Week #15 of CFB (12/3-12/6)

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
'08 YTD: 106-94-5, +3.82 units

Had a very average turkey week, going 9-9 with the large card and juicing out. But the bright side was that it ended well. Besides Boise, it definitely was a black friday. Thankfully just about everything hit on saturday though to make up for it. As for this Championship week...well, i don't like the card much. Sharp lines, etc...so gonna keep it light, and head into the bowl season (hopefully) still in the black.
So far, no weekday plays. Lean towards Testy St...but would need the line to drop a decent amount to make it a play. And as for my Saturday plays...i made these all on tuesday night. Posted them in the mod forum in the early am hours...just until i got the time to come online and make a decent thread. Anyhow, here's what i got going for the final week of college football...prior to the bowls, that is.

Thursday, 12/4

Rutgers (-3.5) to Lou/Rut over 45.5 for 1 unit to win .83 W

Saturday, 12/6

Arizona (-10) over Arizona St (-120) for 1 unit W

Tulsa (-13) over E Carolina (-110) for 1 unit L

Florida (-9.5) over Alabama (-110) for 1 unit W

USC/UCLA under 47.5 (-110) for 1 unit W

S Florida/W Virginia under 47.5 (-110) for 1 unit W

Navy (-.5) to USC (-22) to Oklahoma (-7) for 1 unit to win .91 L

Tulsa (-2) to BC (+11) to Oklahoma (-7) for 1 unit to win .91
L

Was planning on having my short write-ups posted tonight as well...but like with the niffel, it's too late tonight. So i'll be back online tomorrow (hopefully) to provide my brief reasonings behind these plays.
And as of now...other than Testy St, the only other lean i have is Oklahoma. Still looking for others...and would need this line to come down on OU as well to make it a play...but we'll see what happens over the remainder of the week.

GL to everyone this Saturday. :tiphat:

Last edited:
tonight i will say this about the big game though...

imo, the line was set this high for a reason. personally, with my shitty attempt at power rankings, i made the gators an 11 pt fav. doesn't justify a play based on just that...but i'll get into it more tomorrow night.
bottom line though...it's a classic example of the lower ranked team being favored. and what happens the overwhelming majority of the time in these cases? exactly...those setting the lines aren't stupid.
anyways, i totally understand how sexy bama can look catching 10 pts here...so in a lot of ways, therein lies the value. imo only...it's kinda like fool's gold...but that said, i wouldn't be disappointed in the least if i'm wrong...sinc ei'm not playing it big.

anyhow, more tomorrow nite...along with the other games too.

and fwiw...here are my rankings by team...for power/lines, not for polls.

1) florida
2) usc
3) texas
4) oklahoma
5) alabama
6) penn st
7) texas tech
8) utah
9) ohio st
10) georgia

bottom line...great offenses in the big 12, but no one plays very good defense. i also was saying i'd put okie ahead of texas before...but after catching up with my #s, the above was the result. (again, it's only my attempt at this...not gospel, by any means.) and i know usc will take some hits...but with their defense, i'd bet them against anyone in a bowl game...w/ the gators being the one exception right now. anyhow, that's my 2 cents on that subject.

write-ups soon. :shake:

Yanks will be back late tonight...but the freakin degenerate has an addition for thurs nite. Seems he needed the action. ;)

Rutgers (-3.5) to Lousville/Rutgers over 45.5
1 unit to win .83

A thursday teaser of all things...
yanks :pillow:admin

Yanks will be back late tonight...but the freakin degenerate has an addition for thurs nite. Seems he needed the action. ;)

Rutgers (-3.5) to Lousville/Rutgers over 45.5
1 unit to win .83

A thursday teaser of all things...
yanks :pillow:admin

Yanks, liking that Rutgers / Over teaser for tonight...and hoping like hell you cash UF....:cheers:

How about giving CC a call and telling our new ACE to sign his contract?

