week 17 nfl

brewer

Fan Club of any and everyone good!
right now i just have a question and an answer im looking for ...

why is sf getting 10?

help.

SF has basically caught 10 on the road vs every decent team they traveled to...Hill is there 3rd string QB and now he is questioanble. TB outgained then 2 to 1 yardage wise.

Still doesnt mean SF isnt a good play but if Weinke started why take them. I know Cle cant do anything with a win but that makes it even more likely they play hard here cause if this is the end of the season they should want to finish on a high note( 10 wins).

All the lines will be probably look weird this week. SF will not gain respect with them stealing a win or two at home..having to travel doesnt make this a great spot especially crossing zones and in cold weather...SF DEF slips on the road and I wonder what the offense is gonna do especially in bad weather...(possible)

I think they brought in Weinke to go ahead of Olson on the depth chart, with Olson on the practice squad, but since Weinke is the starter, Olson must be the backup now.

I googled it but all the articles that came up were from the 12th, so im not exactly sure what the deal is. But im pretty sure I read earlier in the week that Olson is Weinke's backup this week.

2672281.jpg

week 17 quotes found from various places ...

"I think it's pretty important to be the third seed and play the last team in," Tomlinson said. "We're familiar with <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:State w:st=
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = " /><st1:State w:st="on">Tennessee</ST1:p</st1:State>, because we played 'em this year. And <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:City w:st=
<ST1:pCleveland</ST1:p</st1:City>, we're kind of familiar with because we played them in the past.

Russell was 7-for-23 for 83 yards with a touchdown pass, but also had three interceptions and a fumble.<O:p</O:p

"Obviously, there's a lot of things to learn from today," Russell said. "Things didn't go the way we wanted to, but I learned things and that's what you want."<O:p</O:p

First-year coach Lane Kiffin was a little harder on his quarterback Monday when asked what Russell needed to improve.<O:p</O:p

"Where do you start?" Kiffin said. "Ball handling in the run game. Footwork in the passing game. Decision making, timing, accuracy. You name it, it was out there on film yesterday.<O:p</O:p

"I haven't been around decision making like that before, as far as just throwing the ball up across the field like he did a number of times. I'm sure that didn't help his confidence. Your first time playing an extended amount of time like that, to not have success can't help."<O:p</O:p

Though they'll miss the playoffs for the ninth consecutive season, the Arizona Cardinals appear encouraged heading into their 2007 finale. The same certainly cannot be said for the St. Louis Rams as they deal with turmoil on the sidelines.<O:p</O:p

Heading into 2008, Whisenhunt will probably stress how close his team was to a playoff berth. Six of the Cardinals' defeats were by a touchdown or less and another came after they had a one-point lead heading into the fourth quarter.<O:p</O:p

A former offensive coordinator in <st1:City w:st="on">Pittsburgh</st1:City>, Whisenhunt has started to cultivate an effective offense in <st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:pArizona</ST1:p</st1:State>. The Cardinals have scored at least 20 points in seven consecutive games for the first time since 1983-84, and their five 30-point games are the team's most in 23 years.<O:p</O:p

Injuries have been the key reason behind the team's worst season since going 4-12 in its first year in <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pBaltimore</ST1:p</st1:City>. Besides McNair, defensive end Trevor Pryce and cornerbacks Chris McAlister and Samari Rolle are among eight players on injured reserve, and that number could grow.<O:p</O:p

Linebacker Ray Lewis missed the loss to the Seahawks with a dislocated finger and running back Willis McGahee, the Ravens' leader with 1,207 yards and seven rushing touchdowns, broke two ribs in the first quarter and almost assuredly will not play in the season finale.<O:p</O:p

With Weinke in, SF coming from the West Coast to play a now 100 start time, the Brownies will be the play.:tiphat:

Damn it, Weinke sucks. Hill and Olsen just might be the QB's, of the future.

I don't think that Clev. has much motovation. The Niner's D is healthier and Willis will do his share.

I would love to hear JoeP's thoughts, on this game. Gore should have a great game, unless they can stack the box. And, even then, Gore can break them.

I just think that 11.5 is way too many, even with Weinke.

should be a boring one, i would love to fade weinke, but at the same time, why lay 11.5 with cincy, thats ridiculous.

im going to be on SF TT under 14.5

a little unorthodox, but hard to pick a side in this one IMO.

gl on your wagers tomorrow guys

:tiphat:

I think Cleveland comes to play and, in theory, this is the easiest play on the board.

Now, with that said, why haven't I played it yet?

I haven't played it yet because it's a ridiculously big number. Yes, SF has been catching DD on the road this year so I get it. But let's not forget what SF did just last year on the last day of the season to Bronco team needing a win at home to get into the playoffs. SF won outright.

I don't think this is even remotely the same SF team, and this Browns team is better than those Broncos. Still, it does raise a flag.

For my part I think the QBs on both of my teams have good days tomorrow. DA needs to show he can bounce back from a horrible performance last week, and this might be Donovan's last game as an Eagle. He'll show up--and they're going to get Westbrook a record tomorrow, so he'll show up too.

