Week 2 and My Memories of a CTG Legend

Capaholic

Proud Member of Chiefs Nation
5-2 Wk 1

Somber week for me on the board. I havent been around a ton since college bball and BAR messaged me the other night to let me know that Slap had passed. I’ve been bummed for a couple days now but would like to share my thoughts briefly.

Slap aka Gavin seemed like he was created in a gambling lab. He was a true degen like many of us and never hesitated to bring up his bad beats or an angle he had for the next game. Our shared passion was Providence basketball. I’ve been involved with PC as a fan, student, and other ways for over 35 years. I still do some stuff for the school and almost every game Slap would come down and chat with me (def looking for info on the game lol) and talked shop about CTG and his very close bond with BAR and Hunt. Sometimes if it were halftime he’d come down like Shooter from Hoosiers screaming about Cooley with Bud Light in hand but it was part of what made him a true original. I will miss him and despite living about 5 miles away I regret that we didn’t have a closer relationship. I will miss the kid very much. I’m only 42 but he just seemed like everyone’s kid brother. Like those who have passed from our great board before, he will never be forgotten.

Carolina +2
Detroit -1
LA Rams -10
Cincy -7
Packers -10
Bills -10

Not like me to have this many favs. Will def tease and parlay the big guys as well.

Id def fuck with Derek Carr props today. I think this is a week they get on track offensively. Unsure what Zona will be on offense today so laying off. Over if anything.

Thanks for reading.

Damn, that's sad news. You could tell he was one of a kind. How did he pass, he was young?

5-2 Wk 1

Somber week for me on the board. I havent been around a ton since college bball and BAR messaged me the other night to let me know that Slap had passed. I’ve been bummed for a couple days now but would like to share my thoughts briefly.

Slap aka Gavin seemed like he was created in a gambling lab. He was a true degen like many of us and never hesitated to bring up his bad beats or an angle he had for the next game. Our shared passion was Providence basketball. I’ve been involved with PC as a fan, student, and other ways for over 35 years. I still do some stuff for the school and almost every game Slap would come down and chat with me (def looking for info on the game lol) and talked shop about CTG and his very close bond with BAR and Hunt. Sometimes if it were halftime he’d come down like Shooter from Hoosiers screaming about Cooley with Bud Light in hand but it was part of what made him a true original. I will miss him and despite living about 5 miles away I regret that we didn’t have a closer relationship. I will miss the kid very much. I’m only 42 but he just seemed like everyone’s kid brother. Like those who have passed from our great board before, he will never be forgotten.

Carolina +2
Detroit -1
LA Rams -10
Cincy -7
Packers -10
Bills -10

Not like me to have this many favs. Will def tease and parlay the big guys as well.

Id def fuck with Derek Carr props today. I think this is a week they get on track offensively. Unsure what Zona will be on offense today so laying off. Over if anything.

Thanks for reading.

Man I miss that fucker so much.

He would say Cap is in his Chiefs starter jacket again and send us pics of you down at the monitor.."look he's right there!" lol

Back