Week 16 What Are We Learning

bengals could end up as the favorite if they beat buffalo and burrow might backdoor an mvp

eagles and boys are pretenders with that kind of defense.......by default an overrated 49ers team looks like the fav to go to super bowl to play bengals/chiefs/bills

shocking how bad matt rhule was compared to wilks......and lions need to fire aaron glenn

felt like falcons, eagles should of covered seahawks for that matter

Just curious how they gonna mess this up.

Hopefully 3rd time a charm with this future.

I do think they’ll need Jimmy either in the NFCC or the SB at some point. Purdy been playing with fire but he’s got something special with Kittle going on. Just think at some point he either gets knocked out for a bit or struggles. Jimmy should be ready according to reports to play in a month or so.

I’ll just go by what I watched:

In a game that will be forgotten by most and Dennis Allen almost fucked up, the “Dome team” from the South went to CLE in one of the most brutal conditions played in NFL history and got a win. Pretty cool in an otherwise messy season.

Carolina is playing tough football. Amazing what a change can do.

In the first half Tua looked like a franchise QB; the second he looked like he was trying out for the Jets. Not sure exactly what we learned from that performance but you don’t see too many games where the QB is so good in half of the game and so horrendous in the other.

I do think they’ll need Jimmy either in the NFCC or the SB at some point. Purdy been playing with fire but he’s got something special with Kittle going on. Just think at some point he either gets knocked out for a bit or struggles. Jimmy should be ready according to reports to play in a month or so.

No way if Purdy keeps rolling like this. Jimmy could be insurance if fate strikes down a QB a 3rd time.

No way if Purdy keeps rolling like this. Jimmy could be insurance if fate strikes down a QB a 3rd time.
You don't know how much it warms my cockles to have the Purdy family chime in on CTG. It was love at first post.

In the first half, the fox announcers were commenting that it's cute Miami is running the ball well, but their bread n butter is the explosive passing game.

Looking at the box after, they totally abandoned the run despite their biggest deficit being the final score.

Two excellent backs, against an average run defense... Keep it simple, stupid.

Are any of the Lions fans really surprised by that result.
Their run defense had been allowing the NFL‘s
lowest rush yards per game average over the previous three games. Being run all over by CMC‘s former backups in a crucial game was surely unexpected

In the first half, the fox announcers were commenting that it's cute Miami is running the ball well, but their bread n butter is the explosive passing game.

Looking at the box after, they totally abandoned the run despite their biggest deficit being the final score.

Two excellent backs, against an average run defense... Keep it simple, stupid.

They came out gashing packers w the run on the 1st drive too, basically half their rushing yards came on opening drive. A game they lead a large part of and never trailed till the 4th. It crazy looking at how few plays they running during this skid, the bills game was only time they ran even 50 and bills offense still ran 14 more plays even tho Miami was having ton of success on ground. These last 4 games they averaging 46 offensive plays a game while the d is on the field for 70, there no damn way you winning games like that.

I don’t get it, this coach comes from the shanny coaching tree he should damn well know this ain’t winning football. Explosive plays are great but if you can’t sustain offense you gonna lose even when you do connect on 3-4 big 1s.

I’ll just go by what I watched:

In a game that will be forgotten by most and Dennis Allen almost fucked up, the “Dome team” from the South went to CLE in one of the most brutal conditions played in NFL history and got a win. Pretty cool in an otherwise messy season.

Carolina is playing tough football. Amazing what a change can do.

I always thought panthers d was gonna be pretty good, they have drafted a lot of good players on that side last few drafts. Who woulda thunk they would trade Cmac away and get the run game going like this? Not sure which more impressive between that or the fact they have Darnold playing turnover free football for the 1st time in his life. Gonna be interesting to see if they trust him more going forward and if so how he does if they run into a game like against Steelers where the run game was totally taken away?

I remember when Mike Davis was playing really well at first after CMC injury then he slowed down. Defenses have to learn how to stop the new running backs, I think, now that Carolina apparently figured out how to utilize them?? Seems like Panthers were doing some option running maybe like when Darnold ran it in??

Did anyone really think Joseph was gonna miss that kick? Keep calling the Vikings frauds and they keep winning. Dogs again this week. They probably like it at this point. I’m definitely not gonna doubt them. Under the radar at 12-3.. seems impossible but it’s reality.

Did anyone really think Joseph was gonna miss that kick? Keep calling the Vikings frauds and they keep winning. Dogs again this week. They probably like it at this point. I’m definitely not gonna doubt them. Under the radar at 12-3.. seems impossible but it’s reality.
Their defense is not good.

Their record in one score games is ridiculous.

They aren't a SB contender.

I'd say this is more like a 10-7 team overall. Credit where credit is due though, they win games. Period.

Vikings are trash. Awful awful defense. One trick pony on offense. And in prime time games they simply have 0 ability to compete. Lucky to be beating bad teams so narrowly.

Last edited:
Back