Here's something interesting, a ML parlay of their 1st halves pays about -135.

dammit. joe public beat me to it!:tiphat:

i wanted to correct my post!

i just re read that and saw i said "cincy" instead of "clev"
....i dont know why but over the years i have always mixed these two up...especialyl when intoxicated(as stupid and square as that sounds, im just ADD sometimes). i used to do th esame with belichek and billick. i dont know why.

but seriously, all 16 beers aside!!!! :cheers:

not a teaser man....but for this week i will be teasing 2 teams that need to win and clinch...and the brownies are one (NOT THE BENGALS)..and the colts...2nd stringers or not, its still the colts, and theyre not going to be resting EVERYONE. AND they dont want a division rival in the playoffs w/ them. general rule of thumb there. and look at the titans margin of victory, these guys dont usually win by more then 7, and hell, theyre playing in indy!. im going with a 23-21 type of win for em, but who knows, its week 17. crazier shit has happened.

washington +1
clev -1.5
indy +15

looks like a sexy teaser.

good luck on week 17 guys. i know a lot of fellows that dont bet this week. but there has been some SEVERE line movement on a couple games, and we have to jump on it, no matter how crazy. 'an_horse'

cleveland is without a nose tackle. but even with them missing a huge piece of that d i cant back sf without hill.

I think you have to look at from the standpoint of Cleveland has to go into this game with its season on the line. Why yes , I understand there is nothing to gain by a win BUT the 10 win mark and just finishing strong IF this was there last game seems like great incentive for a team who came out of nowhere.

One thing that concerns me is I dont think Weinke is nearly as bad as some peeps are making him out to be. What I do think is bad is that its your 4th QB of the season and a guy who I dont think even was in camp with anyone but could mistaken there. Testaverde walked in off the street with about 20 years of experience to rely on. This guy is 2-17 as a starter! With about 2 weeks looking at SF playbook.

I think SF offense could be in for a long day. Really what did Cincy do on offense? Look at the past 5 games for CLE defense...pretty nice work IMO...only ARIZONA got past 20 with 27 and that was away...not to mention a helluva alot more offensive weapons.

So really I dont think SF cracks 10 points without the aid of a turnover or special teams play. The SF defense can be passed on which is Cle strength.

Now how bout the early start and how bout that weather ??

If you look at the SF offense past few games while it was an upgrade it still wasnt producing much and Gore has just 2 100 yd games this season.

Now past 2 weeks what were the SF lines +7 and +8 AT HOME!

Tough to find reasons IMO to take SF see how I feel when I wakeup...:cheers:

Distractions as well...Nolan fired? Martz to SF ? Singletary to ATL? Letdown for CLE not having control of there fate?

Anderson tries for 30 TDs...

RE: What do you expect from Chris Weinke?
“We’ll see. My hope and my expectation is that we move the ball down the field, whatever it is. His leadership, his ability to deliver when it comes time to throw, his ability to make checks in the running game—whatever it needs to be. If we’re moving the ball, that’s what I expect him to do, whatever it takes.”

RE: Two days of (Chris) Weinke running the offense, what have you seen? 12/27
“He can spin the ball. Outside of that, he knows the plays he’s got to run. It’s the game I’m concerned (with), we’ll see how the game goes.”

The offense will see its first 3-4 defense since week three against the Pittsburgh Steelers

“We’ve got to handle the different looks up front,” said Jim Hostler. “They play a couple of versions of it, so it’ll be a recognition game for us.”

Sportsnut, what you think of colts, gb, miami and/or tampa?

ALL terrible games I may not touch. I know Indy is resting there guys after the 1st Q or should I say expect. I dont think GB wants to go in losing 2 straight but if Rodgers is OUT then I could not take them. Somewhat lean DET but really havent looked deeply. With Miami could they be flat after getting there first win? It was two weeks ago but the unforgettable season ends here. Sounds silly but there goal forever has been to just get a win and whats the difference bewteen 1 and 2 wins?? Cincy is only playing cause its on the schedule but just has so much more talent in a PK the winner situation...thinking about Cincy..

TB much like GB doesnt want to finish with consecutive losses . TB will seemingly be playing 2nd and 3rd stringers. Which is okay at QB but the other positions could be interesting. Still though Car doesnt have much offense and wonder why they made TB +3? That is keeping me off the Bucs ...

Most of these games just way to tough to figure.... Browns and KC seem the most logical with STL and Cincy possibilities...

I let ya know what I decided in the AM. The more I look the Giants were the best play on the board in week 17....

Tennessee (9-6): The Titans are in the driver's seat for the final AFC spot, but they need a win over the defending Super Bowl champs in the season finale. (A Titans tie and Cleveland loss will clinch spot, too.) Final game: at Colts. <HR>

Cleveland (9-6): The Browns must win and get help from the Colts (who need to beat the Titans) to make the playoffs. Final game: vs. 49ers.

i think indy first Q ML -120 or indy +1 (-110)(if this line is still avaiable, up to -130 jiuce on greek) 1st half has to be looked at

and someone can check the numbers, but i know off the top of my head tennesee noramlly gets off to a very slow start, and playing on the road in indy wont help!

gl tomororw guys, good insight.

Time to sleep...

starting to like ATL and from what I have read TB is content to lose 2 straight going into the playoffs. Lets face it they evaluated players in the 2nd H @ SF why would they do anything less a week later?? Dont know how Car does it but they should win....I guess...

i can see marvin getting a 6 up there and colts 7-0 after 1.

:tiphat:

Agreed, just actually locked in at colts -1/2 1st Q at +140!! :cheers:

i know some of you on here use thegreek, its on there if anyone was interested. couldnt pass on this value play. good luck tomorrow all.

Back