committee approach is capable of.

The Chargers are on the road against a good team here, and they're hurting with Merriman out and Tomlinson and Cromartie listed as questionable. LT says he should be probable by gametime, but what's weird is he really wasn't running like I'm used to seeing him run. He wasn't making people miss and he was unable to get away from tackles at times like he used to. Maybe he was just dragging out there because he seemed a step slow to me. He needs to get his ass and his confidence back in gear. On top of LT and Cromartie, Gates and Jamal Williams are both listed as probable. And on the Offensive line, Marcus McNeil and center Nick Hardwick are both out. That's alot of shit that needs to be made up. I wondering how they plan on protecting Rivers.

The Chargers are playing a Denver team that they've schooled four games in a row. They kicked their asses by puting up 35, 48, 41 and 23 points. Last seasons' games were 41-3 and 23-3 blowouts. I think the Broncos get some revenge here... they have the team to do it and they're at home playing a SD team that is pretty hurt right now.

GL Blitz... was on the texans too and was pissed when that shit got rescheduled to november

loved the texans in this one... only reason we get anything under 7 is because balty barely squeaked out a win against the lowly awful-on-the road bungals

oh those damn Texans... I was really looking forward to that one.. hehe..

gl Cap

:shake:

Green Bay Packers @ Detroit Lions +3

1.1. to win 1

I'm only going one unit on this one... mainly because it's tough to trust the Detroit defense, but it's funny how alot of people were doubting the Packers without Favre one week, and then slobbering all over how good Aaron Rodgers is the next. Well, the public is pounding Green Bay here and Vegas doesn't seem to give a shit... so neither do I.. hehe.

I projected Green Bay to take the Division this year in a tight race with the Vikings and I'm not backing down from that... I still think Aaron Rodgers will be fine and the Packers will do plenty without Favre, but this is one week where I think the hype from last week gets to em'...

I won't be expecting too much from the Lions this year, but they are playing at home in this one, where they tend to be better. They went 5-3 at home last year with three of those losses being against the 3 best teams from the NFC (Packers, Cowboys, Giants). This is their home opener after an embarrassing loss to the Falcons and now playing a hyped up Packer team. I think I like my chances here.

adding a total here:

NYG @ STL OVER 42

(1.1 to win 1)

as bad as STL played last game and with the G-Men settling for fgs all game long, I'll be expecting some serious points put up... I still remember the Giants scoring over 40 last time these two played... I'll be rooting for some guns-a-blazing.

so here's the final card:

New York Giants -8.5 @ St. Louis Rams - (2.2 to win 2)

New Orleans Saints +1 @ Washington Redskins - (2.2 to win 2)

San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks -7 - (2.2 to win 2)

San Diego Chargers @ Denver Broncos +1.5 - (2.2 to win 2)

Green Bay Packers @ Detroit Lions +3 - (1.1. to win 1)

Miami Dolphins +6.5 @ Arizona Cardinals - (1.1 to win 1)

NYG @ STL OVER 42 - (1.1 to win 1)

Blitz I hope your right about the Saints but coming from a life long fan who hardly ever misses a home game in the dome,please be careful with that bet.It is so one sided on the Saints.It is scary. That line is just bait making it seem easy.Just reconsider it. I know the majority is sometimes right but I don't see it in this one.GL buddy

that game was disturbing on so many levels...

Tuck was being held almost every play.. there was one play where he was tackled and wrapped from behind and still no call...

then the long pass to Holt.. geez.. what bullshit...

anyway, the Rams look horrible and they should never have been coming close to hanging with the Giants... the game was a joke and the score should've actually been much worse...

anyway.. Tuck is a BEAST!

glad to see him on our side.. hehe.

Blitz I hope your right about the Saints but coming from a life long fan who hardly ever misses a home game in the dome,please be careful with that bet.It is so one sided on the Saints.It is scary. That line is just bait making it seem easy.Just reconsider it. I know the majority is sometimes right but I don't see it in this one.GL buddy

they had their chances and blew it... go figure... good call on that one bud, and thanks for the heads up... I'll take heed next time.

New York Giants -8.5 @ St. Louis Rams - (2.2 to win 2) - WON

New Orleans Saints +1 @ Washington Redskins - (2.2 to win 2) - loss

San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks -7 - (2.2 to win 2) - loss

San Diego Chargers @ Denver Broncos +1.5 - (2.2 to win 2) - WON

Green Bay Packers @ Detroit Lions +3 - (1.1. to win 1) - loss

Miami Dolphins +6.5 @ Arizona Cardinals - (1.1 to win 1) - loss

NYG @ STL OVER 42 - (1.1 to win 1) - WON

looks like I was on the wrong side of quite a few today..

3-4 (-1.6 units)

Back