Week 14 Thoughts

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
I wil get this all updated later

South Carolina +1.5 (3.3 to win 3)
GT+9 (2.2 to win 2)

That Georgia Tech line is just ludicrous. I was hoping to get 4 and thought I might get 7, but 9? Must be my lucky day.

How I see the ACC this week, from strongest play to weakest:

Best bets:

GT +9
UVA +8

Other plays:

NCSU +1.5
UNC -9
Clem -1.5
Vandy +3.5

Any comments aside from the GT and Clemson games?

How I see the ACC this week, from strongest play to weakest:

Best bets:

GT +9
UVA +8

Other plays:

NCSU +1.5
UNC -9
Clem -1.5
Vandy +3.5

Any comments aside from the GT and Clemson games?

I probably won't get off the NCST train. I don't know about Vandy, I've had a bad read on them all year. UNC should def be able to cover that spread but their offense is having a ton of problems right now, especially on 3rd downs. UVA def looks good.

Obviously I think GT is the best of that group, besides South Carolina. UGA OL should have trouble with the stout GT DL, GT offense is a bitch to defend and with the constant clock moving from the running plays, this line just feels like way too much to me.

Is Asack going to be the Duke QB this week? He put up Air Force-like numbers last week. Early in the 4Q, Duke still hadn't completed a pass.

Is Asack going to be the Duke QB this week? He put up Air Force-like numbers last week. Early in the 4Q, Duke still hadn't completed a pass.

no idea on the status of Lewis. I've been pretty rough on UNC when talking about them but have to think they turn things around in this game. They are playing a Duke team who racked up an impressive 136 total yds this weekend and 6 first downs... Asack had 20yds passing and was intercepted 4 times.

Good luck this week ETG. We aren't getting as many points as I thought we would, but I guess that happens after the 41-10 win last week.

Hoping our boys can get up for it and not end the year like the Maryland game last year where they took it to us hard. Russell Wilson is looking very solid and enjoying having an almost healthy team (except for the guys out with year long injuries).

I like all of those, MW, except for Vandy. Wake should be able to run the ball on them pretty effectively.

Thanks Kyle and Pags......Wolfpack: Congrats on completing your NC State championship. Russell Wilson has really grown as a player this year and I'm pretty happy to see the run you guys have gone on, now covering 8 of the last 9 and having a chance for a bowl with a win over Miami. I find myself actually starting to root for NCST and want to see you guys do well, guess I've grown attached to the team since I spent all summer learning about you guys and than all the injuries happened and I just felt bad.

JGalt - Agree with the Vandy game but its not one I will touch, I have a terrible feel for them.

Broadway: This is a very interesting game. Ball St still has to win this game to sure up the conference I believe otherwise there is a 3 way tie with CMU-BSU-WMU right? Now, with that said, I think you have to throw the possible letdown situation out because the MAC-West is still not solidified yet, even though they just had a monster win on the road at CMU. I think one possible angle in this game is WMU 1st half. Ball St hasn't started out strong all year, they've been a second half team. Obviously LeFevour gave them hell all night with his feet converting many 3rd downs but LeFevour also found some success in the air which is where WMU specializes. Now, you got Ball St on a short week compared to WMU coming off 10 days which certainly would work towards WMU 1st half play. Another angle I like is the Over, see a lot of points coming in this game and with the CMU game basically going under for most people last week, seems like a contrarian point of view.

Thanks Kyle and Pags......Wolfpack: Congrats on completing your NC State championship. Russell Wilson has really grown as a player this year and I'm pretty happy to see the run you guys have gone on, now covering 8 of the last 9 and having a chance for a bowl with a win over Miami. I find myself actually starting to root for NCST and want to see you guys do well, guess I've grown attached to the team since I spent all summer learning about you guys and than all the injuries happened and I just felt bad.

Yeah, unless you follow the team pretty closely most people do not realize how many injuries we have had. I appreciate you cheering for us and I will be cheering for you guys against Clempson. Hopefully, NCSU has one more game in them. Getting those extra weeks of practice would only do wonders for our team.

thanks for the thoughts etg...i know i'm going to be on wmu big, just don't know how big. i agree with your assessment about the 1half. i also think near 4:1 odds is just ridiculous, as this team might be better all around. i wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if this team won su

thanks for the thoughts etg...i know i'm going to be on wmu big, just don't know how big. i agree with your assessment about the 1half. i also think near 4:1 odds is just ridiculous, as this team might be better all around. i wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if this team won su

The more I think about it, the more I lean to WMU 1st half.

WMU 1ST HALF (waiting on line):

We'll see which way this line goes as we get closer to gametime but I'm thinking I get +5.5 or +6 on the 1st half with WMU. WMU is coming off 10 days of rest so if they come out with a good gameplan, they can cover this 1st half spread. BSU is coming off a big time win and they've been a 2nd half team all yr as demonstrated below, listed is their 1st half point total than their 2nd half point total:

Toledo: 3-28
WKen: 7-17
EMU: 10-28
NoIlly: 21-24
MOHl 17-14
CMU: 10-21

For the most part, the majority of their points come in the 2nd half. Tim Hiller is an outstanding QB with 33-6 TD:INT ratio and that demonstrates that he can take care of the ball. This game is very important because BSU has not locked up the MAC-West yet so if both coaches come out with a conservative-feel each other out-gameplan, that will work to my favor. If BSU were to come out on fire and be up 10 or so at half, I'd have my doubts about WMU being able to hang around all game so I think this is the best way for me to attack this game.

I plan to get involved with the Texas game but not with the 35 point spread. I will be looking to see if I can get a decent number on the Team Total as long as its 50 or under or the 1st half which will probably be around -21.

WMU +6.5 (1st Half) (2.2 to win 2).......I didn't think I would see a 7 pop up today. I'm expecting a field goal game at half, wouldn't surprise me to see WMU on top, would surprise me if BSU is up 10, will piss me off if BSU is up 7

Last edited:
your boy summers won the grey cup in cgy-- looks like he should stick with them and be the starter in a few years- he would not be on the team if he was not amazing cause the coach is huffnagel possibly the best coach in the CFL and NFL combined- he was the QB coach of both Manning and Brady and was instrumental in their success- first year in CGY he took a perennial losing team to the title just like that-

your boy summers won the grey cup in cgy-- looks like he should stick with them and be the starter in a few years- he would not be on the team if he was not amazing cause the coach is huffnagel possibly the best coach in the CFL and NFL combined- he was the QB coach of both Manning and Brady and was instrumental in their success- first year in CGY he took a perennial losing team to the title just like that-

real happy he is doing something positive and hopefully he gets a shot to play some more RB next yr.

Texas -7.5 (first quarter) (2.3 to win 2):
Start the ass whooping early.

Still not completly done on this game, maybe playing team total over 51

real happy he is doing something positive and hopefully he gets a shot to play some more RB next yr.

Texas -7.5 (first quarter) (2.3 to win 2):
Start the ass whooping early.

Still not completly done on this game, maybe playing team total over 51

Love that UT play. You think we see Will Proctor handing off to 'Meat' next year in Calgary? :36_11_6:

been real busy

SoCar +1.5 (3.3/3)
GT +9 (2.2/2)
NCST +1.5 (2.2/2)
Arky St-21 (2.2/2)
Rice +3 (2.2/2)
Maryland Under 41.5 (2.2/2)

I'm tailing you on your boys. If it loses, your sis gonna come home with two black eyes.

Back