Week 17 - Let's bet some dogs

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
As it turned out, last week wasn't that bad for me.

I actually bet less games than I might of had I been in town. Sadly, Arizona and Buffalo completely sh*tting the bed after having double digit leads not only ruined what could have been an excellent day, they destroyed me in an NFL contest I was in.

Oh, and I laid off Seattle. Ugh.

At any rate, the single worst week of the NFL season is here. The only worse betting week for the NFL, I believe, is the final week of the preseason.

Teams rest guys, some teams try, others quit, and the line generally ends up being irrelevant.

With that said my plays tomorrow are somewhat small save:

New Orleans ML
I'm not loading up or anything, but this is a regular play for me. It's a pride thing, I think their season has sucked, and it all started to go downhill when they lost to this very team, in this very stadium, one year ago. This is their Super Bowl. And they get to play it against Kyle Orton.

Baltimore ML
Pittsburgh is hurt--yes, so is Baltimore--but it's far less important for the Steelers to win this game than to not get another person hurt. And let's not forget that the Steelers handed this team its d*ck earlier this year by nearly 40. Everybody can run on Pittsburgh all of the sudden, that's good enough for me.

Oakland ML
No, I'm not kidding. Oakland is a bit of a mess, but they're one angry football team, and they were right in this game with SD last time they played until Culpepper decided to run off the field and f**k a goat at the end of the first half rather than tying the game up. I can't exactly blame the guy, I mean, he's got a serious medical affliction, he likes to f**k goats, he needs professional help. Still, if Pittsburgh loses in the morning, SD has zero to play for here, Russell gets his first win as a Raider.

Indy ML
Unless I was really drunk last night--I was--the Football Gods spoke to me in a dream. They said they wanted the Browns in the playoffs. That's good enough for me.

Good luck tomorrow, everybody.

=)

baltimore wins early you will have a great bet on oakland going if sd just completely shuts it down. but if pitt wins with batch starting i dont like this play on oakland (pts seem okay) and will be teasing sd down to a 2 or 3 number.

like colts with pts more than a ml.

gl tom joe. go birds.

GL bro.. Maybe Peyton watched his brother last night..

Pep talk back at you Peyton... "Bro, just because this game means nothing to you doesn't mean it doesn't mean something to someone else.. Like your brother last night. He played hard and still lost but gained a lot of respect around the league for laying it out for the good of the game.. The good of the game should always be to play the game legit if it means something to someone.. So here is your personal Pep talk choir boy--tell coach you want to play until the game is in hand not because you have to but because it is the right thing to do.."

Hope that helps JP:cheers:

Need to send the same memo to Tonica Romo too

By the way, word was Dungy got swamped with faxes from Browns fans and folks have been texting Anthony Gonzales all week telling him they have a moral obligation to beat the Titans today.

Go Browns.

I think we agree the reason NYG showed up is cause you have to in that situation. You cant just hand NE history and 16-0. This is NFL history and something never ever done before. NY would have pulled back had NE jumped on them. It actually will give NYG momentum I believe heading into the playoffs. Really only thing NYG had to lose was players but we all didnt think that team could go anywhere anyway. They built some character. As I mentioned to JP the kid Boss @ TE really isnt any dropoff from Shockey in the pass catching game. Eli is a headcase which is only made worse be being in NY. Back to the point at hand the Titans have struggled on offense even with Sorgi at QB for the entire game I still think Indy has a better then normal chance of winning at home....

Would rather see CLE in myself

Still, if Pittsburgh loses in the morning, SD has zero to play for here, Russell gets his first win as a Raider.

they both play at 4:15..

U kidding me??? There is no dropoff from Shockey? Thats crazy talk. I realize he might have had a TD last night, but he is no Shockey. Shockey is more a a pass catching threat, has more speed and intensity. Giants will miss Shockeys presence in the playoffs.

Still, if Pittsburgh loses in the morning, SD has zero to play for here, Russell gets his first win as a Raider.

they both play at 4:15..

Pitt has some depth though and really Balt is down to its 3rd QB Troy Smith and 3rd RB Musa Smith. All 3 TE's are OUT. Demetrius Williams continues to be absent . Both starting CBs (and Sapp still) plus Ray Lewis is OUT. This is a decimated team. The Ravens were killed by injuries to the defense and the belief that McNair or Boller is the answer....Batch took all the reps all week and I think he won @ Balt a year or two ago...

Russell is awfully raw and his WRs are not that great.....but if it means nothing great value....I think there just isnt mcuh value in Balt:cheers:

U kidding me??? There is no dropoff from Shockey? Thats crazy talk. I realize he might have had a TD last night, but he is no Shockey. Shockey is more a a pass catching threat, has more speed and intensity. Giants will miss Shockeys presence in the playoffs.

Absolutely not. This has nothing to do with last night. Ask Joe Public about the PM I sent him before the game in Buffalo . They wont miss Shockey...

Since when does intensity catch passes? That intensity is probably cause for more drops. However I should clarify that I was saying I thought Boss would definetly be able to do what Shockey had done 5 games previous to his injury...Boss has good hands his defiencies are in off the ball...blocking , route running...etc..

Back