WEEK 17 CARD - GAME MOTIVATION thread.

bornloser

Pretty much a regular
Hi guys. I am in a pick'em pool where you pick every game every week straight up. The overall winner takes $1500 for the season. I am up three picks heading into next week. Second place pays $0.00.

I figured I'd start a thread to discuss each game as far as each team's motivation and which teams will or will not play their starters, etc.

I figured it will not only help me out, but can be a great resource for the rest of the board this week.

ST. LOUIS/ATL

NE/BUFF

KC/CINCY

DET/GB

TENN/INDY

GIANTS/MINNY

CAR/NO

MIAMI/JETS

DAL/PHILLY

CLEV/PITT

OAK/TAMPA

JAX/BALT

CHI/HOUS

WASH/SF

SEA/AZ

DEN/SD

Any thoughts on straight up winners would be greatly appreciated as well.

THANKS. Good luck this week guys. :cheers:

absolute no brainer lock - Baltimore.

Jax played the game of their dead season's lives against Indy, and got crushed with a heart breaker. They'll have zero in their tank imo for next week, plus their defense sucks.

absolute no brainer lock - Baltimore.

Jax played the game of their dead season's lives against Indy, and got crushed with a heart breaker. They'll have zero in their tank imo for next week, plus their defense sucks.

Agree but to bad its -11.5 for us !

ST. LOUIS/ATL - ATL although they could have a letdown after playoff clinch. Doubtful.

NE/BUFF - NE but with Edwards back I can see it being close

KC/CINCY - ?

DET/GB - Green Bay won't lose to a team about to go 0-16

TENN/INDY - ?

GIANTS/MINNY - ? You'd think Giants are due for letdown but they can stop the run...

CAR/NO - ?

MIAMI/JETS - ?

DAL/PHILLY - ?

CLEV/PITT - Pittsburgh. No question.

OAK/TAMPA - Tampa. Lock.

JAX/BALT - Batlimore. Lock.

CHI/HOUS - Houston IMO, but depends what Chi does tomorrow

WASH/SF - San Fran but also a ?

SEA/AZ - Arizona, close to a lock after the big Seattle win in Holmgrens last home game

DEN/SD - San Diego. Close to a lock, Denver isn't that good.

You've got about 7 question mark games, any way of seeing what the guys behind you are playing before you submit? Lol

If you in first right now and haven't been asking for help all season why start now? Go with what you think. If it ain't broke don't try and fix it. Good luck.

Thanks guys.

BetCrimes, I agree with Balt, have to pick them all though, lol. Thanks.

TXTennis Boy, with losing two more RB's this week, you HAVE to like SD.

Capt. Slap, thanks for your input, later in the week, maybe we can get through those other games. :cheers:

brewer, I plan to make my picks, then double check here to make sure I'm not missing anything. I'd hate to forget about a situation where a team clinches, etc. This week is not like any of the others.

Thanks again guys for the input. Hope this thread can help others this week too.

Titans should probably be a play. Colts are going to do their typical rest guys in the final week. Fisher plans on playing most everyone with the exception of Mawae at Center. VY will see time against the Colt backups. Gotta think the Titans will cruise if this is the case.

Titans should probably be a play. Colts are going to do their typical rest guys in the final week. Fisher plans on playing most everyone with the exception of Mawae at Center. VY will see time against the Colt backups. Gotta think the Titans will cruise if this is the case.

Titans shaping up as a big play as well for me .....would probably look @ fading Washington. They just won their PLAYOFF game vs Philly and travel cross country vs a SF team showing up every week.

Chargers have got to be a play IMO. It's destiny that they will destroy the Broncos here. I can't see the game going any other direction after the Donks have coughed up the division lead.

Does anyone think the Jets might lay down for Miami if New England wins early? Gotta think the Jets might lose on purpose if it meant keeping Bellichick out of the postseason.

Dallas-Philadelphia- Honestly who the hell knows? These two teams are so soft and inconsistent that I see no way you can predict this one. Would have LOVED the Eagles if they won last week but who knows what team shows up now.

Love the Niners for the reasons Nut mentioned.

It would be a disaster if NY loses IMO. Bad enough to choke but could certainly be a tough game to get up for if the are eliminated already. I think Buffalo and Jax are both very live though ....Ravens off an emotional SU win as a dog coming home as 2 TD favs ? Seems way to many and NE has stomped the last 2 opponents but Buffalo would make their season with a win here and a different team with Edwards . Probably lean Dallas but its marginable because top notch defenses have given Romo tons of trouble......:shake:

One would have to feel that the refs will be calling the 50-50s SD's way. How can they not when it's only because of officialdom that SD doesn't have DEN's record & visa versa.

Ed Hochuli is not assigned to call the Broncos vs. Chargers game on Sunday, and I think it's a shame.

The NFL is missing out here. The game's already been flexed to Sunday night because of its do-or-die nature, but there's a chance to add another level of intrigue. The WWF does it all the time. Lex Luger vs. Yokozuna at Wrestlemania X? Sounds good. Lex Luger vs. Yokozuna at Wrestlemania X ... with Mr. Perfect as the special guest referee? Dream come true.

Ratings would go through the roof. Advertise the game as "The Denver Broncos vs. the San Diego Chargers, with returning special guest referee, Ed Hochuli!" It would be a gold mine.

But the real reason I want him to call the game? Because the Chargers are owed one giant make-up call, and Ed Hochuli knows that better than anyone on the planet. I think he showed a proper amount of remorse for what happened in Week 2 in Denver. It's almost inhumane not to give him a chance to make up for that. If he doesn't get a chance to right this, he'll never be able to set foot in San Diego again.

Other officials I'd find to be fair and acceptable for the game include:
• Tony Gwynn
• Ron Burgundy
The Ghost of Bob Hope
• Tim Donaghy, with a $20,000 bet placed on the Chargers on his behalf
• Kendra Wilkinson
• Shawne Merriman

Colts will put most their second stringers out there like typical fashion every year. Is this game a gift ?

Tennesee will rest some of their better players who are dinged up. Haynesworth, Vanden Bosch, and center Mawae will be out for sure. Most likely Vince Young will play the majority of this game. He should have motivation to win this game , since it,s been a down year for him. Something small for him to salvage here. The oddsmakers opening up this at Ten-3 suggest that the Colts will tank this game.

Indy,s has been prone to injuries all year long . This has to be a rest week for their players considering they will have to most likely have to make the long west coast trip to San Diego the following week. Buffalo,s
win over Denver threw a Mouse wrench into the Colts going to Denver who they have beaten every time it matter.

Harrison, Addai, Rhodes, Saunders are all dinged up and should be right out. P. Manning my start the first series and they,ll put career back up Jim Sorgi in. Has Sorgi ever won a game in his career ? Most of the O-line propably won,t play especially J. Saturday since he,s battle injuries all year long. Freeney won,t get much time if any.

Coach Dungy will try to put a positive spin on this game to keep Commissioner Goodell at peace but is there any other way to look at this game than the Colts will be tanking this game.

Brees is trying to beark Marino's record. I would play any New Orleans passing/receiving props and go against any rushing ones.

Think J Stew may have a bigger role in this game, too.

This is going really well guys. I agree with just about everything here so far. Really big help. Hope we can all make money this week!

Here' what I am sure I am picking:
Carolina
Hous
Pitt
GB
MINN
NE
TAMPA
ATL
TENN
BALT
MIA
AZ
SD

Questions on but leaning to:
KC
PHIL
SF

any thoughts? or things I am missing. Picks lock at 12 noon!

Back