Week 17

mrpickem

SDQL Badass Stat Boss
NFL
I did finish off last week strong going 2-0 on Monday plus I posted 5-0 bowl picks by accident. :bong:

LAST - [2-0 +8.85u]
2021 - [156-159 -16.21u]
Parlays [1-2-1 +5.05u]

SUNDAY:
6B11H5a.jpeg

• 5.25/5 Raiders +8½ -105
  • 5.10/5 BEARS -6½ -102
  • 5.10/5 BUCS / JETS UNDER 46 -102
  • 5.05/5 BILLS -14½ -101
  • 5.40/5 FALCONS / BILLS UNDER 45½ -103
  • 5.75/5 Cardinals +7 -115
  • 5.25/5 Panthers / Saints UNDER 37½ -105
  • 5.40/5 CHIEFS -3½ -108
  • 5.25/5 Jaguars / Patriots UNDER 41½ -105
  • 5.15/5 LIONS +7½ -103
  • 5.25/5 Titans -3 -105
  • 5.25/5 Rams -6 -105
  • 5.05/5 PACKERS -13 -101
  • 5.25/5 Vikings / Packers UNDER 42½ -105
randoms...

• RAIDERS +8½ ...I know the Colts are the hottest team in the NFL right now, but getting 8 points as a team who’s fighting to make the playoffs seems like a gift. Wentz is questionable to play, which would be great if he didn’t, but even if he does I still believe the Raiders keep it close. LV has recently activated several defensive starters including Perryman, Littleton, Wright, Casey Heyward and DT Darius Philon. Nassib and Waller are still out. With the addition of these defensive starters eager to get back out and contribute on the field, and with Wentz not being able to practice, I see this Colts offense at less than full strength, especially if Ehlinger, who is a rookie, has to start instead of Wentz. Colts get most of their yards from JT and the run game which LV has been very good against recently allowing 3.4 yards per carry in their last 3 and only 79 yards rushing per game in that span. On top of this LV has had a great passing attack while Indianapolis is allowing a 2nd to worst 1.9 passing touchdowns a game and almost 235 yards passing. Looking for Raiders to keep it with an outside shot to shock the Colts SU in Indy.
  • Jets/Bucs u46 ...The Jets offense was almost entirely rushing vs Jags, but won’t have that same success against the Bucs defense. Meanwhile, the Bucs have held L2 opponents below double digits. Antonio Brown is a GTD and Mike Evans "?" as well, so Brady’s top receivers may be Gronk and Tyler Johnson. Expect the Bucs to be run a lot and take 2-3 plays for most first downs. This game also falls under the trend of NFL DD spreads staying under(41-23 64.1% since 2020) which has been one of my favorites to tail.
  • Bears -6½
  • Run offense: Bears(8th overall) > Giants (27th)
  • Pass offense: Bears ( Andy dalton 32nd overall on the season but will have their weapons and assist from run game) > Giants ( #2 qb will most likely play and only one starting receiver remains)
  • Rush defense: Bears (25th) > Giants(26th and have covid and injuries across the dline)
  • Pass defense: Bears (4th) > Giants( 18th and injuries across the board)
  • Giants season is over and they're acting like it. Bears have their pride on the line and NY holds the Bears 1st round pick so they have no reason to even thinking about losing..
  • Giants are ravaged by injuries, covid, and personal matter. They will be missing nearly all their WRs (Toney, Ross, Shepherd, Slayton, Pettis). The starting center is out for personal reasons and their D-line is disgustingly thin. Like practice squad players only. No real options for either shitty NY QB to throw to other than Golladay. They'll be playing 2 QBs (Fromm and Glennon). Jake Fromm Was 6 of 17 for 25 yards with an int before being benched in the 3rd quarter. In Glennon's three starts, NY averaged 26 points. Fromm put up 3 points in two-plus quarters. Both are terrible and if we even see Fromm for a quarter the defense will feast on him.
  • Bears coming off a thrilling win over Seattle to make their season a little more tolerable. Eddie Jackson has spoken highly of Matt Nagy and they are continuing to fight for him. A pros pro in Andy Dalton is starting. He will be ready every start he gets because he might never start again. The bears go to run game (8th in total rush yards) will have success vs this depleted NY run D. Dalton can move the ball but overall is an avg QB at 6 TDs and 6 ints over 4 games started and 6 games played. However he had a full week to prepare and was already named starter despite Fields listed as "?". He’s good enough to win properly managed NFL games. He knows he’s not a star. Robert Quinn is having a career year and should look to pad his stats against this poor Giants O-line. Akeem Hicks may be back to help this defense that is already ranked 11th. I fully expect him to be back because he was out for CONDITIONING.
Final thoughts: Bears have some sneaky talent on offense so I do expect them to put up points but not cause they are great but because NY is so bad. NY will have practice squad members trying to stop a top 10 rushing offense. Also I would much rather have Dalton a vet QB playing with a group of more talented wideouts than Glennon/Fromm with only Golliday. Whether it’s Jake Fromm or Mike Glennon one of them will make a mistake with pressure in their face. The Bears are playing hard and veteran Eddie Jackson even stuck up for Matt Nagy. The Bears also have an explosive return man which could make a difference if this turns into a field position battle of two struggling offenses. It’ll be interesting to see exactly how Nagy calls this game. We’ve seen coaches fall in love with their backups and end up trusting them more than the expected starter. I expect Dalton will get some chances and make some play and YES, I'm backing da BEARS -6½​
  • Titans -3 ...Red hot MIA coming to town and it’s going to be freezing cold instead of that beach weather they’ve been used to. The Titans are looking to solidify their playoff position. TEN is also getting key pieces of their line back as well. The Fish have been winning vs mostly bums and although the Titans sometimes play like bums, they shouldn’t be today. Derrick Henry’s ghost will come haunt that field and bring Tenny a W and cover.
1641134540656.png
117661.jpg

