smh212

Awesomeitus Degenerate
Sides: 41-30-2 +8.02
Totals: 17-21-1 -7.71
Tease 9-7-1 -3.0
Half: 5-3 +1.25
Player Props: 22-14 +2.13
94-69 +0.69 units

Week 17 is just as much about which organizations are stable and which are not. To that end I always add an extra column to my week 17 worksheet: Team Stability. I rank them from 1-5, and decide if there is enough there to make an adjustment to my pointspread. A small sample of what I consider:

• Ownership and their relationship w/ GM and Coach
  • GM and coach stability: Are both going to be there next year? Is one in and the other out?
  • Team motivation: Tied more so than the scenario laid out above than their current position where playoffs are concerned.
These are just a couple of the things I’m looking for. I will say that those teams in a so called “Must Win” situation tend to be overrated where the spread is concerned. Just because a team “has to win to make the playoffs”, doesn’t mean shit to me. In fact, depending on the opponent, you can usually find good value betting against these “must win to get in teams”. However, you want to be sure the team you are backing has some form of stability in ownership, front office, and w/ the coaching staff. A team w/ a staff on the way out, is not one I like to back. It’s always an added plus if the game is a division game. Lastly, week 17 is one where you will find some of the largest spread moves of the year as information is released on a team. In this day and age, it’s always best to consider the source. If you don’t already have a list of “trusted sources” for each team, now would be a good time to start building one for your strategy going forward. I’m only going to visit the games I have interest in betting.

Car/Atl

My line: Car -5 44
Plays: ATL +6 (1) and ATL +210 (.25)
About 3 weeks ago, I noted that ATL has moved past the fact that their season was not going to meet the expectations, they started to play better. Starting with the last weekend in Nov, this ATL team has improved dramatically over the one we saw at the end of Oct through the end of Nov. ATL is very capable of upsetting Carolinas quest for the bye week. The coaching staff and GM are in place, and they have revenge on their mind from a 34-10 trouncing they took back in Carolina on 11/3. A Panthers win wraps up the south title a well as a bye. The 6 to 6.5 is attractive here.

Gb/Chi
MY line: Chi -1 53
BEARS +3 (1) and BEARS +125 (.50)
Over reaction city here. Start with the Bears getting hammered by Phila last Sunday night. The Bears are not that bad no are the Eagles that good. Next we have Aaron Rodgers playing. I’m sure the 7 week layoff and gusty winds up to 25 MPH making it feel like 10 degrees will have zero impact on Rodgers. Both defenses stink, I’ll take the offense that has played together, and played together well for a longer period of time.

Phi/Dal

My line: Phila -4.5 51
DALLAS +7 (1) an DALLAS +230 (.25)
This game is very similar to the Bears/GB game. A divisional matchup to win the division. Orton has played in a long time, and I really don’t know what to expect from him, but if they commit, the girls could run with Murray. This thing either stays close or the Eagles just blow the doors of the Jerry dome.

Jax/Ind

My line: Ind -7 43
JACKSONVILLE +10.5 (1.25)
Colts secured a home playoff game with a win in KC last week. They have an outside shot at a bye week, but they need tings to break their way. I think the KC win took a good amount out of this team. Moreover, the Jags are exactly the type of “bad” team I’m looking to back in week 17. We know the coach and GM will be there next year. The guys taking the field on Sunday know they are being evaluated, so we know the effort is going to be there. Still, if the Jags were not playing decent football as of late, I would pass, but they are playing better ball, so I’ll take the shot getting 2 scores.

May have a couple more....GL.

VIKINGS -2.5 (1.25)
My line: Min -4

Any doubts that Detroit is playing for a lame duck coach?

So my local offered me a free 100 wager on Sunday w/ the following restrictions: Have to do a 5 team teaser. I could choose the amount of points I would receive, which obviously would change the odds. I'm of the opinion that a 5 team teaser is asinine (he knows this, that's why he set the restriction), so I went for the highest payout and took 3 pts. Here's what it looks like:

[TABLE="width: 90%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: TrGameOdd"]
[TD="align: center"]icket#:110573963
Dec 29 01:00 PM
Dec 29 04:25 PM
Dec 29 08:30 PM
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]INTERNET / -1[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Dec 28 09:09 PM [/TD]
[TD]
NFL
NFL
NFL
NFL
NFL
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]5T FB 3PT TEASER
[302] ATLANTA +9-110 (B+3)
[304] CHICAGO +6-115 (B+3)
[313] JACKSONVILLE +13½-110 (B+3)
[316] DALLAS +10-115 (B+3)
[320] MINNESOTA PKEV (B+3)
[/TD]
[TD]
100 / 800[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

So my local offered me a free 100 wager on Sunday w/ the following restrictions: Have to do a 5 team teaser. I could choose the amount of points I would receive, which obviously would change the odds. I'm of the opinion that a 5 team teaser is asinine (he knows this, that's why he set the restriction), so I went for the highest payout and took 3 pts. Here's what it looks like:

[TABLE="width: 90%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: TrGameOdd"]
[TD="align: center"]icket#:110573963
Dec 29 04:25 PM
Dec 29 08:30 PM
Dec 29 01:00 PM[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]INTERNET / -1[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Dec 28 09:09 PM[/TD]
[TD]NFL
NFL
NFL
NFL
NFL[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]5T FB 3PT TEASER
[302] ATLANTA +9-110 (B+3)
[304] CHICAGO +6-115 (B+3)
[313] JACKSONVILLE +13½-110 (B+3)
[316] DALLAS +10-115 (B+3)
[320] MINNESOTA PKEV (B+3)[/TD]
[TD]100 / 800[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Do a 6 pointer if you haven't played that yet with these teams:

Chi +9/NE -1/Cin -1/Pit -1/Mia pk

If you don't like one of those (Cin would be my weakest with Bal having motivation as well), then use SD -2. Each of those teams has something to play for still as far as seeding or making the playoffs goes.

That's a rough teaser there with 3 horrible teams in Atl, Jax, and Min. AP isn't even playing is he? Carolina and Indy also still have outside shots at 1st round buys if things go their way.

The payout is huge, and I get that it's a free $100 play, I just think you can find much better games to bet on. A 5 team 6 pointer should still get you at least 4 to 1 (4.2/1 at BOL).

Lareuex and NBA - Yes the teams suck, but that's not the point in week 17. It's about perception in week 17. Hell I only use my PR on a couple of games. Good luck to both.

Thanks Bar...GL.

Thanks fellas....appreciate it. Learned a lot this season.

49ers +3 (1.25)

My line: PK

We know the Cards need to win this game to have any shot at the playoffs. Last week they beat Seattle in Seattle, and now they have to beat SF? Tall task. SF has a shot a home field throughout, and I haven't read anything stating that the Niners will not be giving a full effort. Both teams are hot, and I would play either at +3, which happens to be the niners today.

GL today SMH. Like your logic with Chi/Dal. One of those teams wins today....

I think Cincy is the best play on the board. They should manhandle the Blackbirds today..

Back