Mully

gl this week yanks

gotta like that under in the rose bowl. with Walker as DC, I know sc's offense isn't gonna put up a 50 spot. its their defense and Craft i'm worried about :hang:

GL yanks...

thx, bro. same 2 u. :shake:

:shake:

GL this weekend yanks

have a great saturday, galt :cheers:

4-1 card so far ;)

added plays...but i'll take 7-1 ;)

Yanks, liking that Rutgers / Over teaser for tonight...and hoping like hell you cash UF....:cheers:

How about giving CC a call and telling our new ACE to sign his contract?

Mully

Me too. Wish i woulda had time to get into this game more...but i'm sure others have dissected it enough. Bottom line...Scary was the best defense in the SEC...before the Gators destroyed them.
We all know the Ole Miss comparison, wich obviously is in favor of Bama. But what about the others? Florida beat UGA, LSU, Kentucky, etc much more impressively...and had a much tougher overall schedule.
Bottom line though...the better offense...the better running game...the better QB, and passing game...the better turnover margin...very equitable defenses, when you really get into it...little bit worse against the run, little bit better against the pass...better special teams...and so forth. Yes, gotta give Bama the edge in the trenches...at least on one side of the ball, if not both. But is that enough to overcome everything else? Not to mention more speed, overall athleticism, more experience, etc.

Bama may cover...but Utah and Boise will be the only 2 unbeatens after this weekend.

As for CupCake...i'll give it a try. :tiphat:

gl this week yanks

gotta like that under in the rose bowl. with Walker as DC, I know sc's offense isn't gonna put up a 50 spot. its their defense and Craft i'm worried about :hang:

Yep. :shake:
I sweated out the UCLA under last week. Craft gave them 28 pts on defense...and a punt return gave them another 3...yet the under still hit, lol. Since we've got no ground game...i'm praying Rick wisens up a bit, and doesn't let Craft embarrass himself out there. If so, and there are more defensive scores, the under's toast. If not, i'm thinking about a 31-6 game.

like tulsa and the totals a little ..

gl yanks

ty, sir :cheers:

Again...sry i wasn't able to be around much this week. And sry for never getting to those writeups...though i kinda just did regarding Florida.

Anyways, got 2 final adds coming.
Other than that...BOL later today. :tiphat:

Well, since that midweek teaser was golden by halftime...and since the short card is pretty difficult...i ended up adding 2 more teasers for saturday. Both 10 pt mothers, mostly regarding games i didn't play due to the lofty lines.

Navy (-.5) to USC (-22) to Oklahoma (-7)
1 unit to win .91

and

Tulsa (-2) to BC (+11) to Oklahoma (-7)
1 unit to win .91

Kinda silly...and out of the norm...but considering the card this week, it somehow made a bit of sense. Anyways, that's all i got...so off to bed, as there are a couple early kickoffs.

Well...5-3 in the final week, 1.73 units to the good. Woulda been a very nice 5-1 day, had i just left the card alone. Once again, those Friday nite additions...this time, lame teasers...bite me in the ass.
That said...though still a bit tarded...coulda been a 6-2 day, had the Trojan kicker been able to make just 1 of 3 makeable FGs in the game. Fucking kickers...can't live with em, can't live w/out em.
And about the only thing lamer than an unsuccessful kicker is a team that turns the ball over 7 times in a game. Imma talkin about you, Tulsa. Steers & queers, Tulsa...steers & queers.

Anyways, it's on to the bowls now. Will be watching as the lines come out. Don't plan on jumping on much outta the gate...but at the same time, i'm not gonna miss any premium opening lines.

Final reg season #'s...
'08 YTD: 111-97-5, +5.55 units

Coulda been more profitable...but it was fun. :shake:

P.S. haven't done my other #s yet...but i can't imagine much changing in my power rankings. If anything, the Sooners might creap a bit closer to the Horns. All that said...Florida IS the #1 team in the nation...and barring another assinine BCS decision, they deservedly will be in the MNC game.

Hope u all had great seasons. Now let's go bowling. :cheers:

Back