a few more...
  • 5.25/5 Texans / 49ers UNDER 44 -105
  • 5/4.35 Jaguars Team Total UNDER 13 -115
  • 5.25/5 Giants / Bears UNDER 36½ -105
  • 5.20/5 LIONS / SEAHAWKS UNDER 41 -104

In case you missed it, the theme of the week is UNDER :megaphone:
1641135304304.png

117463.jpg

NFL

LAST - [10-8 +7.7u]
2021 - [166-167 -8.51u]
Parlays [1-2-1 +5.05u]
1641255070126.png
MONDAY:
  • 6/7.80 Browns +130
  • 4.20/4 Browns / Steelers UNDER 43½ -105
iu
randoms...
  • Run offense: Browns (3rd overall)> Steelers (29th)
  • Pass offense: Browns (27th baker should be playing hungry and definitely better than last week) < Steelers (14th only give Steelers the edge because of Big Ben will probably play better than he has just because he will be focused and may be his home swan song)
  • Rush defense: Browns (10th getting Clowney back) > Steelers (32nd the worst and missing crucial players)
  • Pass defense: Browns (8th getting Clowney back) > Steelers (13th and missing crucial players)
  • Okay I think everyone knows the elephant in the room with this game. The Steelers have the smallest of chances to make the playoffs and browns are officially eliminated. The other surrounding circumstance is that it's likely Ben's last game at Heinz. These are the only points I can imagine even provide any understandable reasoning to back the Steelers. Every other aspect, that I see, points to CLE by a touchdown or more. Big Ben has been miserable and their only strong point, pass defense, got smoked vs the chiefs. Their season is more likely over than not and for good reason.
  • The line moved from CLE -3 to +3 (+130 ML) after the Browns were officially eliminated from playoffs.

• Steelers
  • Must win game to keep small playoffs hopes alive
  • Big bens last home game
  • Won last matchup vs Browns 15-10
  • 2-0 as home dogs
  • Terrible run defense1641255789433.png
  • Terrible run offense
  • Average to below average pass game. Ben has struggled all season and it continued as they were blown out by KC last week 36-10 where Big Ben put up a total of 159 yds 1td and 1 int. I value this exponentially more than a lot of people because I don’t think KC's pass defense is as good as stats indicate.
  • Average pass defense
  • Great pass rusher in TJ Watt
  • LB Devin Bush and LB Buddy Johnson are both out diminishing the defense further
  • Starting center Green is questionable …could cause snapping issues all night if so
  • Starting punter "?". Crucial info here in case this becomes a field battle of two underperforming offenses.
  • Steelers really don’t have any above average offensive talent besides Clay Pool and Najee Harris
  • Browns
  • An already stout defense is getting back a lot of pieces including Clowney. Should have no issue shutting a weak run game with Myles Garret and Clowney.
  • Pass rush will get home against a slow Big Ben that has a banged up offensive line.
  • Browns are coming off a rough but close loss at GB. Any team in this situation will struggle but Baker did more so than expected.
  • The two headed run game of Chubb and Hunt is very good and can help Mayfield be comfortable and keep this offense moving.
  • Mayfield will play better than he did vs GB... that’s just a fact. Steelers defense is weaker.
  • Roster wise Browns are healthier than Steelers
  • Get the chance to play spoiler for their division rival and revenge from early season loss.
  • Browns coach should be able to double Watt with so many others missing on Pit D

The Browns are gonna be ready to play their division rivals whether it means anything or not. The line swung from -3 to +3 and is horribly valued on the small chance the Steelers have to make the playoffs. Overall CLE is healthier getting some big defensive pieces back while PIT is struggling to stay healthy. Just as most games this season I expect the Steelers to get down early and stay there. CLE has a good enough run game and defense to get a lead and sit on it providing PIT a tough road to comeback. This ground game and D should be good enough to cover for any mistakes from Baker. However I do expect Baker to play better than he has recently. Simply put the Steelers aren't good enough to win this game and Ben must have a vintage game for them to have a chance. The Browns were valued at just -3 when both teams were in playoff contention and I thought it already had value. The idea that it being Bens last home game will make him play better isn't practical.

1641255460863.png
2cc94fd14669a7c0e51481f97b9371e7.jpg

Back